Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/15/2009, 1:58 PM
n4yr

Exactly, the winner should the contestant who played the game the best-- and that's clearly Russell. Personal/ emotional reasons shouldn't be part of the decision.

Old 12/15/2009, 4:03 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't care! I don't want that bastard to win!

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 12/18/2009, 12:58 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Thank God they got rid of Shambo. She was really getting irritating, and did you see her in that two peice sports bra. Capital YUK! And bw, I saw Natalie tonight, and I don't know what you're talking about. She is hot! I do agree with you on the thing that Monica actually looks better without makeup though.

They got to get Russell out soon. I know I have been saying this for a long time but come on why are they not seeing yet that they need to get him out as soon as possible. Also, the fact that he was so cocky about the idol and keeping it as a souvinier should be a sign. Vote him out you morons!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/18/2009, 5:45 AM
n4yr

Nah, most of Foa Foa will want to get rid of Brett next because the entire jury is Galu and none of them want to go up against a Galu in the finale. I think Natalie will gun for Brett too as her true alliegence is with Foa Foa. However if Brett wins immunity again, ousting Mick will be Plan B.

Old 12/20/2009, 9:37 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Oh mah word, y'all!

Russell looks so devastated -- like everything and everyone he's ever known were just burned to the ground -- and I can't say I blame him. What a farce. Complete and total madness.

Erik can't be more than an hour away from getting a million dollars worth of pussy.

Heroes vs. Villains: Very, very interesting. It's just a shame it's already been shot and, therefore, won't include Russell.

Overall, this was one of the best Survivors of all-time. Minus the winner, I'm not sure they could've *scripted* a better season.

Old 12/21/2009, 12:34 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Russell looks so devastated -- like everything and everyone he's ever known were just burned to the ground -- and I can't say I blame him. What a farce. Complete and total madness.
Russell didn't deserve to win! Now, I'll agree with you that he played a great game, and he should have won, but like the sports saying "you got to play all 60 minutes", and that's what Russell didn't do. He had it all the way, but in the last day, in front of the jury, his mouth which he had been able to contain only at the camera went loose. He basically insulted the jury. You don't go to the people who you voted out and remind them how they voted you out by name! For example, he basically called out John and told him how stupid her was for trusting him. Now think about that, if you were John, a rocket scientist and some guy was telling you how he outsmarted you, a rocket scientist, what would you be thinking? Would you be thinking "Man, that guy made me look stupid, I'm going to vote for him" or would you be thinking "Why are you insulting me when you need my vote, now I'm definately not voting for you". Russell ruined it with his mouth. He got too cocky, and too confident, and that's why he's sitting without that title!

Also, if I was in business with this guy, I would not be believing this shit that he's an "honest, turstworthy" or any other thing that goes along with those two, and that he just played like this for the game, and I would definately be considering getting into business with this guy, because knowing him from the show, he might rally all my associates against me until I'm fired. He's a sneaky, caniving snake. He pissed off too many people, and he deserves to lose.

As for Nat, she deserved to win. Hooking on to someones coat tails is a legit strategy, but that's not why she deserved it. She deserved it because in all reality, neither her, Jaison, Mick, or Russell would have made it as far as they did if it wasn't for her convincing them to get Mick out after the merge. Think about it, she got Galu to throw under the bus one of their big leaders, when it seemed assure that they were all going to just vote out the foas. That's why I believe Erik voted for her, because she got him out without tricking him, unlike Russell who betrayed everyone. She got stronger as the game went on, and she deserved to go ahead and win, and it's Russell who's stupid for letting her stay on his coattails as long as he did, when if he had voted her out instead of Sham when she was voted out, he may be sitting with that SS title right now.

Quote:
Heroes vs. Villains: Very, very interesting. It's just a shame it's already been shot and, therefore, won't include Russell.
How do you know they have already filmed it? I feel I already know the reason, but maybe there might be a way around that.

Quote:
Overall, this was one of the best Survivors of all-time. Minus the winner.
Agree with everything, except replace the word Minus with Plus.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/21/2009, 6:34 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Really? One of the best seasons of survivor ever? I gave up watching about halfway through, it just became unbearable and uninteresting.

And Russell *IS* on S20. He's on the villains tribe with Coach, Randy, Boston Rob, Parvati, Courtney, Jerri, Sandra etc.

Old 12/21/2009, 6:44 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

How do you know that Dart?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/21/2009, 11:46 AM
n4yr

Just shows you how different the Survivor world is from the real world. Too bad the jury voted emotionally instead of who played the better game.

Old 12/21/2009, 7:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Russell didn't deserve to win!

[...]

*yadda yadda yadda*

*tweedle-dee, tweedle-dum*

*ramma-lamma-ding-dong*
Translation: Mmm, Natalie...

Long story short, Nat won because she has a sunny disposition and is adept at making friends. Let's be real here -- voting her was entirely about denying Russell the million.

Quote:
How do you know they have already filmed it?
That's just how they do it. This one was filmed in June, HvV was filmed in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Really? One of the best seasons of survivor ever? I gave up watching about halfway through, it just became unbearable and uninteresting.
It contained one of the best villains yet, tons of eye candy, tons of big personalities, epic failures, epic comebacks, and I found myself more interested to find out what happens the following week than probably any season prior. From where I was sitting, at least, it certainly wasn't unbearable or uninteresting.

Quote:
And Russell *IS* on S20. He's on the villains tribe with Coach, Randy, Boston Rob, Parvati, Courtney, Jerri, Sandra etc.
Oh? Minus the part about Parv and Jerri, awesome. I'm so tired of those two.

Old 12/21/2009, 8:20 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Translation: Mmm, Natalie...

Long story short, Nat won because she has a sunny disposition and is adept at making friends. Let's be real here -- voting her was entirely about denying Russell the million.
By doing that quote alteration you completely ignore every point I make. Maybe it's because you know I'm right. He ruined it for himself in the final second of play. He got too assured, and to cocky that he was going to win that he felt the need to list what he did to people in a way of hoping that they would all respect him for it. Also, he's a limy bastard. In the reunion show he wasn't happy for Natalie, or showed that he was playing the game, he was just pissed that he lost, and even though the game was over, he was still playing by trying to buy the title off Natalie. He's a scumbag, and a cheat, and by making it noticable in the final jury vote when he recounted everyones memory on how he eliminated them. Loser + Cheat = Russell.

And I think I know why you don't like Natalie. It's because she's blond isn't it. She is pretty hot but I guess you can't see past the blond. I think Monica's hot too but I also think Natalie's hot too. You can't see this for some reason. The reason I'm guessing is some blond woman probably kicked you in the balls one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Quote:
Oh? Minus the part about Parv and Jerri, awesome. I'm so tired of those two.
I've looked around and I haven't seen any of that. What I have been reading though is that they did Samoa and HVS back to back to save production cost, so if that's the case Russell is almost certainly not going to be in it, since I just can't see how that would work.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/21/2009, 8:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
He ruined it for himself in the final second of play. He got too assured, and to cocky that he was going to win that he felt the need to list what he did to people in a way of hoping that they would all respect him for it. [...] He's a scumbag, and a cheat, and by making it noticable in the final jury vote when he recounted everyones memory on how he eliminated them. Loser + Cheat = Russell.
In other words:

Quote:
Let's be real here -- voting her was entirely about denying Russell the million.
Again, thanks for making my point for me.

Quote:
And I think I know why you don't like Natalie. It's because she's blond isn't it. She is pretty hot but I guess you can't see past the blond. I think Monica's hot too but I also think Natalie's hot too. You can't see this for some reason. The reason I'm guessing is some blond woman probably kicked you in the balls one time.
I didn't say I find Natalie unattractive -- only that she's significantly less attractive with makeup and that I prefer Monica. She has very kind eyes, which is right up my alley. I'd have no trouble naming her as one of my top five Survivor women of all-time.

As a person and a Sole Survivor, on the other hand...

Old 12/21/2009, 9:15 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
In other words:

Again, thanks for making my point for me.
How in any way did I make that point. That quote you made of mine makes no reference that the were trying to deny him the million. Also, they weren't trying to deny him the million. If you piss off a lot of people too much and too often, they're not going to be enclined to give that person a million dollars. Ala, John.

Quote:
I didn't say I find Natalie unattractive -- only that she's significantly less attractive with makeup and that I prefer Monica. She has very kind eyes, which is right up my alley. I'd have no trouble naming her as one of my top five Survivor women of all-time.
I could have sworn you said differently, but dinners ready so I don't want to go looking around for that quote.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/21/2009, 9:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Now, I'll agree with you that he played a great game, and he should have won...
Quote:
If you piss off a lot of people too much and too often, they're not going to be enclined to give that person a million dollars.
Quote:
Let's be real here -- voting her was entirely about denying Russell the million.
Seems pretty cut-and-dried to me.

John's was one of the Russell votes, by the way.

Old 12/21/2009, 10:23 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Doesn't to me.

And I remember John's vote being for Nat. Don't change history bw.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/21/2009, 11:53 PM
Administrator

According to this, John and Shambo voted Russell, everyone else voted Nat.

Old 12/22/2009, 12:21 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

And your using what site as your source for this?

To once again prove how much of a poor sport Russell is I present russellgotscrewed.com.

And if you look right now, Russ himself just made a post less than 10 minutes ago, and this is what he said!

Quote:
I appreciate all you're support but alot of these people are right. I lost focus on what it took to win and concentrated only on how great I am. While I am the greatest I didn't win for a reason and the reason lies solely with me. I'm the sole loser! I could have won but was to blind to see what it was going to take this season.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/22/2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
And your using what site as your source for this?
I know -- having to source Wikipedia made me die a little inside. I saw it somewhere else during my post-show browsing last night, but a quick Google search didn't turn up anything, and I didn't feel like wasting an hour picking through my browser history. Later tonight, perhaps.

Quote:
And if you look right now, Russ himself just made a post less than 10 minutes ago, and this is what he said!
On a public guestbook, somehow, I doubt that was the real Russell.

Old 12/22/2009, 12:45 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Yeah, I thought that too unfortunately. They got to make this so that if the person or persons of which these sites are a part of can comment and you can know that it is really him posting.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/22/2009, 1:06 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

bw - I'm in no position to judge how the rest of the season played out and thats not what I'm doing. I stopped watching mid-way because I wasn't impressed with "the Russell show" and it was obvious how the season was going to turn out once Erik was voted out and Russell played the first idol. I'm sure he played well but fuck was it exhausting watching him.

tvman,Russell is on S20. He's on the villains tribe, you can even see his silhouette on the new logo. Every single one is a former Survivor that is on HvV and it really aint that hard to tell who is who. The whole cast and boot list has been spoiled, MONTHS AND MONTHS AGO. Check www.truedorktimes.com, but be warned the bootlist is on there.

This is the cast, at any rate (spoiler):

Heroes: Tom Westman, Stephenie, Cirie, Sugar, JT, Colby, Candice Woodcock, Amanda, Rupert, James

Villains: Danielle, Courtney, Jerri, Sandra, Parvati, Randy, Russell, Coach, Boston Rob, Tyson