Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1208?
Snoop Dogg Directs MADtv #1-3 0 0%
Iraqi Protesters 1 11.11%
Welcome Back Teddy 2 22.22%
Music Video: Sly Stallone: "Bring it Back!" 0 0%
Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaughn's Dog, Lenny 0 0%
Apocalypto Press Junket 0 0%
Commercial: Donimo's Pizza and Brownies 2 22.22%
North Korean Nuclear Test Footage 1 11.11%
Red Carpet: 2006 Billboard Music Awards #1-2 2 22.22%
Weekly News with Toby: Word! 0 0%
Adam Tells A Story 0 0%
Talking Magazine Cover: Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock 0 0%
Flavor of Love 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/08/2006, 8:28 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

On FOX.com there is a clip of some Korean Public Service Announcement or something, with Bobby as a nuclear technician making mistakes on camera.

Old 12/08/2006, 8:53 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
On FOX.com there is a clip of some Korean Public Service Announcement or something, with Bobby as a nuclear technician making mistakes on camera.
Oh no...MADtv just doesn't. know. when. to. stop.

Old 12/09/2006, 12:18 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Robotic Hands...that'll probably be the opening. Sounds odd, but at least it'll only be an open.

i was at the taping for this skit.. it was funny! :-D
Old 12/09/2006, 10:01 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by condemnedtoburn View Post
i was at the taping for this skit.. it was funny! :-D
Ooh...that's cool.

Old 12/09/2006, 1:04 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Oh no...MADtv just doesn't. know. when. to. stop.
I disagree, it actually sounds like it could work and be pretty funny as well. Of course, knowing Bobby, it COULD suck...

Old 12/09/2006, 3:00 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCagnazzo View Post
I disagree, it actually sounds like it could work and be pretty funny as well. Of course, knowing Bobby, it COULD suck...
Well, I hope you're right...I'd love for it to be good of course. Last night I didn't catch the clip from FOX.com because my computer was being screwy, but i'll try to watch it now (assuming it's still there(.

Old 12/09/2006, 3:22 PM
zlolz

LOL ok...I just watched the clip from FOX.com and it IS pretty hilarious. "Sometimes I do!" LOL.

Im just hoping they dont turn this into a recurring character. We dont need any more recurring characters from Bobby Lee....

Old 12/09/2006, 4:58 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

MADtv is now officially on YouTube. The main page advertises their uploader username as MadtvOnFox, and they've uploaded most of 1207's sketch already.

I'm not sure if Maury and Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular sketch has already aired or not, but I think that's coming up for tonight's episode.

And I'm not entirely sure that that sketch is actually going to air now that I've actually watched it. It's hilarious, if you're into "Pig Potty Bloopers."
Old 12/09/2006, 5:03 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
MADtv is now officially on YouTube. The main page advertises their uploader username as MadtvOnFox, and they've uploaded most of 1207's sketch already.

I'm not sure if Maury and Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular sketch has already aired or not, but I think that's coming up for tonight's episode.

And I'm not entirely sure that that sketch is actually going to air now that I've actually watched it. It's hilarious, if you're into "Pig Potty Bloopers."
Actually, thats for 1209 In the Upcoming Sketches thread, there was a little bit of info on 1209 (Dec. 16th) and that sketch was mentioned. Also, at the end of the video, it says "See the rest of the sketch on Dec. 16th", which is next Saturday. So, yeah...

About the MadTV myspace thing, I just hope that they dont take away sketches from previous seasons. Tha'd suck.

Old 12/09/2006, 5:09 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:

About the MadTV myspace thing, I just hope that they dont take away sketches from previous seasons. Tha'd suck.

Im thinking that maybe they might or might not especially if they themselves didnt put it there they might.

Old 12/09/2006, 6:26 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
Im thinking that maybe they might or might not especially if they themselves didnt put it there they might.
That would really suck. I havent seen anything about it though so i dont know...

Old 12/09/2006, 11:28 PM
zlolz

Review time.

Open: Snoop Dog Gets Jordan Arrested: This was a funny sketch...only good one of the Snoop Dog ones IMO. The funniest part was Snoop Dog 's nicknames for Jordan. "Yo thats right Taberknackle"..."Ok, I dont know why you just called me Taberknackes, but...". And "Yeah, yeah, that's what Snoop Dog said". LOL.
Arab Protest: Trying to Get American Attention: This was really funny. "You and that stupid MySpace crap". LOL. I also liked the "Go! America! Go!" signs...Frank was good in these.
Mechanical Hands: The best part of this sketch was when he put his hands in his pants and it looked like a massive boner. Jordan giving him a "WTF" look was PRICELESS. There were some other good things about the sketch too but that was the best. The sketch got out of hand in the end though. Overall, it was hilarious though.
Bringing Rocky Back: This was kind of ehh...the writing was poor but Frank performed REALLY well. So i'll give this a for Frank's performance.
Snoop Dog Directs MADtv #1-2: ....Pretty bad. The worst thing about this episode besides the magazine crap at the end. Nothing was funny here, it was just boring.
Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaugn's Dog: This was HILARIOUS. Best Celebrity Pets yet. The funniest parts were the girls being all fangirl over Vince Vaugn...especially when the black woman came lol.
Apocolypto Viewing: This was pretty good. It wasn't all that amazing and Michael's Mel Gibson left a lot to be desired, but ehh, it was alright. The funniest part was the end. "I REFUSE TO SEE THIS MOVIE". "Really?" "No I'll probably go see it".
Domino's Brownies: This was flat out hilarious and the best sketch of the night. I can't rave enough about it. It was just spot on, everything about it. Brownies says..."No wonder everyone hates Americans. What fat-asses" or something like that. LOL. And the brownie being poop was funny too...but the funniest line was "Pizza and brownies! What a deliciously natural combo!". It's funny because it's true.
Red Carpet Event: Billboard Awards: This was good. Arden was good once again. Crista was also funny as the failed hooker (who eventually wins in the end), but she didn't interview any celebrities, so i cant tell if shes a good Red Carpet girl like Arden
Weekly News with Toby: Michael Richards: This was hilarious because it's true. I found it odd, though, that Toby and Red Carpet Event were in the middle of the episode and the Flavor Flav parody was the last sketch, because usually the overhyped parodies are early on in the episode, and the Toby/Red Carpet Event are usually in the last few sketches. Still, a hilarious sketch..."I guess White People + [Word] = Unemployment. Guess thats why my daddys out of work".
North Korean Missle Test: This was actually really funny. I just hope they dont recur this character.
Dinner Table: This felt like a real sketch. I liked the amount of one-offs in this episode...it wasnt a bunch of celebrity impressions and TV parodies (not that those arent funny, but we DO need a break every one in a while). Anyway this was, once again, funny, because it's true, and stories ARE told like that a lot.
Magazine Cover: This SUCKED. It was really bad. They need to STOP these...why are they being recurred?! These are even worse then the celebrity director sketches.
Flavor of Love Parody: This was WAY too short for being so hyped up. Nevertheless, it was very sick, but still very funny. Crista's Buckwild was great, even if the other impressions werent that great. The VH1 thing was funny...but still, it was short. Then again I took a pee break in the beginning of it because I had already seen it on Clip of the Week but...yeah.

Overall: Though a few flaws, this episode was pretty good. Not as good as 1207, but I still liked this episode a lot. It was a one-off filled episode, which hasn't happened since late last season. Like I said, the order of sketches was weird, but I still laughed a LOT. My expectations going into this episode were pretty low but I wound up being impressed.

Next week looks really funny, I'm pumped.

7.5/10

Last edited by Rurry; 02/05/2007 at 4:27 PM.
Old 12/10/2006, 1:18 PM
Fresh Meat

Actually, I thought that was Snoop Dogg that was in the opening with Snoop?

By the by, I was cracking up at the beginning of the nuclear technician sketch with Bobby.
Old 12/10/2006, 1:33 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiRMD1 View Post
Actually, I thought that was Snoop Dogg that was in the opening with Snoop?

By the by, I was cracking up at the beginning of the nuclear technician sketch with Bobby.
Yeah, you're right. I wrote that review at 12:30 am though, and my mind wasnt all there.

Old 12/10/2006, 2:41 PM
Relative Unknown

I've been updating the WHO/WHAT guide, and here's everything I have so far.

Quote:
  • Open: Snoop Dogg Directs MADtv #1 (Keegan- Snoop Dogg, Jordan- Himself)
  • Iraqi Protesters (Frank- Omar, Ike- Youssef, Keegan, Bobby)
  • Mechanical Hands (Michael- Teddy, Nicole P- Sharon, Crista- Courtney, Ike, Keegan, Jordan)
  • Music Video: "Bring It Back!" (Frank- Sylvester Stallone, Jordan- Mr. T)
  • Snoop Dogg Directs MADtv #2 (Keegan- Snoop Dogg)
  • Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaughn's Dog, Lenny *claymation*
  • Apocalypto Press Junket (Michael- Mel Gibson, Keegan- Raoul Trujillo: Zero Wolf, Jordan, Frank, Nicole RJ)
  • Commercial: Donimo's Pizza and Brownies (Ike, Crista)
  • North Korean Nuclear Test Footage (Bobby- Kim Jong Il / Cho)
  • Red Carpet: 2006 Billboard Music Awards (Arden- Herself, Crista- Herself, 36 Mafia, Boyz II Men, Dave Navarro, Ron Livingston, Rosemary DeWitt, Flavor Flav, Howie Mandel, Criss Angel, Denise Richards, Katharine McPhee)
  • Weekly Kids News with Toby: "WORD!" [animation]
  • Snoop Dogg Directs MADtv #3 (Keegan- Snoop Dogg)
  • Adam Tells a Story (Michael- Adam, Nicole P- Jennifer, Ike, Arden, Frank, Crista)
  • Talking Magazine Cover: Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock
  • Flavor of Love (Jordan- Flavor Flav, Nicole RJ- New York, Crista- Buckwild)
  • Close: 2006 Billboard Music Awards (Crista- Herself)
I haven't seen "Apocalypto" yet, so I don't know the name of Jordan's character in the movie footage. Does anyone know?

Other uncertainties that I have with this episode:
1) Did any of the cast members provide voices for the claymation sketch? (I could have sworn that the female dog sounded like Arden.)
2) In the third Snoop Dogg segment, I think Crista was one of the dancers, but I'm having a difficult time verifying that because of the smoke. Does anyone else think the same thing?

Last edited by Hypn0; 12/10/2006 at 3:09 PM. Reason: A few tweaks here and there ...
Old 12/10/2006, 2:53 PM
zlolz

I'd say all of that looks about right...as for the Snoop Dog thing, i'd have to re-watch it and get a good look at it.

Im pretty sure Arden was the female dog BTW...cast members do voices a LOT in the Celebrity Pets sketches. Also, Crista did a voiceover for the Flavor of Love parody.

Last edited by Rurry; 12/10/2006 at 4:44 PM.
Old 12/10/2006, 6:00 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Open: Snoop Dog Gets Jordan Arrested: Keegan's Snoop impression is great. It's almost at the point where I really don't care how much I see it, just because I think it's a spot on impression. The "That's what Snoop said" line was nice.

Arab Protest: Trying to Get American Attention: Got funnier at the end, with Frank's character being so stupid. An overall good sketch.

Mechanical Hands: The fact that Michael was wearing latex gloves with silver wrist bands made it so stupid that I had to laugh. You could see some of the gags coming, but the highlight was the mayhem at the end.

Bringing Rocky Back: I'm surprised they pulled this off so nicely. I was expected a subpar Justin Timberlake impression, but Frank did a great job in this.

Snoop Dog Directs MADtv #1-2: I lied earlier. I don't like seeing Snoop.

Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaugn's Dog: So far I'm not really impressed by Celeb Pets. I still am amazed at what they do, because stop-motion animation is really hard to do.

Apocolypto Viewing: Nothing too special to me, but a decent sketch.

Domino's Brownies: One of my favorites sketches of the year, based on parody alone. I was impressed by this sketch, and one of my favorite times seeing Ike and Crista.

North Korean Missle Test***: I'm in the minority, in that I really didn't like this sketch. It was okay, but nothing special in my eyes.

Red Carpet Event: Billboard Awards: Much better than the Happy Feet premiere. I really enjoy seeing Arden on the Red Carpet, and Crista was the star of the sketch. The one thing I did notice is that she really doesn't interact with the celebrities. It's more just Arden staring at us, yelling things. Not that I'm complaining, it's funny either way.

Weekly News with Toby: Michael Richards: Another great WNwT. I'm glad they brought on this new writer/animator guy. He's great.

Dinner Table: What I liked most about this sketch is that it wasn't filmed on a stage, and that it was another "on location" kind of shoot. I couldn't really understand or hear what they were saying at all, but I thought that the visual execution was great.

Magazine Cover: Lame.

Flavor of Love Parody: Why are the parodies these days less than a minute long? We saw most of this sketch in the Clip of the Week, so there really wasn't much else added on.

Ending notes, I'd say Crista or Frank get the cast member of the week award. We could use some more Nicole RJ, too. And I saw a mindless bit of trivia in the Korean sketch.

**When Kim Jong Il was looking at the screen, there was a scene from Attitude and Feelings playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
2) In the third Snoop Dogg segment, I think Crista was one of the dancers, but I'm having a difficult time verifying that because of the smoke. Does anyone else think the same thing?
It's pretty smoky, and I couldn't get a good screen cap, but I would say that it wasn't Crista. The girl appears to be smaller and she's tanner.
Old 12/10/2006, 8:06 PM
Casual Fan

Open: Snoop Dog Gets Jordan Arrested:

Arab Protest: Trying to Get American Attention:

Mechanical Hands:

Bringing Rocky Back:

Snoop Dog Directs MADtv #1-2:

Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaugn's Dog:

Apocolypto Viewing:

Domino's Brownies:

North Korean Missle Test***:

Red Carpet Event: Billboard Awards:

Weekly News with Toby: Michael Richards:

Dinner Table:

Magazine Cover:

Flavor of Love Parody:
Old 12/10/2006, 8:10 PM
zlolz

^Wow, those are GREAT. Thanks.

Old 12/11/2006, 12:55 AM
Boo Radley

Open: Snoop Dog Gets Jordan Arrested: Snoop's fur coat looked like a leftover from that thing Alex Borstein wore as Bjork one time, performing for Bobby Brown (Aries Spears) and Whitney Houston (Debra Wilson). Bobby: "Look like Sonic the Hedgehog!" to Whitney: "get her baby - skin dat bitch"

Arab Protest: Trying to Get American Attention: Didn't think much of this. Ike does a really lousy Arab accent.

Mechanical Hands: Liked this. Especially his masturbation sequence, when he was trying to remove his wallet from his pants pocket.

Bringing Rocky Back: The real thing is enough of a parody on its own.

Snoop Dog Directs MADtv #1-2: Pretty predictable.

Celebrity Pets: Vince Vaugn's Dog: Damn, was that black chick fat. Bet there's no brown clay left, after her model was sculpted.

Apocolypto Viewing: Also, very predictable.

Domino's Brownies: They really nailed it with this one. I've always found that commercial to be creepy. The friggin' thing's covered with fur - who the hell wants to eat that? I mean a brownie, not what you're thinking...

Red Carpet Event: Billboard Awards: I like Arden, but don't beat these red carpet things to death. Man, Crista's got some thick thighs, and expanding hips. She better lay off the fuzzy brownies.

Weekly News with Toby: Michael Richards: Toby returns to form with this one. WOOORD!

North Korean Missle Test: What can I say? Bobby almost always makes me laugh, and this was no exception.

Dinner Table: Michael always plays freak-out characters well.

Magazine Cover: Enough already. These are garbage.

Flavor of Love Parody: Crista sh*t behind the couch. I knew it was her!

Overall: Up and down, and all around. Not a great episode, but not so bad, either. But I'll never eat brownies from Dominos.