Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1416?
CSI Mayberry #1-2 2 10.00%
Bobby's Love Song 5 25.00%
Fave 5 #1-3 0 0%
Divorce Attorney-at-Law #1-3 1 5.00%
Sesame Street: Childhood Obesity 2 10.00%
Coach Hines: Judgment Day #1-2 8 40.00%
Nacho Hernandez Meets Jovan Muskatelle 1 5.00%
Gym Desk Clerk 1 5.00%
Bobby Thanks the Feature Players 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/04/2009, 12:48 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S14E16 (Aired 2009-04-25)

CSI Mayberry #1
Sheriff Andy Taylor (Matt Braunger) and Barney Fife (Eric Price) come back to the police station only to find Otis Campbell the town drunk brutally cut and dismembered. After testing the splatter samples, Andy and Barney find that there is a taste of caramel, nutmeg, and flour, and apples. It seems like it might be the taste of Beatrice "Aunt Bee" Taylor (Lauren Pritchard) apple pie. When they call Aunt Bee in, she is very jittery, and wonders if they think she did it in a rough sexual encounter that caused Otis's death when he didn't use a safety word. When Bee runs clear off the set, the show changes from CSI Mayberry to Cops Mayberry. Barney chases after Bee, and captures her.

Credits: Matt Braunger (Andy Griffith: Andy Taylor), Eric Price (Don Knotts: Barney Fife), Crista Flanagan (Ron Howard: Opie Taylor), Lauren Pritchard (Frances Bavier: Beatrice "Aunt Bee" Taylor)

Bobby's Love Song
After 5 years of perusing, mace in the face, and endless restraining orders, Bobby Lee realizes that his chance to get Crista Flanagan is coming to an end. In order to seal the deal once and for all, and win the heart of Crista, Bobby decides to give it one last try. He writes a love song to Crista called Rub One Out, about how he thinks of Crista when he masturbates. Crista is so touched by the song that she asks Bobby to marry her. She invites the cast out to celebrate the proposal. Bobby, however is sceptical of Crista's proposal, and thinks it is a cruel joke. Crista get's Keegan-Michael Key, who's a minister to preside over the ceremony. When Keegan asks if Bobby will take Crista to be his lawful wedded wife, Bobby says no and the cast leaves, unbelievably angry. Crista tells him that he blew it, because she loves guys who sing songs about touching themselves.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself), Crista Flanagan (Herself), Erica Ash (Herself), Arden Myrin (Herself), Keegan-Michael Key (Himself), Johnny Sanchez (Himself), Matt Braunger (Himself), Eric Price (Himself), Lauren Pritchard (Herself)
Archival Footage: Frank Caeti (Himself), Nicole Parker (Herself)

CSI Mayberry #2
In the criminal justice system, sexually based offences committed by fat old ladies who bake are considered especially hennas. The two dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad called the Law & Order Mayberry Victims Unit. These are there stories. In this story. Barney, Andy, and Aunt Bee spend 19 hours trying to charge up the new teaser to shock Aunt Bee. When the teaser runs out of juice after only a few minutes of teazing, Barney just decides to kill Aunt Bee with his hand gun.

Credits: Eric Price (Don Knotts: Barney Fife), Lauren Pritchard (Frances Bavier: Beatrice "Aunt Bee" Taylor), Matt Braunger (Andy Griffith: Andy Taylor)

Fave 5 #1
Jessica Simpson has her dad, her dermatologice, Nick Lachay, John Meyer, and Tony Roma's Steak House.

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #1
A man is always being told to turn the volume down on anything he is listening to by his nagging wife (Crista Flanagan). When this happens, he should call Anthony King (Johnny Sanchez) Divorce Attorney-at-Law.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Old Lady), Johnny Sanchez (Anthony King)

Sesame Street: Childhood Obesity
Billy (Bobby Lee) has gotten incredibly fat due to the food served in his cafeteria at school. Gordon (Keegan-Michael Key) tells him he has to exercise, but when he tries to do some push ups, he can't even get past one. With Billy unable to do push ups, the only solution to getting rid of his weight is invasive surgery.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Gordon), Eric Price (Caroll Spinney: Big Bird/Vocabulary Boy), Crista Flanagan (Sally), Bobby Lee (Billy), Arden Myrin (Vocabulary Girl)

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #2
A couple talks about the nutritional facts about the cereal they are eating. Anthony comes out and thinks they should get a divorce if there marriage has come to talking about their breakfast cereal.

Credits: Erica Ash (Wife), Keegan-Michael Key (Greg), Johnny Sanchez (Anthony King)

Fave 5 #2
The Incredible Hulk has Thor, Crazy Howards Gamma Ray Emporium, Todd's Shoe Repair, She-Hulk, and Anderson Cooper on his Fave 5.

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #3
A couple, celebrating their meeting every Monday for 10 years when Greg (Matt Braunger)'s wife comes into the restaurant. Anthony thinks that if this has been happening it might be time to call Anthony King Divorce Attorney-at-Law.

Credits: Matt Braunger (Greg), Arden Myrin (Assistant to the Fax Machine), Erica Ash (Michelle), Crista Flanagan (Wife), Johnny Sanchez (Anthony King)

Coach Hines: Judgement Day #1
After an incident involving Terry "Yaminashi" Yaminashi (Bobby Lee), the school board is determining whether to terminate Sandoval "Coach Hines" Hines (Keegan-Michael Key)'s contract. The incident involves Yaminashi being beaten severally by Coach Hines. To prove that Coach Hines is more than capable of pulling off this kind of violent behaviour, Yaminashi has made a video called Coach Hines Ready, Set, Die that shows that shows clips of past Coach Hines sketches from the last 6 years that show him making threats to students, staff, and to himself. The staff decides to take a short recess before making their decision.

Credits: Erica Ash (Woman), Eric Price (Darnell), Lauren Pritchard (Magooie), Ed Bassmaster (Clerk), Arden Myrin (Morrise), Matt Braunger (Priest), Keegan-Michael Key (Sandoval "Coach Hines" Hines/Heinz), Bobby Lee (Joseph/Terry "Yaminashi" Yaminashi)
Archival Footage: Frank Caeti (Tommy Hackenjoes), Ike Barinholtz (Principal Lankenstein/DeShazer), Paul Vogh (Nun) Ron Pederson (Referee/Ken Vandenberg), Nicole Parker (Divitz), Johnny Sanchez (Morales) Matt Braunger (Careco)

Coach Hines: Judgement Day #2
Due to Coach Hines's violent behaviour, the board has determined that it would be best to terminate him effective immediately. Darnell is upset over the matter, but Coach Hines settles him down. Coach Hines says that the reason he yells at all of the kids isn't because he hates them, he does it because his father never yelled at him once, and he would have just loved to hear his father tell him that he was going to shove tacks down his throat. He feels that if this is now unacceptable, then maybe he should turn in his whistle. As he puts his whistle on the table, and does a one leg hurdle over Yaminashi as he is leaving, Yaminashi tells the truth. He tells everyone that all of this was just so he could get the insurance money. Due to the new developments, the board decides to reconsider Coach Hines's contract, but Coach Hines does not want his job back because in his words " My whole goal for coaching was to inspire one jacknut to do the right thing, one time, and Yaminashi just did". When Yaminashi asks what he is going to do for work, Coach Hines said that he never needed the work, and that he is a multi-billionaire due to his assets in the company Heinz Ketchup, and that he changed his name in order to fit into society. He did this because in his words "that wasn't the life for me". The sound of a helicopter is then heard. It is his helicopter coming to take him away. Before he leaves, he gives Yaminashi his whistle and tells him that he is going to be fine in life, but if he does anything bad, Heinz is going to send the Heinz family Cyborg after him. And just like that, the story of Hines comes to a happy ending. The scene then shifts to a restaurant where Eugene Struthers (Keegan-Michael Key) is shocked to see that Coach Hines is a multi-billionaire, and that he took it to a Ho Nuba Lebol. Caress (Keegan-Michael Key) then comes in and says that she use to go to school with Coach Hines, and is reminded about how sexy, and fully haired he was. Eugene is enthralled with Caress, saying that her ugliness takes it to a Ho Nuba Lebol.

Credits: Erica Ash (Woman), Eric Price (Darnell), Lauren Pritchard (Magooie), Keegan-Michael Key (Sandoval "Coach Hines" Hines/Heinz, Eugene Struthers, Caress), Bobby Lee (Joseph/Terry "Yaminashi" Yaminashi) Ed Bassmaster (Clerk), Arden Myrin (Morrise), Matt Braunger (Priest), Michelle Oyler (Sandoval "Coach Hines" Hines Lady #1)

Fave 5 #3
Matthew McConaughey talks about who's in his Fave 5, which includes his girlfriend, Shirtless Clothing store for Men, Golden Boy Spray on Tanning Salon, The Hair Institute for Awesome Dudes, and Al's Liposuction Drive Thru.

Nacho Hernandez Meets Jovan Muskatelle
The world’s 2 most annoying interviewees Nacho "Lil Joker" Hernandez (Johnny Sanchez), and Jovan Muskatelle (Keegan-Michael Key) meet to irritate a woman Shana McMillan (Arden Myrin) while she is trying to interview people about Earth Week. After talking about how Lil Joker road down to the Earth Week festivities by driving his car with parts of other cars, and Jovan talking about things like how Canadians are going to have to play hockey underwater due to Global Warming, Shana decides to get a different perspective. Unfortunately she runs into another irritating character, Bae Sung (Bobby Lee). She tries to cut the feed before he can say his iconic catchphrase oh oh, hot dog, but he gets it over the air before she can cut the feed.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Shana McMillan), Johnny Sanchez (Nacho "Lil Joker" Hernandez), Keegan-Michael Key (Jovan Muskatelle), Bobby Lee (Bae Sung)

Gym Desk Clerk
A desk clerk for the Iron Discipline Total Gym Ted (Matt Braunger) puts on a facade that he is a strong guy, and always says that he can help everyone out, but it turns out that any mussels he has comes from the various mussel builders that the gym offers. He never actually works out. When women come in, he always flexes to let them notice how much mussel he's got. When one woman (Arden Myrin) comes in to work out, she ends up getting caught up in reading an Entertainment Weekly, leaving Ted to flex for 40 minutes. This causes him to get a full body cramp.

Credits: Matt Braunger (Ted), Keegan-Michael Key (Man #1), Crista Flanagan (Woman #1), Johnny Sanchez (Man #2), Eric Price (Man #3), Arden Myrin (Woman #2), Bobby Lee (Toby)

Bobby Lee Thanks the Feature Players
Bobby closes the show, and thanks the feature players, who he thinks are the best feature players he has ever had the privilege of working with.

Credits: Matt Braunger (Himself), Arden Myrin (Herself), Erica Ash (Herself), Keegan-Michael Key (Himself), Bobby Lee (Himself), Crista Flanagan (Herself), Eric Price (Himself), Johnny Sanchez (Himself)

---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (6A/1S/0W/3AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (6A/4S/0W/8AF)
  • Bobby Lee (2A/5S/0W/8AF)
  • Arden Myrin (8A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Johnny Sanchez (3A/4S/0W/1AF)
---

Featuring:
  • Erica Ash (4A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Matt Braunger (4A/4S/1W/1AF)
  • Eric Price (7A/2S/0W/1AF)
  • Lauren Pritchard (4A/2S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances:
  • Frank Caeti (0A/0S/0W/3AF)
  • Nicole Parker (0A/0S/0W/2AF)
  • Ed Bassmaster (2A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Ike Barinholtz (0A/0S/0W/4AF)
  • Paul Vogh (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Ron Pederson (0A/0S/0W/2AF)
  • Michelle Oyler (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Role
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/19/2016 at 1:04 AM. Reason: Reformatted

Old 04/04/2009, 12:49 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

This thread is regarding discussion for episode #1416 only. Any other discussion on other episodes will be deleted.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 04/04/2009, 12:57 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ok, I am going to be really pissed off if I find out that this is the last episode when it airs, and Fox didn't give us enough info, instead just dropping the word final everywhere! It doesn't say that Will, Alex, and Mo are guest starring so I have a feeling that it is not the last, but with the F**ks network we can never know.

Just so the question isn't asked. NO this is not a clip show.

Anyway, here's a bit of the plot for the Coach Hines sketch. Hines will apparently fall into some money, and the story of Hines, which was looking like it was going to be a tragedy, will turn into a happy ever after.

Reading this kind of made me sad, because by the looks of it, MADtv is tying up all the loose ends. We are really on the home stretch here people, despite the fact that we cannot tell where the finish line is.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/04/2009, 1:38 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Ok, I am going to be really pissed off if I find out that this is the last episode when it airs, and Fox didn't give us enough info, instead just dropping the word final everywhere! It doesn't say that Will, Alex, and Mo are guest starring so I have a feeling that it is not the last, but with the F**ks network we can never know.
Finally! Somebody used my nickname for the FUCKS network!

And I think this episode is the marking point; the beginning of the end. Either MADtv will tie up the ends and go out with a bang, or MADtv will go out with a bang, then next year everybody gets dumped (other than MAYBE the 4 newbies and Arden/Johnny) and we halfway start from scratch. But who knows. Your guess is just as good as mine.

Old 04/04/2009, 1:59 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
Finally! Somebody used my nickname for the FUCKS network!
Well I think it's fair to say that it is granted. I mean I know Fox has done a lot for the show in good things, but those are really starting to be blurred by all the bad things they have done. To me, I think the Wanda Sykes thing was the clincher. Although, Fox may be the rarest of shows on Fox. A Fox show that was never moved to Friday's in ether of it's final 2 seasons.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/04/2009, 1:59 PM
Hardcore Fan

Is Fred WIllard in this episode?
Old 04/04/2009, 3:08 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

I Think this is the last Coach Hines sketch not last episode.
basically a send off meaning if madtv is returning Keegan is not returning most likely.
Old 04/06/2009, 2:40 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I was thinking about the Coach Hines sketch, and by what the title says, I think this might be a Coach Hines clip sketch with wraparound around it. Think about it. The title has "a look back" in it.

This is actually very special, because if this is a sendoff to Coach Hines, then Coach Hines will be one of the few MADtv characters to ever get a sendoff. There are only 3 characters that I know of that have ever gotten any kind of sendoff while the person playing them was still on staff (Granted I have never seen a full episode from season 2-7 so there may be others but these are the ones I know).

Lida and Melina
In the last sketch they did have a bit of a clip show, but it wasn't much of a sendoff per say.

Vancome Lady
The last sketch had her getting fired from Vancome again, and the musical number that seemed to say what she had been through over the past 6 years, but this, again never really said that it was the final sketch (as seen by the appearance in the 200th episode).

Lorraine
The only line that can indicate that this was a sendoff was Lorraine's final line in the closing of this episode of "gaaa it's been fun". Again, not an official sendoff.

I do feel however that if there is any character right now that deserves a sendoff it's Coach Hines. Coach Hines was the only character in the new generation (seasons 8-14) I ever thought ran like a character in the old generation (seasons 1-7), as in he was ran multiple times a season. The reason why sketches like Ms. Swan and Stuart had so many appearances was because they were shown like 10 times each season. Hell in Michael McDonald's first season, Stuart was done 11 times!

We will have to see, but by what I know Coach Hines may get the first official departured character in MADtv history.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/07/2009, 8:36 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here are some great pictures of the episode.

Bobby Lee tries to seduce Crista Flanagan one last time.

Bobby Lee sings a love song

That's right, Bobby singing at a piano. I think this might be the pinnacle of the Cribby relationship!

Darnel (Eric Price) defends Coach Hines.

And so we see Eric's first (and probably only) character.

Coach Hines makes an entrance.

If you notice by the image, and the videos I have released, Coach Hines is in a fancy suit. I have a feeling that this may not be the last appearance we have of Mr. Hines. Also, I know from an inside source that there are a lot of people in the last Coach Hines sketch. So many that they had to use extras they didn't intend on using to take up space. Also, does anyone notice that there is a television behind him? That may be to show past clips.

Coach Hines makes Yamanashi cry.

Coach Hines hands over his whistle to Yamanashi

Maybe this is the last sketch?

Great pictures. I have a good feeling this one is going to be great. Then again any episode with Coach Hines is always good. I'm really going to miss the Hines sketch.

Rise from the Dead!

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 09/19/2009 at 2:48 AM. Reason: Pictures Reformatted
Old 04/07/2009, 8:39 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Looks like they're trying to wrap everything up, making the show's end feel more real.

Old 04/07/2009, 8:42 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

So true MADfan. But don't forget, it's comming back to another network next season (la la la la la la, I'm not listening to any argument against that la la la la la).

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/07/2009, 8:56 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

LOL I Am just keeping hopes up
Old 04/07/2009, 11:24 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
So true MADfan. But don't forget, it's coming back to another network next season (la la la la la la, I'm not listening to any argument against that la la la la la).
You're so close to accepting the loss, just push through. Break through this bargaining stage, move to depression. Be sad, then accept. Denial can only last you so long. Enjoy the MADtv as it was, and celebrate the life it had. We can do nothing to change it. It was happy.
Old 04/08/2009, 1:26 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
You're so close to accepting the loss, just push through. Break through this bargaining stage, move to depression. Be sad, then accept. Denial can only last you so long. Enjoy the MADtv as it was, and celebrate the life it had. We can do nothing to change it. It was happy.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. It's had its off years, and its on years, but it was great while it lasted.

(What is with my obsession with big spaces?)

Old 04/08/2009, 7:03 PM
Hardcore Fan

So this entire episode is a Coach Hines sketch? That's weird... and cool... and definitely not done before. Hopefully sh*tty writing doesn't get in the way of things.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, scratch that. Though it would appear it's multi-part, as we know he ends up in a restaurant at one point.
Old 04/08/2009, 10:12 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

The entire episode is not a Coach Hines episode. It's just probably going to have clips from the past sketches.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/14/2009, 12:40 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

If the predictions of what the finale is going to be are true, than that means that this may very well be the last all-new episode of MADtv. I can't believe this episode may be the last summary I ever do

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/18/2009, 3:20 PM
Fresh Meat

This was filmed at the last ever taping of Mad TV (the sketch actually ran until 1:30am due to some delays in taping).

Essentially Coach Hines is put on trial in front of the school board for allegedly beating up Yamanashi (hence why he's in a wheelchair). The TV is used to show old clips of Coach Hines verbally abusing his students as backup for Yamanashi's case. The end will throw everybody for a loop, but as somebody mentioned earlier, he falls into a bunch of money as an heir to a famous company
Old 04/18/2009, 3:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Really. Well that's a historical moment then. The last sketch ever taped. Good to know MadTV. What else do you happen to know if you don't mind me asking? Like the show going to another network perhaps?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/18/2009, 4:21 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Here are some great pictures of the episode.

Also, I know from an inside source that there are a lot of people in the last Coach Hines sketch. So many that they had to use extras they didn't intend on using to take up space. Also, does anyone notice that there is a television behind him? That may be to show past clips.
There weren't *that* many extras. Maybe 3 - max. They ended up using the rest of the case as back up characters - including Erica, Lauren, Eric as the spectators/audience to the "trial", and Arden and Matt as school board members.

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/26/2009 at 7:33 PM.