Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/15/2010, 4:29 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little. If I knew what you looked like bw, I would probably upgrade this to full on barf (if you dissect that, that actually a really bad insult).
If you knew what I looked like, you'd probably upgrade this to full-on suicide. And there's absolutely *NO* chance that was my plan all along. Honest.

Quote:
That's the best death you could come up with. Wouldn't you want something more noticeable to him and painful so that he really suffers.
Surely being slowly burned alive qualifies, but I like the way you think, sir.

Quote:
I give it two seasons at the most...
Two whole Whedon-free years? Better duck, cover, and prepare your sickbag, 'cause at this rate of growth, it should be in your neck of the woods by morning.

Old 05/15/2010, 10:07 AM
D2F

Quote:
? The twist. It's all done through the back so it takes longer to get to the organs, and is therefore more painful, and gives him a still unobstructed view of whatever your doing to Summer at this point.
If Summer is still in the mood knowing that a colleague of hers is being vivisected a few feet away, I majorly underestimated her freak factor. I am okay with that.

Quote:
all of NBC's other likely to be shit programming was so much worse that they can't afford to get rid of The Cape because they can't possibly replace that many shows.
I don't mean to fanboy NBC because I'm not a huge fan but tell me another network with a better comedy line-up right now than NBC. Yeah we all know SNL is an embarrassment but they've got a solid 3 comedy shows that trounce anything on the other major networks, probably anything currently on Adult Swim or Comedy Central as well. Still, they have a whole lot of hours to fill till thursdays so I'm sure this comedic-sounding non-comedy will find a place, but yeah I can't see a ton of people getting into it.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 05/15/2010, 2:17 PM
Administrator

First image of Sum on The Cape:

Dear NBC,

August premiere, pretty please.

Your pal,
blackwind

Old 05/15/2010, 3:18 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
If Summer is still in the mood knowing that a colleague of hers is being vivisected a few feet away, I majorly underestimated her freak factor. I am okay with that.
She could not know. Joss could be watching her through a sound proof one way glass. That's frankly how I was picturing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
First image of Sum on The Cape:

She looks a little butch there, and why does she seem to be typing on nothing with no green screen around? Also, I forgot to say that by the discription of her character makes her sound like a complete loser on the show.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 05/15/2010, 3:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
She could not know. Joss could be watching her through a sound proof one way glass. That's frankly how I was picturing it.
Not a fan of this idea. For maximum sexual gratification, I'd need to see him burn.

Quote:
She looks a little butch there, and why does she seem to be typing on nothing with no green screen around?
It's MAGIC! Or your average, everyday multi-touch trackpad. Doy!

Quote:
Also, I forgot to say that by the discription of her character makes her sound like a complete loser on the show.
a.k.a., adorable.

Old 05/15/2010, 6:48 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
It's MAGIC! Or your average, everyday multi-touch trackpad. Doy!
Or her character could just be typing on nothing because she's crazy. Afterall she is following a superhero like so dope. Also, I don't see anything on the table so unless we don't know that she has some superpower to see and use a keyboard that's not there, she's probably crazy.[/QUOTE]

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/16/2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
The network has picked up a notable thirteen new series, but it's clear NBC is not going to attempt to launch all of these series simultaneously, as several of their new series including The Cape (with Summer Glau) and Perfect Couples (with Olivia Munn) won't be debuting in September, but held for later in the season.
Dear NBC,

Eat shit and die.

Your pal,
blackwind

Old 05/16/2010, 12:23 PM
D2F

NBC just made my shit list. Of all the things I strive for in my life, arguably the most important is to not have to see or hear about Olivia Munn, and now they're giving that worthless piece of shit a primetime TV show? No. That dog won't hunt, NBC.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 05/16/2010, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Dare I say it, I'm actually interested to see how she fares. Now, when Alison Haislip lands in primetime, on the other hand, that's when NBC and I are going to have a problem.

Old 05/16/2010, 2:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Dear NBC,

Eat shit and die.

Your pal,
blackwind
Knowing how much bw hates this, and knowing that shows that air in the new year have a higher failure rate then shows that air in September just makes this so hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
NBC just made my shit list. Of all the things I strive for in my life, arguably the most important is to not have to see or hear about Olivia Munn, and now they're giving that worthless piece of shit a primetime TV show? No. That dog won't hunt, NBC.
NBC JUST made your shit list? They've been on my shit list for a long time now. Also, what's the problem with this Olivia Munn girl? I saw one thing she did on Spike Firestine last year that was pretty crappy, but I still don't understand what's so bad about her.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/31/2010, 7:27 PM
D2F

Gorgonzola Cheese has some interesting ingredients*.

*Note that this may or may not be an attempt to convince bw that the nectar of the gods is a smelly, pungent Italian variant of blue cheese. Nemesisdesign will not be held responsible for any rapid weight gain or illness induced by the over-consumption of dairy products.

Old 05/31/2010, 10:15 PM
Administrator

And now, to determine which is more powerful -- my desire not to vomit, or my desire to be able to claim in earnest I've tasted glaucum. Decisions, decisions...

Old 05/31/2010, 10:34 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

At least the mold will go with her yeast infection.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/05/2010, 10:19 AM
D2F

Even though Summer Glau is constantly typecast, it's pretty incredible how she can elevate a show. I've been watching Dollhouse for some reason, lately. The first season was a bit hard to sit through considering Dushku's terrible acting and each episode was just her playing dressup and then pulling off some high kicks and/or judo at some point. However when Glau shows up in the second season, the show actually gets somewhat compelling. She's morally bankrupt, impossibly quirky, and cute as a fucking button with her dead arm in a sling.

So at some point I used to be against her being typecast as the weirdo in every show but when I come to think of it, I think something of her is lost when she plays a "normal" chick. I bet she plays one in that stupid Oxygen network movie about the cruise ship and I bet her normalcy in that movie is *one* of the reasons why it probably sucked ass.

Old 06/06/2010, 7:32 PM
Administrator

Agreed on almost every count. I don't have anything to add, so I'll just reiterate, fuck Joss Whedon.

Old 06/10/2010, 7:47 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i haven't even watched s2 of dollhouse yet and all i've actually seen of summers work is 4 episodes of terminator and one episode of the 4400....its such a shame and wasted on someone like me,that i will see her in the flesh and u guys will not.
I should probably watch dollhouse before i attend :s
Old 06/10/2010, 8:28 PM
Administrator

On the bright side, anyone who wants to see her will, at some point, see her. Except me, because there's no reason for anyone to come to Canada, ever, under any circumstances.

Old 06/11/2010, 12:20 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
On the bright side, anyone who wants to see her will, at some point, see her. Except me, because there's no reason for anyone to come to Canada, ever, under any circumstances.
Hey, what about the... Well no wait, maybe they would come for... Well maybe not that, but doesn't Toronto have a tech convention that's pretty... Oh wait I think I heard that that convention is the shame of the sci-fi world. Yeah, your right, I guess there really is no reason.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/20/2010, 3:42 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

MISSION COMPLETE

Old 06/20/2010, 3:47 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

let bw's drowning in jealousy commence.

Rise from the Dead!