Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/20/2008, 1:23 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
Thirded.

I Love Lucy is going to be in this ep, right?
That's the next episode. This is the Best of Politics episode that ran at the beginning of the month.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 10/20/2008, 12:12 AM
Hardcore Fan

Thirded.

I Love Lucy is going to be in this ep, right?

Old 10/19/2008, 9:15 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Yeah that will be cool. 'MADtv: The Lost Sketches' sounds like a great idea.

Old 10/18/2008, 5:29 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Why not instead of doing best ofs they do a lost sketches episode. I know that there are a lot of sketches that have been filmed but never shown for certain reasons like they ran out of time, or the sketch was too "randy" back then. That would be better because at least it's new and we get to passably see footage from old cast members that we haven't seen before like from Nicole S, Michael, and Mo.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/18/2008, 4:20 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
At least they put in some pre-season 10 content, albeit not much, and The Debate and Under Barack Obama were truly the only 2 sketches that could be considered the "best of MADtv".

The senators debate from season 8 with Ron and Michael was a pretty blatent omission, as was the vagina monologues with the former first ladies. Democratic Woman of the Year, also one worth mentioning. I hate that Bobby gets shit like that Crazy video on just because he has some clout. It was HORRID.

Angela was a nice inclusion, one of my favourite characters of all time, and it was a political themed sketch, but only by association. As was the Politcally Incorrect sketch, which has become watered down after repeated viewing. It's been shown as an encore before, and therefore shouldn't be put into a best of collection.

The West Wing sketch I had never seen before, so at least there was that. But these "best of MAD" episodes must stop, unless they plan on doing them right. Which I know they won't.
To your last Statement, i think they should do them more often....but i wish they had a bigger budget for the Best OF MADtv episodes to make it look more nice and a better quality. i believe they need More too fill in Episodes.

Old 10/18/2008, 6:46 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

At least they put in some pre-season 10 content, albeit not much, and The Debate and Under Barack Obama were truly the only 2 sketches that could be considered the "best of MADtv".

The senators debate from season 8 with Ron and Michael was a pretty blatent omission, as was the vagina monologues with the former first ladies. Democratic Woman of the Year, also one worth mentioning. I hate that Bobby gets shit like that Crazy video on just because he has some clout. It was HORRID.

Angela was a nice inclusion, one of my favourite characters of all time, and it was a political themed sketch, but only by association. As was the Politcally Incorrect sketch, which has become watered down after repeated viewing. It's been shown as an encore before, and therefore shouldn't be put into a best of collection.

The West Wing sketch I had never seen before, so at least there was that. But these "best of MAD" episodes must stop, unless they plan on doing them right. Which I know they won't.

Old 10/08/2008, 10:51 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Well, you'll have to wait a while. This will be the last episode till November if we are lucky.

As for Erica, due to the 4 episode commitment in her 4th episode, I believe that she is going to have to have an Eric Price episode #1401 and #1403, and a Matt Braunger #1403 type episode to move on. I think this is looking like the end for her. This also makes me post another question. Does MADtv really need a black woman cast member? I ask this because after Dehali Hall's season last year, and Erica's so far this season do they really need one. I mean I know MAD wants to keep deversity on staff but if they can't think of roles for black women, then they just shouldn't be hired. Please know that this is not a attept at racism by me. I am just posting a hypotheticle.
Is this real? We'll not be getting anymore episodes till November? Wow. Well at least I can focus on my studies without worrying about missing an episode...

I always wanted to ask a similar question too, but I deemed it too sensitive. I thought Erica not being used as much as others might be a racist issue. It's my own guess, I'm not being racist or anything.

Old 10/08/2008, 9:46 AM
Fresh Meat

What a shitty idea for an episode. The current jokes are basically "I'm John McCain--I'm old" and "I'm Barack Obama--I'm black." Contrast this to the older clips featured in this episode which actually integrated political impressions into skits.

I will say Keegan's Obama impression is perfect, and it was refreshing to hear the classic theme song... but come on MADtv. Leave political humor to the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Old 10/07/2008, 8:56 PM
Casual Fan

Danielle Gaither and Nicole Randall Johnson were hilarious, I wish they could've kept both of them.

Old 10/07/2008, 3:49 PM
n4yr

well maybe they saw some sort of comedic potential in Arden that we aren't seeing,

seriously though, I think it all has to do with money.

Old 10/07/2008, 2:04 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
On the NRJ thing. Frank Caeti came on here just after he was let go and told us that the reason why he was cut was because he wasn't getting any of the stuff he was writing on the show, but here is the list of sketches the the 3 season 11 entries wrote according to the Sketches Written by Cast Members thread up to the end of season 12

Frank Caeti:
1105 Curt Jones Buick Autoplex

Nicole Randall Johnson:
1117 Let's Be Honest

Ka-Son
1112 Partial Payment

Darrell
1211 Can I Have Your Number: Brutha on the Make
1217 Can I Have Your Number: Brutha at the Cinema

Arden Myrin
None

Here's what I don't get. Why did Frank who wrote 1 sketch that got aired, and NRJ who got 4 sketches aired get canned, but Arden who had written nothing up until season 13 get to move on?
Ok...well i think Arden Myrin is very talented due to her credits in Movies and television but one thing about Arden Myrin is that she is "EYE CANDY" and she attracts viewers..that is one thing i do know.

Old 10/07/2008, 10:50 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

On the NRJ thing. Frank Caeti came on here just after he was let go and told us that the reason why he was cut was because he wasn't getting any of the stuff he was writing on the show, but here is the list of sketches the the 3 season 11 entries wrote according to the Sketches Written by Cast Members thread up to the end of season 12

Frank Caeti:
1105 Curt Jones Buick Autoplex

Nicole Randall Johnson:
1117 Let's Be Honest

Ka-Son
1112 Partial Payment

Darrell
1211 Can I Have Your Number: Brutha on the Make
1217 Can I Have Your Number: Brutha at the Cinema

Arden Myrin
None

Here's what I don't get. Why did Frank who wrote 1 sketch that got aired, and NRJ who got 4 sketches aired get canned, but Arden who had written nothing up until season 13 get to move on?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/07/2008, 6:49 AM
Groggy

I don't understand..i was expecting much more from Erica. Her track record seemed very promising, she was funny and great in her interview video..wth?

Here's one more person who thinks Nicole RJ was simply awesome. *raises hand*

All the best for the future!

Old 10/07/2008, 5:00 AM
Casual Fan

i want nicole RJ back too - she was brilliant

Old 10/06/2008, 3:36 PM
Casual Fan

i miss nrj

Old 10/06/2008, 2:33 PM
n4yr

Thye haven't been able at keeping a black woman on staff very well since Debra Wilson left. I think they'll keep her for the rest of the season though. They really should have kept NRJ, she was funny and they actually got good usage out of her. (unlike Daniele Gaither).

If they really needed to slash teh budget after season 12, wouldn't it have cost the same amount to keep NRJ, make Johnny a feature player and not hire Daheli at all ????????

Old 10/06/2008, 2:23 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well, you'll have to wait a while. This will be the last episode till November if we are lucky.

As for Erica, due to the 4 episode commitment in her 4th episode, I believe that she is going to have to have an Eric Price episode #1401 and #1403, and a Matt Braunger #1403 type episode to move on. I think this is looking like the end for her. This also makes me post another question. Does MADtv really need a black woman cast member? I ask this because after Dehali Hall's season last year, and Erica's so far this season do they really need one. I mean I know MAD wants to keep deversity on staff but if they can't think of roles for black women, then they just shouldn't be hired. Please know that this is not a attept at racism by me. I am just posting a hypotheticle.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/06/2008, 1:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I switched over to SNL and was not disappointed this week.

I caught some of this episode (the new content at least) on Hulu, and can see that I wasn't missing out on much. I did watch the West Wing sketch and the Angela sketch. It made me miss the old cast, but it was great to see.

I had no complaints about the Best Of opening, aside from "UH OH HOTDOG!!!!11." Other than that, I look forward to a new episode in the future.

Old 10/06/2008, 12:18 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I also think the sketch where the 2 congressmen are debating against eachother but the debate ends up just being the same platform only differently worded, and then by the end they are saying the same thing at the same time would have been better than the Politically Incorrect one.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/06/2008, 6:03 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I laughed loudly at Bobby falling down at the start.

Anyway, watching at the sketches from the past then looking at the current MADtv, I must say the show has changed a lot. A point worth pondering, but I just don't know what to ponder about