Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1417?
Oprah Winfrey Gives Back 7 36.84%
Artie Lange Gives Back 1 5.26%
Lorraine: Phone Volunteer 2 10.53%
Ms. Swan Gives Back 2 10.53%
Kenny Rogers Gives Back 3 15.79%
Johnny Gan Gives Back 0 0%
Stuart: The Face of Albino Gigantism 0 0%
Nacho Hernandez: Phone Volunteer 0 0%
MADtv and the African-American Community 0 0%
MADtv Closes the Phone Lines 0 0%
Closing: 14 Years of Support 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/08/2009, 3:22 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S14E17 (Aired 2009-05-16)

Oprah Winfrey Gives Back
After 14 years of hysterical comedy, billions of laughs, and trillions of dollars made for the Fox network, MADtv has been cancelled by Fox. Instead of flipping off the network, and going out in a blaze of sour grapes, MADtv has decided to help the less fortunate, with a telethon entitled MADtv Gives Back. To kick it off, MADtv is given a check from media hog Oprah Winfrey (Debra Wilson Skelton). However, the check is only worth $25.00. When telethon host Fred Willard questions the amount of the check, Oprah goes crazy, and tries to break it. Barack Obama (Keegan-Michael Key) then comes out and tells Oprah that she needs to settle down. Oprah reminds Barack that she got him the presidency, and that she can destroy him. Barack, seeing this as a threat, get his security to shoot a dart into Oprah's neck, causing Oprah to be knocked out and taken away.

Credits: Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9) Fred Willard (Himself), Debra Wilson Skelton (Oprah Winfrey), Keegan-Michael Key (Barack Obama)

Artie Lange Gives Back
Arden Myrin and Crista Flanagan come out to name some of the charities MADtv Gives Back is raising money for. These charities include the Bum-Stension Project a charity that provides hair extensions for bums, and Mansitions for women who have such bad butter faces, they might as well be men. Just then, a big donation is being reported from someone in New York. That person is former original cast member Artie Lange, who is being broadcasted via satellite. He originally bets $1 million dollars, but after he is aware of a botched bet, that donation is reduced to $50.00. Artie is now going to go on living his life of drugs and alcohol that MADtv helped him achieve.

Credits: Fred Willard (Himself), Arden Myrin (Herself), Crista Flanagan (Herself), Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9), Artie Lange (Himself)

MADtv Classic: The Sopranos

Archival Footage: Will Sasso (James Gandolfini: Tony Soprano), Nicole Sullivan (Edie Falco: Carmella Soprano), Debra Wilson (Lorraine Bracco: Dr. Jennifer Melfi), Alex Borstein (Daughter)

Lorraine: Phone Volunteer
Fred talks to one of the phone volunteers taking pledges, Lorraine Swanson (Mo Collins). Lorraine says that she loves to volunteer. When she tries to get back to her seat, which is right in front of her, she gets lost, and tangled up in everyone else’s phone lines. When she finally reaches her seat, she calls up her son Carl Jr., who is over in Beijing on a student exchange program, and racks up the shows phone bill.

Credits: Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Fred Willard (Himself), Mo Collins (Lorraine Swanson), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9)

MADtv Classic: Obama Video

Archival Footage: Nicole Parker (Hillary Clinton), Keegan-Michael Key (Barack Obama)

Ms. Swan Gives Back
MADtv's long time manicurist Ms. Bunny Swan (Alex Borstein) comes out to give back a condom she took from Will Sasso's dressing room. Bunny then feels she recognises Fred. When Fred says who he is, Bunny confuses him with a guy she saw on Sex and the City. Fred then shows Bunny his wallet, which she ends up taking away with her. [Intro performed by Fred Willard and Arden Myrin]

Credits: Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9), Fred Willard (Himself), Alex Borstein (Bunny Swan)

Kenny Rogers Gives Back
Johnny Sanchez brings out Jimmy Phipps. A kid with finger foot disorder. A disease that gives him fingers where his toes should be. In order to help Jimmy, MADtv Gives Back has gotten Kenny Rogers (Will Sasso) to come and sing a special medley of his songs about Jimmy's horrible, wheelchair ridden life. Kenny then tries to use his powers of Scientology to help Jimmy, but just pushes him out of his wheelchair. Kenny then picks up Jimmy, and carries him off stage.

Credits: Fred Willard (Himself), Jimmy Phipps (Himself), Johnny Sanchez (Himself), Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Will Sasso (Kenny Rogers), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9)

Johnny Gan Gives Back
Johnny Gan (Bobby Lee) via satellite comes on to talk about what gifts he will be giving big pledges. $500.00 pledges get things like Dong Jerky, cat stickers, a bag of sand, 1 Thai running shoe, and a puppy for a pet, or for eating.

Credits: Fred Willard (Himself), Bobby Lee (Johnny Gan), Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson), Isabel Sanford (Louise Jefferson), Aries Spears (Himself)

Stuart: The Face of Albino Gigantism
MADtv Gives Back looks for the most tragic child’s disease. They find Albino Gigantism, a disease in which a kid has no skin pigments, and their bones grow to a gigantic weight. The poster child for this disease is Stuart Larkin. Doreen Larkin is hoping that MADtv Gives Back can give them enough money so that Stuart can be put in a foster home and out of her life. [Intro performed by Crista Flanagan as Miley Cyrus]

Credits: Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9)

Nacho Hernandez: Phone Volunteer
Nacho Hernandez (Johnny Sanchez) and his crew are answering the phones for MADtv Gives Back. They show the number to call on their knuckles, except for if Selma Hayek calls. In that case Nacho has an alternate number for her. His own.

Credits: Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Johnny Sanchez (Nacho "Lil Joker" Hernandez), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9)
Archival Footage: Michael McDonald (Stuart Larkin), Mo Collins (Doreen Larkin)

MADtv and the African-American Community
Barack Obama comes out to show a sketch that reflex MADtv African-American cast in a great light. The sketch is The Wizard of Oz: Lost Footage from episode #519. Never seeing the sketch before, Barack found it racist, and offensive but funny as s**t. He then starts to laugh hysterically at the sketch.

Credits: Fred Willard (Himself), Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9), Keegan-Michael Key (Barack Obama)

MADtv Closes the Phone Lines
MADtv closes the phone lines. The final total of money given is $23,000. A far cry from the $2.5 million they had only 30 minutes earlier. Unfortunately, Fred's telethon hosting rate is $30,000, but Fred has decided to give MADtv a break, and not hassle them on the $7,000. He will let his lawyers handle it.

Credits: Fred Willard (Himself), Arden Myrin (Herself)

MADtv Classic: Coors Commercial

Archival Footage: Michael McDonald (Michael Coors)

Closing: 14 Years of Support
Bobby Lee thanks all the guests, and Keegan-Michael Key thanks everyone for supporting the show for 14 years.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Herself), Mo Collins (Herself), Keegan-Michael Key (Himself), Will Sasso (Himself), Alex Borstein (Herself), Bobby Lee (Himself), Debra Wilson Skelton (Herself), Crista Flanagan (Herself), Johnny Sanchez (Himself), Jim Wise (Phone Volunteer #1), Brian Bradley (Phone Volunteer #2), Michael Hitchcock (Phone Volunteer #3), Ryan Smith (Phone Volunteer #4), Colton Dunn (Phone Volunteer #5), Katie Dippold (Phone Volunteer #6), Chris Kula (Phone Volunteer #7), Kate Purdy (Phone Volunteer #8), Guy Stevenson (Phone Volunteer #9)

---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (3A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (0A/3S/0W/1AF)
  • Bobby Lee (0A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Arden Myrin (2A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Johnny Sanchez (1A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring:
  • Alex Borstein (1A/1S/0W/1AF)
  • Mo Collins (1A/1S/0W/1AF)
  • Artie Lange (0S/1A/0W/0AF)
  • Will Sasso (1A/1S/0W/2AF)
  • Debra Wilson Skelton (1A/1S/0W/1AF)
  • Fred Willard (4A/4S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances:
  • Jim Wise (7A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Brian Bradley (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Michael Hitchcock (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Ryan Smith (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Colton Dunn (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Katie Dippold (7A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Chris Kula (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Kate Purdy (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Guy Stevenson (8A/0S/-W/0AF)
  • Nicole Sullivan (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Nicole Parker (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Jimmy Phipps (0A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Aries Spears (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Pat Kilbane (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Michael McDonald (0A/0S/0W/3AF)
  • Paul Vogt (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Sherman Hemsley (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Isabel Sanford (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Aries Spears (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 07/31/2016 at 4:04 AM.

Old 04/08/2009, 3:23 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

This thread is regarding the final episode only. All other posts on any other episodes will be removed.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 04/08/2009, 3:24 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Only 17 episodes?

And those are the only guest stars?

I was hoping we'd get some more people to show up, even for just cameo appearances.

But this is it. It all ends here.

Old 04/08/2009, 3:30 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well people this is it. After 14 seasons, 55 cast members, and more laughs than can even be counted, MADtv takes it's final bow.

We can now confirm that Debra will indeed be in the final episode. We can't confirm what she will be doing, but it will most likely be playing Oprah in one part due to the fact that Man Incognito said that he saw someone playing Oprah but he was't sure if it was her.

People, tell everyone you can about this episode, because this episode is for anyone who is a MADtv fan, was a MADtv fan, or even watched a full episode one time. This is a television event not to be missed.

And this is not all. With this episode MADtv has it's first episode increase since season 6! Though that was due to a technicality, so was the reason why we did not have this many episodes last season. This is a great way to go out on.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/08/2009, 3:38 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Is Nicole Parker gonna be in this episode?

And no Nicole Sullivan? WHAT? I'm not a fan, but we all have to agree that she was a big part in making MADtv so "popular" (for whatever God-forsaken reason).

Old 04/08/2009, 3:52 PM
Literally

You know, when I heard that MADtv was cancelled, I noticed that I haven't been more upset about any show cancellation before. That was the moment, when I realized that MADtv is the greatest show ever (yeah, I did say that Sarah Connor Chronicles is my favorite show right now, but it's because I like it more than season 14 of MADtv, but when you think wholeness, then MAD is better).

I'm pretty sure, that even though this is probably really good episode, it will be saddest moment I've had with television.
Old 04/08/2009, 4:11 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

MADtv too me is not really canceled it is just wrapping up production for its final season like E.R

Cancel Shows don't air the remaining episodes, everyone on this FOURM should thank FOX for airing the final remaining episodes of MADtv because it is a respected show on LATE NIGHT TV and fox has sense to not just cancel a show on the spot but they could have ended madtv if they wanted on November 12, 2008 and not air the remaining episodes.

Another thing i worry about is that 22 episodes were suppose to air because 326 Episodes was the final production count we were told by David in 2008.
Old 04/08/2009, 4:45 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh over the press releases' title "The Laughter Ends Here." It's ridiculous.

But aside from that, sean brings up a good point, that most cancelled shows don't end up airing their final episodes, so we've been lucky to get anything at all. That said, it's sad to have an official end to the series. We've had a great ride, and now that it's ending it's time to move on.

Unfortunately, I won't be watching the finale live on TV, but instead I'll catch it online or through YouTube. Honestly, MADtv doesn't hold the same interest to me that it did in years past, and even in it's final moments, I find it hard to actively chose to watch it.

Also, I think it's worth noting that SNL's season finale is the previous Saturday, so maybe that'll help MAD out.
Old 04/08/2009, 6:40 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh over the press releases' title "The Laughter Ends Here." It's ridiculous.
That was actually me who added that. Fox didn't put a title. Thanks for the kind words though.

I'm just glad that Fox gave us ample time to get ready, and a final episode too. We have over a month now to get ready. I'm still mad at Fox for committing television genocide on the show in the first place though.

I'm sure more will come to me later. I've had thoughts that I have been waiting to write in here for months.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/08/2009, 6:47 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
That was actually me who added that. Fox didn't put a title. Thanks for the kind words though.

I'm just glad that Fox gave us ample time to get ready, and a final episode too. We have over a month now to get ready. I'm still mad at Fox for committing television genocide on the show in the first place though.

I'm sure more will come to me later. I've had thoughts that I have been waiting to write in here for months.
Whatever happens happen because MADtv is a household name in the tv industry and has served well..

How many shows do you know that Increase in Ratings for 10 seasons?
not allot

Saturday Night Live was originally Canceled in 1980-1981 Season due to everyone and when i mean everyone from the series including producers, directors, writers and cast member, it was basically a new show. SNL was almost canceled in season 6 of there show but NBC gave another chance which is what i think another network should do.
Old 04/08/2009, 9:51 PM
Hardcore Fan

I will be watching the MADtv finale that and watch the show all the way from beginning to end to see what will happen.
Old 04/09/2009, 3:07 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

You know what we should do? We should have a huge chat party on this date. Talk about the finale, the last fourteen years of the show, and any other random chat stuff. It'll be great, too, because as much as tvman doesn't want to admit it, it'll probably be the last chat party we ever get to have on this board.

Old 04/09/2009, 3:24 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

For this episode, I am going to buy a dvd recorder or something similar to that. Tape the episode, and then put it on a DVD so that for the rest of my life I can have a copy of the end of one of the best shows ever made (and because we all know that those damn wiener bros will never release any dvd's outside of season 1).

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/09/2009, 8:26 PM
Hardcore Fan

Now that I think about it, it does make sense for this season to have 17 episodes. 14 new episodes + 3 clip shows = 17 episodes. It was what I suspected all along, and it came true.

But basically, everything RedMal said in his post is true for me too. I don't think any show's cancellation has ever stirred up so much emotion in me. Let's hope this one's a good one.

ps I've found a show that just might be almost as funny as MAD= The Soup. Man, I just discovered it, and I LOVE it!

Old 04/09/2009, 9:18 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

RedMal is right. I have been telling people that this one finale is going to be one of the biggest ever.

I think why MADtv's finale is so important to me is because of how important the show is. When other shows I loved ended I was sad, but I had the reassuring feeling that another show was going to come along and I would love that show. This is different because there will most likely never be another show like MADtv. Networks just aren't doing this kind of comedy anymore. MADtv's demise is definitely the end of something really special, because no other show can ever replace it. No matter what Fox puts in it's place.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/09/2009, 9:27 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

So... chat party?

Old 04/09/2009, 9:43 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

What exactly do you mean by chat party?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/09/2009, 10:30 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Read my post five ones above yours.

Old 04/09/2009, 11:07 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Where would we have this chat? In the chat, here. Where?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/09/2009, 11:17 PM
Hardcore Fan

Really crossing my fingers that this is great and they don't just re-tread old territory with the recurring characters.