Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1202?
The Hills 3 23.08%
Real Police Video *Claymation* 0 0%
The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie 1 7.69%
Iraqi Children Need Our Help 0 0%
Music Video: Runnin Game 3 23.08%
Suri Cruise on the Cover of Vanity Fair #1-3 0 0%
Larry King Loves Lost 0 0%
Howie Mandel with Bobby Lee #1-2 0 0%
The Change #1-3 1 7.69%
Nip/Tuck Red Carpet 1 7.69%
Ka-Son: Airport Security 4 30.77%
Overhand Left Perform 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/26/2006, 11:08 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

What Dartanian said back in post #35, it just felt uninspired. I felt like they did it so it would be "just like old times," and to bring back some nostalgia, but it fell flat. It really wasn't a joke at all, there wasn't much humor in it, and it just didn't go well for me.

Old 09/29/2006, 12:10 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I finally got my hands on this episode
Perhaps you could put The Hills on youtube? Y'know, since nobody has done so yet. If you do, I will...uh, do something that will make you happy??
Old 09/29/2006, 12:31 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I would too like to see that sketch. Also. As well. No sexual favours from me this time.

Old 09/29/2006, 12:33 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

If I knew how to edit those "special files" then I would surely upload to YouTube, but they always end up losing visual and keeping the audio when I attempt editing them. I'm not all tech savy on that part of the spectrum.
Old 09/29/2006, 1:20 AM
Fresh Meat

I finally got the episode and I took the liberty to upload "The Hills" on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvziCOc1ao

Last edited by andres_ohns4; 09/29/2006 at 5:32 PM.
Old 09/29/2006, 1:21 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Thank you andres_ohns4

Old 09/29/2006, 8:03 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres_ohns4 View Post
I finally got the episode and I took the liberty to upload "The Hills" on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvziCOc1ao
You can also find it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1feqN4I8Q9c
Old 09/29/2006, 8:38 PM
Fresh Meat

Default More sketches on YouTube

You can also find Arden's appearance at the Nip/Tuck premier here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJS73pm8BX4

You can find Ike's and Debra's appearance at the Daredevil premier, which was discussed in this thread, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJuVGgUjSw

Was Jennifer Garner embarassed by Ike? You be the judge.
Old 10/01/2006, 10:20 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I just saw The Hills the other day, so I might as well put in a word about this episode now that I've seen it all.

The Hills - Having seen a few episodes of LC's crapfest of a show, I was able to appreciate this. I really don't see how Crista stole the sketch...if anyone did, I would say Arden. Her Heidi was great. I loved her constant "Quit!" encouragements, since that's how the real Heidi was on the show. Anyway, thumbs up.

Real Police Video - ?? This was...odd. Not up to par with the old school claymation bits.

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie - I love Bobby's Connie, but Mike's Maury is awful. He overdoes it bigtime. That said, it was better than I expected.

Iraqi Children Need Our Help - Ahh, good times. The dancing thing was great, as was the impression of course.

Music Video: Runnin Game - This was pretty funny. Kind of a silly idea...but I guess it was meant to be silly.

Suri Cruise's Cries for Help - Not horrible, probably because they were super short. They could have been worse (read: longer)

Larry King Loves Lost - I didn't care for the first one last season, but at least it had new material to show rather than throwing in material that's 2 years old. Lame.

24 with Bobby Lee and Howie Mandel - I didn't care for this.

The Change - The first one was kind of boring, but the second and third ones were better. Odd sketch though.

Red Carpet: Nip/Tuck Premiere - I've already praised this, but yeah, I thought Arden was great here. Best red carpet segment since...probably Mo and Paul at the Emmy's in season 9. Extra kudos for holding her own all by herself.

Weekly News with Toby: Barry Bonds - Not as good as the first one, but still funny.

Ka-Son: Airport Security - I do love Ka-Son. This was good.

Overhand Left Performs "Can't Forget Your Past" - Wow, this was lame.

Close: Bobby Opens for Howie Mandel - I didn't really pay attention to this.

Overall - Good episode.
Old 11/12/2006, 2:01 PM
zlolz

Thought i'd catch up on reviewing S12 eps...

The Hills: This kinda seemed like a failed attempt to top Laguna Biotch, but it was still good. Nicole's LC was FLAWLESS. Almost as good as her Kristin. Crista's facial expressions were funny, too.
Real Police Video (claymation): Crap. Come on, MadTV. You know very well your animation skits (besides Toby) are sucking. So can't you just stop them instead of shoving more 20 seconds of crap down our throat? This skit doesn't even really deserve any stars. So, I give it a star.
The Crazy Life With Maury and Connie: Decent at times. I enjoyed it and it didnt bomb like I expected.
Iraqi Children Need Our Help: This was flat out brilliant. Ellen dancing while Iraq being shown crumbling to pieces was genius.
Music Video: Runnin Game: Pretty good video. Nothing amazing, but decent.
Suri Cruise's Cry For Help #1-#3: This skit was awful. I think death might have been more fun to go through then watch then these. Or even SNL could have been more entertaining. Well....no.
Larry King Loves Lost: I MAY be nuts, but I found this skit funny. The ballsack jokes were the best. Yes, it was cheap, but cheap sometimes equals funny.
Arden at the Nip/Tuck Premiere: Arden was flawless in this. Just excellent. Great job, Arden. Maybe an Arden/Nicole P red carpet duo for the next time?
Verlene the Ugly Girl #1-#3: These were good. Crista gave a great performance and I enjoyed all 3 of these.
Weekly News With Toby: Barry Bonds: This Toby seemed kind of odd to me because it wasn't all that big of an event. Or that current. But it was still 10x better then anything else animated they've shown so far this season.
Ka-Son: Airport Security: Ka-Son = greatness. Please keep this character going, MAD. Ka-Son is the best recurring character they've had...well...probably since the last Dot/Mrs. Campbell sketch. Not all that long ago, but still. Flawless job by Nicole RJ. How about we replace HNL with THIS?
Overhand Left Performance: Pretty good. The worst "fake" performance of the season so far IMO, but it was still decent.
Bobby/Howie Mandal Stuff: This stuff was pretty good. I enjoyed bits and pieces of it. So...yeah.

Overall, this episode wasn't nearly as good as the premiere and not quite as good as the next 2 episodes to follow. But it was still a pretty good episode. There was some great stuff (Ellen, The Hills, Ka-Son, Nip/Tuck Red Carpet) some "ehh" stuff (Fake performance, Toby, Larry King Loves Lost) and some downright bad stuff (Suri, Cops) but I felt it was a pretty stong episode overall.

7/10

Last edited by Rurry; 02/05/2007 at 4:31 PM.
Old 11/16/2006, 4:23 PM
Bender: still great

Semi-full review time, for no reason.

The Hills - Rurry said it all, this was a somewhat unsuccessful attempt to top Laguna Biotch. That said, it was still pretty damn good overall. Maybe it's just that LC isn't quite as interesting as Kristin...and by interesting, I mean less slutty. .5

Real Police Video - As the very first claymation sketch in about EIGHT YEARS, I'll be kind and give it a relatively decent rating. That said, it felt quite uninspired, but it's been such a long time since we had claymation, so I'll go easy.

The Crazy Life With Maury and Connie - Not great, but better than I anticipated it to be. Bobby's Connie Chung still inspires a laugh or two, but I'm none too impressed with Michael's Maury impression. MAD would have to be crazy to milk the Maury/Connie impressions anymore, though. .5

Iraqi Children Need Our Help - Is it just me, or is Nicole's Ellen impression less accurate then it was in Season 9/10? Anyways, this was still excellent. Bottom line - Nicole Parker rocks. End. Of. Story. .5

Music Video: Runnin Game - I liked this, even if it didn't parody any song in particular. I'm a gamer, so I could totally relate to all of this. In the end, I thought this was really good, and Jordan did a good job writing this. .5

Suri Cruise's Cry For Help - It wasn't that bad. But it wasn't very good, either. The voice kind of got annoying after a while. At least they were short, and that they add some variety. .5

Larry King Loves Lost - Rurry, you ARE nuts. This was EASILY the worst sketch of the night. It felt painfully cheap, and thrown together at the last minute. I may have remotely enjoyed the start of this ("So if you enjoy a bullcrap sandwich, then you'll love Lost" or something like that), but the rest of this was pretty painful.

Bobby Lee and Howie Mandel - Bleh. Sort of funny at parts, but otherwise pretty lame.

The Change - The real stars of this were the supporting players, most notably Jordan, Nicole, (and to a lesser extent) Arden and Ike. Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with Crista here, but she was still alright, and funny at times here. It was kind of weird and over the top, but at least it wasn't overly stupid.

Arden at the Nip/Tuck Premiere - Damn, Arden, good job. This (almost) made me eat my negative comments about her in S11. She was excellent, not as good as Will/Alex, but still very impressive, especially considering she was alone. Maybe an Ike/Arden, Nicole P/Arden, or (maybe) a Crista/Arden Red Carpet pairing in the future?

Weekly News With Toby: Barry Bonds - This is my least favorite of the Weekly News bits, but it was still decent. I don't really care about baseball politics, so meh. .5

Kason: Airport Security - Ok, so Kason isn't as good as any of Stephnie Weir's characters, but she's still pretty good if you ask me. This was pretty funny overall, but they can't keep Kason in the same situation forever. She's going to grow old quickly otherwise, unless she's in a whole new situation.

Overhand Left Performance - Worst fake performance yet. Just not very funny. Sorry Keegan and Jordan. They can't all be winners, can they?

Old 02/18/2008, 3:43 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Poll is up. Don't forget to leave an explanation to back up why you voted the way you did!

Old 02/21/2008, 7:35 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

I'm not sure what happened in #1305, but Arden was kicking all *kinds* of red carpet ass back in S12. Her initial outing was a very pleasant surprise from someone who, up until this point, hadn't contributed much of anything to the show.

More S12 posts to follow throughout the week.

Old 02/24/2009, 3:07 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

Black People on MTV Shows: Ok. I don't know why this was a transition though. I think it could have stood alone. The highlight was Arden and Crista think that they know about black rights when they are 2 of the whitest chicks I have ever seen.

The Hills: Since I don't watch this crap it wasn't that understandable, but I could see how the usual MADtv audience would find this funny. The highlight was Jordan saying that Nicole can head band herself all the way home.

Real Police Video *Claymation*: Not too bad.

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie: We once again see Bobby's "wonderful" Connie Chung impression. Not too bad, but I could have been better. The highlight was Connie and Maury in the tub.

Iraqi Children Need Our Help: Ok, Nicole's Ellen is always good but this setting was a little off. The highlight was how Ellen could be so happy even though she was talking about the death of Iraqi children.

Runnin Game: I know this was popular, but I didn't really like it that much. It just seemed a little stupid. The highlight was Jordan thinking that his girl would be happy just watching him play the games.

Suri Cruise's on the Cover of Vanity Fair #1: This was pretty dumb.

Larry King Loves Lost: I don't like these mostly because I don't know why it's always Larry King. Is Larry King really the most digesting person to do this?

Howie Mandel with Bobby Lee #1: This was actually pretty funny. How the Hell did MADtv even get Howie Mandel anyway? He is technically a big star. The highlight of the sketch was Howie yelling at Bobby.

The Change #1: Ok, had it's moment. The highlight was Arden who, even though I hate her, was pretty hot.

Suri Cruise's on the Cover of Vanity Fair #2: Really stupid.

Nip/Tuck Red Carpet: I don't like Arden on the red carpet. You can see her act coming. I hope they don't do more of these Arden red carpets. The highlight was Arden wanting her boobs to be Pamela Anderson big.

The Change #2: Better, but not great. It did have it's moments though.

Weekly News with Toby: Barry Bonds [Animation]: I don't like these Toby's. They are more irritating than funny. The highlight was Toby flipping off Major League Baseball.

The Change #3: This one was the best out of all of them. The highlight was Verlene's baboons ass "ohh it smells like monkey farts in here I wonder who it is".

Ka-Son: Airport Security: Ahh I love seeing Ka-Son. She can eat me up any day. The highlight was just that, her saying that Crista's husband was going to get eaten up today.

Suri Cruise's on the Cover of Vanity Fair #3: Do I need to say anymore?

Overhand Left Performs: I think this has to be one of the worst wastes of money for a guest star in the history of the show. He said literally only 5 words. This is a bit of a shameful display by MADtv. Keegan and Jordan's performance was good, but the money spent on the guest star wasn't worth it. The highlight was of course Keegan and Jordan.

Bobby Lee Wants to Open for Howie Mandel #2: At least this wasn't a wasted scene, this actually worked. The highlight was Bobby trying to talk through the covered microphone.

Out of 95 stars this episode got 50 stars. This episode just passed with a C-, it was not as great as it seemed. It really could have been better.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)