Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/15/2007, 6:46 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Default Joe Rogan Calls Out Carlos Mencia...

http://www.break.com/index/joe_rogan...os_mencia.html

Even BOBBY'S talking sh*t about him!

Old 02/15/2007, 7:18 PM
just crazy

Ned got Rogawned.

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 02/15/2007, 8:18 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

It was hard for me to understand most of what was said--more like shouted--but I'm just glad that someone put Carlos in his place. Whether Carlos blatantly stole material or just borrowed as a lot of comedians do--who out there is truly original?--the bottom line is that Carlos Mencia is not funny, and certainly not original or trendsetting or whatever other bogus adjective that Nedley has conjured up to describe himself. The lesson, boys and girls, is that when you attempt to set yourself up as God, do your homework. Otherwise, yo' ass is gittin' pwned.

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/15/2007, 8:30 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Well, I can understand YOU not finding him funny--you're, like, what, 78 years old?

But, seriously, I don't really think he "owned" Carlos as much as he thinks he did. Like the fake name thing, come on, how many comedians have used fake names? You think Rodney Dangerfield was that guy's real name?

I really don't know much about whether he steals jokes or not (or to what extent), but if you actually watch the full videos for both comedians, they take those two jokes to completely different places. All those comedians saying he does steal jokes does say something, and I don't think they're out to get him or anything. Bobby even said he did, and he's been on Mind of Mencia twice.

Old 02/15/2007, 8:38 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Well, the fake name thing alone isn't much of an argument; however, Joe was also pointing out that his proclaimed heritage is bogus too. I agree that Joe may be overestimating himself a bit. After all, his comic resume consists of, what, "The Man Show"? Still, I just like seeing Carlos squirm.

BTW, I'm 91. Get it right.

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/15/2007, 8:41 PM
D2F

Carlos is a piece of garbage as a comedian. If I didn't have so much faith that idiots nationwide will love his show and standup act regardless, I'd be excited at the prospect of him never returning to comedy again.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 02/15/2007, 9:12 PM
His senses were dimmed

That was beautiful! I hate Ned too. He is awful and to hear he is hated by the comedian community makes me so happy. I didn't know he stole stuff but I did know he sucked. I wonder how this will unfold in the near future. I hope Ned loses his show haha.

I'm so glad Joe told him off. He deserves it for stealing soo many people's jokes. They showed like, 5 or 6 different people saying he stole a joke of theirs. I thought it was funny how at first Bobby was ok talking about it but then he stopped.

I think a lot of other comedians need to be called out for taking material.

Jeff Foxworthy is one of them.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 02/15/2007, 9:29 PM
Hardcore Fan

Here's what I heard: "... bull****... ****... bitch... mother****er... shut the **** up... **** **** ****... that's bull****... **** ****... bull****... ass... ****... ****er... ****... ****ing... shut the **** up... fat ****... ****... asshole... ****ing... ****... bitch... bitches... mother****er..."

Old 02/15/2007, 9:34 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

This is the 3rd time i've heard Rogan complain about comedians stealing a joke, and frankly, someone needs to tell him that telling on someone to get his name out in public is so kindergarten. People recycle jokes, oh well, deal with it.
I mean, I hate Mencia as much as the next bloke, but when's the last time Joe had a show that didn't contain the words "Man" or "Fear?"

To be perfectly honest, neither of them are funny to me. Carlos or Ned, he's overrated no matter what his name is, and Rogan has no personality and he's not funny, so he's the last one you need trying to be the saving grace of stand up.

Someone set fire to The Comedy Store. PLZ.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 02/15/2007, 10:05 PM
Bender: still great

Proof that simply having a crazy attitude will get you far in the comedy world. That reminds me...

Old 02/16/2007, 12:48 PM
Hardcore Fan

How about Joe Rogan dissing Micheal "Kramer" Richards for his attempts of being a stand-up comedian.
Old 02/16/2007, 1:17 PM
D2F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
How about Joe Rogan dissing Micheal "Kramer" Richards for his attempts of being a stand-up comedian.
Are you personally familiar with Kramer's stand up routine and know if it's any good or are you just saying something sassy like a gossip columnist?

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 02/16/2007, 6:47 PM
Hardcore Fan

The joke they said Ned stole in this video isn't that good. It's not that hard to make fun of the border wall consideirng the last time someone built a wall that size, they were invaded by the Mongolians. It's good to see that in such a modern age, we can count on 2,000 year old border security technology. If they do build the wall, it'll give Chinese people a chance to come to America and be obnoxious. I don't know much about business but I think this would be a good idea to invest in the Mexican ladder industry.

Old 02/17/2007, 8:12 AM
O YEAH?! o no.

well....i think carlos/ned/whatever's takin the heat cus hes famous for bein hardcore or whatever,,,other comedians who arent famous, or other comedians that are famous and just dont use in-your-face as their style of comedy havent taken as much heat,,,ive heard the mexican wall joke from george lopez (his newest cd 06), carlos (no strings attached), dl hughley (i think on the letterman show in 06 or somethin like that), and now that ari guy (2004),,so its not like its that original,,,its not unusual to see a comedian and hear someone elses jokes,,,i mean for that one richard pryor special, most of the comedians they interviewed about him admitted they stole from him,,its also easier to call out carlos mencia cus he does racial jokes, and we all know weve heard pretty much every one, and that you can pretty much turn anything into a racial joke (fried chicken...what was your first thought? lol), so it kinda makes racial jokes unoriginal. its not like he's suddenly gonna change his act, if anything, thisll make him angrier and more reason to think he's badass (i know its not the best word choice to describe, but you get what i mean),,sorry if i sound bias or anything, i mean i think carlos/ned is a great person, because (to me) he's really open minded and even if you hate him, i think people can walk away from his show at least with the thought that they should be more direct with people and their thoughts and stuff like that...now, as for him being funny? i think he's ok, material stolen or not....please dont slam me! we're all puttin out opinions here....

Old 02/17/2007, 12:25 PM
Casual Fan

Bobby Lee responds to Joe Rogan

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=227205

Last edited by HELLRaZerXTC; 02/18/2007 at 1:42 AM.
Old 02/17/2007, 2:07 PM
Hardcore Fan

*cough*pussy*cough*

Old 02/17/2007, 2:12 PM
just crazy

instead of a singles feud this has changed into a tag team feud:

CARLOS MENCIA & BOBBY LEE vs. ARI & JOE ROGAN

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 02/17/2007, 4:12 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Is it just me, or are comedians a bit childish?
Even if what Bobby says is scripted, it still rings true, it's pretty immature to inturrupt a set by jumping onstage and going ape**** about how he's a big fake.
Can't he wait and then confront him? Or how about an act about how fake Mencia is? That would be cool actually. Not this scare tactic bull.
If I had payed to see Carlos Mencia do standup, I don't give a **** if he's really Japanese. I woulda kicked Joe Rogan in the nads..lol

"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 02/18/2007, 1:41 AM
Casual Fan

I noticed that the link provided, censored Bobby Lee's parts. Here's the whole thing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18711943453918

Old 02/18/2007, 2:40 PM
Hardcore Fan

Carlos Mencia SUCKS! End of discussion.