Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/18/2009, 8:16 PM
Cast Member
Cast Member

Lightbulb MADtv Cast Update - Frank Caeti

Hello Planet MADtv...

I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to say hello and let you know about some stuff I've been doing. I did a guest spot on NCIS and some commercials, but for the most part have been busier doing theatre than TV.

I have been improvising at iO West and Second City LA as well as traveling a bit. I went to China (Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong) earlier this year to do some improv shows and performed in the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival. Matt Braunger was there too. He did stand up, I did a non-verbal sketch comedy show called Reverie. Sounds interesting, right? It was a fun and challenging experience, reviews for Reverie were very good.

I do weekly shows in LA at Second City with two groups: FrankenMatt and DITKA.

FrankenMatt is me and my fellow Second City alum, Matt Craig. We improvise and do sketch and have done lots of touring and festivals. In my humble opinion, we are really good. Audiences and reviewers agree:
  • "Future rock stars of comedy." --Chicago Tribune
  • "A+" --Charleston City Paper
  • "Sketch comedy at its best." --The Digitel
  • "Nothing short of amazing." --LAist.com
We just got back from the Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival. We had a ball and rocked both shows.

Check out FrankenMatt.com (basically a MySpace page reroute). We are improvising at Second City in LA every Tuesday at 10pm. We are also doing our sketch show at UCB LA on January 21st, 2010 at 8pm. I do DITKA every Wednesday at 10pm at SCLA. If we're ever in your neighborhood of a show, swing by. You'll laugh.

DITKA is an improv show with some SC alums: Maribeth Monroe, Brian Gallivan, and Marc Warzecha. In October, I did a staged pilot called Ghostfighters with Jordan Peele that Marc and Maribeth wrote.

If you're interested, join the group FrankenMatt on Facebook, follow @FrankCaeti on Twitter, and follow this douchebag as well: @BroNumberOne.

Have a great day. Thanks for reading.

Frank

Old 11/18/2009, 8:51 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Hey Frank, great to hear from you again! I've gone ahead and moved your post to Front Page News. As usual, I'm nowhere near where you're playing, but it's good to know you're still out there making people laugh.

Old 11/18/2009, 9:17 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Frank! Great to see you back. Despite the new name of the site, we are still big MAD fans here (with many of us, but mostly me, wishing it would come back). It's also great to see that you're doing good. I remember seeing you in a Jack in the Box commercial a little while ago. Did you ever go to that prencil party at Jack's place?

I remember reading something about FrankenMatt a while back and it sounds like it's a great show. Too bad your not coming up to Vancouver soon. Were just not that much of a funny city out here unfortunately.

Has that NCIS episode aired yet, or is it coming up? I'll have to remember to record it. It is NCIS and not the Los Angeles one right?

Anyway, it's good to know that you're still doing things in this big entertainment world. Hope to see you doing more soon, like a tv show, because I'm sure there's a role out there that you would be great in. You should stick around here for talk. I think you'd find that were quite... Something here when you get to know us.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)