Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1203?
Open: Bobby & John Cena 0 0%
"The Marine" Deleted Scenes #1-2 0 0%
Dane Cook Stand-Up #1-4 1 6.67%
Regional Champs: Dealz 1 6.67%
Music Video: The Dixie Chicks "I Will Never Apologise" 3 20.00%
Madea's Ladies Night 0 0%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive 0 0%
Restaurant Scene 3 20.00%
Weekly News with Toby: Joseph "Pope Benedict XVI" Ratzinger [Animation] 0 0%
Hooters 1 6.67%
"Fame Becomes Me" with Martin Short 1 6.67%
Calgona Performs 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/25/2006, 4:05 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S12E03 (Aired 2006-09-30)

"The Marine" Deleted Scenes #1
John Cena comes to the MADtv stage to tell Bobby Lee that his part in his new movie The Marine had been cut, but he has brought Bobby's scenes with him to show to the audience. The scene is set in a bar with John Triton (John Cena) picking up a prostitute named Ponopo (Bobby Lee). He is about to have sex with her when the commander (Keegan-Michael Key) comes in and tells the group that they are shipping out, leaving John with only enough time to have a quickie with Ponopo.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself/Ponopo/Pound Cake), John Cena (Himself/John Triton), Jordan Peele (Taker), Frank Caeti (Brian), Keegan-Michael Key (Commander), Eddy Brady (Drunk Man)

Dane Cook Stand-Up #1
A preview for Dane Cook's (Ike Barinholtz) stand up show after MADtv, in which he tells some of his "hilarious" jokes like why aren't banana's called funnanas, and why he carries a ladder around with him.

Credits: Ike Barinholtz (Dane Cook)

Regional Champs: Dealz
Ty (Jordan Peele) and Carl (Keegan-Michael Key) are playing Deal or no Deal. They are trying to go for the million, but unfortunately they are being battered by bad luck like a model dropping one of the cases, one model having unlucky witch like red hair, and one of the few remaining cases being 13. For this they do a variety of jinx breaking moves such as the "The Carl Case 22 Belly Rub", "Switch the Witch Dance", and the "Million Dollar Man Up" for the final million. Unfortunately, Ty and Carl's case only contains $400.00 dollars, but Ty and Carl are ecstatic anyway as they can use that money to pay their rent.

Credits: Jordan Peele (Ty Gray), Keegan-Michael Key (Carl Hall), Michael McDonald (Howie Mandel), Crista Flanagan (Case 10 Model)

The Dixie Chicks "I Will Never Apologize"
the Dixie Chicks Emily Robinson (Nicole Parker), and Martie Maguire (Arden Myrin) want to start playing songs in the southern United States again, but can't because there lead member Natalie Maines (Crista Flanagan) doesn't want to apologize about what she said about president George Bush. In the song they sing, Emily and Martie talk about how they will apologize, how they don't even like Natalie, and how everything will be much better when she is lobotomized. This is all done to the music and video of the Dixie Chicks "I will Never Fake Nice".

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Natalie Maines), Arden Myrin (Martie Maguire), Nicole Parker (Emily Robinson), Frank Caeti (Southern Police Officer)

Madea's Ladies Night
The combining of one of the worst movie genres in history takes place with Madea's Ladies Night, which combines the fat black women played by male roles like Tyler Perry as Madea Simmons (Keegan-Michael Key), Martin Lawrence as Big Momma (Jordan Peele), and Eddie Murphy as Anna Pearl "Mama" Jensen Klump (Nicole Randall Johnson), with the black men playing white women roles like Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans White Chicks. Madea's Ladies Night, tuck it between your legs and join the party.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Tyler Perry: Madea Simmons), Jordan Peele (Martin Lawrence: Big Momma), Nicole Randall Johnson (Eddie Murphy: Anna Pearl "Mama" Jensen Klump), Chris Mykel (Shawn Wayans: Kevin Copeland/Brittany Wilson), Travis Winfrey (Marlon Wayans: Marcus Anthony Copeland II/Tiffany Wilson)

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive
Bobby Lee tells Nicole Parker about his lead role in a soap opera he did in Korea under the name Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive. In the soap opera Bobby played Dr. Poon Ji-Sum, Who visits his girlfriend Ms. Long Bong (Cathy Shim) loses her, as when he kissed her, she died mysteriously. While morning at her grave stone, the President Gin Kew Yun Chun Yew Nee (Sung Kang) appears before him, saying that Long Bong was his girlfriend, and that Poon must be the man he has to fight in order to claim his right to her. They grasp each others hands in the hopes to break the others hand when they see Long Bong standing in the distance. A sign then comes up telling everyone to see what happens next tomorrow.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself/Himself: Dr. Poon Ji-Sum), Nicole Parker (Herself), Cathy Shim (Herself: Ms. Long Bong), Sung Kang (Himself: Gin Kew Yun Chun Yew Nee)

Restaurant Scene
A couple are eating at a high ranking established restaurant when they see a busboy Keiko (Michael McDonald) coughing on the silverware. The hostess (Arden Myrin) tells them that Keiko is from a remote island, and is of such pure genetic stock that his mouth is completely antiseptic, so antiseptic that he is the reason why the restaurant has the best record for cleanliness in the city. Everybody in the restaurant seems to be okay around Keiko, allowing him to do things like cough on their silverware, and put meals into to go boxes from his mouth except for the woman (Nicole Parker). When Keiko licks her boyfriend(Keegan-Michael Key)s hands to clean them, she leaves him to eat at another table. When the Hostess notices that she is wearing open shoes, she demands that Keiko clean them. When Keiko comes out with a bucket, she thinks they are going to be cleaned by water. In truth though, what will be used is Keiko's throw up. She faints by the sight of it.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Celeste), Crista Flanagan (Old Woman), Arden Myrin (Hostess), Keegan-Michael Key (Man #1), Ike Barinholtz (Man #2), Michael McDonald (Keiko)

Weekly News with Toby: Joseph "Pope Benedict XVI" Ratzinger [Animation]
Toby learns about what Joseph "Pope Benedict XVI" Ratzinger said to the Muslems, and how the Muslems want the Pope to come over and apologies for what he said so they can kill him. Toby's father tells him that the reason why the Pope said this, was because he has blue balls.

Dane Cook Stand-Up #2
Another preview of Dane Cook's stand-up appearance which includes him saying how he is going to carry a chair everywhere from now on, and talking about a fun game people can do which involves going to a fast food place and asking for high end food that they don't serve.

"The Marine" Deleted Scenes #2
Ponopo is about to do a "ping pong show" when John walks in to reclaim her. Ponopo says that he is 3 years too late, and that she already has a son with his friend Brian (Frank Caeti). John and Brian fight, but John knocks Ponopo out the window. The scene then goes back to the audience with Bobby saying that it's clear why he's not I the movie because he overshadows John in every scene. The midget who played his son in the movie then comes out and punches John in the balls. When Bobby laughs at him, John pushes him. Bobby then takes off his shirt to fight, but John forces him into submission with one slap to the chest.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Ponopo/Himself), John Cena (John Triton/Himself), Frank Caeti (Brian)

Hooters
4 stressed out company workers go to Hooters in Ohio to relax, only to find that the restaurant is filled with some of the ugliest Hooters waitresses in the United States of America. The group is filled with Lisa (Arden Myrin) the heffer, a butch woman who has the claim of biggest jug in the county for her right breast, Farrah (Crista Flanagan) who looks good except for her summer teeth, and her leaking breast, and Ms. Dell (Nicole Randall Johnson) who has to be the oldest Hooters waitress in the country. Seeing this the men realize that they have to get out fast, before they start the theme for the night, cowgirl line dancing. Unfortunately though, they are caught by the foursome, and shoved into their bosoms.

Credits: Frank Caeti (Man #1), Michael McDonald (Man #2), Bobby Lee (Man #3), Keegan-Michael Key (Man #4), Arden Myrin (Lisa), Nicole Parker (Hooters Waitress), Crista Flanagan (Farrah), Nicole Randall Johnson (Ms. Dell)

"Fame Becomes Me" with Martin Short
MADtv goes more remote than ever, going to the Jacobs Theatre with Nicole Parker, who is in Martin Short's new Broadway show Fame Becomes Me. She is going to Martin's dressing room to get some tips from him on how to do her own one woman show consisting of her impressions. When she goes back stage to see Martin, Martin is blanking on one part of what Nicole's show would be about, the impressions. Nicole then does some of her well known impressions like Ellen DeGeneres, and Rene Zellwegger, but as she does them Martin keeps doing things like putting his leg on her lap. He then attacks her, but falls asleep. Nicole leaves, confused, scared and frightened about what just happened.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Herself), Martin Short (Himself)

Dane Cook Stand-Up #3
Dane talks about how he wants to put gold stars on children’s faces, but then punch them, go the airport dressed as a terrorist just so he can flash the guards his visa when they stop him, and how when he meets his mother-in-law, he wants to break her face.

Calgona Performs
Calgona (Crista Flanagan) performs her song "Keep up with your Love", but it becomes clear that her real problem is keeping up with the song, as she gets more and more tired while singing due to the choreography of the dancing. She is eventually panting by the end of the song.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself) Crista Flanagan (Calgona)

Dane Cook Stand-Up #4
Dane talks about how much better Jaws would be if the sharks were replaced by puppies, and how France sucks because they don't have McDonalds.

---

Starring:
  • Ike Barinholtz (1A/4S/0W/0AF)
  • Frank Caeti (3A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Crista Flanagan (2A/3S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Randall Johnson (1A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (2A/3S/1W/0AF)
  • Bobby Lee (1A/7S/0W/0AF)
  • Michael McDonald (2A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Arden Myrin (1A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Parker (0A/4S/0W/0AF)
  • Jordan Peele (3A/1S/1W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring:
  • John Cena (0A/4S/0W/0AF)
  • Martin Short (0A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances:
  • Eddy Brady (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Chris Mykel (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Travis Winfrey (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Cathy Shim (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Sung Kang (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Transcripts:---

Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage Credit
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/20/2016 at 5:43 AM. Reason: Properly Formatted

Old 09/25/2006, 9:50 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I read somewhere that there's going to be a parody of The Dixie Chicks. Sounds good.

Old 09/25/2006, 10:37 PM
0ld sk00l

Yeah, it was in the previews last week. There were other weird looking stuff on the preview but I don't even remember.

My Fanfics
Old 09/26/2006, 7:32 AM
Relative Unknown

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure if the sketches previewed will actually be in #1203. I'm hoping they do, though.

As I previously stated, "The Hills" parody was featured one week before #1201, and that didn't show up until #1202. Even so, the final sketch was different from the sneak peek footage (which originally had Nicole P, Ike, and Crista together on a couch, along with Ike and Crista making out.) Furthermore, the preview for #1202 featured the Superstitious Knights on "Deal or No Deal," and that sketch ended up being a no-show.

But I digress. The previews I remember seeing this past week were:

-A black-and-white Korean martial arts flick. Bobby was getting his arm twisted. And he had a rather odd haircut. I'm 99% certain that it wasn't the Bae Sung hairstyle. (IT BETTER NOT BE!!!)
-Michael McDonald dressed up as Jesus Christ. He looked ready to do a rap since he was shown along with a DJ (played by Jordan)
-Ike as Dane Cook
-The (Dixie?) Chicks on Tour. Crista was the lead singer, and there was a lot of surreal imagery going on. Unfortunately, there were only a few words, so I couldn't tell which song they were lampooning. Still, considering how pissed off Crista looked, I'm thinking it will be "Not Ready to Make Nice."
Old 09/26/2006, 6:52 PM
Bender: still great

According to MADtv.com, it doesn't say that Efren Ramirez will guest star. Rather, this episode will feature John Cena () and Martin Short (YESSS!). The Dixie Chicks video being parodied IS infact "Not Ready to Make Nice", and also the Deal or No Deal parody (with Hall/Gray) will air. Again, this is all from the site.

Old 09/27/2006, 1:07 PM
Fresh Meat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNs6RSzHZI
Old 09/27/2006, 3:18 PM
Hardcore Fan

I hope the producers of MADtv haven't found out that a skit for this saturday is already on YouTube
Old 09/27/2006, 5:17 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Wow, this is the fourth sketch from season 12 leaked on to the internet. I'm always cautious if I want to view them or not. I don't think that it really takes away from much of the episode, seeing as we're getting atleast 10 sketches (even if they are cut into thirds) each week.

It's good in terms of a parody of the video, but it sucks when they can't sing the actual song with their own words. Sometimes changing when the vocals are changed, it works, and sometimes it doesn't. This one doesn't work so well for me.

Who's singing for Crista? I'm thinking it could be Nicole, but it could be some unknown. Arden and Nicole do a respectable job, standing in the background.
Old 09/28/2006, 2:58 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The preview video on MADtv.com has the John Cena vs. Bobby Lee show open, as well as a "Cowgirl Monday" Hooters sketch. Arden in a fat suit ... pretty hot.

This one seems to have something to do with John Cena's movie "The Marine."

Old 09/28/2006, 11:16 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

10PM: MAD TV
Efren Ramirez ("Napoleon Dynamite"), Tom Bergeron, Martin Short and the WWE's Jon Cena all guest-star on an all-new episode. (TV-14: D,L,S,V)

They're really going all out this week to keep people watching over the SNL premiere.

I think Tom Bergeron will be hosting the Lillian Verner Game Show.

EDIT: Also look for Sung Kang, who played Han in Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. I doubt he'll be credited as a guest star, but he's "known".

Last edited by Dartanian; 09/29/2006 at 5:47 PM.
Old 09/29/2006, 1:12 AM
26/07/16!!

Looks like a lot of sketches this week, makes for a pretty action packed episode by the looks of things.

Old 09/30/2006, 9:45 PM
Fresh Meat

Default East Coast?

Anyone watching on the east coast tonight? (9/30/06) Post some spoilers! I won't be able to see it tonight.
Old 09/30/2006, 9:48 PM
Fresh Meat

I know that weekly news with toby will be about the pope and muslims! I HATE HAVING TO WORK LATE NIGHTS!!! grrrrrrr the man!
Old 10/01/2006, 1:25 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Saw The Show

Watched the Show and found it to be an improvement over last week (it would be hard NOT to improve over last week), but sill not what I would consider a great show. There were some funny bits, however. Here are my comments, for what they're worth.

John Cena vs. Bobby Lee (2 segments): MadTV continues its infatuation with wrestlers. Poor Bobby gets smacked around again, which was about the only funny part of this for me.

Bobby Lee Cut Scenes From The Marine (2 segments): Bobby Le as a woman again. This didn't do a lot for me. I don't think I laughed once.

Dane Cook Runners (4 segments): I thought Ike did a pretty good job and the lines were funny. I have never been a big Ike fan overall, but here I am giving him kudos again. Perhaps they didn't need 4 runners for this bit, but I got a number of laughs out of it and Ike really did remind of Dane Cook right down to the mannerisms and delivery.

Superstitious Knights-Deal or No Deal: While I truly admire the skills of Jordan and Keegan-Michael in pulling off these bits, this one was the least funny of them so far for me.

Music Video-The Dixie Chicks-I Will Never Apologize: Funny! My personal favorite bit in the show. Definitely in the classic tradition of Mad TV.

Madea's Ladies Night: I'm guessing it sounded good on paper, but it couldn't get any lift to get off the ground. It was definitely missing something.

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable And Sometimes Secretive
Keiko: I thought this was pretty funny. The look and feel of it was great and it was fresh and creative. Another solid bit in the true tradition of Mad TV.

Weekly Kids News With Toby-Pope Versus Muslims: Better than last weeks episode and moderately funny.

Hooters: Again, for me, this was another one that just didn't get off the ground. There were very few funny moments. The Arden and Christa lovers will probably like it, but it didn't do a thing for me.

Nicole on Set of Fame Becomes Me: A nice little bit and good addition for rounding out the show. Martin and Nicole worked well together and it had some funny moments.

Music Video-Keep Up With Your Love: Another "what was that" bit for me. I recognize the skill it took to pull it off, but it wasn't funny. It just seemed to occupy space.

Overall I would give the show as opposed to last week's show to which I would only give . I still haven't seen any sketches so far that I would consider potential classics (5 's), but those don't come around all that often anyway. It did have a couple of 4 sketches in it, though and with a few tweaks it could have been a 4 episode overall.

Just my 2 cents. I wil be interested to hear what the rest of you think.

Note: My rating system is something like this
- Classic Mad TV!
- Very funny and well above average. Worthy of the traditions on Mad TV
- Funny moments and deserving of a place on the show, but nothing particularly special.
- Below average overall. Basically filler. In a good week we shouldn't see any of these
What the hell were they thinking? Where did it come from? Microsoft Visual Sketch? Ship it off to a lesser sketch comedy show ... PLEASE!
Old 10/01/2006, 1:56 PM
Hardcore Fan

If you're wondering the dance number at the end is somewhat a parody of very popular tune called "Everytime We Touch" by Casada.

Also, there won't be any new MADtv episodes until afte the baseball playoffs which is very sad since the Red Sox won't be in the postseason for the first time since 2002
Old 10/01/2006, 2:13 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Any idea when MAD is supposed to return?

Again, I was unable to catch this episode, because I fell asleep. The place I usually find it at is down, so hopefully I'll be able to review this episode later. It sounds like an okay episode.
Old 10/01/2006, 2:58 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I liked this week. I missed a few skits, but I think I saw enough to make a judgement:

John Cena vs. Bobby Lee: I liked this one. I don't know why, but I did.

Bobby Lee Cut Scenes From The Marine: Didn't really like this one, though.

Dane Cook Runners: I never really understood Dane Cook's comedy (and it's also ironic that he was hosting SNL this week), but I guess this one was okay.

Superstitious Knights-Deal or No Deal: I didn't like this one, for two main reasons: I REALLY don't understand Deal or No Deal, so the parody was kind of lost on me, and I don't understand why they put the Superstitious Knights in this sketch. Plus, the choreogrphy in this sketch was not nearly as good as past ones (I'm not including the bit at the end, since that was there for a reason).

Music Video-The Dixie Chicks-I Will Never Apologize: I missed a good portion of it, so I can't really judge.

Madea's Ladies Night: Meh, black dudes in drag IS a pretty recurring theme in movies, but I just didn't think it worked.

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable And Sometimes Secretive: I copied this from Blue Wolf's review, and I'm guessing this one was the Korean soap opera. Not that it matters--I missed it, anyway.

Keiko: This one was good. I can't really say much else about it.

Weekly Kids News With Toby-Pope Versus Muslims: God, I love these things. It's like Weekend Update--only it's about only one story and it's actually funny.

Hooters: I really liked this one. When Nicole RJ came out with the sagging breasts was the best part.

Nicole on Set of Fame Becomes Me: Best skit of the night. No question.

Music Video-Keep Up With Your Love: While I'm loving the fact that they haven't had any "real" musical guests yet, this one wasn't as good as the first two. First, I didn't really understand why they chose to "parody" the song they did ("Everytime We Touch" by Cascada), but it just didn't go anywhere. Yeah, she can't keep up with the dancing (or your love), so what?

Final thoughts: Much better than last week; second half was better than the first; if they're gonna do fake musical performances, do them fewer and farther between; 4/5.

Old 10/01/2006, 3:02 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

I really liked a lot of the sketches in this episode. I didn't see the ones with John Cena though. And the Dane Cook sketches weren't really THAT funny, but I thought Ike did a good job with the impression. Very accurate in my opinion. My favorites were the Hooters, "Hospital Lips", and "Keep Up With Your Love" sketches.

When I went to Hooters my friend asked the waitress if they hired fat, pale, old, and handicapped people. Twas funny. That Hooters sketch reminded me of my night at Hooters.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 10/01/2006, 7:26 PM
Relative Unknown

Does anyone here watch any Korean dramas? Awhile back, I caught a few bits and pieces of some show on a local TV station in my area (San Francisco Bay Area, to be exact). Unless I've been hallucinating, I could have sworn that what I had seen long ago (which I'll admit is rather hazy as I type this) matched certain scenes in Saturday's sketch (the doctor blowing the pinwheel, crying over the girlfriend's grave). Would anyone happen to know if the sketch was indeed based on a specific Korean drama?

As far as this past episode is concerned, I don't think any single sketch stood head and shoulders above the others. At the same time, almost everything at least provided some decent laughs from me. The only bits that I didn't like at all were the Cena vs Lee skits and the "deleted scenes" from "The Marine." If I had to pick my personal favorites, they would have to be the Dixie Chicks video, the aforementioned Korean soap opera, and the "Keep Up with Your Love" performance. The Martin Short sketch was also pretty funny, even though I'm still miffed that there wasn't anything musical/theatrical in it. The Hooters, Keiko, and Dane Cook sketches weren't too shabby, either.

Well, three episodes are in the book. I'd say that this season is doing better than S11 at this stage. The only gripe I have so far: Frank seems to be the only castmember that hasn't had any leading roles yet (I don't think the Weekly News segments count). Let's hope that changes some time soon.
Old 10/01/2006, 8:13 PM
His senses were dimmed

**** I drank through the entire show and forgot to tape it NOOOO!

I hope to catch it on reruns. Or cry a lot.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards