Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/26/2003, 9:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Post MADtv wins at the Fourth Annual Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards!

Thanks to Mad Dog for reporting this. Here's the full story from MADtv.com:
The MADtv make-up department headed by film and television make-up artist, Jennifer Aspinall, recently received the "Best Character Makeup" award in this year's Fourth Annual Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards. The best character makeup award is given to those who have proved their ability to successfully change the appearance of an actor without the use of prosthetics. This year's awards were held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California. Other winners included Alias for the "Contemporary Makeup" category and Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the "Best Special Makeup Effects" category.
Congratulations to the whole hair and make-up crew at MAD on this award. They really are some of the most talented people in the business.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 02/27/2003, 10:42 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Well I could see that - the MAD make-up department almost always does an excellent job. I think that they do use prosthetics at least occasionally though.. like with Josh's nose for the Owen Wilson impression.

One thing I don't understand about their otherwise amazing make-up department though is that they never change Aries's face much for his impressions, which makes them only more generic. It's like they assume him just being black is enough to morph him into the person he's impersonating.
Old 02/27/2003, 8:14 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by koolboee cdmo87
One thing I don't understand about their otherwise amazing make-up department though is that they never change Aries's face much for his impressions, which makes them only more generic. It's like they assume him just being black is enough to morph him into the person he's impersonating.
Sad, but true. Let's look into recent times... During the Lords of the Bling: II sketch, Aries sounded exactly like Bill Cosby, yet the only thing the makeup department did for him was providing him a white suit and glasses. Just pathetic, if you ask me.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)