Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1209?
Secret Santa #1-3 5 35.71%
Commercial: Tickle Me Emo 2 14.29%
Holiday Sex Party 1 7.14%
President Bush Requests Santa's Help *Claymation* 0 0%
Movie Review Show 0 0%
Saw 4: Jingle Hell 1 7.14%
Maury and Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular #1-2 0 0%
Tori McLachlan "Merry X-Mas" 3 21.43%
Frosty the Snowman [Animation] 0 0%
Jeff Probst Sings the Songs Inspired by "Survivor" 1 7.14%
Christmas Luann 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/16/2006, 10:49 PM
zlolz

It seems Crista feels the same way about Bobby Lee as we do...

Old 12/16/2006, 11:32 PM
zlolz

Review time!

Open: Secret Santa #1: This rocked, just like all of the other Secret Santas. It showed how connected the cast is now. It was also hilarious. Nicole and Ike fighting = great comedy.
Tickle Me Emo: This was one of my favorite sketches of the season and it nearly had me LITERALLY rolling on the floor laughing. It was awesome. Especially the little kid going "I HAVE PROBLEMS TOO!" and running up to his room.
Sex with Eachother: A brilliant one-off all-around. Just excellent and hilarious.
George Bush and Santa: Not too bad...not the greatest thing ever but it was mildly funny. Ran on a little too long though. Overall, a decent animation sketch, sure beats the crap animation they produced early on in the season. .5
The Movie Review Show: Worst sketch of the night, but even that still got a few chuckles out of me. Still, not great, but it wasn't OMG WTF TERRIBLE.
Saw 4: Holiday Edition: Pretty good! Got better as it progressed, definitley. The character's utter stupidity was pretty dead on parody-wise of not just Saw, but ALL horror movies (recent ones, anyway). Best part was when the villian kept talking about kissing and Bobby's character just didn't get it, so he eventually said "JUST GO TO THE MISTLETOE, YOU DUMBASS."
Secret Santa #2-3: Both rocked. Arden giving Nicole RJ the extremley racist cookie jar was priceless, as was Bobby killing Frank over Crista.
Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular: Hmm, I didn't expect them to show the blooper. How they made it a surprise was sheer brilliance, though. .5
Tori McLachlan Performance: Merry Ex-Mas: Awesome. Like I said, Nicole is great at anything she does. The kids giving weird faces was priceless.
Frosty the Snowman and Global Warming: Pretty awesome. They must have hired some new animation people, because the animations in the past few episodes are COMPELTELY different from the ones from the first few episodes of the season. They're actually funny .5
Songs from Survivor: This was pretty funny. The concept was mehh, but it suceeded because of cast performance. Jeff Probst was good too.
Luanne Lockhart: Christmas: Wow, there was JUST a question about Luanne's return in the Buy or Sell thread Anyway, this was awesome! Luanne Lockheart rules, glad that their recurring her this season. Also gives me more hope for Disney Girl to be recurred. Ok, i'll stop about her now .5
Close: Maury and Connie: Hmm...wonder if this was improv or what was SUPPOSED to happen? Anyway, it was still good nonetheless. I was kinda hoping for a nice, Christmas cast closing, but this was good too. .5

Overall: A close to flawless episode. It was unique in a good way. It had a lot of little twists to it which made it awesome. Also, there was a nice balance in the cast. Even the worst sketches in this episode (Review Show, George Bush and Santa) were still funny. An EXCELLENT episode.

9.7/10

Last edited by Rurry; 12/03/2007 at 4:40 PM.
Old 12/16/2006, 11:46 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Overall: A close to flawless episode. It was unique in a good way. It had a lot of little twists to it which made it awesome. Also, there was a nice balance in the cast. Even the worst sketches in this episode (Review Show, The Sex With Each Other thing) were still funny. An EXCELLENT episode.

Okay, now you've got me REALLY excited for this ep, so if it sucks, I will hunt you down and kill you.

Old 12/16/2006, 11:50 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Okay, now you've got me REALLY excited for this ep, so if it sucks, I will hunt you down and kill you.
Well, all im saying is, its not the BEST episode at first, but it gets better as it progresses (which is pretty much the pattern for this season, anyway).

Old 12/17/2006, 1:34 AM
Fresh Meat

Dude was that pig taking a dump and leak for real?

Michael Nicole and Bobby seemed to just play it... I think it was planned. But I cant tell...

EDIT: I am still watching the episode. So far its awesome. On a high note... Nicole is hot and can sing very well. That turns me on....

hahah enough of my ramblings.

Old 12/17/2006, 2:29 AM
Hardcore Fan

It's a pretty good show. The Connie and Maury sketch would have likely been extremely annoying and idiotic were it not for the fortuitous bowel movement of that wonderful swine. That pig has great time, taking a dump just as the sketch was getting grating. Although it is not the first time that pig crap has made something funnier.

Last edited by King of Kings; 12/18/2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12/17/2006, 11:45 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Secret Santa #1-#3: One of my favorite sketches of the season! Everything about these sketches had me actually laughing. Arden's mammy cookie jar, Bobby proposing to Crista, Nicole being the whole ringleader, I just really enjoyed everything these sketches.

Tickle Me Emo: I had trouble hearing what he was actually saying, but this was another hilarious sketch. We definitely started on a really high note.

Sex with Each Other: This sketch was so random and out of the blue, that it was perfect. It's sheer "WTF?!!?" concept was enough to get high honors.

George Bush and Santa: Best animation of the season, that's for sure. And a moderately funny one at that.

The Movie Review Show: An interesting choice in new recurring characters for Bobby. I didn't see much in the sketch or character, and it kind of fell flat for me.

Saw 4: Holiday Edition: I've never seen a Saw movie, but I don't think that really mattered here. Another great sketch as the cast "being themselves," even when they were playing other normal people. Hoorah!

Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular: After watching the YouTube blooper clip, I wasn't expecting that to make it in, but they way they edited it to end on that note was so much better than anything they could have ended with.

Tori McLachlan Performance: Merry Ex-Mas: Nicole Parker at her finest! I didn't really care for the sketch all that much, but it was good.

Frosty the Snowman and Global Warming: The animation here was really not good, but the writing and concept was great.

Songs from Survivor: I didn't really expect to see Jeff doing this, but it was a pleasant surprise. Weird place to pull out Nicole RJ's Queen, and Michael's Barry Gibb. And as luck would have it, SNL had Jimmy Fallon back as Barry when Justin hosted no less than ten minutes later.

Luanne Lockhart: Christmas: I'm a future seeing! After mentioning it in the BoS thread, I couldn't believe she showed up. Not nearly as funny as her other two appearances, but she's still so lame she's funny.

Dare I say it, this was one of the best episodes of the season? Best Christmas episode ever? And only two recurring characters, both of which are virtually unknown (not Stuart, is what I'm saying). I just enjoyed everything about this episode.
Old 12/17/2006, 1:04 PM
Bender: still great

Default Review tyme

Open - Secret Santa Awesome opening-style sketch that utilized everyone VERY well. Keegan's part was EASILY the best IMO. Arden's airheadedness...Bobby's insanity...I could go on and on. What can I say?

Tickle Me Emo - This might be my favorite sketch of the season, so far. Very reminiscent of something they would do in Season 5, and every bit as good to boot. Absolute A+.

Christmas-time Sex - A pretty stupid sketch, but in this case, it's a good thing. Short but sweet. Bobby stripping down for the umpteenth time knocks off a point, but incidentally, Nicole Parker stripping down earns an extra point. .5

George Bush and Santa - It wasn't a fantastic stop-motion/claymation sketch, but it still managed to work pretty well. Of course, the person who did Bush (methinks Frank Caeti) isn't nearly as good as Frank Caliendo, but it was by no means horrible. I thought the second part was funnier than the first part. Is George Bush REALLY like that? Wait, don't answer that, please.

Movie Reviews with Xing-Lao Gan - Another Bobby Lee character......but this one is actually pretty good, I must say. Not great or anything, but hell, it beats the shi t out of Bae Sung/Tank/BKFM, amiright? It did get fairly old after a while, and it was a bit disheartening to see Bobby do ANOTHER Asian character, but if Bobby can do more of this and less of Tank, then maybe I would like him a lot better.

Saw 4 - This was a very different idea that worked almost perfectly. Bobby was the real star of this...his obliviousness to Jigsaw's puns was damn funny, if you ask me.

Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular - Damn, are the Maury and Connie sketches getting played out, or what? This was only funny for the pig's defecation scene, but that was such a friggin' hoot that it made the wait for it worthwile. I also enjoyed the line "Joseph, you are not the baby's daddy!".

Tori McLachlan Performance - Flawless! Hilarious! Nicole Parker does it again! What WASN'T there to like about this?

Frosty the Snowman: Global Warming - This was great. Granted, I was drifting in and out (because I was tired), but what I saw of this was really good. Very effective satire here.

Jeff Probst Sings Survivor Songs - Meh, I didn't like this too much. It didn't suck or anything, but it kind of felt like filler. It was cool to see the Barry Gibb and Celine Dion impressions again, though. .5

Luanne Lockhart: Christmas - LOL, I was a bit surprised to see another Luanne sketch...and even more surprised to see it follow the exact same format as the previous two. I'm still waiting for some heckler to tell Luanne "Youuuu SUCK!" As it stands, this was just boring, and the worst sketch of the night...sorry, Crista. .5

Similar to last season's Christmas episode, this was probably one of the best episodes of the season (if not THE best) so far. Only one sketch bombed (Luanne), and there were SEVERAL A+ bits (Secret Santa, Tickle Me Emo), which would have been almost unheard of last year.

8.5/10

Old 12/17/2006, 3:13 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
It seems Crista feels the same way about Bobby Lee as we do...
The same could be said about the pig and Maury & Connie.

Old 12/17/2006, 3:28 PM
Fresh Meat

It was an awesome episode The Tickle Me Elmo skit was the best part.
Old 12/17/2006, 3:45 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
The same could be said about the pig and Maury & Connie.
Egads! Blackwind's been watching McDonald-era/decade MADtv! =p

Old 12/17/2006, 4:03 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

• Open: Secret Santa #1
It's Christmas time at MADtv, and everyone is giving presents. Unfortunately, they aren't the most flattering gifts you could give a person.

-I liked this one; it really showed how the cast has become more connected this season. We really need more sketches were the cast is all together.
Quotes:
Ike: Maybe next year, we'll celebrate Hanukkah.
Michael: Over my dead body! (Storms off the stage)
Ike: It may seem like Micheal hates Jews, but really, he only hates me.
  • Commercial: Tickle Me Emo
It's everyone's favorite Christmas doll--Tickle Me Emo!

-This is probably the best commercial parody ever, and quite possibly the best sketch of the night. The doll cutting itself made the whole thing.
  • Holiday Sex Party
: A robber (Keegan) breaks into a house during a Christmas party, but is more than a little confused when the guests think he wants them to have sex with each other.
-This one was okay; it wasn't fantastic but it wasn't terrible either.
  • President Bush Requests Santa's Help *claymation*
President Bush enlists Santa's (voice of Michael) help to do some of his dirty work. When Santa refuses, he blackmails him into agreeing.

-I think this was perhaps the best animation sketch so far this season, even better than "Celebrity Pets," which I loved. I can't really think of anything else to say.
  • Channel 43-C Thailand Cable Access: Movie Review Show
Xing Lao "Johnny" Gan (Bobby) reviews new movies, including the new movie Dreamgirls.

-It had it's moments, but when it was funny, it was really funny. I'm not sure if I like that they're taking a character from another sketch ("I'll Cut Off Your Penis and Balls") and recurring it, but if they were going to do it, this would be the character to do it for. I mean, "now all the white girls will do me." Who doesn't love that?
Quote: Xing Lao: "Only problem with this movie--no one stick it inside Jessica Simpson."
  • Secret Santa #2
Now, the Secret Santa is getting even more unflattering when Arden gives Nicole RJ a racist gift, which she is much offended by.

Quotes:
Arden: Just don't open the cookie jar.
Nicole RJ: Why not? (Opens the cookie jar, sees racist gift inside)
Jordan: Blackface salt and pepper shakers?!
Arden: Actually, it's only pepper.
  • Saw 4: Jingle Hell
It's time for a sequel to everyone's favorite horror movie Saw, only this time, with a holiday twist. Everyone gets invited to a Christmas party, but no one knows by whom, but a strange figure (Jordan) brings them all together, only to kill them with presents.

-I actually thought this one would suck, but it was surprisingly good. It was cool how Bobby fell right on the top of the tree.
  • Maury & Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular
Maury Povich and Connie Chung (Michael and Bobby, respectively) invite Joy Behar (Nicole Parker) over to celebrate Christmas on their Holiday Special, who brings with her the pig from Charlotte's Web. Everything seems to go fine... until the pig defecates all over the floor!

-This sketch started terribly up until the pig sh!t itself, at which point it became absolutely hilarious. The funny thing is, though, that that was clearly unplanned, which I guess added to the comedy.
Quotes:
Joy: I brought some cookies, but the pig ate 'em.
Connie: Shame on you!
Joy: I meant Rosie O'Donnel!
  • Tori McLachlan Performs "Merry Xmas"
Grammy Award-winning artist Tori McLachlan performs Christmas themed songs for the audience, only to scare and creep out some of the kids on stage from the subject matter in her songs.

-I didn't really think this was funny per se, but I liked it just because Nicole's singing was absolutely amazing. I think what would have made it funnier would have been the kid's expressions, but they just seemed to clueless when they should have looked more scared or confused.
  • Frosty the Snowman [animation]
Three Children (voices of Nicole P, Bobby, and... someone else) build a snowman (voice of Jordan), who comes to life when a hat lands on him. The snowman ends up melting, which Al Gore (voice of Michael) says is because of Global Warming.

-This really wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be claymation, and Frosty would be talking about how global warming was causing him to melt. As it was, it was a little weird, but I still enjoyed it.
Quote:
Kid (after Al Gore shows up): Get out of here, perv!
--
Other kid: My dad is Bill O'Reilly, and he says Global Warming is full of crap!
  • Secret Santa #3
The Secret Santa thing hasn't been going so well, but it gets even worse when Bobby gives Crista and engagement ring and then shoots Frank.

-Nothing to say here, except this was fantastic, just like the last two.
Quotes:
Crista: Frank, please tell me this engagement ring is from you.
Frank: I wish I could, but I can't.
--
Crista: Frank, please tell me Bobby isn't kneeling behind me.
Frank: Again, I wish I could, but I can't.
Bobby: Will you marry me?
Crista: I can't marry someone I have a restraining order against.
--
Crista: Bobby, please tell me you didn't just kill Frank.
Bobby: I wish I could, but I can't.
  • Jeff Probst Sings the Songs Inspired by "Survivor"
Just in time for the holidays, Jeff Probst from Survivor returns to his first love: singing, for an all new album entitled Songs from Survivor.

-This was probably the weirdest of all of Jeff Probst's guest appearances, but it was also probably one of the best. One thing I find interesting is that in this sketch, they parody Barry Gibbs, and right around the same time, SNL parodied Barry Gibbs.
  • Luann Lockhart: Christmas Luann
Luann Lockhart performs standup for the MADtv audience.

-Honestly, I didn't really catch this one because I turned it to SNL. Which reminds me, fellas, if you want to get your girlfriend or wife or mistress or whoever a nice Christmas gift, get her your d*ck in a box! But what I did see was the beginning when Ike said he thought he was the funniest man in the word. Well, I got news for ya, buddy: you're the only one!
  • Close: Maury & Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular
Same thing as the first one, only picking up where it left off.

-This one was fairly good, but I think it would have been better had they actually done a cast closing where all the cast members would have been mad at each other and arguing.
Quote:
Maury: Let's sing before the before the pig sh*ts again.

Final Thoughts: This episode was really good. I can't think of a really bad sketch in the ep,and even the not so good ones weren't terrible. Very well-done, especially Secret Santa.

½

Old 12/17/2006, 4:17 PM
Hardcore Fan

Secret Santa: Great bit that tied the entire episode together very nicely.

Tickle Me Emo: Great parody. It is always good to traumatize children.

Sex with Each Other: It was quite amusing. I enjoy non sequitur sketches.

George Bush and Santa: Not as good as the older claymation sketches like Clops and Raging Rudolph but it was serviceable.

The Movie Review Show: The cut off your penis and balls guy is the unholy love child of the guy who sings “She Bangs” and a retarded orangutan who has been exposed to too much napalm and as such, must be impaled through the heart, drawn and quartered, chopped into pieces, have the pieces dipped into acid, burned to ashes, have the ashes fed to a mutant bovine with eight stomachs, have the cow slaughtered, and blasted into a star.

Saw 4: Holiday Edition: Great parody. Nothing makes me laugh like the brutal and ironic deaths of innocent people.

Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular: The pig saved the sketch. They need to have that pig in a glass case to be opened in case a sketch sucks.

Tori McLachlan Performance: Merry Ex-Mas: Really made me feel the Christmas spirit. It reminded me of Al Bundy’s Christmas Eve:

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
No food was a-stirrin',
Not even a mouse.

Stockings were hung round
Dad's neck like a tie,
Along with a note that said,
"Presents or die."

Children were plotting
All night in their beds,
While the wife's constant whining
Was splitting his head.

But daddy had money
This year in the bank,
Then they closed up early,
And now dad's in a tank.

All of a sudden,
Santa appeared,
A sneer on his face,
Booze in his beard.

"Santa," I said,
As he laughed merrily,
"You do so much for others,
Do something for me."

"Bundy," he said,
"You only sell shoes,
Your son is a sneak thief,
Your daughter's a floose."

"Ho ho," Santa said,
"Should I mention your wife?
Her hair's like an A-bomb,
Her nails like a knife."

He climbs up the chimney,
That fat piece of dung,
He mooned me two times,
He stuck out his tongue.

I heard him exclaim,
As he broke wind with glee,
"You're married with children,
You'll never be free."

Frosty the Snowman and Global Warming: It was pretty meh and the animation was pretty bad. I was expecting a parody the Frosty the Snowman song about global warming.

Songs from Survivor: It was a humorous sketch, although it went on a bit too long.

Luanne Lockhart: Christmas: It was pretty funny but not disturbing enough to be hilarious. No references to suicide, rape, or her boyfriend being Ted Bundy’s cousin. Plus there was already a depressing Christmas sketch with Merry Ex-Mas.
Old 12/17/2006, 4:23 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

I don't think that was Nicole actually playing the piano. You could see her fingers moving through the reflection of the piano, but it didn't seem like they were in sync, but that's just me.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 12/17/2006, 4:34 PM
Fresh Meat

Question Tickle Me Emo

Does anyone know who did the voice of Elmo? It didn't sound like Jordan or Keegan or Bobby, or Frank or Ike. Whoever did the voice for that character did an AWESOME job. That sketch was my fave of the ep. and it would have really been different if the voice of the actor wasn't so dead on for Elmo. Anyone know?
Old 12/17/2006, 4:40 PM
zlolz

I could be wrong, but it probably was digital... I'd have to see the sketch again.

Old 12/17/2006, 11:17 PM
Cast Member
Cast Member

It was me who provided the Elmo voice, glad to hear that many liked it, I thought it was funny too. By the way, I was Bert and Grover in the myspace Seasame Street.

Old 12/17/2006, 11:19 PM
Bender: still great

Sweet, I kind of figured that. Awesome job on the voice.

Old 12/17/2006, 11:21 PM
His senses were dimmed

Thanks for the info Frank. Voices for the animated sketches and Sesame Street type sketches have always stumped me.

I still haven't seen this episode but I'm going to watch it tonight I think because of the positive posts about it.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 12/18/2006, 12:04 AM
Obsessed!

Open - Secret Santa Awesome opening- These were the best part of the show. I loved Nicole's Gift segment, and Crista's gift segment, both were amazing!!!! Crista, Nicole P, and Nicole RJ were halarious in this one.

Tickle Me Emo - I found it wrong in so many ways, but funny! Good job Frank on the voice!!!

Christmas-time Sex - This was the most random thing I ever saw, but it was funny. I thought MM did great in this sketch and the others did good too, I'm trying to remeber more about it, but I watched it last night, I taped it! But It was a good sketch.

George Bush and Santa - Eh.....not going to lie, I didn't like it.

Movie Reviews with Xing-Lao Gan - I skipped over this sketch half way through. It wasn't the greatest.

Saw 4 - I hate, hate, HATE! the saw guy. But this sketch was amazingly funny! Arden did great in this sketch.

Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular - I thought is was funny only because I love Bobby as Connie Chung, tht's my fav. character he plays. Plus I think MM and Nicole P did great, and the pig thing had me laughing forever!!!!!! That was amazing! I know not many agree with me, but I love Connie Chung, and hope to see more!!!

Tori McLachlan Performance - Nicole Parker is amazing and instead of stars she get's hearts because she has an amazing voice and is halarious!

Frosty the Snowman: Global Warming - Funny, I actually enjoyed this cartoon, it made me laugh a lot.

Jeff Probst Sings Survivor Songs - I thought Nicole RJ was great in this one, and so was MM, and Nicole P, but this wasn't one of Jeff's best. I would much rather see another survivor parody (sp?), like the one in season 9 w/ Meg Ryan, Dr. Phil, Connie Chung, etc.

Luanne Lockhart: Christmas - I like Crista, I think she's a great actress and is funny, but I didn't really laugh at this. maybe I just don't know the character since this is the first episode I've been able to watch this season. It wasn't my fav, but I'll give 2 stars cause I like her.

Over all:

Great episode, it made me appreatiate more of the new cast, sinse I've hardly watched any lately in the past two years. It made me like Crista, Arden, Nicole RJ, and Frank a bit more!!!

This was my first time doing a critique like this, how did I do???? Did I do it right, and how do I get half stars????

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart