Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1209?
Secret Santa #1-3 5 35.71%
Commercial: Tickle Me Emo 2 14.29%
Holiday Sex Party 1 7.14%
President Bush Requests Santa's Help *Claymation* 0 0%
Movie Review Show 0 0%
Saw 4: Jingle Hell 1 7.14%
Maury and Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular #1-2 0 0%
Tori McLachlan "Merry X-Mas" 3 21.43%
Frosty the Snowman [Animation] 0 0%
Jeff Probst Sings the Songs Inspired by "Survivor" 1 7.14%
Christmas Luann 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/09/2007, 4:03 PM
zlolz

Ohh..yay! I LOVE this episode.

Old 12/09/2007, 5:36 PM
Obsessed!

This episode was amazing.....this was a great one to pick to rerun!!!!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 12/09/2007, 8:28 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Absolutely amazing, and with perfect timing too considering it's the holidays. This is definitely MADtv's BEST Holiday Episode EVER.

Old 12/15/2007, 11:45 AM
Fresh Meat

By any chance,can anyone record the "Songs Of Survivor" sketch tonight and post it on YouTube?! Please? Thank you.

Love,
Madtvlover32
Old 12/16/2007, 12:47 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Secret Santa #3 is one of my all-time favorite Bobby moments.

Old 12/16/2007, 11:22 AM
Fresh Meat

I've decided to record "Songs From Survivor" last night and posted it on YouTube. The link to the video is here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdI4xeknanQ. If you liked the sketch,I posted it on YouTube!
Old 12/16/2007, 12:54 PM
zlolz

One year later, and this episode is still phenomenal and every bit as enjoyable as it was the first time around.

Old 12/16/2007, 6:46 PM
Administrator

...but still not worth 9.7/10.

Old 12/16/2007, 7:17 PM
zlolz

Well, I think it is.

Old 12/16/2007, 8:11 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Tori McLachlan is amazing. I hope they do a few more this season...if they even get a chance to, that is.
Old 12/16/2007, 11:18 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

mmmm me too.i want a tori mclachlan album
Old 12/17/2007, 9:53 PM
Obsessed!

I would so buy an album if Mad put one out!

This episode made me realize how much I loved Nicole RJ...I never realized it before....this was a TRUE MAD TV epiosde!

-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
Old 12/18/2007, 2:30 PM
zlolz

Wait...what episode are they airing this Saturday? Usually they air the previous season's Christmas episode...so...are they airing the Season 11 Christmas episode?

Old 12/18/2007, 6:01 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

No unfortunately they're airing the worst of the 4 "Best Of" episodes, "I WANT MY MADtv" with the horrible Perez Hilton. Luckily I have a Christmas hangout with my friends this Saturday, so it's a rerun definitely worth missing. BUT RURRY!!!!!! I will say this!!! I don't know if you're into waking up early but next Monday and Tuesday on Comedy Central they're airing 7 of MADtv's Christmas episodes! They're airing them from seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, &11. It's both Monday and Tuesday starting at I believe 7am

Old 02/28/2008, 1:32 PM
Obsessed!

Tori was a close second, this whole episode was great, but the cast Christmas gift exchange was priceless! I miss having cast closings or just small sketches like these with the cast as themselves.

Old 02/28/2008, 2:59 PM
Administrator

Gotta go with Luann again. This was the point at which:
  1. Crista finally perfected Luann's signature mannerisms and delivery.
  2. The character finally came into its own.
  3. I finally became a fan.
Even in peak form, Luann's appeal, of course, continues to hinge entirely upon whether or not you like the performer behind her, but as we all know, that certainly isn't an issue for *this* viewer!

Old 02/13/2009, 6:05 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

Secret Santa #1: The secret Santa thing started strong, with some great funny. Ike getting singing lessons was funny because if anyone who watches the show knows that Ike's singing voice is awful. Keegan's situation was also funny. The highlight of all this was Keegan as he is telling the story, stopping to ask Bobby why he is laughing.

Tickle Me Emo: This was great! One of MAD's most notable sketches! The highlight was Emo cutting himself to feel alive. This sketch gets a rare 5-star rating from me because it was that good.

Holiday Sex Party: Weird, Sexy, and disgusting to look at sometimes but all around funny. The highlight was (and I know I sound sexist but I'm gonna say it anyway) Nicole's smokin' hot body!

President Bush Requests Santa's Help *Claymation*: Good as filler, and creative but after that, it was ok.

Movie Review Show: I don't like Johnny Gan! He is already stale!

Secret Santa #2: Another slam dunk. Arden getting an Aunt Jemima cookie jar is so something I can see her doing. The fact that she just kept digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole in this made it so much better. The highlight was of course Arden.

Saw 4: Jingle Hell: This in my mind is one of, if not the most gory sketch MADtv has ever produced. I didn't think MADtv could do something like this, but they did, and even though it wasn't MAD, and was really gory, it did kind of work. The highlight was Bobby impaled on the tree as he is the star of the party, because I thought that was such a clever pun by the MADtv writers. It's great to know they can write thing like that.

Maury & Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular #1: The sketch was funny, but with the conclusion of the sketch shown at the end, I'm not sure it would have been that funny if it wasn't for the pig crapping. The highlight for me wasn't the pig crapping, but the pig after he finished crapping, going to the tree to eat the tree. I think Michael found if funny too.

Tori McLachlan "Merry Xmas": I said that Tickle me Emo was one of MADtv's most notable sketches, well this one is one of MADtv's best sketches ever. The song was brilliant, and as I have said before, any chance to hear Nicole Parker's wonderful singing voice is a good sketch. This one was just excellent. The highlight was the entire song, it was excellent. This sketch get another rare 5-star rating, I loved every moment once she started singing.

Frosty the Snowman [Animation]: I'm not a fan of the animated work. so this one doesn't get a high mark from me.

Secret Santa #3: How could this be topped. This way! Bobby and Crista's relationship takes another step with a great sketch! The highlight was Bobby slowly getting on his knee behind Crista, and how she knows he's doing it even though she can't see him.

Jeff Probst Sings the Songs Inspired by "Survivor": Kind of out of place with the whole episode but still great. I loved it! Jeff is a great guest star, and this was a great series of sketches. My favourite song was Gotta find Food with Barry Gibb. I love Michael's Barry Gibb. Another 5 starer.

Christmas Luann: I am not a fan of Luann. I know a lot of people like her but I don't. I know her jokes are suppose to be bad but that's not good to me.

Maury & Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular #2: Not a good ending. If this was the real ending I don't think it would have been good. The highlight was when Michael said they should get singing before the pig takes another shit, and Nicole laughing because she clearly knows that that wasn't in the script, and Michael was just referring to the pig pooping.

Out of 70 stars this episode got a 55 1/2 that's a B rating. The only reason why this episode is so low was because of a few bad eggs. The way you can tell that I really liked this episode is looking at the 5-stars. I don't give out 5-stars a lot, and the fact that I gave out 3 5-stars ratings just shows how good this episode was. In truth I think this is one of the best episodes the show has ever produced. It goes in the same field as the Halloween episode in season 4, and the 200th episode in season 9. Simply one of the best, and maybe even better than all the rest.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)