Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/14/2004, 1:08 PM
Totally F****able

Default Constitutional Ban On Gay Marriage

Yknow I've been reading and hearing a lot on this lately, and while I am in favor of gay marriages because I don't see how they would be harming anyone.......I would like to know how everyone else feels on the issue...........

Old 07/14/2004, 1:22 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

If they ban it, that is so tatally lame.
Ok, so this country was raised on christian morals, but our constitutional rights hold stronger, and they don't discriminate, neither should we.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

View Post Old 07/14/2004, 1:31 PM
MoForPresident
This message is hidden because MoForPresident was banned from the site.
Old 07/14/2004, 1:36 PM
Only Passing Through

Default This country raised on Christian morals?

You're ribbing me, right?

Waco and Ruby Ridge? Kent State? The enslavement of African Americans? The CONTINUED mistreatment of American Indians? THIS is a Christian Nation? Please don't insult Christians like that.

As for MY thoughts and opinions, it doesn't bother me because its not my buisness to dictate to ANYONE who to be in love with. I have ENOUGH to answer for on my own without worrying about an issue I have nothing to do with one way or another.

If you're happy, Im happy for you. As long as you don't hurt anyone else, fine by me.
Old 07/14/2004, 1:48 PM
Remember me?

my opinion is simple.....all people are "equal" right? then why can a straight couple get married and a gay couple cannnot? judgement is like the biggest probelem in this country, everyone whose different is judged, everyones done it at least once. but sometimes it just goes too far. first it was religion.....then skin color...gender biased.......now this. It'll really never end, and this proves it. Americans can never just put aside differences and its wicked obvious with this "oooh the bible says this this and this" thats just an excuse because they're afraid of change. people need to just learn to get along because theres always going to be that different person, get used to it
Old 07/14/2004, 2:13 PM
Only Passing Through

Default The Bible?

Im NOT in ANY way knocking The Bible, but people who QUOTE the Bible to promote hatred should at the very least get the quote right, don't you think? Or beyond that... understand the actual CONCEPT behind the text. How bout THIS " Love thy neighbor as thy self. " Damn, we can't even be CIVIL to each other anymore, much less LOVE one another. Using ANY religion to HATE is wrong. Im AGAINST religion, plain and simple. Truthfully, thats the same kinda propaganda **** that " Uncle " Dolfy and the rest of his ****ed in the head lunatics used to come within a HAIR of world domination.

Im pretty sure you have all heard of the " snake handlers ". The Bible DOES INDEED mention that. I personally do NOT reccomend doing that, just because thats written in the Bible. There's some weird interpretations of The Bible going around. Again, Im not involved ( nor will I EVER be with snakes ) so its not my concern.

GO **** YOURSELF... ALL of you assholes! Muslims who hate, Christians who hate, Black Nationalists, KKK, Neo-Nazis. **** ALL OF Y'ALL!!! Go live in your ****ing miserable life and leave me the **** alone. Put it to music already.

For the record, The Bible ALSO said that Moses tied his ass to a tree and then walked 40 miles. I'da paid money to see THAT...
Old 07/14/2004, 2:32 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Seems I have an opinion that's unique so far. About the Christian morals....I believe that a lot of laws should not be passed that are and this is one of them (sorry Scorp). It's the degradation of these morals and the ready availability of all things immoral that the crime rate has risen in the past 50 years like it has. It pisses me off that they're doing nothing less than promoting this in the public schools now. I hope I didn't offend anyone else to badly. Don't take me as a hater. I have many friends with this lifestyle and I see everybody for who they are. This is not even a thought in my mind about that kind of stuff at all- it's more in the decision I've made while reading the paper everyday, but the thought is more a moral that I keep "tucked away". It amazes me sometimes the kind of stuff that's acceptable now days that you see everywhere in society. TV, radio, movies, etc. have all contributed as active partners in this breakdown of society.

Old 07/14/2004, 2:36 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Personally, I am not gay, nor do I know anyone who openly is. I don't plan on ever getting maried either, so if gay marriages are allowed, it doesn't affect me. But I will say this--if this is a FREE country, shouldn't gays be allowed to get married FREELY?

Old 07/14/2004, 2:50 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I don't particularly care, let the gay/lesbian people marry if they want. What I don't like to see however, is couples like that adopting children, and trying to re-define the church's definition of marriage. Leave the children & religion alone, that's my opinion.

Old 07/14/2004, 2:53 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004
Personally, I am not gay, nor do I know anyone who openly is. I don't plan on ever getting maried either, so if gay marriages are allowed, it doesn't affect me. But I will say this--if this is a FREE country, shouldn't gays be allowed to get married FREELY?
Why stop there, why not let everybody do anything they want freely....or not.

....yeah, there you go HiVolt....that's what's next.

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
What I don't like to see however, is couples like that adopting children, and trying to re-define the church's definition of marriage. Leave the children & religion alone, that's my opinion.

Old 07/14/2004, 3:28 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004
Thanks to the omnipotent Mystere, I realize how vague this is, so let me rephrase it: Gays marrying isn't hurting anybody, so what's so bad about it? Gays are unnavoidable. Some people will be attracted to the same sex, and there's no way to deny that. And while I find another guy naked utterly repulsive, someone being gay doesn't bother me (unless said person constantly braggs about it, which in that case would make anything annoying). If America is supposedly "The Land of the Free," and if "All men are [TRULY] created equal," what's wrong with a gay person getting married? If no one dies or gets hurt, it should be okay (unless something gets stolen or something). But as I said before, whether gay marriage is allowed doesn't affect me one way or the other.

Old 07/14/2004, 3:38 PM
DeRf

I agree with you on the adoption issue Hivolt. My friend has "2 mommies" and people have been making fun of her all her life. It just puts the child through unneccasary sh*t. I have no problem with gay marriage because people need to get used to change. What's the worst that can happen. If two gay people seal the deal is there gonna be a f*cking apocalypse or something?

Amen to that!

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.
Old 07/14/2004, 4:10 PM
i'm an institution

I'm not gay,but I think this whole ban on gay marraige is TOTALLY against everything this country stands for. Our Constitution,the one we live by everyday,says clearly that all people are equal. So what if they're attracted to the other sex,they are still equal to straight people. Banning gay marraige is going against what we stand for.

As for them doing it because of religious reasons, the state is supposted to be separate from the church. If you're Christian, then dislike it. Dont do it if you dont want to. But what Christians, like myself, believe God is all-forgiving, then you will not go to hell for marrying a member of the same sex. God is supposted to love his people all the same.

And last,as for wanting to keep marraige traditional, how is allowing a woman to get married to a woman,or a man to a man, ruining traditional weddings? If you're straight, then your wedding is "traditional". How are gay marraiges changing that? Would they really change how traditional your wedding is?

Well, there's my 2 cents.

oh hey, this place is different

Old 07/14/2004, 4:22 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
What I don't like to see however, is couples like that adopting children
You've got to be joking. Gay couples can marry but not adopt?
What about in a situation where and adoptee could be taken in by a loving gay couple or freaks that adopt like 9 kids and then abuse them (and it happens).

Adoption is not about being gay or straight, it's about giving a child a better life then they had.

"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 07/14/2004, 4:26 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
Seems I have an opinion that's unique so far. About the Christian morals....I believe that a lot of laws should not be passed that are and this is one of them (sorry Scorp). It's the degradation of these morals and the ready availability of all things immoral that the crime rate has risen in the past 50 years like it has. It pisses me off that they're doing nothing less than promoting this in the public schools now. I hope I didn't offend anyone else to badly. Don't take me as a hater. I have many friends with this lifestyle and I see everybody for who they are. This is not even a thought in my mind about that kind of stuff at all- it's more in the decision I've made while reading the paper everyday, but the thought is more a moral that I keep "tucked away". It amazes me sometimes the kind of stuff that's acceptable now days that you see everywhere in society. TV, radio, movies, etc. have all contributed as active partners in this breakdown of society.

I am not offended in any way by your opinions Mystere. As far as my future is concerned, I Personally don't need a piece of paper telling me I'm married........If, when I get married, it looks like a wedding, feels like a wedding, and costs like a wedding, then its a damn wedding.......

However I don't necessarily agree that this particular lifestyle has anything to do with the crime rate of the last 50 years or the breakdown of society. I think it's a combination of things not necessarily having to do with who one chooses to sleep with. Granted AIDS started as a predominately homosexual disease, but there are just as many straight people, if not more being infected with the disease every day, and what bothers me is people don't see that. They think that it has and always be a 100% gay disease, which I think is sad.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand.........I think that if gays and lesbians want to fight to have that piece of paper that says they're married in the eyes of the government, go for it. I personally wouldn't do that, because it would be a sign of wanting to be just like everyone else. Hell If I want my future spouse to make all my decisions for me in the event that I can't or anything of that nature.......I'll fill out a living will...........Simple as that. Also granted that some children of same sex couple could possibly face ridicule for having two mommies or two daddies, but that isn't necessarily the case in every single same sex family, and it doesn't necessarily mean IMHO that I, they, whoever shouldn't be allowed to adopt a child or have a child using a sperm donor because of that, because IMHO there are just as many "bad" straight parents out there who shouldn't have had kids............

Old 07/14/2004, 4:35 PM
0ld sk00l

I think the fact that they awnna ban same sex marriages is gay.. lol hehe i made a funny!

Seriously. I am for gay marrages. My opinion is as long as the family is happy, then the marrage is okay. I don't see why all these people are getting their panties up in a bunch. This doesn't even apply to them, because they're not gay! So of course they're just gona ban it because they're assholes!

GRR. Some things just make me so mad. I thought everyone in America was supposed to be happy.

My Fanfics
Old 07/14/2004, 4:38 PM
DeRf

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003

Also granted that some children of same sex couple could possibly face ridicule for having two mommies or two daddies, but that isn't necessarily the case in every single same sex family, and it doesn't necessarily mean IMHO that I, they, whoever shouldn't be allowed to adopt a child or have a child using a sperm donor because of that, because IMHO there are just as many "bad" straight parents out there who shouldn't have had kids............
I totally agree but i think it also has something to do with location. If a couple wnts to adopt a child they should live in a gay-friendly place. my friend has two mothers and she was living in a small town in NC and being gay was really not accepted there. She just came here to Manhattan a year ago and it's definitely better for her here because theres gays all around. People could care less. I just think the idea of being gay or lesbian is too overrated. It's been going on for centuries now. So what if you like someone of the same sex. BIG DEAL. People can be extremely narrow-minded and it's really sad.

Amen to that!

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.
Old 07/14/2004, 5:47 PM
<3 True Love <3

Just Cause I need TO Put my 2 Cents Into Everything:

My View Is That Frankly It's Not My Problem Unless I Become Lesbian Which I don't Think Will Happen....So I don't Care What Happens As Long As They Don't Corner me and Make me Choose, Because Really I Don't care about anything so it's Everyone Else's Problem Because They are Making Such a Big Deal about it.

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Old 07/14/2004, 5:51 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I don't understand why gay people would WANT to be "married" under Christian practises. If they really want to fight for the right to be legally bound, they should be pushing for civil union, like they are doing here. I wouldn't want to be a part of any religion that discriminated against those of my sexual preference. It just seems like an oxymoron to me.

Old 07/14/2004, 8:10 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by PitaPockets

You've got to be joking. Gay couples can marry but not adopt?
What about in a situation where and adoptee could be taken in by a loving gay couple or freaks that adopt like 9 kids and then abuse them (and it happens).

Adoption is not about being gay or straight, it's about giving a child a better life then they had.
Well, maybe 100 years down the road when gay marriage is just as normal as regular marriage is these days. But in this day and age, like MOtastic said, its not for the benefit of the child that's being raised by two daddies or two mommies. And the child's sexual preference may be skewed if he's brought up in a homosexual environment.