Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/17/2009, 11:21 PM
Obsessed!

Default The Southland Tales

Has anyone else seen this movie? It has to have the most random cast ever: from Sarah Michelle Gellar, to the Rock, to Miranda Richardson, to Cheri Oteri, to Will Sasso, Mandy Moore, Sean William Scott, to Justin Timberlake, etc.

It is about an apocalypse, if memory serves me the one from Revelations. It was very confusing to watch at first, and was hard to follow, and I left watching thinking I hated it, and then after dwelling on it it turned out to be a great movie. I now own it, and would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a movie to see. Sarah is amazing in it, Cheir is also very good. And the cast may seem campy to you, but even Justin Timberlake gives a good performance. Will Sasso has a smaller role in it, but he is still there, and there are more SNL people in it too. But I wanted other peoples thoughts and opinions on this film, cause it made me think a lot when watching it, and I was wondering if any of you have seen it and what you thought. Also if you haven't seen it, take the time to watch it!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart

Old 05/20/2009, 8:57 PM
Casual Fan

I know the movie you're talking about. Tried watching it once.....Once. It is VERY confusing.