Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/19/2003, 6:34 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Question "MAD" to air an Encore from very early "MAD"?

It says in the description that Queen Latifah (one of the best hosts in season two) will be showing a "special" Encore. Will they be showing one of her sketches from season two?

I just find it odd, because it seems that "MAD" only Encores sketches from the previous season, and if not it's almost never before season-four (aka pre-Stuart ). Other than showing a short clip in the 100th episode, I don't think they've shown a clip from pre-season four since.. well.. season four. I know they reaired season one's Christmas Claymation parody in the season six Christmas episode, but that didn't have cast members so it doesn't really count.

Anyway, I hope they do.. because a really big majority of "MAD" viewers don't know anything before season four, and I've even noticed some people here don't. It's a shame too, because season two is better than the rest (except five), and season three was definitely a lot better than seasons six and seven and a little bit more than eight, season one was better than six. But yeah.. hopefully they'll show some more Encores from early "MAD" so that current viewers can really discover "MAD"'s true beginning (to most "MAD" really began in season four which is why you hear people whining about Alex leaving but not Dave Herman), since it truly was great.

Excuse my rambling :p

Old 03/19/2003, 8:30 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

I know for sure that Queen Latifah guest starred in season two, but then MADtv won't be airing any more live shows until season 9 hits the air. So maybe this "encore" is just a recorded musical performance. Dunno, I'm probably wrong. BTW, Ian, I've only seen a few episodes from season two when they originally aired, but I've quickly caught up since my local FOX station aired old reruns of MADtv until season seven arrived. So that means I've seen lots of episodes before season four, and if you count TNN, then there are only a couple episodes that I haven't seen from seasons 1-3.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 03/19/2003, 11:01 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Ok I'm confused. Does this mean Queen Latifah is a guest and showing off an encore, or are they showing an encore w/ Queen Latifah in it? They better not show that Queen Latifah skit from season 6, even though I found it was funny. I rather see pre-season 3 stuff, because I haven't seen most of those seasons.

My third post and counting. lol.
Old 03/20/2003, 10:00 AM

First choice - much like how Nelly introduced the reairing of "Country Slammer" in season six.
Old 03/20/2003, 10:02 AM

BTW I didn't see that many season two episodes when they originally aired either. I'd only catch "MAD" occasionally 'til season four, (I decided to after being really impressed with #324 for a change). The first episode was.. #112, I believe, somewhere around there. Anyway, the majority of season two episodes I've seen are from when my local Fox station showed them every weeknight.. unfortunately they don't anymore, they show "King of the Hill" instead
Old 03/20/2003, 10:04 AM

Oh, also, welcome to the board, MADtv Watcher!
Old 06/09/2003, 8:03 PM
0ld sk00l

Hey um the Queen Latifah one was the one where SHes in the bar and Phil Lamaar is that Bald dude and he uses all these things that he said to her like "Are you tired? cuz uve been runnin thru my mind all day". lol just saying.!

My Fanfics