Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/08/2008, 7:41 PM
Groggy

Thank you very much for everything, Zesty. You're da man!

And i can't say how grateful I am to Nicole for all of her wonderful sketches and songs. 'Inside Looking Out' will always be my favourite amongst all of the Madtv sketches. It is witty, artistic, smooth and mature.

Nicole will be sorely missed for sure. I've always admired her for being bold and witty in her sketches (especially the ones she writes). And most of all, I admire her for being passionate in whatever she does. And that is why I know she'll succeed in Broadway. Because with her talent and passion, it would seem highly unlikely otherwise.

All the best Nicole! Have a very fulfilling life! We're all very proud and happy for you! And..God bless you!

All the best for the future!

Old 11/08/2008, 7:54 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Wow, the day I was depressed about for months is here sort of. This really makes me sad to know that even though she's there in pretaped, she's not really there.

Like NPF8 I will give my goodbye here in hope that she sees it.

Nicole, you are really my gal of MADtv. I believe that every fan of any show has there girl, the girl that they have, and will love forever on a show. For the older fans, it was Nicole Sullivan, for the fans who got into the show around seasons 4-6 it was maybe Mo Collins. For me, it was you Nicole.

You are incredibly funny, talented, and will most likely forever without a doubt be the best singer MADtv will ever had.

I have laughed, and loved what you have done in the last 6 years. You proved that MADtv is still funny, even at this point, and you were truly the crown jewel of the great Boom Chicago troupe.

I will miss you because since you are going to Broadway. A place I am sure I will never go (I live in Vancouver, Canada) because it will just be to expensive, and because I have watched every MADtv episode you have been in, I will most likely never see any of your new stuff after your MADtv experience is done, but if you do get an award nomination at the Tony Awards, or your presenting a Tony, I will watch the show for you, even though I don't much like that stuff.

You will forever be my gal of MADtv. I will move along with the show and it's changes, but it will take a really great woman to come along and trump your status in my mind. So many great women have come through this show, and are still in this show, but in my mind, you will always be the best. A bold statement yes, but one I am not ashamed to say.

I wish you luck on every one of your future projects, and if you are ever in LA for a good amount of time, please come back for a guest appearance, because I think everyone here will agree that you will never be unwelcome on this show.

I cannot end this without thanking Zesty for his spilling of answers to our most beloved cast member, the time you took to type these out are appreciated, and I, like many I would assume, hope that Nicole's leaving the show doesn't include your leaving of the site.

One most likely last question. Does this mean that Nicole will get a send off the show on television. I guess to be more specific, did you see the cameras filming the goodbye presentation?

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 11/08/2008, 8:15 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

You know what I just found out. I was looking at Amy Poehler's Wikipedia profile, and it said that Amy's appearance in the Presidential Bash show on Monday will most likely be her last appearance on the show. If this is true, this means that Amy, who is probably the best and most likely beloved female on SNL, and Nicole, the truly loved by everyone and the best singing female ever to be on MADtv, will have ended there runs on their respective shows the exact same week!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/08/2008, 10:23 PM
Obsessed!

Thank you so much Zesty for taking time out to do this! And Nicole, you are fricken amazing! Break A Leg on broadway, I hope I can make it out to see you in Wicked! Your Sarah Palin Wicked Video was great! Thank you for the wonderful and hilarious sketches you created from season 9 - 14 of Mad Tv. Hopefully when they hit another land mark episode, or even before that, you'll be back for a quick guest appearence! You are truly one of the best cast members Mad Tv has ever seen! Thanks for all the laughs!

Marcus

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 11/08/2008, 11:11 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
You know what I just found out. I was looking at Amy Poehler's Wikipedia profile, and it said that Amy's appearance in the Presidential Bash show on Monday will most likely be her last appearance on the show. If this is true, this means that Amy, who is probably the best and most likely beloved female on SNL, and Nicole, the truly loved by everyone and the best singing female ever to be on MADtv, will have ended there runs on their respective shows the exact same week!
Yeah since September 2008, Nicole and Amy are leaving, but then again Nicole is doing the Mo-Stephanie Thing so she is still there via sketches but wont be in closings.
Old 11/09/2008, 2:13 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Wow. This is huge. We always knew that Nicole was leaving, but it didn't hurt till it actually happened.

Nicole is always amazing. I really can't remember a sketch where she did not shine. Whether it was singing, acting, or just being plain fun to watch, she owned the stage of MADtv. Thank you Nicole, for all the laughs and memories you have given us. I wish you will do well in whatever you do. We all know that you will.

Thanks to Zesty too, for being the bridge between the MADtv fans up here and Nicole. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to come up here regularly and update this. Though the site and you has gone off to a rocky start, we really appreciate everything you have done for us fans.

Adios!

Old 11/09/2008, 5:46 AM
Hardcore Fan

Nicole is really leaving? In the short time (12 months) I've been a MADtv fan, this can officially go down as the saddest moment so far in my fandom, and if anything tops Nicole leaving, that would really suck.

Every sketch you were in shone with your trademark character traits and your good-natured enthusiasm. Even when the idea wasn't as fresh as a good sketch should have been, many times the attitude you spun into a sketch made me start laughing through the whole night. Laguna Biotch and $40 A Day will forever be two of the best of MADtv's pop culture parodies ever.

Now go apply those same trademarks of yours onto Broadway. All the best for you, Nicole.

blue_light_888

PS Thanks to Zesty for keeping us Nicole fans updated on her all the time. You don't know how much you contributed here.
Old 11/09/2008, 3:21 PM
Fresh Meat

Wow.I would never think that this day was coming! I remember the first time i watched MADtv.It was when Christa and Nicole were playing those lesbianc women things,and it made me laugh.Then i started to record them.Afterwards i fell inlove with the show and watched it more and more. Nicole brought all of the laughs to my house.I'm truly going to miss her on the show.She was my favorite person and she will do great things in her life.I told things that she said on madtv to people at my school,they laughed and laughed.I can't wait to get the wicked cd,just like i have the martin short cd.Thank you Zesty for your time and answering our questions.Im sure that it means alot to her fans.

God Bless Nicole and Zesty
Old 11/09/2008, 11:36 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

yeah definitely a big HUGE thanks to zesty for being very patient and answering as many questions as he possibly could,i know that we all appreciate it.

As for nicole...Thanks for the good memories and for scarring me mentally by being james blunt,hah Serioulsy one of THE best performers to ever appear on madtv and just an absolute joy to watch every episode.it is definitely the end of an era on madtv
from the #1 fan in australia(don't whinge about expenses from canada,buddy )

Last edited by tarzapam; 11/09/2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: bad use of english
Old 11/16/2008, 2:58 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

If questions are still being answered...

What does Nicole think about the cancellation of MADtv?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/16/2008, 2:03 PM
Fresh Meat

i have a question if your still taking them......
me and my friend were watching the show and she(my friend) said that nicole had a tattoo..

So i was wondering if she ever had a tattoo before?
Old 11/17/2008, 5:04 PM
FormerMarine

So I finally got Nicole to type out a farewell and when I hit post quick reply it said I wasn't signed in and erased it. So I'll try to get her to redo it soon and I'll be sure to save it first next time.
Old 11/18/2008, 12:51 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Wow, cool! We'll be looking forward to it!

Watch this space!

Old 11/18/2008, 4:10 AM
Groggy

Ack...can i ask just one more question? In the 'Laughs' sketch that featured Crista and Matt, Matt said that two of his friends, a black man and a white woman were murdered for their multi-racial marriage. Is this in any way related to the characters of Inside Looking Out? I mean, with Jordan Peele's departure from MAdtv last season, and Nicole's departure now, it seems appropriate in a tragic way. I just want to know...and i thought perhaps that Nicole might have suggested that to the scriptwriter/s? I hope i'm not being too sadistic here..

All the best for the future!
Old 11/23/2008, 9:35 AM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
So I finally got Nicole to type out a farewell and when I hit post quick reply it said I wasn't signed in and erased it. So I'll try to get her to redo it soon and I'll be sure to save it first next time.
lol it happens. can't wait to read it!!!!!

-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
Old 11/24/2008, 3:57 AM
Hardcore Fan

:waits anxiously:

Old 11/24/2008, 10:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here's a little tip. When you are done a message always copy put it in a Word document. That way if the problem ever happens again the message is still there. I do it all the time when I do the episode summaries because I get similar problems.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/16/2008, 4:00 PM
FormerMarine

Here is an update. Nicole has been in NY for about a week rehearsing for Wicked. I'm pretty sure her start date is Jan 15 not Jan 13 as is being reported. Just in case anyone was trying to see her the night she opens. She will be back to LA for a couple days in early January to finish a scene in Funny People, the Apatow movie. Hopefully the whole scene makes it into the final cut. Movies allow for a different type of content than TV so this movie might be very pleasing to some of her fans. Of course she is always funny and game for anything. I'm moving out to NY as well this month so I'll continue to keep an eye on her and report here as long as Planet MADtv is still up and running.
Old 12/16/2008, 4:12 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Here is an update. Nicole has been in NY for about a week rehearsing for Wicked. I'm pretty sure her start date is Jan 15 not Jan 13 as is being reported. Just in case anyone was trying to see her the night she opens. She will be back to LA for a couple days in early January to finish a scene in Funny People, the Apatow movie. Hopefully the whole scene makes it into the final cut. Movies allow for a different type of content than TV so this movie might be very pleasing to some of her fans. Of course she is always funny and game for anything. I'm moving out to NY as well this month so I'll continue to keep an eye on her and report here as long as Planet MADtv is still up and running.
Awesome, Thanks for the Update.
Old 12/16/2008, 6:38 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
thanks for the update!!!