Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/17/2005, 7:35 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Default American Idol 5

American Idol 5 auditions started yesterday. Well I don't know if they started yesterday, but I know they had auditions in Chicago yesterday. Anyway, I cant believe this show is still on. It's gotten kind of boring to me. I didn't watch the fourth season, but I guess I might watch the 5th season. OMG who's gonna audition.

Not ME!!!

EDIT:

Auditions
  • Austin August 25, 2005
  • Boston August 29, 2005
  • Denver September 11, 2005
  • Chicago August 16, 2005

There is also another one, but I dont know where it's going to be held. Oh and if you have cingular and you plan on auditioning, you can enter some code which can let you cut in front of people in the line. Totally Legit. Yeah, here:

http://rucingular.com/txt2front.html

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 09/18/2005, 12:24 AM
Not a fighter a writer

Default Re: American Idol 5

Quote:
Originally posted by Pizzotty
American Idol 5 auditions started yesterday. Well I don't know if they started yesterday, but I know they had auditions in Chicago yesterday. Anyway, I cant believe this show is still on. It's gotten kind of boring to me. I didn't watch the fourth season, but I guess I might watch the 5th season. OMG who's gonna audition.

Not ME!!!

EDIT:

Auditions
  • Austin August 25, 2005
  • Boston August 29, 2005
  • Denver September 11, 2005
  • Chicago August 16, 2005

There is also another one, but I dont know where it's going to be held. Oh and if you have cingular and you plan on auditioning, you can enter some code which can let you cut in front of people in the line. Totally Legit. Yeah, here:

http://rucingular.com/txt2front.html
Oh man! that damn show is still on.I wish it was cancelled.I didn't watch AI 4 either and I don't plan on watching AI 5.

Heroes,Private Practice,Greek, Ugly Betty,Grey's Antomy, Pushing daisies,Gossip girl are all great shows.

Country Music, and 80's and 90's pop is great music
Old 09/22/2005, 5:10 PM
His senses were dimmed

Hmm I certainly won't audition but after getting hooked to Canadian Idol 3 I might check out American Idol 5.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 09/22/2005, 7:51 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I'm going to audition and do what that old guy in "AI4" did: tell everyone I'm 28. Well, actually, I could easily pass for 18, but why tempt fate?

I watch "AI" primarily for the auditions; after that, the main attraction of the show for me is watching the performers who can actually halfway sing tackle some of the worst songs ever written, like that horrid "I'll Be" song that everyone on the show thinks is just a work of art. Oh, and of course, there are always Simon's commentary and the catfights between the famed razor-tongued critic and Paula I'll-Even-Compliment-a-Crack-Whore Abdul. All the while, Randy's speaking in a foreign tongue; Ryan's telling lame jokes and preening; and...I mean, what's not to hate...D'OH!...love?

And, yes, "AI" is indeed the first sign of the end times; it all goes downhill from here, folks. Brace yourselves!

"We can dig it!"
Old 09/22/2005, 7:56 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

"I'll Be" isn't registering with me. I hate when any "DIVA!11!" performs Whitney's "I Have Nothing," because it seems to be in every single international Idol competition that I have seen. I didn't mind it the first 2 times, but I've seen that song performed exactly the same way in about 7 different competitions, from 3 different countries. I hate it.

Oh, and didn't you just *love* Carrie's performance of McArthur Park last season, Mizzimad?

Old 09/22/2005, 8:03 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

"I Have Nothing"--there's another one. URRRRRRRRRGH! But you know something, Kurt? I just didn't feel that Carrie's performance of "MacArthur Park" was faithful to Richard Harris's sweepingly poetic rendition of the song, in that it lacked the original version's true majesty. Sorry, I'm just being "awn-est."

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2006, 7:22 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Bumping this back to the top to (hopefully) cut down on duplicate threads.

Okay. I've correctly picked the American Idol winner after the first round of auditions every season thus far (with the sole exception of S3, in which no one ever stood out to me), so I think it's about time I went on the record upfront. At this point, my money's on Kellie Pickler. Anyone want to start a pool?

Old 02/03/2006, 2:21 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Did anybody see that Rhonetta girl on the auditions about a week ago? The big loudmouth black chick that kinda looked like a Lil' Kim wannabe and completely went off on Paula Abdul? If you haven't, you can check her out here.

She was hilarious! That was my favorite audition so far. Or what about that really tan girl from Chicago? She was pretty funny too. She has a MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/xokissmex369

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 02/03/2006, 4:40 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Did anybody see that Rhonetta girl on the auditions about a week ago? The big loudmouth black chick that kinda looked like a Lil' Kim wannabe and completely went off on Paula Abdul? If you haven't, you can check her out here.

She was hilarious! That was my favorite audition so far. Or what about that really tan girl from Chicago? She was pretty funny too. She has a MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/xokissmex369
Yeah I saw the Lil Kim clone...lol. She was so pathetic it was hilarious. She was ripping on Paula for absolutely no reason. "MMMM AND SHE ASKED ME TO DRINK AFTER HER? I DON'T THINK SO! SHE SHOULD BE DRINKIN AFTER ME!" rofl...she just wouldn't shut up, it was great. That's the only episode I've seen so far. I probably won't watch until it's down to the final 5 or so.
Old 02/03/2006, 8:54 PM
Totally F****able

I have to say Im actually watching this season after having never watched this show before. Yeah that girl was hilarious cuz she just wouldn't shut the **** up!

I don't think that some of the people they let through should've been let through.....but oh well.

Old 02/03/2006, 9:07 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl4405
I have to say Im actually watching this season after having never watched this show before. Yeah that girl was hilarious cuz she just wouldn't shut the **** up!

I don't think that some of the people they let through should've been let through.....but oh well.
You don't know what you've been missing!!! Actually the auditions are the best part of the show. I think last years auditions were funnier than this years. Even so, you get hooked on a favorite person so you'll watch to the end. Simon's sarcastic comments make me laugh!
Old 02/10/2006, 3:44 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by smithduke

You don't know what you've been missing!!! Actually the auditions are the best part of the show.
The auditions & the final episode are the best episodes. I'm not sure which city it was but I love the guy with the cosmic coasters!! "These are my cosmic coaster. Just put your drink on it & it hovers. They're made for nightclubs & parties." LOL. I loved that guy.

Old 02/15/2006, 7:56 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

So far so good for my girl.

Old 02/15/2006, 8:22 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwind
Bumping this back to the top to (hopefully) cut down on duplicate threads.

Okay. I've correctly picked the American Idol winner after the first round of auditions every season thus far (with the sole exception of S3, in which no one ever stood out to me), so I think it's about time I went on the record upfront. At this point, my money's on Kellie Pickler. Anyone want to start a pool?
I too like Kellie Pickler I am so glad she's made it into the top 24. Hey, me and blackwind agree on something! Maybe I have a place on this forum afterall. Now I can die in peace
j/k, or am I I do like Kellie Pickler and I think she can win (I hope)

Last edited by Crazynutcase; 02/15/2006 at 9:47 PM.
Old 02/15/2006, 9:30 PM
w00t!

LOVED the auditions. A little too much judge dRrrrraMaZZzzZZZ, though. I loved Tessie May (the girl that Simon said had potatoes in her pants), the emo guy who screamed, the creepy guy/girl that called the show homophobic, the Ukrainian girl that looked like a stripper, the guy with the pajama clothes who was an "enterpreneur", the guy who said "he intimidated other people with his intelligence", the cowgirl with the really high voice, the girl with the freaky tan...hmm. theres gotta be more. I'll probably think of them later.

Well, I'll probably start to lose interest soon, I only like the awful singers and the meltdown later in the show (in the groups when someone is bad or something). It was hilarious when the Brittenum guy rewsigned cuz he thought his brother was out then went back in???

Priceless.

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***
Old 03/14/2006, 7:22 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwind
At this point, my money's on Kellie Pickler. Anyone want to start a pool?
Hmm I don't want Kellie Pickler to win. She has a good voice and all but she's a country singer so I wouldn't listen to her music if she won. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE DEAD WRONG, SIR!

I don't have a favorite yet because I haven't seen enough of them.
Old 03/15/2006, 12:00 AM
Regular

I agree with the country thing about Kellie Pickler. She may not be able to go beyond singing country...but, I agree with Simon. Kellie is much better than Carrie Underwood, especially in regard to her personality. Kellie may not be the brightest but her naivety is very charming. Even so, it won't be enough to win.

As for the winner... my choice is Chris Daughtry ! I don't think anyone is better!!
Old 03/15/2006, 2:43 AM

I feel the same about Kellie. She's got a cutesy personality and a good voice, but I don't want her to win.

Same with Paris Bennett. Except sometimes it seems like she's trying a bit to hard to sound cute..."Does it feel good to be in the top 12, Paris?" "It do!" Um make that trying wayyy too hard to sound cute. That was actually the main thing that put me off about her. Just annoyed me.

But my favorites right now are Lisa Tucker, Elliot Yamin, and Taylor Hicks. I'd be happy if any of them won. Ace Young is pretty good too, but not as good as my other favorites.

Old 03/15/2006, 7:26 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Caitlinnn

Same with Paris Bennett. Except sometimes it seems like she's trying a bit to hard to sound cute..."Does it feel good to be in the top 12, Paris?" "It do!" Um make that trying wayyy too hard to sound cute. That was actually the main thing that put me off about her. Just annoyed me.

I totally agree with you about Paris!!! Her speaking voice drives me crazy! There's no way her voice is genuine, especially because her singing voice is totally different. I could fake it and talk like her if I wanted to. Her personality is also annoying. I just don't see her as an American Idol.
Old 03/15/2006, 11:52 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by smithduke
As for the winner... my choice is Chris Daughtry ! I don't think anyone is better!!
Yeah that's who I'm leaning towards as of last night. He was really good!