Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/28/2008, 8:30 PM
D2F

It's not a word I through around a lot but Olivia Munn is a real ****, as is the entire G4 network. I was watching some show on there today that my friend suggested and G4 is almost unbearable. At any moment, at least 40% of the screen is covered up with crap that doesn't need to be there (VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY LOLOLLZ).

Back to Olivia Munn, I think its just insulting that G4 sacrifices something that used to be a great tech show (The ScreenSavers on ZDTV before Patrick and the Kevins screwed it up) for the simple equation of: hot chick + talking about the internet = ratings. That nonsense started with Manjaw Morgan Webb, then they took it to a new level by finding a legitimately attractive woman for their shennanigans.

I miss Kate Botello and Leo Laporte

Go get some qualms, Cag.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 03/28/2008, 9:03 PM
Bender: still great

No, YOU go get some qualms fdhfdhsdjsgjsfjfs

Old 03/28/2008, 9:05 PM
D2F

Oh I've got my qualms. Believe you me. I've got a fist full of qualms right here thanks.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 03/28/2008, 9:39 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Patrick Norton > Kate Botello.

Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, on the subject of G4, has anyone seen the new X-Play? I like the idea of making it an all-encompassing gaming show, but I feel like it represents everything that's wrong with that channel. They used to have FIVE shows doing what this ONE is doing now.

Old 03/29/2008, 12:03 AM
D2F

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Patrick Norton > Kate Botello.
Hey madfan, I bought you a present. Try it on. I hope you like it

Old 03/29/2008, 12:05 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

What's wrong with Patrick Norton exactly? He knows his stuff, and he's one of the few TV (well, IPTV) personalities that actually has journalistic integrity. Though, he can be a little snobbish at times.

Old 03/29/2008, 12:18 AM
D2F

Utility kilt. GTFO.

I will admit however that any host on that network or the increasingly-worse incarnations of that network all have a fatal flaw: They aren't Kate & Leo.

Old 06/18/2009, 12:38 PM
D2F

Ugh. I heard the other day that Olivia Munn took a short break from being worthless eyecandy on a shitty TV network to do a playboy shoot. Piqued my interest until I read that its non-nude and that she'll be wearing a bikini and/or a one piece. Fuck you Olivia Munn/Playboy

Old 06/18/2009, 1:40 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Fuck Olivia Munn. Alison Haislip is just as attractive, but she also seems like she can actually hold a semi-intelligent conversation. They should just fire Munn and make her the full-time co-host.

Old 06/18/2009, 2:58 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
Ugh. I heard the other day that Olivia Munn took a short break from being worthless eyecandy on a shitty TV network to do a playboy shoot. Piqued my interest until I read that its non-nude and that she'll be wearing a bikini and/or a one piece. Fuck you Olivia Munn/Playboy
This. New Rule: If you're not posing nude, you can't be on the cover of Playboy.

Quote:
Fuck Olivia Munn. Alison Haislip is just as attractive, but she also seems like she can actually hold a semi-intelligent conversation. They should just fire Munn and make her the full-time co-host.
No she isn't, no she doesn't, and no they shouldn't. Minus Morgan, they're all airheads over at G4; difference is, Munn is actually funny. Gobbling cock at a tenth grade level does not (alone) qualify you for this job, Haislip.

If anything, they should fire Munn and make Chris Hardwick the full-time co-host.

Old 06/18/2009, 3:56 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I wasn't exactly sure who this Olivia Munn was since I don't get G4 Tech, but then I remember I saw her on an episode of Talkshow right after MADtv (I was on my computer, and I wasn't really paying attention) and when I saw her I though "who is this talentless chick?" but then I remembered it was Talkshow and I had my answer. She did some kind of parody commercial where she was introducing a device that when nerds where it, they will see her being hot for them. It was a really unoriginal idea.

As for the Playboy nude thing, I completely agree. Is she really that big of a celebrity to get away with that?

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 06/18/2009, 5:05 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
make Chris Hardwick the full-time co-host.
Fuck. NO. Chris Hardwick always struck me as a giant douche. Besides, he has, like, eight other jobs. I'm sure he's WAY too busy.

Attack of the Show's 2000th episode is coming up. How much do you wanna bet they don't show any clips from when Kevin Rose and Sarah Lane were on the show--you know, back when it was actually WATCHABLE?

Old 06/18/2009, 5:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Fuck. NO. Chris Hardwick always struck me as a giant douche.
I suppose the argument could be made, but again, at least he's funny. I, for one, watch these shows to be entertained, and in that regard, Hardwick > Morgan/Pereira > Sessler > Munn > Man Blair >>>>>>> Haislip >>>>>>>>>>>>> Stalin > Lady Blair. Not that Stalin doesn't have his moments, mind you.

Merged here since we seem to discuss this from time to time.

Old 06/18/2009, 8:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

Isn't Hardwick hosting Web Soup now? I caught the premiere on torrents, and it was kind of amateurish but watchable. Besides, it looks like he'll gain his footing eventually.

Old 06/18/2009, 8:52 PM
D2F

Spoiler: Attack of the show was NEVER watchable. Any time when there has been a G4 title, every show on the channel has been dogshit, except X-Play is ok.

When it was ZDtv, it was called the Screen Savers and it was an excellent show and I credit it as being part of the reason why I got into computers. The later version with Leo and Patrick was ok under TechTV.

Under G4 as AOTS, its zero tech, just coopted, old memes and general newfaggotry. LOLOLOLO EPIC FAILZ GUYS!! I wish nothing but bad things for the current cast of all the shows on G4 except for Sessler and maybe Webb. Olivia Munn needs to stop being coy, get nude or go home.

I guess that came off a little extreme, but I had to get it off my chest.

Old 06/18/2009, 11:05 PM
Administrator

I'm not necessarily proud of watching AOTS, nor would I necessarily refute anything you just said (minus the "maybe Webb" part ), but I will say that (most of) the hosts are entertaining, about 50% of the segments are of at least *some* interest to me (while the rest meet the iron fist of my DVR), and without it, the TV off-season would feel even longer than it already does. Put it out of your mind that it's now a bastardization of a show you once loved, and you just might be surprised. It worked for me with "24".

I should also point out that you can thank your beloved 4chan for each and every last ounce of the faggotry you described.

Old 06/18/2009, 11:22 PM
D2F

I don't blame the site whose name I will not speak for that. The problem is when idiots on said site don't observe rules 1 & 2 (i.e. don't TALK about it). So whenever something happens on the internets or some 17 year old dumbass calls in a bomb threat to a football game, the site gets mentioned by name in the media and then an influx of kids come in, spread cancer throughout the site which then finds its way to G4 so Munn and Pereira can regurgitate old memes.

In all honesty though, while I think G4 is an abomination, I think its just not my demographic. ZDtv and TechTV were my demographic: a very light hint of PC gaming, then tech news and general computer geekery. G4 is much less about tech. I think of G4 as Spike TV for beta males.

Old 06/21/2009, 3:05 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Unf unf Ninja Warrior marathon. New episodes. Best Father's Day ever.
Old 06/21/2009, 3:52 PM
D2F

I liked Ninja Warrior but a little bit of it goes the wrong way. It gets pretty monotonous after a while.

Old 07/09/2009, 9:38 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

So the 1000th episode of Attack of the Show is airing right now, and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised. I liked that they didn't forget the old hosts. Sarah Lane came back, Wil O'neal came back, and even Kevin Rose, who probably absolutely hated this show, sent in a little congratulatory video Artie Lange-style. They get some respect for that, unlike, say, MADtv, whose series finale only had five old cast members, and just sort of acted like the rest of them didn't exist.