Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1205?
Intervention: Bobby Lee 0 0%
Cartoon Network Rejects #1-2 0 0%
Not a Black Thing 2 22.22%
Nelly Furtado and Timberland 1 11.11%
Keegan & Bobby Video Piece 1 11.11%
Madonna's Adopted Baby #1-3 0 0%
The Tom LaPont Real E$tate Network 1 11.11%
Making of "Family Guy" with Seth MacFarlane 2 22.22%
Arnold Scwarzenegger Directs MADtv #1-3 0 0%
HNL with Eva Longoria 0 0%
LevitRol 1 11.11%
Commercial: Huh? 0 0%
No Faux Killa Performs "Survivah" 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/13/2006, 2:13 PM
His senses were dimmed

You gave good ratings for a lot of the sketches so it can't be all that bad can it?
I would hope that people are giving their opinions of the show sincerely. Most opinions here are different anyways so I don't think there are many blind followers of the show. I give a lot of praise because I still like where it is going and I really like the cast right now. My two least favourite cast members have been great so far this season so I see the show improving as it continues...

And Nemesis: I didn't know Dane Cook was so popular. That is kind of depressing.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards

Old 11/13/2006, 2:45 PM
Fresh Meat

Default I really am a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCagnazzo View Post
I, for one, love your razor-sharp opinions, BlueWolf. Beats the hell out of all the MySpace folk and their (mostly) poorly spelt jibberish if you ask me.
Thanks, xCagnazzo. I really do love the show, but I, for one, am not going to sit back and accept mediocrity from a show that has clearly achieved excellence in the past. Undeserved praise is not going to make things better. I'm not on their staff and I don't get paid to kiss the producers' ass. I'm a fan, and like any real fan, they have to maintain my loyaly with quality programming.

Now I am not so foolish to think they really care one bit about my personal opinion, but at least it's an honest opinion and if the messages I read on You Tube are any indication, I don't think I am alone in thinking there has been a sharp downward spiral in show quality over the last two years.

Maybe there's nothing they can do about it. Maybe Mad TV is tapped out. But if there is any way to get the show back on track, they need to do it and stop resting on their laurels. How many years has the Simpsons been on? 17, 18? It's still a damn funny show with some of the best writing on TV. That's what I want from Mad. Sustained excellence instead of formulas that aren't working and re-hashed bits from other shows (Enough with the talking picture shorts already-THEY AREN'T FUNNY!)

Now please excuse me while I brace myself for the brain police.
Old 11/13/2006, 2:58 PM
D2F

Oh will you please get off the cross already? How many threads is this retarded argument going to spill into? Go ahead and make your negative comments if you have them. You got one dissenter and all of the sudden you're "fighting the good fight" here on Planet MADtv. Move on.

On a side note, I defy you to find one modestly popular clip on Youtube that doesn't have people saying negative things about it. Youtube is not a barometer of public opinion, its a place for angry 14 year olds to make anime music videos and complain about EVERYTHING.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 11/13/2006, 3:03 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post

On a side note, I defy you to find one modestly popular clip on Youtube that doesn't have people saying negative things about it. Youtube is not a barometer of public opinion, its a place for angry 14 year olds to make anime music videos and complain about EVERYTHING.
Yeah I don't even pay attention to YouTube comments anymore. And when I do look, I see 12 year olds complaining that MadTV made fun of their precious High School Musical.

And yeah...just end it, BlueWolf. People can be positive about MadTV if they like, as well as they can be negative. There's no Season 12 Lover vs. Season 12 Hater war on here.

Old 11/13/2006, 3:11 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Did you read my response to your post in last week's thread?
Well, I have to admit, I do look so forward to reading your critiques of my critiques (I feel so honored!), but to answer your question, no, I didn't read the response. I just generalized what I thought you would say. I found this most appropriate since you have been quoting things I didn't actually say and explaining to everyone what I am implying by my statements. Shoot! What the heck do we need me for? I should just let you write my posts for me!! Are you free next Monday?

PS. When you get minute, could you explain to me what founding fathers were implying when they wrote the constitution? All that nonsense about freedom, pursuit of happiness, and all men being created equal were obivously a smoke screen for something. And personnally, like Mad TV, I think it has gone downhill since the 19th ammendment.
Old 11/13/2006, 3:23 PM
Hardcore Fan

I think they were making fun of Artie's personal problem and used Bobby and the A&E show in which proir to the sketch I have never heard of and ran it to the ground like a sick puppy.
Old 11/13/2006, 3:28 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
I think they were making fun of Artie's personal problem and used Bobby and the A&E show in which proir to the sketch I have never heard of and ran it to the ground like a sick puppy.
Nah, I don't think so. They're not THAT cruel, LOL. Besides, they wouldn't make fun of something that happened 10 years ago.

Old 11/13/2006, 3:40 PM
D2F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
ran it to the ground like a sick puppy.
Worst. Analogy. Ever.

And no, Cartman, it was nothing about Artie. Nobody except for a couple of people on these forums even remember that Artie Lange was on MADtv. Believe it or not, Artie was not the only person in the history of the world, or even in the history of comedy to have a drug problem.

I'm pretty sure its more likely that it was a parody of a popular current TV show than a dig at a cast member from 11 years ago.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 11/13/2006, 4:06 PM
Relative Unknown

Perhaps a trivial bit of information, but ...

For those who don't pay much attention to the end credits, the "Asians Can Do Anything" sketch was written by Keegan and Bobby. So, depending on your opinion of it, you know who to credit (or blame).
Old 11/13/2006, 5:11 PM
Fresh Meat

anyone have or know where a video clip of ' Asians Can Do Anything '? I love that skit.
Old 11/13/2006, 5:19 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
Perhaps a trivial bit of information, but ...

For those who don't pay much attention to the end credits, the "Asians Can Do Anything" sketch was written by Keegan and Bobby. So, depending on your opinion of it, you know who to credit (or blame).
Yes. I. Do. It's pretty obvious which parts Keegan wrote and which ones Bobby wrote if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itaime ni View Post
anyone have or know where a video clip of ' Asians Can Do Anything '? I love that skit.
NO BLOODY REQUESTS. Just check YouTube like everyone else does.

Old 11/13/2006, 5:30 PM
Fresh Meat

been check youtube, but it's not there
Old 11/13/2006, 6:07 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCagnazzo View Post
NO BLOODY REQUESTS. Just check YouTube like everyone else does.
Don't be rude.

Quote:
been check youtube, but it's not there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0M13hG66IE

Nicole Randall Johnson is so awful in that "sketch". Yikes.

Old 11/13/2006, 6:30 PM
Bender: still great

Heheh...sorry.

Old 11/13/2006, 6:47 PM
Fresh Meat

rock on
Old 11/13/2006, 8:04 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Worst. Analogy. Ever.

And no, Cartman, it was nothing about Artie. Nobody except for a couple of people on these forums even remember that Artie Lange was on MADtv. Believe it or not, Artie was not the only person in the history of the world, or even in the history of comedy to have a drug problem.

I'm pretty sure its more likely that it was a parody of a popular current TV show than a dig at a cast member from 11 years ago.

I knew that years ago Thanks to John Belushi.

I'm sorry if some people thought that I went over my Analogy of the skit but that's what I thought when I first saw it.

Last edited by cartman2002; 11/14/2006 at 3:23 PM.
Old 11/13/2006, 10:14 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Oh will you please get off the cross already?
What a nice analogy! I'll get down now, but are you sure you're done with the spear? I don't want to spoil your fun.

Quote:
How many threads is this retarded argument going to spill into?
I give up? How many?

Quote:
Go ahead and make your negative comments if you have them.
Thanks for the permission. Now if I can just get a quorum.

Quote:
You got one dissenter and all of the sudden you're "fighting the good fight" here on Planet MADtv. Move on.
A dissenter? I thought it was a retarded argument and now it's a policy that requires some form of dissension? I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was oppressing anyone. Don't worry, though, from now on it's the "bad fight" for me.

Quote:
On a side note, I defy you ...
You defy me??? Stop the retarded arguing!

Quote:
...to find one modestly popular clip on Youtube that doesn't have people saying negative things about it.
You're right, of course. There is absolutely no difference between a few people saying negative things and a lot of people saying negative things.

Quote:
Youtube is not a barometer of public opinion, its a place for angry 14 year olds to make anime music videos and complain about EVERYTHING.
Unlike Planet Mad TV, where the erudite come to prolong retarded arguments, complain about other people's posts, and post mature things like "Gay Man Wins Internet fight." Point taken.

OK. I'm back to suffering in silence if only you will let me and I apologize for taking this so seriously. I promise to adopt your light hearted demeanor ... as soon as I can get down off this dad-gummed cross!! Anybody have a ladder??
Old 11/13/2006, 10:21 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
People can be positive about MadTV if they like, as well as they can be negative. There's no Season 12 Lover vs. Season 12 Hater war on here.
Did I make comments about other people's reviews or just write my own review for which I was criticized? If I criticized someone else's review of the show, good or bad, than I sincerely apologize, but I would appreciate it if you would show me where I did this. What I remember happening is that some people took offense at my negative review, got a little riled up about it, said some things, and I responded. I guess things look different from up here on the cross.
Old 11/13/2006, 11:44 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
What a nice analogy! I'll get down now, but are you sure you're done with the spear? I don't want to spoil your fun.
Quote:
... as soon as I can get down off this dad-gummed cross!! Anybody have a ladder??
Quote:
I guess things look different from up here on the cross.
Yah, I think we got it...

Anyway, this thread is for discussion about episode #1205, just thinking maybe you could move this debate to the 'Catty Arguments' section.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 11/13/2006, 11:52 PM
D2F

Bluewolf, what we are all saying is that one person picked at you for a review you gave and you (as well as madfan, who is equally to blame) managed to stretch that little disagreement into an argument spanning several days and several threads. You are pretty new here and it seems like you have spent most of your 29 posts arguing with people and being unwilling to let bygones be bygones.

Being criticized for a review couldn't have honestly hurt you so badly that you felt that your only option was to raise a stink about it for so long. I would recommend that you change the topic and/or drop all of this before one of the admins sees how out of control this has gotten.