Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/17/2002, 8:02 PM
Casual Fan

Default Alex's New Show

Dont know if you guys know this...its new to me

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "MADtv" star Alex Borstein may be moving on to her own primetime comedy series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The writer-comedienne, best known for her portrayal of the obnoxious manicurist Ms. Swan on the late-night sketch comedy series, has signed a one-year development deal with Columbia TriStar Television, which calls for Borstein to develop a comedy series with producer Gavin Polone and his CTTV-based Pariah production company. The series, in which Borstein will also star, is being eyed for fall 2002.

Borstein and Polone are currently looking for another writer-producer to help shape the idea and write the project with the comedian. Last season, the actress was cast as Sookie St. James, the inn's chef on the Polone-produced "Gilmore Girls," but had to drop out after the pilot due to her "MADtv" commitments. She was replaced by Melissa McCarthy.

The actress, who returns to "MADtv" for a fifth season in the fall, also voices a character on FOX's animated comedy "Family Guy" and writes for both shows. Borstein has also written for several other animated series including "Casper," "Histeria!" and "Pinky and the Brain."

Old 01/17/2002, 8:16 PM
#2 of 7

Cool! I read she was working on a show, but I didn't know it was that far along.

BTW, whoever called Swan obnoxious must die... just kidding.

Old 01/17/2002, 8:28 PM
#2 of 7

Oh, bummer... but even if it was affected, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Alex's show.

NOTHING CAN STOP ALEX BORSTEIN!!!!!