Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/01/2008, 11:22 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Judgment Day: Matt Braunger

Verdict

Absolutely great! I feel now it is a battle between Eric and Matt for best feature, he is doing the best out of the features by my opinion. He is the only one known as of now to have written a sketch, and seems to connect best with the rest of the older cast members better than any other cast member.
I have laughed at pretty much everything he is done. After a not good first episode he has picked up the ball and run kilometres with it. I really hope he stays till the end and comes back for the next season and the next.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 11/02/2008, 12:26 AM
Hardcore Fan

I was skeptical about Matt in #1401. After waiting for 25 minutes for him to end up saying "Saturday School is so lame," I was mildly ticked off. After eHarmony in #1402, I was even more ticked, but after his second starring role in #1402, he showed me he does have a unique ability to nail characters. He was excellent in #1403 and would have been MVP if it weren't for Arden's sudden jump in ability. I haven't seen #1405 yet, but from what I have seen, he is deserving of a spot on the cast. Do it.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the fact that this could potentially be the best batch of featured players we've ever had on a season of MADtv, and for all the small things that they got wrong, they got this one big factor right. Who they keep in Season 15 could be THE factor that decides how good the show gets after this. Don't screw up, people.
Old 11/02/2008, 1:11 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Matt fits the typical "funny fat guy" role, so I'd guess he'd be back.

Old 11/02/2008, 1:24 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Matt will definitely be back, he's awesome. Great chemistry with Eric, too!

Old 11/02/2008, 1:34 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Another thing: that Uncle Ben or whatever character they debuted in this episode is almost certainly going to become a recurring character, so that's probably an indicator that he'll be back. (Though with that logic, Bon Qui Qui would've been an indicator that Anjelah was coming back, and she didn't.)

Old 11/02/2008, 1:31 PM
dfsvrg

I don't like Matt as much as I hoped I would. I mean, he is funny, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think he'll be back. Well, its not up to me but, if it was up to me, ehhh! what am I saying????