Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/06/2003, 7:20 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S08E25 (Aired 2003-05-17)

Cast: Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir and Debra Wilson

Featuring: Ike Barinholtz and Josh Meyers

Guest Starring: Nicole Sullivan, Wee-Man, Steve O, Steve
  • Johnny Woo's In Da Hood Paralegal & Notary Public Palace (Bobby- Johnny Woo, Aries, Debra)
  • Spishak Ride Along Racer 2001 (Aries, Josh- Spishak Spokesman)
  • Oprah's Jackass (Debra- Oprah Winfrey, Aries- Steadman Graham, Jason "Wee-Man" Acuña- Himself, Stephen "Steve O" Glover- Himself, Steve- Himself)
  • Marvin Tikvah: Father Daughter Dance (Nicole Sullivan- Mindy Tikvah, Michael- Marvin Tikvah, Stephnie- Betsie, Josh, Ike)
  • Bright Smile Lorraine (Mo- Lorraine Swanson, Michael- Kratzenburg)
  • Feuding Parents (Stephnie- Wendy, Debra- Beth, Ike- Roy, Mo- Cathy)
  • Ted Koppel's Hair (Frank- Ted Koppel, Mo, Stephnie, Debra)
  • Encore: Stuart & The New Babysitter (#625) (Michael- Stuart Larkin, Mo- Doreen Larkin, Nicole- Brenda)
  • Aries & Cast (Debra- Herself, Stephnie- Herself, Josh- Herself, Frank- Himself, Aries- Himself, Ike- Himself, Michael- Himself, Bobby- Himself, Mo- Herself)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/14/2010 at 5:55 PM.

Old 05/06/2003, 7:52 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Woohooo!!! Nicole Sullivan!!!!! I can die in peace after this episode airs.

Old 05/06/2003, 12:58 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I will just get back from my Chicago trip with my school in time to catch this one and it will be a great homecoming present. I can't wait! They'd better use Nicole in more than just the Marvin Tikkvah skit, but more likely than not they won't. Why? Because they are cheap. Oh well. It will be great to see Nicole back on the show regardless.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 05/06/2003, 1:05 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
They'd better use Nicole in more than just the Marvin Tikkvah skit, but more likely than not they won't. Why? Because they are cheap. Oh well. It will be great to see Nicole back on the show regardless.
Yeah I hope they will at least give her a welcome or something, but they dont even do that anymore, no cast on stage at all... sad... I'd just die if they would pull a new Vancome or Antonia sketch out of the hat... But I think that's too farfetched, given the state of the show now... Oh well, one can only hope.

Old 05/06/2003, 2:01 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
I'd just die if they would pull a new Vancome or Antonia sketch out of the hat... But I think that's too farfetched, given the state of the show now... Oh well, one can only hope.
Well, that's Nicole's decison; not the show's. Especially for Vancome, because Nicole wrote her sketches. My guess is that she wants her past recurring characters to stay at rest.. especially since she almost never did them in the last couple seasons.
Old 05/06/2003, 2:04 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Yeah I hope they will at least give her a welcome or something, but they dont even do that anymore
They did it for the Osbournes, and Nicole is more important than them, right?
Quote:
I'd just die if they would pull a new Vancome or Antonia sketch out of the hat
Me too, I'd be hysterical. lol! I'd probably have a heart attack before the sketch was even shown. Oh well, I'd die happy.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 05/06/2003, 2:38 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well since they put the Vancome Lady to rest (she didn't get fired from her job), what situation could she end up in?

Old 05/06/2003, 3:21 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Well since they put the Vancome Lady to rest (she didn't get fired from her job), what situation could she end up in?
Maybe she could be the boss for one time, and fire some poor schmuck from a job! lmao! Yeah but they did give Vancome a farewell... Well maybe they'll use her for more than one sketch... I can't wait.

Old 05/07/2003, 7:01 PM
Christina Aguilera

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt

Maybe she could be the boss for one time, and fire some poor schmuck from a job! lmao! Yeah but they did give Vancome a farewell... Well maybe they'll use her for more than one sketch... I can't wait.
I can't wait for Nicole!!!!!!! I don't think she should just be Mindy!

"Well Hello!"
"Oh great, a talking gecko!"
Old 05/10/2003, 9:49 PM
I'm Content With Losing

From the MadTV preview,

NICOLE IS IN A STUART SKETCH OTHER THAN THE MINDY SKETCH! WOOOOOOO

And Lorraine at the dentist! HOORAY!

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 05/10/2003, 10:08 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
NICOLE IS IN A STUART SKETCH OTHER THAN THE MINDY SKETCH! WOOOOOOO
That's just an Encore. It looks like it may just be the Mindy skit for Nicole. I saw the preview as well.

The episode also features Oprah on MTV's Jackass. What's up with so much Oprah? It seems like she has appeared more than any other character this season. This one sounds like it might be funny, though.

New Lorraine plus Nicole = sounds like a pretty good episode.

Old 05/10/2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Where do you guys see these previews? I never see them anywhere. At least the FOX Station here (Buffalo FOX29) never has MADtv previews.

Old 05/10/2003, 10:19 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Where do you guys see these previews? I never see them anywhere. At least the FOX Station here (Buffalo FOX29) never has MADtv previews.
They show them during the commercial break, maybe 4/5 of the way through the episode. You're not missing much, they are only about 10 seconds long.

Old 05/10/2003, 10:30 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
They show them during the commercial break, maybe 4/5 of the way through the episode. You're not missing much, they are only about 10 seconds long.
Ahh I see. I know why now. The cable provider here actually sticks their own advertising in, and therefore the previews get wiped out... oh well...

Old 05/11/2003, 1:07 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

This episode has a bunch of recurring characters. Marvin, Stuart (maybe an encore from the looks of the commercial), Oprah, Lorraine. It does look like it'll be a good one though. Unfortunately, I'm going out of town this weekend so I'mma have to set the VCR, and I'll lose the effect of watching it as it airs.
Old 05/11/2003, 10:58 AM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

Wow, there'll be three recurring characters on the season finale! Lorraine, Stuart, Marvin. I hope these aren't the last sketches for Michael. I'm gonna seriously cry if these are his last sketches on MADtv. Knowing that this is the season finale, don't you guys think the cast will come on stage at the end and say their goodbyes?

Old 05/11/2003, 11:59 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Stuart (maybe an encore from the looks of the commercial)
It is an Encore. It is the Stuart and The Babysitter sketch from Episode #624. I am 100% positive.
Quote:
Knowing that this is the season finale, don't you guys think the cast will come on stage at the end and say their goodbyes?
Doubt it, the only person that has been given a goodbye speech is Nicole. Besides, they are too cheap to waste their time with that nowadays anyway. It would be nice, though. I'd like to see the departing cast get a sendoff. I'd also like to see the cast welcome Nicole back as a guest star onstage. It's too bad that nothing like that will happen.

Old 05/11/2003, 12:21 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
It is an Encore. It is the Stuart and The Babysitter sketch from Episode #624. I am 100% positive.
Darn. Not again with an encore for the season finale. I would've thought they would've pull out all new sketches for the season finale like they did for the season premiere. Cheap I tell you.. But that sketch is a good one to encore.
Old 05/11/2003, 12:26 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Cheap I tell you.. But that sketch is a good one to encore.
I disagree. If they are encoring it just because Nicole is guest starring, I'd prefer that they'd encore a sketch of one of her recurring characters (Vancome, Antonia, Darlene, Lida, etc.) I don't think that Stuart and the Babysitter showcases Nicole at all. They probably just picked it to make it look like it was all new and that Nicole had filmed more than one sketch.

Old 05/11/2003, 1:54 PM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I'd like to see the departing cast get a sendoff. I'd also like to see the cast welcome Nicole back as a guest star onstage. It's too bad that nothing like that will happen.
I'd love to see both of those things happen too. What a waste if they don't. You'd think they'd play it up a little bit for the fans. LOL networks and shows are notorious for making a big deal out of a returning star. In fact, they usually always OVERDO it so much that you're sick of it before they even show up. But of course, when you *want* a little excitement, it doesn't happen. I mean, Nicole's not a huge star or anything, but to the fans of Madtv, it's still a big deal.

A little segment at the beginning and/or end would be nice, that's all. I wish they'd get rid of that damn encore that we've all seen a million times and show 10 mins of the cast members talking to the audience and hugging each other, etc. We didn't get any of that all season long because of the new closings (nothing against the closings...I didn't like them at first, but I do now. Just not for the finale).

Anyway, it'd be nice if they did something different. But I'm almost positive they won't.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy