Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1202?
The Hills 3 23.08%
Real Police Video *Claymation* 0 0%
The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie 1 7.69%
Iraqi Children Need Our Help 0 0%
Music Video: Runnin Game 3 23.08%
Suri Cruise on the Cover of Vanity Fair #1-3 0 0%
Larry King Loves Lost 0 0%
Howie Mandel with Bobby Lee #1-2 0 0%
The Change #1-3 1 7.69%
Nip/Tuck Red Carpet 1 7.69%
Ka-Son: Airport Security 4 30.77%
Overhand Left Perform 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/24/2006, 11:18 AM
His senses were dimmed

Something else I'd like to add.

The Hills was pretty awesome too. I'm soo soo soo glad tnhey didn't just plan to rely on the jessica joke forever. Crista was awesome in this sketch just because of 'the face.' How skeezy did Ike look? I imagine thats what the guy looks like on the Hills but holy skeezeball. His lines were hilarious though, I was pretty much pulling the same face as Krista. Nicole was obviously great too with how she reacted but Crista was the best part I think.
And what was with Frank's lack of presence in the episode? He had a character in The Hills but didn't have any real lines or anything. I hope he gets an episode dedicated to just him for this lol.

Oh and are the songs in these sketches based on the real opening songs of Laguna beach and the Hills? They sound like Hilary Duff and Natadsha Beddingfield but I can't think those songs would be used in an actual show...

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards

Old 09/24/2006, 11:34 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

I thought this episode was pretty good. I liked the Hills and Arden on the carpet, she did really good (for the record I've never hated her, I thought she was alright but she definitely is improving...) I loved how she was talking to people still after they had moved on to the next interviewer. hahaha.

The chingy thing was unexpected but it was really funny when they were like "5, 6, 7, 8... 9!" and then done.. haha yeaaa.

The claymation wasnt very good at all but like Kurt said, Baby Steps.

And the Ugly Crista thing was pretty funny at parts... it reminded me of the part in Shrek I where Princess Fiona transforms in the chapel... hahah, music and everything.

pretty good ep: 4/5 (For effort)

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 09/24/2006, 11:43 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

MADtv really needs to ****ing stop their intros to sketches. They're the worst things ever. They're obviously full of fake laughter and realllly bad forced jokes. They're only like a minute long, but a minute TOO LONG. They need to ****ing go. THNX IM DONE WITH MAH RANT

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 09/24/2006, 11:44 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TJ~ View Post
Something else I'd like to add.

The Hills was pretty awesome too. I'm soo soo soo glad tnhey didn't just plan to rely on the jessica joke forever. Crista was awesome in this sketch just because of 'the face.' How skeezy did Ike look? I imagine thats what the guy looks like on the Hills but holy skeezeball. His lines were hilarious though, I was pretty much pulling the same face as Krista. Nicole was obviously great too with how she reacted but Crista was the best part I think.
And what was with Frank's lack of presence in the episode? He had a character in The Hills but didn't have any real lines or anything. I hope he gets an episode dedicated to just him for this lol.

Oh and are the songs in these sketches based on the real opening songs of Laguna beach and the Hills? They sound like Hilary Duff and Natadsha Beddingfield but I can't think those songs would be used in an actual show...
Jessica is not in The Hills, so that joke wouldn't have made much sense here anyway. And yeah the Hilary Duff and Natasha Bedingfield songs are the opening songs for LB and The Hills.

I missed almost all of The Hills, can someone tell me who else was in the sketch and who they were playing? Thanks
Old 09/24/2006, 11:48 AM
Bender: still great

Ok...

Nicole Parker - LC
Ike - Jason
Crista - Whitney
Arden - Heidi
Frank - Jordan(?? Don't know, I don't watch The Hills, and he didn't have any lines really)

Hope that helps.

Old 09/24/2006, 11:49 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Thankyah, it helps.
Old 09/24/2006, 12:29 PM
His senses were dimmed

So what did people think about the Suri Cruise and new Toby bits?

I don't think the Suir Cruise thing was hilarious but it didn't hurt anything, it just ads to the pop culture aspect of the show which is neat I think.

I like the small current event bit with Toby so far. This one wasn't as good, but he did swear a lot less so that may be why.

Old 09/24/2006, 12:33 PM
Fresh Meat

So far I am giving this season an A-. I am really happy with the direction the show is going in. I really, really like the shorter skits. I hope this doesn't change! Those quick baby Suri animation things were hilarious, and caught me completely off-guard. The Nip Tuck skit with Arden was probably the best red carpet skit they've ever done. I like that they made fun of The Hills (one of the worst shows on TV!), and the video game song with Jordan and Nicole Johnson was probably the highlight for me this week. Michael and Bobby were funny as Maury and Connie, and they didn't overstay their welcome. I agree about the claymation. i'm glad it's back. i thought it could have been a little longer, though, and it seemed like the audience didn't laugh at it. the news animation about steroids was good too. one of my favorite skits were the ones where crista as the ugly office lady never changed, and there is no real moral to the story. crista was hilarious. i'm really beginning to like her a lot. she made me laugh hard in the Hills where she didn't do anything but react to Nicole Parker. oh, and the larry king review of lost was crazy and funny. i also like that they're not bringing on real bands so far but using the time for more comedy. this review (as if anyone cares) is all over the place and i guess there's not much negative in it but that's because i really liked the show this week (and last week's too). the only thing i don't like is when they give away what's coming up next. we're not retarded (well maybe i am).

Old 09/24/2006, 1:51 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

I agree with pretty much everyone, who say that the Hills was really good. Crista was the best in it, in my opinion. But the intro to it HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 09/24/2006, 4:45 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I REALLY don't know what to think of this episode.

Parts of it were really good (the stop motion skit, weekly news, baby Suri), but other parts of it were just... really weird (BET video, the ugly girl skit). I think I'm gonna give it a 3/5... for now. It was just... kinda weird this week.

Old 09/24/2006, 4:51 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I'm attributing the fact that I didn't "get" alot of the show was due to me feeling like dookie. Since I'm not feeling so great, so i'm keeping this short and I'll try to stay on topic. It's a sucky review, but thats just me. Heh.

The Hills - This sketch pretty much sucked. It was boring. Then again, I wasn't paying much attention to it. But it was like Laguna Biotch but without a central point.

Claymation: Real Police Video - I like that they used claymation again. I thought the joke dragged out a bit longer than it needed to, but Messicans packed in a car = funny stereotype, and that spells 'Good Times.' I giggled.

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie - This sketch was kinda creepy. I like Bobby's boots. I wish there were more jokes that didn't involve the bathroom but whatev.

Ellen: Iraqi Children Need Our Help - This was awesome. First I wasn't sure about this but oh man, Ellen dancing with the fall of Iraq in the background was freakin hilarious.

Music Video: Runnin Game - This was cute. I liked how the had other players and they would do the backup vocals.

Suri Cruise's Cry for Help #1-3 - These jokes were hit or miss. Some were great, others I found really lame. It was a bad picture to use though. But thats probably the only one in existance.

Larry King Loves Lost - This sketch made me hate my life. Kidding. It wasn't good tho.

Bobby Lee opens for Howie Mandel - I don't really understand what was going on here? Like, Howie's pointers, wtf was that about?

The Change #1-3 - The first one wasn't too great, but the two others pulled it together. I loved how the girl was just so pissed after the second time.. "What the ****?" and by the third installment she was just like "eh, it happens all the time."

Red Carpet: Nip/Tuck Premiere - Someone shoot me, I thought Arden was AWESOME! Her "I hate myself" jokes were kind of annoying, but her "interacting" with Julian McMahon(?) while his back was to her was hilarious. I thought she did really good.

Weekly News with Toby: Steroids - The Mel Gibson thing was funnier, cause I couldn't give a crap about baseball politics.

Ka-Son: Airport Security - Great Ka-Son sketch. That was all Ike and NRJ's doing. Rock on with your bad self Ka-Son!

Derek and Jamal C feat. Chingy: "Can't Forget Your Past, Overhand Left" - I thought the "intro" going on too long was a gunny idea, but I think in this case it was too long. I loved that Chingy was in on it and didn't really perform. First "K-Fed" and now this? W00! I'd rather see them than real performances anyday.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 09/24/2006, 5:48 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I liked the Hills and Arden on the carpet, she did really good (for the record I've never hated her, I thought she was alright but she definitely is improving...)
For the most part, I've always liked Arden. Sometimes she overacts, but she can be funny. She should write some of her own sketches.

Old 09/24/2006, 9:14 PM
Casual Fan

Ellen dancing w/ Iraq in the background was the best moment of the night for me. And what a great song too!
Old 09/24/2006, 9:47 PM
Hardcore Fan

Great Episode

I really liked the Ugly Crista and Arden/Nipstuck oh and the black lady at the Airport

I love how they are trying out new types of humor.
Makesmehappy!!!
Old 09/25/2006, 1:01 AM
Boo Radley

The Hills - I don't have cable, which I'm assuming this was inspired by. Thought it was pretty lame.

Claymation: Real Police Video - Glad to see claymation again on MadTV. Reminded me of the good old days, like when the Pillsbury Doughboy, Poppin Fresh, got blown away on a claymation episode of "COPS"

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie - Don't particularly care for these, though I do like Bobby's Connie impression. Does Maury Povich actually yell like that all the time?

Ellen: Iraqi Children Need Our Help - Loved it. Love Nicole's Ellen impression. And I agree with everyone about the laugh factor of Ellen dancing in front of that insurgent footage.

Music Video: Runnin Game - Liked it. Could've used more of that Klan video game player, though.

Suri Cruise's Cry for Help #1-3 - As I said on another board, that Cruise spawn reminds me of that Damian kid from "The Omen". The apocalypse is at hand.

Larry King Loves Lost - I liked it. My favorite from the "Deadwood" one last season was: "It's bloody, gritty, and full of surprises. I'm talking about my underwear!"

Bobby Lee opens for Howie Mandel - Loved it. Some night, someone on "Deal or No Deal" is gonna get excited and sneeze in Howie's face. And he's gonna pull a pistol out of one of those metal briefcases and commit a murder/suicide.

The Change #1-3 -I know it was redundant, but I'm a Crista fan, and I enjoy her work. At first I thought it was going to be a parody of that new ABC series, "Ugly Betty".

Red Carpet: Nip/Tuck Premiere - Arden was terrfic. She's really grown on me.

Weekly News with Toby: Steroids - This sucked.

Ka-Son: Airport Security - I hate Ka-Son as much as I hate Coach Hines. Please arrange a murder/suicide. Enlist Howie Mandel if necessary.

Derek and Jamal C feat. Chingy: "Can't Forget Your Past, Overhand Left" - I hate rap. The fact that the parody and the reality were indistinguishable from each other tells you all you need to know as to the reason why.

Two episodes in, and this season is shaping up, so far anyway, as a vast improvement over last season. I miss Danielle, though.

Old 09/25/2006, 3:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

Was the music video parody an original song or a parody of a recent R&B song?
Old 09/25/2006, 4:06 PM
His senses were dimmed

I;m pretty sure it was original. I didn't recognize the tune at all.

Old 09/25/2006, 6:44 PM
Fresh Meat

Thumbs Down I guess I am in the minority

But I have to say that I find myself disagreeing with just about everybody here about episode 1202. I do agree that the intros were completely unecessary and detracted from the overall show, but I didn't find myself liking much of the rest of the show either.

It's a little hard for me to put my finger on it, but it just didn't seem to have much of an edge and a LOT of the material was very derivative, in some cases beating an old idea into the ground. These are just my opinions and I'm sorry if I offend, but I have been a huge fan of the show and I think an honest assessment is the only way to put pressure to improve. Maybe I am completey off base here. I was very surprised there were so many positive reviews here, but I have to say that if the quality of the show stays at this level, I don't know how much longer I will remain a fan. For me, it was that bad.

Here's my sketch breakdown, for what it is worth.

The Hills-I didn't find it very original or even funny. Laguna Bi-otch was great and this simply came across like a bad sequel.

Real Police Video (claymation)-It was also derivative and not nearly as funny as the old CLOPS bits.

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie-Another sequel to a bit that has lost it's edge. Yes, Bobby Lee can still be funny as Connie Chung and Michael was GREAT as Maury Povich, but the setups and dialog just weren't very funny to me. I was also suprised that this was Michael's only sketch.

Iraqi Children Need Our Help-This was one of the few funny sketches on the show, but without Nicole, I don't think they would have been able to pull it off. I said this when I found out Frank Caliendo left the show and I still believe it: They need more cast members that can do decent impressions. IMHO, for this reason, Nicole is absolutely critical to the show at this point. A lesser impression of Ellen and this bit would not have been nearly as funny.

Music Video: Runnin Game-Sorry, but I just didn't find this to be very funny. It didn't connect or seem relevant to me. I don't think it was Jordan's or Nicole's fault, the bit itself just didn't seem that funny.

Suri Cruise's Cries for Help-The moving mouth on the picture bits stopped being funny for me after about the 1000th time I saw them on Conan. The Mad TV writers are better than this. They shouldn't have to rely on this kind of derivative stuff and if they do, at least come up with some more incisive one-liners. The lines were predictable and silly and not worthy of the high standards of excruciatingly funny Mad celebrity bashing.

Larry King Loves Lost-Again, a poor immitation of the "Deadwood" bit, which was funny, especially the ending line about HBO twazzervision. This bit wasn't funny and even doubled up on the twazzer gag. The writers should be able to have a field day with Larry King on a good day, and they have in the past (remember David Herman's very funny Larry King "party" bit in season 1!). This one was another miss for me.

24 with Bobby Lee and Howie Mandel-This could have and should have been VERY funny. Bobby Lee and Howie Mandell are extremely funny comedians, but the whole bit seemed to revolve around Bobby in his skivvies. There have been times when this was hysterical, like when Ike and Bobby were teaching Jordan to drive and Bobby kept stripping, but in this sketch it was a complete miss for me. I couldn't believe I didn't laugh at a sketch with these two funny guys in it. The disappointment of this sketch put me over the top as far as not liking the episode.

Red Carpet: Nip/Tuck Premiere-Arden did a respectable job, but I think those saying this was among the best red carpets ever are really off the mark. There is no way this could stack up against the best Alex and Will Red Carpets, some of which were awesome. I also liked Ike at the Red Carpets, a venue in which Ike excels because he is very quick witted and good natured. I think it is a major mistake not to keep sending Ike to Red Carpets. Maybe they plan to spread it around, but while I think that may be great for the cast, I don't necessarily think it is the best thing for the show. IMHO, this red carpet, while definitely one of the better bits on this show, was nowhere near being one of the best red carpets. Not even close.

The Change-Did anyone really find this funny? It seemed pretty weak to me.

Weekly News with Toby: Barry Bonds [animation]-Not funny and pale in comparison to some of the previous animation efforts on the show like Schoolhouse Rock and the Chuckie Brown bits. Those bits were classics, this one was below average.

Derek and Jamal C Perform "Can't Forget Your Past, Overhand Left"-I didn't get this at all. Was it supposed to be funny? Was it supposed to showcase Jordan's and Keegan-Michael's imrpov skills? Was it supposed to be the sketch that never got started? Was that the joke? Was that worthy of Mad TV?

Sorry to be so negative, but I really think the show has to improve dramatically over this effort. I understand that no show can claim to put out one funny bit after another, week after week, but overall I believe this show was a poor outing and not at all representative of the Mad TV caliber comedy we have come to expect.

Hope I didn't offend too much by being honest, but I just want the show to be better and maintain its deserved place amongst the best sketch comedy shows around.
Old 09/25/2006, 7:32 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The lack of any media from this episode upsets me. Few to no YouTube videos, and I've yet to find it else where.

I'm dying to see this episode. I guess it'll replay during the baseball hiatus, right?
Old 09/25/2006, 9:08 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I also liked Ike at the Red Carpets, a venue in which Ike excels because he is very quick witted and good natured. I think it is a major mistake not to keep sending Ike to Red Carpets. Maybe they plan to spread it around, but while I think that may be great for the cast, I don't necessarily think it is the best thing for the show.
I think Ike gets more than enough opportunity to use his "quick wit," infact, most of the stuff he was in last season seemed to be him improvising on the red carpet, behind the scenes, or "on the town."

Don't forget Ike's first few attempts at the Red Carpet. All he would do was make lame cracks at female celebrities and talk about being Jewish. He did a horribly painful bit with Jennifer Garner where he pretended they were having an affair and it was horrible, even she seemed unnerved by it. All of the season 10 outings with him and Aries were atrocious, as well as alot of the Ike/Bobby ones. If Ike is good on the red carpet, its only because he's had the most opportunity to "perfect" his form. I haven't even seen Arden on the Red Carpet, so I can't say anything about that. But kudos to her for handling it by herself.

All of the present cast, except Bobby, have improv backgrounds. They all have "quick wits" and can improvise well, yet for the most part, we're only shown Ike and Bobby in this venue. I say let the others have a turn. "Major mistake" my ass.

No offense.