Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/05/2005, 11:12 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Debra jumps aboard new Andy Dick movie & films new Sierra Mist ads!

Last week, Debra Wilson was busy filming her role in a new Andy Dick film, which I am assuming is Danny Roane: First Time Director, the same film that Mo Collins will be featured in. Debra will be playing a nurse, but Andy wanted her to have complete creative freedom over the character. She gets to create the character and improv all of her lines, all that he told her was that she was a nurse. It is a small role, but she is excited to have that much creative control.

Later this month, she will be filming a whole new set of Sierra Mist advertisements. The previous ads, which premiered early this year and also featured MADtv's Aries Spears and Nicole Sullivan, were a huge success. It is rumored that not everyone was invited to return and at this time Debra doesn't know the status on Nicole and Aries being asked back. Debra and the "Mist-takes" will be filming 12-15 more commercials, which will be premiering in January 2006. If you haven't seen the first set of ads, you can view them, along with bloopers and out-takes, at mist-takes.com.

Don't forget to also check out her all new reality special in which she takes on a very haunted area, along with other celebrities. It premieres October 31st, Halloween, on MTV.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 08/05/2005, 1:36 PM
Hardcore Fan

I really wanna see the new Mtv Show!
It sounds like the show, "fear"
Old 08/05/2005, 3:41 PM
I'm watching you.

I really enjoyed those Sierra Mist ads! They were hillarious! BTW, there isnt any Sierra Mist in Malaysia. Is it any good?
Old 08/05/2005, 4:09 PM
Totally F****able

I saw one of the Sierra Mist commercials this morning.......It had Nicole, Deb, Aries and someone else in an office setting and they're fighting over the last one..........

Sierra Mist is kinda like Sprite or 7UP........I think its good. I like it.

Old 08/05/2005, 5:35 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Oh now I must definatly see this movie. Debra and Mo. SWEET! I've seen a few of the Sierra Mist commercials but never really paid attention to them. I ignore commercials unless it's a trailer to a new movie or tv show, or showing a clip from next week's show. Other cases as well. I do remember seeing Debra in those commercials though but didn't hear what they were talking about. I probably wont be home for most of the day during Halloween and if I am, I wont be watching TV. Just socializing. Heckz yah.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 08/05/2005, 7:20 PM
Hardcore Fan

I think it's 50/50 for Nicole And Aries to join Debra in the New Sierra Mist ads, Nicole might do them but it might interfere with her new TV series because she's one of the main stars of the show unlike her last series in which her character was not on every week.

Also, I think Aries' incident at the radio station might bump him off future ads. Maybe the director will hire Phil LaMarr instead of maybe Mo Collins since there's good chemsitry between her and maybe Nicole.
Old 08/06/2005, 1:37 AM
I'm watching you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl4405
Sierra Mist is kinda like Sprite or 7UP........I think its good. I like it.
7UP & Sprite? I'd choose a Coke or Pepsi anytime over those two.

But, that's just me.
Old 08/06/2005, 10:17 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Thats good for Debra
I hope I get to see this movie!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 08/06/2005, 10:36 AM
Totally F****able

Default Re: Debra jumps aboard new Andy Dick movie & films new Sierra Mist ads!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Last week, Debra Wilson was busy filming her role in a new Andy Dick film, which I am assuming is Danny Roane: First Time Director, the same film that Mo Collins will be featured in.

So is it still unclear or did you get absolute verification yet?

Old 08/06/2005, 11:49 PM
what do you want!!!

I hope she wins the MTV reality show!
Old 08/08/2005, 9:40 PM
D2F

They are really good commercials. I remember when I first saw them I was excited because I'm a fan of all the comedians in it. Glad they are making more

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/20/2005, 4:19 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Nicole and Aries were not asked back for the new Sierra Mist ads, which were recently filmed in Vegas. Kathy Griffin and Tracy Morgan (I'm pretty sure he's who she said) of SNL have replaced them. I believe there is also one more person who joined the group, but I forget who Debra said it was. There are now 6 people in the group.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 09/20/2005, 4:32 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Nicole and Aries were not asked back for the new Sierra Mist ads, which were recently filmed in Vegas.

Not surprising given Nicole's new job and Aries mounting anger management issues..........

I think Tracy Morgan is at times funny. We shall see how these new commercials play out.

Old 09/20/2005, 7:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Nicole and Aries were not asked back for the new Sierra Mist ads, which were recently filmed in Vegas. Kathy Griffin and Tracy Morgan (I'm pretty sure he's who she said) of SNL have replaced them. I believe there is also one more person who joined the group, but I forget who Debra said it was. There are now 6 people in the group.
Sad to hear Nicole is not coming back, but not surprised that Aries didn't come back but I'm a Kathy Griffin fan so I'll keep an eye on the TV ads.

Also, who else is in the new ads besides Debra and the new actors.

But I hope there's an very ugly catfight between Debra and Tracy because of the MADtv and SNL affilation.
Old 09/20/2005, 7:51 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002

Also, who else is in the new ads besides Debra and the new actors.

But I hope there's an very ugly catfight between Debra and Tracy because of the MADtv and SNL affilation.

Probably the same actors as before with the exception of aries and nicole.

Also I doubt there's gonna be "catfight" simply because they were on different sketch comedy shows. I actually think they get along and even so, they're professionals when it comes to their work

Old 09/20/2005, 7:55 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl4405

Probably the same actors as before with the exception of aries and nicole.

Also I doubt there's gonna be "catfight" simply because they were on different sketch comedy shows. I actually think they get along and even so, they're professionals when it comes to their work
If I was a villian on the ol' Supefriends cartoon growing up, I would probaly tell you "That's What You Think, Scorp".
Old 09/20/2005, 8:03 PM
Totally F****able

Of course.......since you are the all knowing Cartman.......

*bows to you*

Old 09/20/2005, 11:22 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Actually, there is very little rivalry between SNL and MADtv stars - they are both doing what they love and getting paid for it. Debra is even friends with some people from SNL, including Maya Rudolph. I doubt there will be any tension between them, Debra is very professional.

As far as I know, the cast for the commercials is the same with the exception of Aries and Nicole.

Old 09/21/2005, 6:49 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Quote:
Kathy Griffin
=D

my favorite D-lister!