Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/01/2008, 5:11 PM
Casual Fan

Default New Episodes?

SO, the strike is over, SNL has now screened 2 new eps...

...when will MADtv come back?

One fo the key problems with MAD is that it is not 'in the moment' - SNL deals with what is funny that week...MAD often has sketches months old.

I looked at the calendar of bookings at the Music Box...and MAD is not booked to do a performance until April!

And I think I only saw 2 performances booked (though I understnad they shoot 2 eps at each performance)

Anyone got any better news?

MADoz

Old 03/01/2008, 5:42 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

We've been discussing this here, but I suppose a dedicated thread is warranted.

Here's the site MADoz is talking about:

http://www.henryfondatheater.com/2008/04_calendar.html

Before anyone has an aneurysm over the show taking an extended vacation or heading back to the theater, know that, according to Google's cache, these dates have been booked since at *least* January 6th. As such, the Music Box's schedule is something to keep an eye on, but it's nothing we should be worried about at this stage. Beyond that, I have nothing further to contribute. We're still in wait-and-see mode at the moment.

Old 03/03/2008, 4:36 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i don't know why they're wasting a whole month though,seems kinda..wasteful?
Seriously though,i think fox just wants people to hate the show and give up on it
Old 03/07/2008, 10:21 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Whenever the show returns to air, there should be a red carpet segment at the American Idol top 12 party. With Bobby and Arden(?).

Edit: Returning March 29. Interesting that Anjelah isn't even in the cast listing anymore.

--“MADtv”—(11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT) CC

ALL NEW LATE-NIGHT LAUGHS
ON “MADtv” SATURDAY, MARCH 29, ON FOX

MADtv’s refreshing humor and dead-on parodies have made this award-winning sketch comedy show a FOX Saturday-night staple. Join in the hilarity with an all-new episode of MADtv airing Saturday, March 29 (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT) on FOX. (MD-1312) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Crista Flanagan, Keegan-Michael Key, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Arden Myrin, Nicole Parker, Jordan Peele, Johnny Sanchez III, Dan Oster and Daheli Hall.

Old 03/07/2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Moved your post here so we're not spreading the discussion over three threads.

So, according to the Music Box's schedule, no tapings are scheduled for March, and, at least at this time, On Camera Audiences seems to confirm that. Did they really listen to us? Could we really be getting a full episode? Will March 29th be the night MADtv finally returns to form? Oh, the excitement!

Old 03/07/2008, 11:32 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

What do you mean, full episode? Like 1309-1311, without all the encores?

Old 03/07/2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Correct, but without Rice & Beans and the animation as well. If it helps, replace "full episode" with "filler-free episode".

Old 03/07/2008, 12:23 PM
Hardcore Fan

Great! I'm really happy about this.

How much of that material in the episodes that were thrown together in the strike would really have made it to air? I'm convinced that a lot of those sketches wouldn't have. I wonder if the writers will get their act together.
Old 03/07/2008, 12:52 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Ugh finally. My life will have another purpose other than studying and writing papers on a Saturday night.

Old 03/07/2008, 4:45 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Don't get too excited. According to this the Rice and Beans tour is still ... touring.

Old 03/07/2008, 6:32 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Well if we're lucky, they won't air anymore installments on MADtv once the new episodes start at the end of the month. **crosses fingers**

Old 03/07/2008, 9:42 PM
Casual Fan

i wonder if any cast members (we know you're here) would like to let us know what's happening, now that everyoen is back.

...and now we know that there will be new eps...but no new Music Box tapings...

MADoz
Old 03/07/2008, 10:06 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Don't get too excited. According to this the Rice and Beans tour is still ... touring.
Well they did say they were half way through in the 5 or 6 rice and beans tour sketch so sounds like there will be a few more of these, bad news if you are not a fan of these sketches...

Old 03/07/2008, 10:31 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

...and great news if you're mizzimad.

(That said, if Johnny somehow magically disappears from future segments, then I won't cry on anyone's wet T-shirt. )

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/08/2008, 11:51 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Whenever the show returns to air, there should be a red carpet segment at the American Idol top 12 party. With Bobby and Arden(?)
From E! Online:
"Whooo-hooo!

We reporters finally got the chance to get our grubby little hands on this year's American Idol contestants—and, apparently, hump them.

Such was the case at last night's big Top 12 soiree at the Pacific Design Center in Hollywood, as Fox's publicity peeps let the Idol contestants who made it into the Lucky Dozen face the press for the first time...And comedian Bobby Lee of 'MadTV' (a Poway High alum—holler!) promptly lept across the arrivals-line barrier where he was conducting interviews to literally hump Ramiele Malubay. It was so wrong...and so funny."
You hear that? It was wrong but funny. Anyone who doesn't find Bobby Lee hilarious in this when it airs is dead to me, at least until I decide to let you back into my good graces. I can hold a five-second grudge with the best of them, y'know. He's humping Ramiele, f'Chrissakes -- what more do you people want? (She wouldn't have been my first choice, but Bobby basically marches with his own drummer anyway. ) Anyway, there's a little sneaky-peeky of what to expect when this airs. You're...welcome?

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/09/2008, 5:36 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Moved your post here so we're not spreading the discussion over three threads.

So, according to the Music Box's schedule, no tapings are scheduled for March, and, at least at this time, On Camera Audiences seems to confirm that. Did they really listen to us? Could we really be getting a full episode? Will March 29th be the night MADtv finally returns to form? Oh, the excitement!
From OCATV.com:

Mad TV will begin taping March 24th. Please submit your information below and we will notify you as soon as tickets are available.

Old 03/09/2008, 6:10 PM
Administrator

Well, so much for that.

Old 03/09/2008, 6:17 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

you never know, they feasibly could get their proverbial shit together for the rest of the season. Although, even if they do, the season has gotten off to a rocky enough start that even *if* there is a considerable improvement, the general consensus is going to be that the entire season sucks.

Old 03/10/2008, 5:05 PM
Administrator

Ah, but as we know, they don't have the budget to do official tapings just for the sake of doing official tapings; if the theater is back in the equation, you better believe they'll be utilizing it to the fullest. Even if every sketch from here on out is a five-star effort, we're still looking at a good half hour of explosive diarrhea each week, which is still about 28 minutes too much for *this* viewer's tastes (give or take a minute or two).

Thanks for once again giving your fans the big ol' middle finger, folks. We appreciate it.

Old 03/11/2008, 6:58 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

If that's gonna be the case for the remainder of Season 13, then hooray for more bs coming from our beloved friends at MADtv. It makes you feel special doesn't it.