Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/04/2002, 1:46 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Default New recurring characters

Is it just me or does anyone feel MadTV needs fresh recurring characters and sketches, some of them are getting quite stale thenks to bad writing.

Old 02/04/2002, 2:03 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I forgot to put this in. Here's a list they should consider....

Michael's characters....
Mickey- should only appear once a year as usual
Ron- too annoying, should go, only worked once or twice
Marvin- not that funny anymore, only worked a few times
Rusty- needs to go back to old roots, but should stay
Stuart (and Mom)- appears too often for writing to stay totally sharp, but still funny and should stay.

Mo's characters....
Trina- still extremely funny, writers to blame for any problems
Lorraine- still hilarious, endless possibilities, writers to blame for any problems.

Stephanie's characters....
Dot- funny BUT not easy to come up with ideas for this. She should appear on Kids Say the Darnest THings or Millionaire.
Mrs. Campbell- Everything is great with her, she's not being over run either.

Debra's characters....
Bunifa- not ideas that are running out but her routine is starting to get old but I think she's still great.
Tovah (and Belma-Aries)- Starting to get over run a bit but there needs to be a special kick extra to help improve Reality Check.
Old 02/04/2002, 2:08 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Oops, still forgot some!

Ms. Swan- getting over run a bit, needs to go back to original roots and even a new direction a bit too. Appears too often for writing to stay sharp.
Recurring Celebrities- Still great for one appearance a season but new impressions need to be made like Frank's Robin Williams and Aries' Maya Angelou.
Old 02/06/2002, 1:45 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Remember from National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation, the old lady Aunt Bethany, who couldn't hear anything and was a bit confused. Here's a reminder
"Aunt Bethany, since it's your 80th Xmas, y don't u say grace?"
"Grace, oh no, she passed away 30 years ago!"

They should make a character like that, it would be hilarious! Although, it would be a compitition between her, Mrs. Campbell and Lorraine!
Old 02/12/2002, 3:10 PM
Fresh Meat

Default new recurring characters

I hate Stephnie Weir and all of her sketches/characters. They barely make me laugh. I wish they would just kick the weirdass off the show and bring back Nicole Sullivan. (no offence to people who like her)

I do agree that Stuart and Swan were funnier before. I watched last weeks ep. and I found Stuart's Valentine very unamusing.
Swan Airplane was quite lame for a Ms. Swan sketch, even if Nicole Sullivan and Phil Lamarr were in it, they did pretty much nothing.

And we need less Trina. If Mo keeps up that thing where she puts her finger on her nose, it's going to be crooked pretty soon.

You're not gonna be needing my candy, cause you're gonna be getting a big chocolate bar later!-Vancome Lady to a couple of gay guys

Don't let me break my foot off in yo' ass!-White Mama

I tell you every-ting...he looka like a man!-Ms. Swan

Look what I can do!!!-Stuart

What is it STTUAAAAAAAAAAARTTT!?-Stuart's Mom (Doreen Larkin)

Well, yo-ho-ho and a little tight bum!-Vancome Lady to the gay guys (I can't help it; that sketch cracked me up!)

There'll be more to come in the near future, I just have to get up and look for them.