Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1215?
Open: Oscar Fashion 0 0%
"Gimme Dat Oscar" 0 0%
Nice White Lady 3 25.00%
Larry Oscar Madness #1 0 0%
Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special #1-3 1 8.33%
The Lillian Verner Game Show: Oscar Edition 0 0%
Ike & Bobby: Oscar Mania! 0 0%
Disney Girl: Adult Film Audition 8 66.67%
Red Snow *Claymation* 0 0%
Fart Camp 0 0%
Larry Oscar Madness #2 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/24/2007, 11:02 PM
zlolz

Show Open: Oscars: Another pretty clever and funny show open. They've been good this season, and this was no exception.
Music Video: Gimme Dat Oscar: An ok music video, a bit repetitive, but not so bad overall. Got a few laughs out of me. The audience didn't seem to be too into it.
Nice White Lady: This was really good...it wasn't really laugh-out-loud funny, but the filming technique was awesome, and it was well-written.
Celebrity Obsessed: Video Store: This was very good, as well. I really like this character. Not as good as the ones in 1201 and 1206, but still great.
Oprah's Oscar Nomination: #1: This was ok...Nicole's Jessica Simpson is awesome, but it wasn't all that funny. Nicole RJ's Oprah is decent, but nothing can compare to Debra's.
Oprah's Oscar Nomination #2: I'm gonna rate these seperately cause they were all different for me, but this was pretty hilarious, good for Ike and Bobby.
Celebrity Lillian Verner Game Show: This was probably the best non-Paul Lillian Verner. It was REALLY hilarious, but mainly for celebrity impressions. The line "My lips tell me there is going to be an earthquacke very soon!" from Renee is CLASSIC. I think i'm going to give this a surprising
Ike and Bobby's Movie: I actually liked this, because of a) Lisa's awesome performance, b) The concept of Lisa and Jordin being every other character and c) The dummy thing at the end. Pretty good!
Disney Girl: Disney Play: THEY BROUGHT DISNEY GIRL BACK!!! This was a bit short, but....THEY BROUGHT DISNEY GIRL BACK!!! Now as long as she doesn't disappear again for another year, i'll be happy. This was also very funny, I like how they brought everyone from the last one back.
Red Snow: A good yet sick claymation sketch. The ending was the best part, definitley. Pretty good.
Oprah's Oscar Nominations #3: Hilarious, again, as good as the 2nd one.
Encore: Fart Camp (#1115): Oh god, encores can never just seem to stay away, can they? Has there ever been a season that wasnt Season 1 or 2 that DIDNT have encores? (including the 'MADtv Classics'). This was a terrible sketch to begin with. If they really wanted to use an Oscar encore, i'm sure there were others. I give this no stars, because it got one star originally, and I take one points off for beginning an encore...soo...yeah.
Closing: Not gonna rate, but i'm missing the cast closings.

Overall: This episode was really unique, and for the most part, really funny. This was definitley one of the best episodes of the season, and considering this was MAD's first real Oscar themed episode (EVERY sketch was somehow related to the Oscars, except maybe Disney Girl), they did a good job.

9/10

Next Week - Repeat of 1208. 2 weeks from now is 1216, guesting the star of FOX's new show "The Winner", in a sketch about spicing up your workplace.

Last edited by Rurry; 02/25/2007 at 9:33 AM.

Old 02/24/2007, 11:03 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagnazzo View Post
WHERE?!?!?!?!?
It's toward the end of the episode.

Old 02/24/2007, 11:13 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

POST PICS OR STFU!

Oh, and was Lisa in this episode?

Old 02/24/2007, 11:15 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
POST PICS OR STFU!

Oh, and was Lisa in this episode?
Yeah, she appeared in 2 sketches, and had a fairly big role in 1 of them.

Old 02/25/2007, 12:19 AM
Obsessed!

okay...I actually saw this one..here is my review:

Show Open: Oscars: This was funny to me. This is one of the rare times I've actually liked Keegan (which p.s. he wasn't in most of the episode )
Nice White Lady: This was one of my favorites. Crista and Nicole were halarious in this sketch.
Celebrity Obsessed: Video Store: I've seen others on youtube, this is not one of my favorite Michael characters......
Oprah's Oscar Nomination: #1: Nicole and Michael were really funny, NRJ was ok as Oprah....but nothing will ever beat the great Debrah!
Oprah's Oscar Nomination #2: It was ok....Ike was funny....but it got old fast......
Celebrity Lillian Verner Game Show: Why is this still being done....they let Paul go...who was amazing.....and still do his sketch....it just makes me angry because this isn't funny, at least to me, w/o Paul. Paul made these sketches, and Stephanie helped them a lot too. I didn't really laugh at all, suprisingly.....and Niocle P's impression of Renee usually makes me laugh, but it didn't, I think I was just mad because Paul wasn't there......
Ike and Bobby's Movie: This was halarious....by far one of the funniest sketches of the night......everyone's performance was great, Lisa was great in this sketch "Is he gay?" lol I loved it......amazing sketch!
Disney Girl: Disney Play: How ironic...I just asked about her!!!! I love her....I was just thinking about how bad this episode was, then I saw Disney girl....that made me so happy. Nicole Parker is amazing....I would love to see more of her....if not by the end of this season...more then once next season.
Red Snow: Nasty....I don't know why, but I hated this sketch...
Oprah's Oscar Nominations #3: Aredn was great...sorry Frank...she stole this sketch.......
Encore: Fart Camp (#1115): I never saw this one, it was funny, I love Nicole and Michael in acting together, this was very funny.
Closing: I would of liked to see Cast Cosing.......I like hearing them talk....

Overall: I loved Disney Girl, Nice White Lady, Bobby and Ike's Movie, and a few of the Oscar Specials and the opening...the rest wasn't good. Eh....a lot of sketches I didn't like...there was another one with Jordan rapping that I skipped cause it didn't look good. There is my review...take it or leave it.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart

Last edited by potroastpig; 02/25/2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02/25/2007, 6:38 AM
just crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Yeah, she appeared in 2 sketches, and had a fairly big role in 1 of them.
She was Jordan's friend in the Celebrity Obsessed and as a double-role in Ike's short

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 02/25/2007, 8:30 AM
Fresh Meat

that disney girl and ike's short movie skit are ****ing killing me! Lisa has a quite good start, and bobby still got it, and btw, the opening is quite impressive, good 2 see ardin get mobbed, i definitly want more
Old 02/25/2007, 11:17 AM
Fresh Meat

Show Open: Oscars: Not the best/most memorable opening this season, but I liked it.

Music Video: Gimme Dat Oscar: Parts of it made me laugh, but... meh. Worst sketch of the night, IMO.

Nice White Lady: Nicole P did a very good job in this sketch! Bravo! It really made me laugh. The only thing that bothered me about it (and maybe I'm just too sensitive) is the fact that NRJ's character said, at one point, "You don't know me!". That's one of Bunifa's recurring lines, is it not? I just can't help but think that NRJ is doing too much of the stuff that Debra Wilson did.

Celebrity Obsessed: Video Store: Great sketch! I like this character; it's not my favorite of Michael's, but I like it. Larry was as obsessive as usual, and I laughed-out-loud at the line about Crista's character looking like a scraggly version of Patricia Heaton from Everybody Loves Raymond.

Oprah's Oscar Nomination: #1: NRJ's Oprah cannot compare to Debra Wilson's. I know I should get over this sooner or later, but it BOTHERS me.

ANYWAY, I thought that Nicole and Michael both did a wonderful job. They work well together.

Oprah's Oscar Nomination: #2: I think I liked this better than the first one, actually. I was laughing the whole was through it.

Celebrity Lillian Verner Game Show: Honestly, I thought I was going to be severely disapointed with this sketch because Stephnie isn't on the cast anymore and her character always made these sketches funny for me. But, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Nicole's Renee was FANTASTIC, Jordon's Morgan Freeman was nicely done as usual, and Bobby Lee was disturbingly great. Very nice.

Ike and Bobby's Movie: Kudos to Bobby and Ike! They did a great job. I loved the eyes on Bobby's hands. Lisa is a good addition to the cast. She's very good.

Disney Girl: Disney Play: OMG, IT'S THE DISNEY GIRL!

Red Snow: The blood was a bit excessive, but it was a good claymation. Mildly funny.

Oprah's Oscar Nominations #3: My least favorite of the Oscar Nominations. I don't know why, it just didn't keep my attention.

Encore: Fart Camp (#1115): I never saw this sketch when it premiered, and I thought it was funny. I love how they set you up for a supposedly serious movie, then they showed you the title at the end. I never saw it coming. xD

Once I again, I'll say that Nicole and Michael work well together.

Closing: I enjoy watching the outtakes, but, as others have said, I do miss the cast closings.

Overall: Good episode. Doesn't beat the Valentine's episode (I'll be saying that a lot for the remainder of the season, I imagine), but it was good.

7.5/10
Old 02/25/2007, 12:09 PM
Regular

I really liked the Disney Girl sketch. But there were too many Oscar-theme sketches, several of which weren't really funny. One (the Oprah segement) would've been enough.

Old 02/25/2007, 1:38 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I like this episode overall. Nothing really wowed me as I watched it, but few sketches are truly bad. Ike and Bobby's movie is the highlight for me, but "Nice White Lady" is a close second. BTW, I never, ever want to hear anyone else tell me that Nicole Sullivan can't play Latina characters. Crista's "performance" in the "Nice White Lady" sketch makes Nicole's Lida look downright authentic.

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/25/2007, 2:08 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I'll do my review later, but I gotta say: "The Nice White Lady" = BEST. MOVIE PARODY. EVER!

Old 02/25/2007, 2:47 PM
Hardcore Fan

After many episodes of research, I have finally come to the conclusion that Keegan-Michael Key in drag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bobby Lee in drag.

Old 02/25/2007, 6:07 PM
Season 14 is Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
After many episodes of research, I have finally come to the conclusion that Keegan-Michael Key in drag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bobby Lee in drag.
I definatlly agree with you on that LOL

YES! the Freedom Writers' Parody was aired it was great! LOL so funny

Old 02/25/2007, 6:07 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Forrest

that forrest whitiker rap was tight. he threw peter o'toole off a roof! "My left eye is Peter Faluk wierd" Come on. That **** is funny.

overall i give this show three 1/2 out of five.

Ike and Bobbys movie, Nice White Lady rocked too.

but the sketches like the video store one, and the oprah interviews, those things bore me. they remind me of you can't do that on televison sketches.

Anywho, I've read a few of the reviews here the last couple of weeks and I think my sense of humor must be drastically different from most on this forum or I'm watching a different Mad TV. but it is cool to see what other people think.
Old 02/25/2007, 8:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I'm bored and I caught this episode so here goes

Open: Oscar Fashion - this was ok

Music Video: Forest Whitaker Performs "Gimme Dat Oscar" - I didn't really get this. I mean...I "got" it, but it wasn't funny.

Nice White Lady - This was funny. Both Nicoles and Jordan did well.

Celebrity Obsessed: Oscar Madness - I don't care for McDonald but for some reason I like this character. I loved him calling Ike and Frank "abortions" ha.

Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special #1 - This was ok. Gawd.

Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special #2 - This one was really lame.

The Lillian Verner Game Show: Oscar Edition - Nicole's Renee was really the only part I enjoyed.

Ike & Bobby: Oscar Mania! - Didn't care for it. Jordan and Lisa were good though.

Disney Girl: Adult Film Audition - Not bad. I clearly don't love this character as much as everyone else seems to.

Red Snow - Pretty good.

Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special #3 - This was the best of the three. Frank was good. Nicole's Oprah was also good.

Encore: Fart Camp - Even lamer the second time around.

Close: Celebrity Obsessed: Oscar Madness - mkay

Overall - An ok episode.
Old 02/25/2007, 11:57 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Anyone else find it TOTALLY ironic that Forest Whitaker actually WON the Oscar?

Old 02/25/2007, 11:58 PM
His senses were dimmed

Not really considering he was pretty much a shoe-in. He pretty much won everything else already. I was kind of hoping for an upset in that category though.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 02/26/2007, 1:36 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TJ~ View Post
Not really considering he was pretty much a shoe-in. He pretty much won everything else already. I was kind of hoping for an upset in that category though.
you guys really don't care for Forrest Whitiker.
Old 03/01/2007, 1:55 PM
Obsessed!

I re-watched this episode, since I tivo'd it....I love Disney girl and Ike and Bobby's movie so much!!!! I actually tried to watch the rap at the beggining but after it was over, the only funny part was when he threw that guy off the building....so I'll give it one star.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 03/06/2007, 1:45 PM
zlolz

This doesn't have to do with this episode, but it's already Tuesday and there's still not a thread for 1216.