Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/18/2010, 9:21 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

But you already saw it on the internet through the leak. Why would you see, and worse now pay to see it.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 08/18/2010, 8:44 PM
Totally F****able

Just saw "Vampires Suck" hella funny stuff.....i laughed a lot more than I thought I would plus it had anneliese in it so.......yknow titties bonus

Old 08/09/2010, 1:19 PM
Hardcore Fan

I went to see "The Other GUys" last night and I thought it was a funny film but its not as funny as "Anchorman"

Old 08/08/2010, 1:51 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitaPockets View Post
I don't even know if I agree with the whole "THIS COULD HAPPEN YOU GUYS!" but the fact that someone came up with this concept just fucking flabbergasts me. To the point I consider using "flabbergast."

It was really bad. I think most people watch it waiting for the one scene...
and that was kinda.. meh.
I actually read up on that. Appearently, the director and writer Tom Six was told a joke by his friend that he thought all child molesters should be sewn to the butts of fat truckers, and Six expanded on it. Now I don't see how that's fair for the trucker, but it does teaches us all a lesson. If you have a bad joke, don't tell it to a sick writer/director, he will make a movie out of it.

I agree too that that "scene" was meh. Except for the words by the doctor and the Japanese guy, and her hand moves on the bandages, I don't think I would have noticed anything different about that scene.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/08/2010, 10:34 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
So I was watching Tosh.0 on Thursday for some reason (I think there was nothing on) and he mentioned a movie called The Human Centipede.
Yeah. THC was pretty redic as a movie.
Like I mentioned a few pages back, I watched it because everyone was talking about it.

I don't even know if I agree with the whole "THIS COULD HAPPEN YOU GUYS!" but the fact that someone came up with this concept just fucking flabbergasts me. To the point I consider using "flabbergast."

It was really bad. I think most people watch it waiting for the one scene...
and that was kinda.. meh.

I honestly don't have much to say about it. It was unremarkably bad.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 08/08/2010, 3:53 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

So I was watching Tosh.0 on Thursday for some reason (I think there was nothing on) and he mentioned a movie called The Human Centipede. He was doing it for a segment called Spoiler Alert, in which he spoils the movie by listing every scene. The scene was cut to 2 minutes of the 24 minute explanation, but I found the cuts pretty entertaining, and since it wasn't up fully on my Canadian Comedy Network, I decided to wait it out by finding the movie on the internet and watching it so that maybe I could get the jokes better, and I can honestly say that this is a terrible, fucked up movie in more ways than one, and I can tell you that it's a two tragedy movie. Tragedy for the main protagonists, and a tragedy for me wasting my time watching this fucked up piece of shit.

The plot is simple. A mad scientist (German of course) captures a Japanese man, and two American women who accidentally found there way on to his property (notice something) and plans on filling out his dream of creating a Siamese human connected by the gastric system. That's right, ass to mouths (and I'll answer the obvious question, yes there is a shitting scene).

Besides the plot, which is disturbing enough, the film is really terrible. There are only two good scenes in the whole movie. The water rape drug part which is unintentionally hilarious, and the first 10 minutes after the surgery as you watch this sad circumstance first come to life (Or basically between when they wake up and the shitting scene.I thought about spoiling this, but as I thought about it and I realized that when you have a movie titled The Human Centipede, it's not going to end without the thing happening). The rest of the movie is riddled in plot problems and just unappealing images. One that really got me was the girls crying which went from unnoticably shocking, to sad, to a little annoying, and then to sad again.

So my summary of this film. There's a reason why Roger Ebert thought this film was so fucked up that he didn't even give it a star rating, not because he wanted to give them 0 stars, but because he felt that this was a movie that he just could not place in a star category. This film is bad. The only reason I would suggest watching it, is if you plan on watching the Tosh.0 Spoiler Alert segment on Comedy Central (Comedy Network in Canada), because if you do, you'll find it hilarious. I'm saying that and I'm not even a fan of Daniel Tosh.

Sorry this is so long, this film just really got to me because not only is it brutal, it's apart of the worst horror film genre of all time. The "this could give someone ideas" kind, and worse, because unlike the Saw films and Hostel, this one would probably be the easiest to pull off, and I think just the fact that there is someone out there who might be crazy enough to do this makes me a little angry that this film was made.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/02/2010, 3:42 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I saw Dinner for Schmuck's last night. I have to say it was pretty mediocre. A few funny moments like anything with Steve Carell's Berry and Zach Galafanakis Therman, and the dinner was funny, but things like the confrontation between Barry, Tim, and his one night stand Darla, and the brunch with the Swiss business couple ultimately fell flat for me.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/01/2010, 8:41 PM
D2F

Last night I saw Brother, some Russian mafia movie. Whoever did the writeup for it on Netflix and compared it to a Tarantino film should lose their job. Pretty terrible.

Today I saw Thirst, a Korean film from the acclaimed director Park Chan Wook (Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance). As usual, the film looked gorgeous, but I don't think the story was as strong as his other film. Fair warning: its a vampire movie and its Korean. That means that you have to go into it and try not to bring in any anti-vampire bias from all the shitty vampire lore lately. As for the Korean part, that means you need to be prepared to have a blank stare on your face for half of it and expect some really weird sexuality in the movie. Anything this guy makes is worth watching in my opinion, but this is probably the weakest of his films (and was still pretty good IMO).

Oh, and Thirst gets billed as a horror film. I would disagree. Nothing is really very scary (though it is plenty gory). I'd put it somewhere between a love triangle story with some dark comedy sprinkled in.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 08/01/2010, 2:50 AM
D2F

Dakota Fanning has and will always look like a little blonde alien.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 07/26/2010, 3:38 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I haven't seen Avatar (the one without the bald kid with the arrow on his head) yet, and I think a lot of people haven't. I think the only reason it got the title as highest grossing movie ever was because of 3D. That's why Toy Story 3 is Pixar's highest grossing film.

Inception is really popular. Since it was released, every single screening of the movie has sold out front to back at the movie theatre I work at (which makes the theatres a bitch to clean). This is probably why Salt will get a lot of money this weekend, because everybody who can't see Inseption will just decide to go see Salt. That's what's happening at my theatre.

Dakota Fanning has always been the creepiest child actor in history to me, mostly because I never felt she did the roles kids her age should have been doing (at least kids with sensable parents). Looks like unless Kristen Stewart has a script in front of her, she's completely uncapable of living unscripted.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/26/2010, 2:43 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i'm trying to stay away from avatar..it doesnt really appeal and i don't want to watch it just because i'm the only person on earth to not have seen it yet.

I went to the movies to check out Inception i really really loved it.great concept and well executed.many kudos to joseph gordon levitt and the 360 roating room.
After that i watched the runaways its very bizarre seeing dakota fanning being sexual and druggy.But it was bound to happen,but it seems like she was only just a little 10yr old kid.ANYWAY...kristen stewart was also good and this film is a good reminder that she actually CAN act

Old 07/25/2010, 12:40 PM
D2F

I finally watched Avatar last night (blue people Avatar, not bald kid Avatar). It was slightly better than I expected. The story has already been done to death, of course. I thought the two sides to the story could have been portrayed in a less hamfisted way. The Navi are 100%, unqestionably in the right and the humans are the exact polar opposite. I thought the idea of nature's USB port used to control pretty much everything was kind of new and interesting. The visual effects were striking but after a certain point it just feels like you're watching a cartoon. Furries must have loved this movie.

Also the rare material they were mining was called Unobtanium? Seriously? What did they run out of Adamantium? Yeesh.

Old 07/21/2010, 10:57 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Good point. I forgot about how IB was ruined a bit by the guys killing Hitler. I still think the killing of the kids was pretty awful to show though, considering they showed every kid dying slowly for 2 minutes.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/21/2010, 10:29 PM
D2F

I don't think I necessarily needed to see Hitler's brains on the wall to appreciate that movie. Could have been the director not indulging the audience's desire for revenge (like the opposite of Inglourious Basterds).

Old 07/21/2010, 2:10 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Downfall was pretty good. I just hated it that they built up the death of the Hit man for an hour only to not show him shooting himself, but they were ok with showing Gobbel's wife breaking the poison pills in her children's mouth one by one in a completely mortal and unnecessary way.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/21/2010, 12:35 AM
D2F

Saw a comple movies recently:

The Wolfman - Dogshit.

The Baader Meinhof Complex - I love any movie about West Germany it seems. This is a pretty epic film about a revolutionary/terrorist group in Germany comparable to the Weather Underground called the Red Army Faction. They were active for decades and I found the whole thing to be very well executed and fascinating.

I do want to point out though that Germany must only have like 10 actors. I think half the actors in this film had been in several of the past 5 German films I've watched. The dude who played Hitler in Downfall is in EVERYTHING.

Old 07/20/2010, 9:30 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Can we please move on? Please let this be...
THE END!

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 07/19/2010, 7:33 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i'm not basing my thoughts on her due to the fact she has red hair,case in point..u know i kari byron
ANYWAY..its more her face,i don't much like it.
THE END

oh sorry..we were stopping that or something?

Old 07/18/2010, 2:16 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
Prefer. Also why does she dress like a trollop at every event she attends?

That's how shit gets done in her world. Plus she's European so she's not ashamed to show off what she's got.

Old 07/18/2010, 1:54 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
Prefer. Also why does she dress like a trollop at every event she attends?
That's how you get ahead in life

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04