Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 15 (2016)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of #1501?
Open: Backstage Prayer 0 0%
The CNN Trulywed Game 0 0%
Dora the Explorer Goes to Los Angeles 1 10.00%
#sheandwe 0 0%
Previously on Game of Thrones 1 10.00%
Bachelor 3 30.00%
HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #1-2 0 0%
Lounge Ex 5 50.00%
Ned Stark - Make Westeros Great Again Campaign #1-2 0 0%
Close: Will, Nicole and Cast 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06/16/2016, 1:33 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S15E01 (Aired 2016-07-26)

Open: Backstage Prayer
Will Sasso and Nicole Sullivan come on stage to ring in MADtv's new home on The CW, and introduce the new cast. As the cast gets ready backstage to be introduced, Michelle Ortiz has a ritual she does with her previous cast where they do a prayer. The cast is not into it but they agree to do it for Michelle. As Michelle begins the chant, it begins to take a dark turn, as she begins to speak in an unintelligible language and saying things like "Unleash vengeance to those who seek our destruction" as her voice gets deeper and the rest of the cast is brought to their knees. After the prayer ends, she snaps right back, and tells everyone that if there noses start to bleed "it's a good thing, that means the big guys watching over you (which she says while pointing to the ground)."

Credits: Nicole Sullivan (Herself), Will Sasso (Himself), Amir K (Himself), Adam Ray (Himself), Carlie Craig (Herself), Lyric Lewis (Herself), Piotr Michael (Himself), Chelsea Davidson (Herself), Jeremy D. Howard (Himself), Michelle Ortiz (Herself), Bruce Leddy (Himself (Voice))

The CNN Trulywed Game
Because politicians no longer want to debate anymore, the only way CNN could get the presidential candidates to come onto the network was with by holding a game show, much to Wolf Blitzer's (Adam Ray) dismay. As Blitzer starts the game, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (Nicole Sullivan) already begins to congratulate herself on winning, but it stopped from prematurely celebrating. Blitzer then asks the first question to Bill Clinton (Will Sasso) "What would you say is your wife's biggest pet peeve about you?" As Hillary laughs Bill gives examples like taking the last chicken leg off of Hillary's plate and spoiling Friday Night Light for her on Netflix because he is ahead of her on the show. Hillary's answer was "Boinking Interns". When the same question is posed to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump (Piotr Michael) he says that it may be that he's "too generous, too giving". He decides in the end that Melania Trump's (Michelle Ortiz) biggest pet peeve of his is his "gifted hugeness". Melania's answer is "Whatever the Donald Says", which Blitzer settles for as the right answer. He rewards her by feeding her candy like a dog. Hillary is getting annoyed with the process and wants to get to the issues that face real Americans, but Blitzer won't budge until his contract is up. She then tries to talk about the issues like ISIS and global warming as Bill mocks her in the back. Donald then offers Bill the Vice Presidency on account of how fun it would be to run together, of which Bill accepts. The show ends due to breaking news of Anthony Bourdain in China eating a dumpling.

Credits: Adam Ray (Wolf Blitzer), Michelle Ortiz (Melania Trump), Piotr Michael (Donald Trump), Will Sasso (Bill Clinton), Nicole Sullivan (Hillary Clinton)

Dora the Explorer Visits Downtown Los Angeles
Dora the Explorer (Michelle Ortiz) with her trusty Blackpack (Jeremy D. Howard (voice)) visits Los Angeles, and runs into "colourful" characters like a Gringo (Amir K), a toothless prostitute (Carlie Craig), and a swiper (Adam Kay). In her journey. Blackpack gets tagged, Dora gets hit on, and she is almost attacked before being saved by a white cop.

Credits: Michelle Ortiz (Dora the Explorer), Chelsea Davidson (Rich White Lady), Jeremy D. Howard (Blackpack (voice)), Amir K (Gringo), Carlie Craig (Toothless Prostitute), Adam Ray (Swiper)

#sheandwe
Hillary Clinton (Nicole Sullivan) at the Democratic National Convention introduces Elizabeth Warren (Carlie Craig) to say some good words about her. Warren touts that she is with Clinton, before getting too into the speech by going "urban" saying Donald Trump looks like Garfield, and saying that his hands are like "cabbage patch kid hands". She then starts praising Obama for being "fine" before leaving the stage saying "Vote for this white bitch Hillary" much to Clinton's dismay. As Clinton tries to capitalize on Warren's speech, the audience boos as they do not want to be pandered to.

Credits: Nicole Sullivan (Hillary Clinton), Jeremy D. Howard (Enthusiastic Conventioneer), Carlie Craig (Elizabeth Warren)

Previously on Game of Thrones
A husband (Adam Ray) wants to watch Game of Thrones but his wife (Michelle Ortiz) hasn't watched since season 1 and worries she "won't know what's going on". He calms her by saying the recap will catch her up. The recap turns out to be a confusing mess, with plots about masses sailing into a place, houses changing frequently, and plot details so detailed that one of the cast (Gwendoline Christie (Carlie Craig)) even has to write it down. As the recap goes, it gets more and more confusing. There is one scene where Arya Stark (Maisie Williams (Michelle Ortiz)) and Jaqen H'ghar (Tom Wlaschiha (Amir K)) are having a "Who's on First" type discussion that the husband said lasted 6 episodes but was "longer in the book". The recap then gets into a premonition, in a flashback in a dream. When the wife starts getting fed up, her husband tells her to "just think" which causes her to leave.

Credits: Michelle Ortiz (Wife / Maisie Williams as Arya Stark), Adam Ray (Husband / Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark), Lyric Lewis (Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei), Carlie Craig (Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen / Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth), Chelsea Davidson (Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark), Amir K (Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar), Jeremy D. Howard (Warrior), Piotr Michael (Sean Bean as Ned Stark)

Bachelor
For it's 52nd season, ABC's The Bachelor is bringing a bachelor you have never seen before, Kenny Rogers (Will Sasso). Kenny starts to sexualize the women before picking "the little blond one" (Carlie C. (Carlie Craig)). Chris Harrison (Piotr Michael) says that he has to pick a girl and the end of the show. When Michelle O's (Michelle Ortiz) dad (Adam Ray) comes to visit, Kenny tells him that he has already "nailed your daughter", and starts playing paintball with the contestants. When Chelsea D. (Chelsea Davidson) says she is falling in love with him, but she's worried to tell him he has a kid, Roger's comes in and takes the rose from her hand, retracting her from the show. When Harrison comes in and says that's not allowed, Roger's gets mad and bashes him over the head with a Jack Daniel's bottle, claiming that Harrison is really the one controlling things. In the end, he picks Carlie C., but Carlie C. doesn't accept, as she was just using the show to get her other opportunities elsewhere.

Credits: Adam Ray (Announcer (Voice) / Michelle O's Dad), Piotr Michael (Chris Harrison), Will Sasso (Kenny Rogers), Carlie Craig (Carlie C.), Michelle Ortiz (Michelle O.), Emily Furguson (Emily F.), Haley Furguson (Haley F.), Lyric Lewis (Lyric L.), Courtney Robertson (Courtney R.), Chelsea Davidson (Chelsea D.)

HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #1
In an HBO First Look, Home Box Office (HBO) looks at the actors and actresses who will be voicing the characters in the new animated feature Cinderella Havin' a Ball. Celebrities include... Nicki Manaj (Lyric Lewis) who doesn't understand why a horse drawn carriage would turn into a pumpkin and mice, and why a woman would walk in glass slippers because "girls be steppin on shards of glass and s**t!". Steve Buscemi (Piotr Michael) as Prince Charming, who plays the role very self-deprecating. Penelope Cruz as the Wicked Stepmother, who would like to have her lines red in Spanish, and Google Translated. Lena Dunham (Chelsea Davidson) as Drizella who feels very uncomfortable with the role because of how demeaning Drizella is to women, and because she has to wear clothes in the booth. Tracy Morgan (Jeremy D. Howard) as the Wise Old Coachman who warns that Prince Charming is going to want to get Cinderella pregnant. Kristen Stewart (Carlie Craig) as The Fairy Godmother, who doesn't like the ridiculous lines of The Fairy Godmother. Finally, the cast is rounded out by Tony Danza (Adam Ray) as the King.

Credits: Adam Ray (Announcer (Voice) / Tony Danza as The King), Piotr Michael (Steve Buscemi as Prince Charming), Michelle Ortiz (Penelope Cruz as The Wicked Stepmother), Chelsea Davidson (Lena Dunham as Drizella), Jeremy D. Howard (Tracy Morgan as The Wise Old Coachman), Carlie Craig (Kristen Stewart as The Fairy Godmother), Lyric Lewis (Nicki Minaj as Cinderella)

Lounge Ex
A couple go to a restaurant that only takes cash, as the lounge singers switch the woman (Michelle Ortiz) notices that the guy, Johnny Forte (Adam Ray) who is coming in to perform was her prom date. She tells her date (Amir K) that they were not serious, but as he begins to sing, the lyrics to the song he is singing indicates that their relationship was more then a high school crush. They were apparently married, and she dumped him and their special needs child (Carlie Craig), and now he is working for scraps. Her date, feeling so ashamed that he broke up a family, gives $200 to Forte as an apology. As he leaves, Forte and the woman celebrate. As it turns out, they are both con artists, who bring men to this restaurant, and rob them of the cash they brought for the meal. They then settle back in as the next mark (Jeremy D. Howard) comes in to fall into the same trap.

Credits: Piotr Michael (Lounge Singer), Amir K (The Mark), Michelle Ortiz (Kay Forte), Adam Ray (Johnny Forte), Jim Wise ((MADtv Writer)Guitarist), Carlie Craig (Forte Daughter), Jeremy D. Howard (Mark #2)

HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #2
Steve Buscemi tries to hook up with his co-stars, with Tracy Morgan being the only one to bite.

Credits: Adam Ray (Announcer (Voice)), Piotr Michael (Steve Buscemi as Prince Charming), Lyric Lewis (Nicki Minaj as Cinderella), Michelle Ortiz (Penelope Cruz), Carlie Craig (Kristen Stewart), Jeremy D. Howard (Tracy Morgan)

Ned Stark - Make Westeros Great Again Campaign #1
Ned Stark (Piotr Michael as Sean Bean) pitches that the people of Westeros need a new leader, and he is it. He will increase the size of the north wall, and make the Wildlings pay for it. He then calls Daenerys Targaryen "Crooked Calysy" and says that he is the only choice for Westeros.
Note: In this sketch, Ned Stark is pourtrayed as being a Donald Trump like character.

Credits: Piotr Michael (Sean Bean as Ned Stark), Chelsea Davidson (Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark)

MADtv Classic: The Superstitious Knights: Regional Hamlet Champs

Archival Footage: Spencer Kayden (Penelope), Jordan Peele (Ty Gray), Keegan-Michael Key (Carl Hall), Ron Pederson (Director), Bobby Lee (Stagehand)

Ned Stark - Make Westeros Great Again Campaign #2
Ned Stark plans to expand the kingdom into 10 kingdoms, and put "Stark" on all of them. He then says that Crooked Calysy must have a huge vagina to plop out all those dragon eggs, and when asked how he came back to life, his response is "I have a lot of friends". He then says that he is is the only option because Calysy is going to be rotting in the dungeon.

Credits: Piotr Michael (Sean Bean as Ned Stark), Chelsea Davidson (Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark)

Close: Will, Nicole and Cast Sign Off
Nicole Sullivan tells everyone to tune into MADtv every Tuesday at 9:00PM on The CW, and turns it to the cast to say good night as Will Sasso wishes them good luck.

Credits Piotr Michael (Himself), Jeremy D. Howard (Himself), Will Sasso (Himself), Nicole Sullivan (Himself), Adam Ray (Himself), Lyric Lewis (Herself), Michelle Ortiz (Herself), Carlie Craig (Herself), Amir K (Himself), Chelsea Davidson (Herself)

---

Starring:
  • Carlie Craig (8A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Chelsea Davidson (8A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Jeremy D. Howard (7A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Amir K (5A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Lyric Lewis (6A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Piotr Michael (6A/4S/0W/0AF)
  • Michelle Ortiz (5A/4S/0W/0AF)
  • Adam Ray (7A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring:
  • Emily Ferguson (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Haley Ferguson (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Courtney Robertson (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Will Sasso (2A/2S/1W/0AF)
  • Nicole Sullivan (3A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances:
  • Spencer Kayden (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (0A/0S/1W/1AF)
  • Bobby Lee (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Ron Pederson (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Jim Wise (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchive (F)ootage
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 10/05/2016 at 5:09 AM. Reason: Cleaning Up a Bit

Old 06/23/2016, 10:47 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Ready!
Old 07/05/2016, 1:16 PM
Obsessed!

Can't wait!!!

I thought I read in the original PR announcement that random cast members from the first 14 seasons would make special appearances. I'm hoping that still True. I'm exciting to see what this new cast has to offer...but having a random Vancome Lady or Stuart & Doreen would make my life

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/09/2016, 5:21 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Alright everyone, we are really getting close now. I just found the first preview for the new episodes. It doesn't have much in terms of the episode content, but it's our first look at the cast as a whole. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEt-9R0JKCc

And here is the official Twitter account

https://twitter.com/CWMADtv

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 07/12/2016, 11:08 PM
26/07/16!!

Looks like Will Sasso might be the first host based on his instagram and snapchat posts showing Kenny Rogers and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Will be interesting to see how this works in with the new cast members.

EDIT: Just saw a new pic with Will and Nicole Sullivan together, should excite some of the older fans!

Last edited by funny_guy; 07/13/2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07/13/2016, 3:00 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

They also seem to be getting ready to do a Game of Thrones parody. I'll get some pictures up of that soon.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/15/2016, 12:07 AM
Obsessed!

So happy Nicole Sullivan is going to be in the first episode!!! I know we need to focus on the new cast, but I really really really hope we get a new Vancome sketch out of it!

The new cast seems fun based on the Twitter videos...I look forward to this season!!!!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/16/2016, 4:31 PM
26/07/16!!

Looks like Will and Nicole will be playing Bill and Hillary Clinton in a sketch!

Old 07/20/2016, 11:30 PM
26/07/16!!

An interesting article about the first episode:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...ival/87284074/

I also see Bobby Lee and Ike Barinholtz will be guest starring in the second episode.

Old 07/20/2016, 11:54 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

OMG! We are getting a Darlene McBride sketch! Way to dig into the well MAD! I am getting so pumped for this!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/21/2016, 12:19 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here are some images from the first episode I have found.

Here's Carly playing some Game of Thrones character (sorry, I don't watch the show). I really think she is going to be my favourite this season.

Potir Michael getting ready.

Here's an exciting one. It's Nicole Sullivan as Hillary Clinton introducing Carly Craig as Elizabeth Warren. I believe Nicole played Hillary for the first time in season 1 episode 5. Amazing how things change but still stay relevant for so long. So excited for this. Can't wait to add this to the Hillary Clinton page. Also, interesting to see MAD go with an Elizabeth Warren route. Could be a sign that the show is growing. Not too much hopefully.

Here's Michelle Ortiz and Potir Michael playing Melania and Donald Trump. Donald will probably want to deport him after this, even though he's from America

Here's Michelle and Adam Ray playing college students obsessed about their personal space. Glad to see they are still going after the absurd original sketches. Wouldn't be MAD without these kind of sketches.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/25/2016, 8:26 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

So I'm a little worried about something. I noticed on my tv guide that the show won't be running in Chicago on this Tuesday because they are instead running baseball. Worse, next week the New York CW station won't be running the show because they will be running baseball. That worries me that the show won't be airing in its timeslot in the third largest market in the United States for week one, and the largest in week 2.

Rise from the Dead!

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 07/25/2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07/25/2016, 11:08 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here's a good article from Vanity Fair with some video of the stage set up.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...social_twitter

To add to this, if anyone has gone to the tapings, let us know what it was like. I and the site would love to hear it.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/25/2016, 11:27 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

And here's a clip from the episode that CW posted. Jeremy D. Howard really kills it in this sketch.

And here's one from a site called Mashables that has an exclusive clip from a sketch called "The Trulywed Game". So fun to see Will Sasso and Nicole Sullivan playing the Clintons again.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/26/2016, 3:45 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Here's Carly playing some Game of Thrones character (sorry, I don't watch the show).

You are in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons, you dirty heathen. And also Brienne of Tarth on the right.

Old 07/26/2016, 8:33 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
You are in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons, you dirty heathen. And also Brienne of Tarth on the right.
I think I'm going to need you for the character names in regards to the impressions for the episode tonight. I've only seen about 30 minutes of that show.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/26/2016, 8:49 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

So just got done with the episode. Here are a few things I noticed about the show. I'll post a longer review later.

Annoyed that they didn't use the classic MAD theme song from 1-12. I mean how high can the royalties be since Heavy D is no longer with us? Glad the design of the opening credits still matches the decor of the previous seasons.

Glad to see that the other thing that continued over from season 14 is the budget (sarcasm). There was way too much use of green screen in this episode. I mean I wasn't expecting Spider Man 3 quality of green screening (again, sarcasm) but green screens always look bad on a show like this. The sketch about the couple scamming people was good partly because it was on a set.

Sasso can still kill it with the impressions. Kenny Rogers never seems to disappoint.

Was happy to see Nicole Sullivan back, but was sad she only did a Hillary Clinton impression. I wish we got to see the Darlene McBride Carpool Karaoke sketch that I heard mentioned earlier in the week. Still good though, considering besides the Anniversary show her last appearance on MAD was a quick on stage thing in the Season 10 finale.

Jeremy D. Howard was the superstar of this weeks episode for me. He brought up every sketch he was in.

Overall, it was a bit of a rocky beginning, but I definitely see potential in this group. I think they'll get more into the groove as they get closer and closer as a cast. It is tough for them to start from scratch unlike the previous casts which had vets to help them get settled and pick up the slack as they got adjusted.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/26/2016, 10:21 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

No Heavy D theme.

MADtv isn't MADtv without that theme. It's just some generic sketch show.

Old 07/26/2016, 11:31 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

I guess I kinda spoiled that GoT sketch, didn't I?

Premiering smack-dab in the middle of the election cycle, you would've thought finding a tremendous, tremendous Trump impersonator would've been priority #1. Piotr(?) has the mannerisms and speaking style reasonably well covered -- believe me, folks -- but he needs to work on the voice bigly. Sad!

I didn't realize Elizabeth Warren/Pocahontas was a high-ranking member of the Lollipop Guild. Yikes. Super relieved that's not Carlie's actual voice.

The CW: Officially just as cheap as FOX.

I'll second Jeremy as MVP of this episode, I guess. Apologies for going back to the Trump well, but... HIGH ENERGY!

Oh, and hey, I actually agree with MADfan about something. Pack it in, folks -- the apocalypse is officially upon us.

Old 07/26/2016, 11:43 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Also, the tv in MADtv has been capitalized. So if this version really sucks we can say "No, I'm a fan of MADtv, not MADTV." Pfft, "MADTV" what are we, a Greek music channel or something!

I want to like Carlie so much, but I did not like that sketch with her as Warren.

As for Piotr's (I'm going to be looking that up all season) voice on Trump, I agree that it needs a little more fine tuning, but I'm ok with it. I don't need my impressions to be on the spot accurate all the time.

Also, I wanted to ask, is Dora the Explorer still relevant? That Dora sketch felt really dated. I know that Michelle must have written that one herself, because she has a segment just like that on her demo reel, but it felt really old, which is not something MAD is trying to show themselves as. Maybe it would have been better cut up into three parts, but probably not.

I think the best impression of the night had to be Jeremy as Tracy Morgan. He had his look and mannerisms down. Laughing a lot on that one.

Also, what was the deal with getting old Bachelor contestants? What's next, are they going to get Survivor players from seasons 21-24 (this is funny if you know Survivor. Hint: This is considered the worst stretch for the show in terms of seasons).

Rise from the Dead!