Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1221?
Open: Cinco de Mayo Celebration 2 15.38%
Survivor: Holy War #1-3 0 0%
Seasonalis 1 7.69%
Scrubs 5 38.46%
Jordan Ultimate Fighter #1 1 7.69%
Larry King Reviews "House M.D" 0 0%
Election '08 TV Campaign Spot 3 23.08%
Tank: NASCAR 0 0%
The Best Mom Ever 0 0%
Remediation 1 7.69%
Who'd a Thunk: Mushrooms 0 0%
Sissy Felony Jackson 0 0%
Jordan Ultimate Fighter #2 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/12/2007, 6:15 PM
Regular

I'm glad how they tore Scrubs a new one.

This is one of the best episodes I've seen so far this season.

Old 05/20/2007, 2:26 PM
Fresh Meat

After Iīve seen the Scrubs Parody I thought: Michael would be a better Dr.Cox. But maybe he didnīt want to be on this skit, cause he was once on Scrubs in the first season?

Old 05/20/2007, 4:57 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerbAlert View Post
After Iīve seen the Scrubs Parody I thought: Michael would be a better Dr.Cox. But maybe he didnīt want to be on this skit, cause he was once on Scrubs in the first season?
Why not? He appeared 3 times on 7th Heaven and did 2 7th Heaven sketches.

Old 05/26/2007, 11:18 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
Why not? He appeared 3 times on 7th Heaven and did 2 7th Heaven sketches.
Oh, okay, it was just a thought ;-)

Old 05/28/2007, 4:39 PM
Still the best!

This episode was pretty good. I liked the Scrubs, opening, and Best Mom Ever sketches the best. Seasonalis was funny, too...and the Survivor sketches. Also, the "musical performance". The rest was okay.

I give this episode a B.

Old 12/19/2007, 4:17 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Hi, I just discovered this show, and I really love it!

I was wondering if anybody has the clip of "Survivor: Holy War" that they could put on youtube?

This site is really great, I really love it!

~StUaRtFaN20o0O7!

Old 12/19/2007, 6:54 PM
Bender: still great

OH YAH, HEER YOU GO BUDDY!

Old 12/19/2007, 11:06 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Oh, great! Just what we need around here: another emo punk who posts once, requests a sketch clip, and then disappears forever. You Stuartheads really burn my crater-infested buns. Mods, it's time to clean up the riff-raff around here.

*Blackwind and Kurt throw a certain octogenarian out the door, dust off their hands, and high-five.*

HEY!

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/07/2008, 2:40 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Having seen very little of this episode, I had to go with the election campaign sketch, but I'm sure if I had seen the Survivor sketch, my vote surely would have gone elsewhere.

Old 02/07/2008, 3:05 PM
zlolz

Eh, the Survivor sketch wasn't that good.

Looking back, this was a very up-and-down episode that kind of went down more then up, but I'll go with the Scrubs parody.

Old 12/27/2008, 10:18 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

My review.

Open: Cinco de Mayo Celebration: It was great to see Jorge again, and the security guard role is a good transition for him considering that he can't really do the fast food thing since Daniele's gone. It was a good sketch, I hope to see Jorge in this role, as I think they can do a lot with it. The highlight of the sketch was Jorge always calling Arden a blond whore. If you know my distaste for Arden, you know why I would pick this.

Survivor: Holy War #1-3: After doing the race Survivor, this one seemed like it was pushing it. It's really not much different from the other sketch. The highlight was Crista as Tom Cruise. Scary, but oddly the only one in the cast who could play the role. (out of 15)

Seasonalis: Good, but it just had the feeling like it had been done. Highlight, Crista's makeup.

Scrubs: Ok, I am going to tell the truth. I am a big Scrubs fan. I think it's a great show, so this does impact my rating. I didn't like this parody. Not because it made fun of a show I like, but because it was really off. Frank should not have been playing J.D. That should have been Ike, and Michael should have played Dr. Cox. Not only does he look more like Dr. Cox, but he's a frequent guest on the show. For god sakes he wrote the episode that premiered 5 days after this episode aired, and considering that he directed this whole episode, I thought he would do it for the good of the show. As for the parody, you can tell the difference between flashbacks, fantasy's, and real life on the show. The only parts I felt was accurate in all this was the opening, and Dr. Cox destroying the room, since he has done that on an occasion. MADtv does do some good parodies, and some fall off the mark. This one fell off the mark. The highlight was the opening, because it was on par with the actual opening.

Jordan Ultimate Fighter #1-2: Funny, Jordan's reactions to being hit were funny despite there acting. The highlight was Tido wanting to take it slow Bobby disagreeing, and Jordan's reaction to it. (out of 10)

Larry King Reviews "House M.D": Not a fan of these. There's just not that much to them.

Election '08 TV Campaign Spot: Good, but doesn't really interest me. I'm Canadian, so stuff like this just seems like blathering. The highlight was at the end when they referer to politics as American Idol.

Tank: NASCAR: This was off in comparison to the other Tank sketches. Maybe because it was remote instead of in studio. The highlight was Lisa's dumb girl voice. It was funny.

The Best Mom Ever: Funny and cheap to make, not too bad. The highlight was Arden's Tara Reid. One of her only good impressions.

Remediation: Very good stuff. Nicole's Britney was spot on again, along with Ike's Kevin. The highlight was Britney swallowing her gum, because she swallows her gum for nothing!

Who'd a Thunk: Mushrooms: A little off, but a good sketch for the end of the show.

Sissy Felony Jackson: Finally, a foe music guest! It's been so long! This one was good. I can't believe that they found kids willing to dance like that, but that's MADtv for ya! The highlight was when Nicole RJ made the "lawn mower" reference.

Out of 75 stars, this episode got 35. That means it finishes with a D-. A not passing rating. I've never given a non passing rating before. I didn't even really hate the episode. This is just how it sifted down to.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)