Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/18/2004, 11:18 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004

I don't know about the Movie Awards alwasy getting taped, but they'll probably end up taping the VMAs too (damn you, Janet Jackson )

As far as the awards show itself, I have to tell you, that D12 performance was the best musical one I've ever seen (although that part with the asian girls was a little confusing ). The Beastie Boys were all right, but I hate that damn song they played -- it's terrible! I didn't see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but it's on cable, so they'll probably re-air it about a million times before the end of July.
Probaly on seven-second delay MADfan2004.

Old 06/18/2004, 11:11 PM
Banned User

Quote:
By the way, are girls really capable of having "growth spurts" within just a few months??
yes.

Old 06/18/2004, 11:08 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
I refused to watch it too. And Lindsay Lohan can't sing. I don't know if she can act or not because the movies she's in look so sh*tty I don't want to see them. But she definitely cannot sing!

And you know those fake t*ts are helping her out.
Hey, Bryansgirl. I'm glad you brought up Linday's boobs. At first, I thought she had had a "growth spurt." But then I saw Freaky Friday, and noticed how not-so-busty she looked in that movie. Then in Mean Girls, she seemed to have, um, "developed" overnight.

Anyway, Lindsay is still only 17.

Funny, when she was 17, Britney Spears claimed that she had a "growth spurt."

Does anyone else see this parallel between Lindsay and Britney?

By the way, are girls really capable of having "growth spurts" within just a few months??

Old 06/18/2004, 4:04 PM
Totally F****able

its on right as Im typing this.

Old 06/18/2004, 4:02 PM
Remember me?

my mom walked by and was like ummm why are those old men rapping
LMAO

Old 06/18/2004, 3:36 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
By the way, One other comment I like to make is this,

Why are the Video Music Awards always live and why are the MTV Movie Awards get taped on a certain day and air on a later date?

I don't know about the Movie Awards alwasy getting taped, but they'll probably end up taping the VMAs too (damn you, Janet Jackson )

As far as the awards show itself, I have to tell you, that D12 performance was the best musical one I've ever seen (although that part with the asian girls was a little confusing ). The Beastie Boys were all right, but I hate that damn song they played -- it's terrible! I didn't see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but it's on cable, so they'll probably re-air it about a million times before the end of July.

Old 06/18/2004, 2:19 PM
Hardcore Fan

By the way, One other comment I like to make is this,

Why are the Video Music Awards always live and why are the MTV Movie Awards get taped on a certain day and air on a later date?

Old 06/18/2004, 12:12 PM
okay :|

I like the VMA's better. I dunno why MTV would do a movie award thing. I mean they are called MUSIC televison. But nevertheless i caught most of it. My favorite part was when Jimmy Fallon danced and then he said "I think I hurt my balls"

Old 06/18/2004, 12:02 PM
Right-wing rocker

I refused to watch it too. And Lindsay Lohan can't sing. I don't know if she can act or not because the movies she's in look so sh*tty I don't want to see them. But she definitely cannot sing!

And you know those fake t*ts are helping her out.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )

Old 06/17/2004, 11:45 PM
Remember me?

she'll never get a grammy her singing career hasn't exactly taken off

Old 06/17/2004, 11:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

Personally, I stopped watching these type of award shows recently. I think some of the actors and/or presenters don't deserve to be on those shows especially the so-called hip-hop artists who take away roles from struggling actors who can't make a living in Hollywood.

Also, Lindsay Lohan will washed up when she turns 25 unless she gets a critically accalimed role that results in a nomination for a major award like a Oscar@, Golden Globe or at worst a Grammy
or a Tony Award.

But not a VMA award, a MTV Movie award or an ESPY (is she ever thought of getting into sports.)

Old 06/17/2004, 11:41 PM
Remember me?

I saw it, the dancing was really cliche ...never woulda guessed that would happen LOL, i was happy to see andy richter! hes cool, and rachel dratch was remotely funny as lindsay's mom, the writing..lets face it....sucked. I really liked the opener with ben stiller and vince vaughn it was funny and quick, not dragging like the rest of the show. On the post show the showed a clip of a part of the show that wasn't seen...i could've sworn it was michael hitchcock in the unnaired sketch, i'm probably wrong. The awards were BLAH, and the performances....eh alright. My fav. part is always the opener anyway

Old 06/17/2004, 11:00 PM
Regular

Question MTV Movie Awards

Hey, guys. Did any of you manage to catch the 2004 MTV Movie Awards this past week? Since we've talked so much about Lindsay Lohan and Mean Girls in the Off-Topic forum, I thought I'd create a thread discussing the awards show itself. I only know that Lindsay hosted the entire damn show solo.

To those of you who actually saw the 2004 MTV Movie Awards, did you enjoy it? How good/bad was it?

BTW, sorry for disappearing on you guys during the past few weeks. My internet connection has been really screwed up lately.