Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1204?
Show Open: Back on Track 1 6.25%
Project Runway #1-3 6 37.50%
Terrorist Darbie 0 0%
Inside Looking Back 2 12.50%
First Light Yoga 0 0%
Sesame Street: Internet Pedophile #1-2 4 25.00%
John Kerry Apologises #1-3 0 0%
Eugene Struthers goes to a Ho Nuba Lebol with Nelly Furtado 0 0%
Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox 0 0%
Condi Comes to Harlem 0 0%
Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/04/2006, 11:01 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it too. Maybe it's the last one. A lot of times MadTV does that...they'll stop a sketch for a while and then do one last one like, a season after the previous one aired. IE: The Dot skit from last year.
Or Rusty at the Oscars in 917.

Old 11/04/2006, 11:39 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I actually liked this episode for the most part.
I was surprised to see the ILO sketch, and Sesame Street.
I'm not in a "review" mood right now, so stay tuned.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 11/04/2006, 11:44 PM
zlolz

So, here's my first review ever! Well actually, I reviewed a Season 11 repeat once.

Some of the order might be off.

Ratings are out of 5 stars.

Opening: I thought this was funny. Very very random, but funny. It was nice to see the whole cast together and I thought overall it was a decent sketch.
Project Runway #1: Weakest of the 3 Project Runway sketches, but still very funny. Nicole P's character was great. "Once a leoporcan in Ireland told me to travel to the end of the rainbow...turns out the rainbow ended at his balls." LOL. Crista was also great in these.
Barbie War Doll...or whatever (Claymation): I didn't get this. Was it supposed to be parodying Barbie dolls or what? Odd and unfunny.
Project Runway #2: GREAT. Jordan's character (you can tell ive never watched Project Runway...) was hilarious and Michael's character, while predictable, gave me a few laughs.
Inside Looking Out: Inside Looking Back: Funny! I personally like the ILO skits. It was good that the jokes were consistent with the previous ILO sketches too. Althought in the middle it got a little slow, the ending was hilarious. "I thought it was pronounced Nig---,", "No, it's Niger". LMAO.
Bobby Lee's Yoga Video: This was better then I expected it to be. At least it wasnt just another sketch revolving around how hilarious it is to see Bobby Lee shirtless or Asian stereotypes. The dog was cute too
Project Runway #3: Funniest of ALL the Project Runway sketches. Frank and Crista were brilliant in this one. Absolutley hilarious.
Sesame Street: Myplace Molester: I saw this skit before it aired thanks to the YouTube link posted above. It was ok, but Bird Flu will always be #1. I found this to be a funny skit overall though...and its about time MadTV did something to make fun of MySpace. It's also good there were a lot of "real people" in this sketch, and not just Keegan, Bobby, and Krista.
Weekly News With Toby: Michael J. Fox (Animation): I liked this one a lot. It gave me quite a few laughs, especially the Bill O'Reliy stuff. Good sketch, im liking the Toby sketches.
John Kerry's Stand-Up Comedy #1: Ehh...Michael does a good John Kerry but this sketch was so short its pretty hard to judge it. It was kind of funny, I guess.
John Kerry's Stand-Up Comedy #2: Big improvement on the 1st one. This one was funny.
Condi Goes to Harlem: I expected this to be a bit funnier, but it was overall good and NRJ does a good Condi. I have a feeling this is going to be a recurring impression.
Performance: Fluffy Jump Spoon: Really odd, but really funny. I laughed at this, and out of the 4 fake performances we've had this season, i'd rank this 2nd.
HNL: Nelly Furtado: This was just alright...I dont like HNL, they're not that funny, but it was sort of funny when they were singing the Man Eater song.
John Kerry Stand-Up Comedy #3: Ehh...none of these 3 were anything to write home about. This one was funny-ish but not that good.
Closing: Sesame Street: Myplace Molester Bloopers: This was funny, imagine what it woulda been like if MadTV was live and that happened...LOL. I liked how everyone started cracking up but tried to go on anyway.

Overall, this was a good episode. The high point for me were the Project Runway sketches and the low point was the Barbie crap (or whatever the heck that was). The Sesame Street, Inside Looking Out, and Weekly News With Toby stuff was good and everything else decent or average. 4 stars.

Final Rating: 8/10

Last edited by Rurry; 02/05/2007 at 4:30 PM.
Old 11/05/2006, 1:17 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

the project runway parody was AWESOME.

mad props to Crista for that impression... sooooo funny!!! lol

oh and the whole "can you do it a little more gayer?" LMAO.

DEAD ON parody!!

the rest of the ep was good too

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 11/05/2006, 2:34 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Performance: The...Something Feathers (forgot the name)
Fluffy Jump Spoon

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 11/05/2006, 8:36 AM
Totally F****able

I enjoyed this episode even though I missed the last 15 minutes of it, and its the first ep I've seen since like February.

Old 11/05/2006, 9:30 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitaPockets View Post
Fluffy Jump Spoon
Thanks
Old 11/05/2006, 12:32 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

While I appreciate all the sketches that MAD is producing, in hopes of making more laughs in shorter bits, I think they're pushing quantity over quality. The memorable moments are forgotten, along with the not-so-memorable ones.

Opening: Nice to see the whole cast together, but it was a weird little opener. The pandamoniuem was the best part.

Project Runway #1-#3: While I was dissapointed to see Crista as Heidi, and I kind of held a grudge for a while, she did a good job. All the contestant characters were hilarious, and Jordan's was definetley the funniest. The end was lame, and it kind of came abruptly, but it was a great parody.

Barbie: Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Inside Looking Out: Inside Looking Back: I liked it, in that it wasn't the normal ISO, but that they switched it up a bit. One of the best sketches of the night for me.

Bobby Lee's Yoga Video: Bobby Lee physical humor does not appeal to me.

Sesame Street: Myplace Molester: It was way funnier when I watched it on the show. After YouTubing it, I thought it was lame, but it ended up being much funnier the second time around.

Weekly News With Toby: Michael J. Fox (Animation): Funniest Weekly News yet! If all Weekly News segments were like this one, I would be happy. One of the hilights of the episode.

John Kerry's Stand-Up Comedy #1-#3: Maybe funny the first time, but not so much the second or third times.

Condi Goes to Harlem: Nicole RJ did a great Condi. I liked the sketch, but there weren't really any stand out moments. I was more glad they didn't go Dolemite with it, and have it last way too long.

Performance: Fluffy Jump Spoon: I was expecting more, so I was kind of let down. Not as funny as I imagined, but the premise has potential. Their blogs are hilarious, so if they get who ever writes those to get these characters off in a situation, they could be great.

HNL: Nelly Furtado: I don't like the HNL, but it wasn't horrible.

Closing: Sesame Street: Myplace Molester Bloopers: YES! I would gladly take bloopers over any bland extra bits of sketches (Super Sweet 30). I'm a sucker for bloopers.

Quality over quantity, MAD. We know you can pump out good long sketches with crappy ones around it. We also know you can pump out bad 30 second sketches and put them around 60 second mediocre ones. Just saying. Real fans can never be pleased with what they love.

Not sure how I rank this episode against the others, but I don't think it's the worst of the season.
Old 11/05/2006, 1:02 PM
Hardcore Fan

Sadly, I missed most of the episode except for the Fluffy Jump Spoon musical number due to a power outage in the city.
Old 11/05/2006, 1:04 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
Sadly, I missed most of the episode except for the Fluffy Jump Spoon musical number due to a power outage in the city.
That stinks. I'm sure skits will start popping up on YouTube soon, though...the Sesame Street one is already there. I also fully expect the Project Runway parody to be there within the next 24 hours.
Old 11/05/2006, 1:45 PM
Relative Unknown

(Show Open: Back on Track) I liked this. It’s always great whenever the entire cast gets together for a single sketch because they gel together so well. I lost it when Jordan pulled out a gun. I also laughed when Crista unleashed yet another F-bomb. Did anyone notice Frank swaying to the music at the beginning? It sucks that the camera didn’t focus on him more often. He deserved some lines here. (4/5)

(Project Runway) These segments were the funniest of the night! Jordan and Nicole P’s characters were absolute riots!!! Bobby was also very good here. I particularly enjoyed Crista’s Heidi Klum impression (with that cute German accent and those sexy poses). And from what I can gather, Michael’s Tim Gunn wasn’t too shabby. And last, but not least, Arden and Frank were great as the judges. If I had to nitpick, the time warnings and the “Something is not sitting right” lines were overused. Even so, those faults were infinitely outnumbered by the designer interviews, the final clothing … everything! (5/5)

(Animation: Terrorist Darbie) While I admire MADtv’s efforts to resurrect animation and claymation, the S12 bits (including this one) have been devoid of the “soul” that made past attempts very funny. (1/5)

(Inside Looking Back) I’ve always been a sucker for Inside Looking Out. The chemistry between Jordan and Nicole P has always been unbelievable. This sketch was no exception to that rule. In fact, I think this is the best ILO sketch in recent memory. The flashback scene was spectacular, and the jokes about Detroit and Niger had me rolling on the floor. (5/5)

(First Light Yoga) I expected this to suck hard, but it didn’t. There was still some overdone stuff (like when Bobby was digging through his own briefs). Other than that, I liked this sketch, especially those moments with Ike’s dog. (3/5)

(Sesame Street: MyPlace) Bert’s line about his fraternity (“I Felt-a Thigh”) was the best bit of this sketch. And I’m always amazed at how the writers succeed in adapting Sesame Street’s original songs for their parodies. Furthermore, I can never get enough of Crista and Bobby as the kids. (4.5/5)

(John Kerry Stand-Up) I didn’t even like Part 1, yet things got stupider with each successive segment (1/5)

(HNL: Nelly Furtado) Whoops, I guess I set lofty expectations for this sketch because I found the “Gridiron Gang” version (from #1201) amazing. Hence, I felt a little disappointment with this one. Nevertheless, I laughed at the beginning, when Eugene was sneaking up on Nelly, and at the end, when they were singing together. I felt that the middle dragged, unfortunately. (3.5/5)

(Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox) For some reason, I wasn’t feeling this one as much as the other three. Not enough swearing, perhaps? It still had its moments, though. (3/5)

(Condi Comes to Harlem) NRJ’s impression was very good, and she gets bonus points for emphasizing the teeth. Frank was also great as the villain. Still, the sketch, as a whole, didn’t do that much for me. (3.5/5)

(Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon) All right! I expected this to be very funny, and it didn’t disappoint. I also liked it when Jordan interviewed the band towards the end. Hopefully, this isn't the last we see of them. After all, they went through the trouble of setting up a MySpace page. (4.5/5)

Overall: I thought this episode was very good. Sure, the Darbie and John Kerry bits were awful, but none of them lasted too long. The Project Runway, ILO, Sesame Street, and Fluffy Jump Spoon sketches made my night. Furthermore, Frank got a good amount of screen time this week (even if nothing has been in a leading role yet). ~TJ~, you may rejoice.

From the commercial for Ep. 1205, the only bit I recognized was the long-awaited “Family Guy” parody. It looks very promising, especially with Crista/Meg jumping through a window and bleeding heavily.
Old 11/05/2006, 1:48 PM
Fresh Meat

Really funny episode! ILO was hilarious! Jordan stuck out in that along with Project Runway.

Definitely agree with Nick on Weekly News with Toby standing out. I would put this one higher up than even the Mel Gibson one. I love these! I found the Mel Gibson episode on youtube, but where do I find more of the Weekly News bits?

JJ
Old 11/05/2006, 2:31 PM
zlolz

I wish ILO and Project Runway would be posted on YouTube...I really wanna see those again.
Old 11/05/2006, 5:04 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Opening: I loved everything about this one. I missed the old days when the whole cast would come out on stage together. Makes them fell more connected. But, yeah, this one was good.

Project Runway 1-3: I don't watch this show, so I guess the parody was kinda lost on me, but I guess it was okay.

Terrorist Darbie: I thought this one was a little too short, but I'm just glad to see stop-motion back (BTW, it's stop-motion, not claymation).

Inside Looking Out: Inside Looking Back: I really enjoyed this one. It was also nice to see a little bit of continuity there (in the first sketch, they said they met at a roller rink). It also seems Dontel is getting a little annoyed by Pat-Beth's remarks now, so I'd like to see where this one goes.

Bobby Lee's Yoga Video: At first, I thought this was just gonna be another lame excuse to show Bobby naked, but it turned out all right.

Sesame Street: Myplace Molester: Loved it! Probably my favorite sketch of the night. It did seem a little dated for some reason, but it was still great.

Weekly News With Toby: Michael J. Fox (Animation): These are going great. Nice to see MADtv adding some politics in a little bit about the whole stem-cell research thing.

John Kerry's Stand-Up Comedy #1-3: Meh, the first one I liked, the second one was okay, the third was a bit overkill, but at least John Kerry got killed in it.

Condi Goes to Harlem: That was weird. That is all.

HNL: Nelly Furtado: It was kinda meh up until he recorded them singing together.

Performance: Fluffy Jump Spoon: I still think they should make these fake performances more few-and-far between, but this one was kinda cute. I liked how the message was supposed to be about Japan's poor working conditions and "Chocolate sticks are yum-yum!"

Final Thoughts: REALLY enjoyed this episode. MADtv has been really improving this season. I'm not gonna make any assumptions yet because,as I've said, there's still more than enough time to screw things up, but if it stays like this, this could be the best season since Season 5.

Old 11/05/2006, 6:31 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

MADtv Aid - Kinda odd. Kinda amusing at the end tho.

Project Runway: #1-3 - I am so glad they finally did a PR sketch. Something about the Heidi impression was off though. I'm not sure what. Bobby and Jordan's contestants were good, but Nicole could've been better. Maybe if they played real contestants it woulda worked? Michael's Tim Gunn was atrocious, perposterous and other large gay words Tim likes to use. I mean, they could've done so much with him and taken the sketch to a whole 'nother level. Frank as Michial Korrs was really accurate. But seriously, am I the only one that thinks they could of done 100x better? 'Heidi" did not "auf" anyone and 'Tim' didn't even once say "Make it work!" C'mon people, you should be ashamed for saying it was dead on!

Commercial: Darbie - This "commercial" went by so fast I couldn't even tell you what I thought about it - I have no idea what happened.

Inside Looking Out: Negrospective - I was surprised to see a new ILO. I noticed Dontell isn't as deaf to Pat-Beth's ignorant comments as he was in past sketches, which I liked because frankly, who is that dumb? The flashback/song was good, but the arguement about how to pronounce 'Jackson' and 'Niger' was the best.

First Light Yoga- This sketch was pretty lame until Bobby went in the water to get the frisbee, and was repremanded by lifeguard Keegan for being out too far. That whole part made me giggle, and I'm not sure why.

Sesame Street: Internet Predators - MAD is really on the ball with current events now, because I had just seen that "To Catch a Predator" Dateline special. I like that. Obviously I thought Bobby's kid being naieve above the pickup lines was really funny. I thought the song was funny too, and It's too bad they couldn't use the actual Sesame Street song "These are the people in your neighborhood."

Weekly News With Toby: MS Research - I liked this one, but the Mel Gibson one is still the best. I did like the drawings of stem cell research. Heheh. Fetus.

John Kerry Stand-up: #1-3 - Again, I like how current this was. I actually thought they could have just aired sketch #2. # 1 and 2 were lame and uneeded. Whatevs.

HNL: Nelly Furtado - This was an ok sketch. I especially liked the beginning, were Eugene sneeks up on Nelly 'Fritatta', and when he sings "Man Eater" with her. Woah Nelly.

Condi Goes to Harlem - Woah. NRG does a great Condi Rice! The sketch itself wasn't that funny, except the grape-flavored soda jokes. If theres one thing I love, it's jokes containing racial stereotypes.... and thats my truth.

Fluffy Jump Spoon performs - OMG! I have these gals on myspace! I love the over excited phrases asians that aren't well versed in english use. "Super Happy Fun Ramen!!!!" But yah, I liked when they explaining the song meaning about the working conditions coalminers and choco sticks. One thing was creepy tho, they were supposed to be cute, giggly schoolgirls... but Arden (or was it Crista? I can never tell) just did this loud, horrid demonic voice. WTF?

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Last edited by PitaPockets; 11/05/2006 at 6:38 PM. Reason: SpEeLiNg MeStaKeS
Old 11/05/2006, 6:44 PM
Relative Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitaPockets View Post
One thing was creepy tho, they were supposed to be cute, giggly schoolgirls... but Arden (or was it Crista? I can never tell) just did this loud, horrid demonic voice. WTF?
I think that was Arden (the one in green), right?
Old 11/05/2006, 6:50 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
I think that was Arden (the one in green), right?
Yah. Es muy creepy!

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 11/05/2006, 7:27 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

If anyone taped this episode or has a really good memory I would greatly appreciate a little help with the who/what. My vcr decided to crap out so I didn't get to see it, SADLY.
Old 11/05/2006, 7:54 PM
Relative Unknown

For elscorcho:

Show Open: Back on Track (Ike, Frank, Crista, Nicole RJ, Keegan, Bobby, Michael, Arden, Nicole P, Jordan)

Project Runway #1 (Crista – Heidi Klum, Michael – Tim Gunn, Nicole P – Laila Moonsomny, Bobby – Hong Patwell, Jordan – Fausto Bonadventure)

Stop-Motion: Terrorist Darbie

Project Runway #2 (Crista – Heidi Klum, Michael – Tim Gunn, Nicole P – Laila Moonsomny, Bobby – Hong Patwell, Jordan – Fausto Bonadventure)

Inside Looking Out: Inside Looking Back (Jordan – Dantel LaMontrose, Nicole P - Pat Beth LaMontrose, Keegan – LaDamian)

First Light Yoga (Bobby – Dick Yee, Ike, Keegan)

Project Runway #3 (Crista – Heidi Klum, Michael – Tim Gunn, Frank – Michael Kors, Arden – Nina Garcia, Nicole P – Laila Moonsomny, Bobby – Hong Patwell, Jordan – Fausto Bonadventure)

Sesame Street: MyPlace (Jordan – Big Bird, Keegan – Gordon, Michael – Chris Hanson, Bobby – Billy, Crista, Frank, Arden, Ike)

John Kerry Stand-Up #1 (Michael – John Kerry)

HNL: Nelly Furtado (Keegan – Eugene Struthers, Nelly Furtado – Herself)

Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox

Condi Comes to Harlem (Nicole RJ - Condoleezza Rice, Keegan – Knee High, Jordan – Duke, Frank, Arden)

John Kerry Stand-Up #2 (Michael – John Kerry)

Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon (Bobby – Miko, Arden – Naoko, Crista – Etsuko, Jordan – Himself)

John Kerry Stand-Up #3 (Michael – John Kerry)

Sesame Street: MyPlace Outtakes (Jordan – Big Bird, Keegan – Gordon, Bobby – Billy, Crista)

Several Notes:
1.) "Show Open: Back on Track" and "Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon" were the titles listed in the end credits. Michael's John Kerry sketches were labeled as "John Kerry Apologies," but I think "Stand-Up" is a more fitting term.
2.) I'm not 100% sure about Bobby's name in "First Light Yoga" and Keegan's characters in the ILB and Condi sketches. Still, what I've just typed is how they all sounded to me.
3.) Can anyone confirm if that was really "Mini Me" in Project Runway #3?

Last edited by Hypn0; 11/05/2006 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Added notes; fixed several errors
Old 11/05/2006, 8:16 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
3.) Can anyone confirm if that was really "Mini Me" in Project Runway #3?
ROFL. Far from it

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.