Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Sketch of #1401
Opening: Obama and McCain Introduce Season 14 1 2.94%
The Johnny Gan Show: Late Night Show Audition 2 5.88%
The Hills: New Roommate - Anitra 5 14.71%
Eugene HNL Struthers: Jerry O'Connell 1 2.94%
The Hills: New Roommate - Alison 1 2.94%
So You Think You Can Dance: President's Edition 7 20.59%
Music Video: Jerry O'Connell - John Edwards: "Viva La Cheata" 4 11.76%
The Hills: New Roommate - Caress 1 2.94%
Coach Hines: Saturday School 9 26.47%
Red Carpet Segment: Arden at the FOX Eco Party 2 5.88%
MADtv Extras: "HNL Bloopers" 0 0%
MADtv Extras: "The Hills - Deleted Scene" 1 2.94%
Closing: The Hills Extra: New Roommate - Anitra 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08/31/2008, 4:00 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S14E01 (Aired 2008-09-13)

Opening: Obama and McCain Introduce Season 14
Senators Barack Obama (Keegan-Michael Key) and John McCain (Bobby Lee) introduce us to MADtv's 14th season, which according to Senator Obama will be a season of change and hope: chope. He welcomes the new castmembers of MADtv, and only introduces Erica Ash (herself). Crista (herself) asks Senator McCain what his thoughts are on the issue race assures everyone that he will not drag racial backgrounds into the election like Senator Obama. The two agree to put aside their differences to make season 14 an excellent year.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Barack Obama), Bobby Lee (John McCain), Crista Flanagan (herself), Arden Myrin (herself), Johnny Sanchez (himself), Matt Braunger (himself), Eric Price (himself), Lauren Pritchard (herself), Erica Ash (herself)

The Johnny Gan Show: Late Night Show Audition
Johnny Gan (Bobby Lee) is back with his trusty sidekick Pongo, but he's disappointed after hearing that NBC plans on cancelling the Jay Leno show. Johnny Gan shows us his video audition, which features an opening monologue, music from his band led by Patsia, and even on-the-street interviews with everyday people. Pongo approaches a tourist (Lauren Pritchard) and is confused for a special needs boy. He places his hand on her chest and is smacked by both her and Johnny; although, Johnny affirms that such action is a standard way of saying hello. The audition ends with stand-up comedy from Pongo's siamese twin, Pangi.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Johnny Gan), Lauren Pritchard (Tourist)

The Hills: New Roommate-Anitra
Lauren (Nicole Parker) is back for another exciting season of MTV's hit reality show, "The Hills." This time, her and best friend Lo (Crista Flanagan) are searching for a new roommate to replace Audrina, who left to pursue a career in bikini-acting. Their first new candidate is a girl named Anitra (Lauren Pritchard) who clearly suffers from a hyperactivity disorder. After frightening Lauren and Lo, she decides to leave the apartment to get her stuff only to be locked out.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Lauren Conrad), Crista Flanagan (Lo Bosworth), Lauren Pritchard (Anitra)

Eugene "HNL" Struthers: Jerry O'Connell
Guess star Jerry O'Connell is approached by Eugene "HNL" Struthers (Keegan-Michael Key). Eugene remembers Jerry as the "fat kid" from the movie Stand By Me, where Jerry's character suffered from shyness and embarassed because of his weight. Eugene mentions that Rebecca Romijn's husband was somewhere on the set of MADtv, and Jerry confims that he is none other than Rebecca's husband. Being that Eugene sees Rebecca's super-model looks as part of a "ho-nuba-lebo," he asks Jerry if he used special techniques such as witchcraft, voodo, santaria and even chloroform to marry Rebecca. Jerry, frightened, tries to leve but Eugene assures him that there is no security in the building.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Eugene "HNL" Struthers), Jerry O'Connell (himself)

The Hills: New Roommate-Alison
Lo (Crista Flanagan) and Lauren (Nicole Parker) discuss Lauren's trip to Paris, which Lo confused for a date with Brody. The door bell rings, and the girls are introduced to their next candidate, Alison (Erica Ash). The girls, timid, are speechless when Alison tells them she's there to be their new roommate. Alison, confused by their behavior, asks if she's really at "Baldwin Hills." Lauren and Lo in a sign of relief tell Alison that Baldwin Hills is over on BET. The girls shut door on her as Alison tells them that they are just plain viking-white.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Lauren Conrad), Crista Flanagan (Lo Bosworth), Erica Ash (Alison)

So You Think You Can Dance: President's Edition
FOX's second to American Idol reality show, So You Think You Can Dance, is having a special show dedicated to this year's election. Host Cat Deely (Nicole Parker) introduces the two candidates, Senator Barack Obama (Keegan-Michael Key) and Senator John McCain (Bobby Lee). Next, she introduces the judges: Mya Michaels (Lauren Pritchard), Mary Murphy (Crista Flanagan), and Nigel Lythgoe (Eric Price). Each candidate is performing a selected dance routine with their corresponding wives; Barack and his wife Michelle (Erica Ash) perform Hip-Hop, while McCain and his wife Cindy (Arden Myrin) perform a waltz in a very robotic fashion. The judges are pleased by both performances, yet Cat Deely thinks that this edition was just horrid.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Barack Obama), Bobby Lee (John McCain), Nicole Parker (Cat Deely), Lauren Pritchard (Mya Michaels), Crista Flanagan (Mary Murphy), Eric Price (Nigel Lythgoe), Erica Ash (Michelle Obama), Arden Myrin (Cindy McCain)

Music Video: John Edwards: "Viva La Cheata"
John Edwards (Jerry O'Connel) releases a music video parody of Coldplay's Song "Viva La Vida," entitled "Viva La Cheata." In this song, John Edwards sings about his political scandal with the filmmaker girl, who supposedly had a child of his as a result of the scandal. Edwards also sings about how his political career is over, but that maybe there's a chance he could still be president since scandals are a prerequisite.

Credits: Jerry O'Connell (John Edwards)

The Hills: New Roommate-Caress
Our lovely girls Lauren (Nicole Parker) and Lo (Crista Flanagan) are back, and still on the search for a new roommate to replace Audrina in the guest house. The girls are still mesmorized over the cheese Lo had on the table, when none other than Caress (Keegan-Michael Key) walks into their appartment unannounced. Caress notices the cheese, and decides she wants to stay now.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Lauren Conrad), Crista Flanagan (Lo Bosworth), Keegan-Michael Key (Caress)

Coach Hines: Saturday School
Coach Hines (Keegan-Michael Key) returns and is charge of hosting a school session on a Saturday: the topic is sex. The discussion focuses on 22 catholic girls from "Our Lady of Incorruptable Hearts" making a pact to get pregnant by the time they graduate. Yamanashi (Bobby Lee) tells the coach that pregnant girls are hot. The coach asks everyone what is so attractive about girls having sex, to which the very flamboyant Darnell (Eric Price) responds that nothing is attractive about such act. Darnell tells the class that a gentleman is someone who saves his "sex gift" for someone special, and he looks directly at a fellow classmate (Matt Braunger). Coach Hines decides it's time for roleplay; he's the man, and Yamanashi is set to portray a girl. Yamanashi, in the girl's role, ask Coach Hines if he wants a handy, and attempts to grab the coach's crotch. Morales (Johnny Sanchez) immediately realizes Yamanashi was portraying a girl named Jessica Vilanney. Coach Hines proceeds to the chalkboard to talk about what will happen if the students end up getting girls pregnant which leads to an emotional recollection of his father paying little to no attention to him as a child. A student barges in saying that the girl Jessica is giving free handjobs, to which the entire class leaves minus Darnell.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Coach Hines), Bobby Lee (Yamanashi), Eric Price (Darnell), Johnny Sanchez (Morales), Matt Braunger (Student)

Red Carpet Segment: Arden at the FOX Eco Party
Arden Myrin shares with the audience her evening on the red carpet of the FOX ECO PARTY, running into varios stars from Fox shows such Seth McFarlane, Spike Ferestein, Niecy Nashy, and even Jerry O'Connell. Arden tries asking each of the stars different methods of recycling, including kissing other girls to preserve make up.

Credits: Arden Myrin (herself)

MADtv Extras: "HNL" Bloopers
Bloopers from the "HNL" sketch are shown in with Eugene (Keegan-Michael Key) is shown trying to get Jerry O'Connell (himself) to say "ho-nuba-lebo."

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Eugene "HNL" Struthers), Jerry O'Connell (himself)

MADtv Extras: "The Hills - Deleted Scene"
Caress (Keegan-Michael Key) talks to Lauren (Nicole Parker) and Lo (Crista Flanagan) about Heidi and Spencer. She tells them that since the two always do something negative, Lauren and Lo should cut them out of their lives with a knife. She questions why Lo barely speaks, to which Lauren responds saying that Lo isn't used to being on reality television. Lo tells Caress she's like reality tv but doesn't want to talk badly about anyone. Caress interjects by saying that they should continue discussing her plan to stab Heidi and Spencer. Lauren comments on Caress having nice legs, and Caress shares that her legs are her prized-possessions. Lauren wonders how Caress has such firm legs, and Caress tells the girls that sometimes she would be working. At that point, the police would come and she would run; that's her form of exercise. Running allows for her legs to get built, however before Caress can continue, Keegan breaks out of character after stuttering saying he has Elmer Fudd's disease. This causes Nicole and Crista to break out of character as well.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Lauren Conrad), Crista Flanagan (Lo Bosworth), Keegan-Michael Key (Caress)

Closing: Bobby and The Cast/The Hills Outtakes
Bobby closes the 14th season premiere and thanks Jerry O'Connell for helping them launch the premiere. Outtakes from the Anitra portion of "The Hills" sketch are show with her trying to get back into the apartment.

Credits: Bobby Lee (himself) Crista Flanagan (herself), Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Arden Myrin (herself), Nicole Parker (herself), Johnny Sanchez (himself), Erica Ash (herself), Matt Braunger (himself), Eric Price (himself), Lauren Pritchard (herself)
---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (6A/3S/0W)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (6A/2S/0W)
  • Bobby Lee (4A/3S/0W)
  • Arden Myrin (3A/0S/0W)
  • Nicole Parker (5A/3S/0W)
  • Johnny Sanchez (2A/0S/0W)
Featuring:
  • Erica Ash (3A/0S/0W)
  • Matt Braunger (1A/0S/0W)
  • Eric Price (3A/0S/0W)
  • Lauren Pritchard (4A/0S/0W)
Special Appearances:
  • Jerry O'Connell
---

Legend:
  • (A)cting Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Role
---

As always, don't forget to submit your full review, vote for your favorite sketch, and rank this episode using our forum's thread rating feature. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Last edited by JustG; 09/16/2008 at 6:37 PM.

Old 08/31/2008, 5:10 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Wow, all of the cast is in the skit? Although I won't be able to catch it first hand on TV over at my side, I'm really hyped up for this!

Old 08/31/2008, 12:37 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Wow, all of the cast is in the skit?
I don't think so edk. I think they were just listing off the cast list.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 08/31/2008, 3:55 PM
FormerMarine

I was at the taping and everyone was in it but Johnny and Matt. Also there are pics up at the LA Times hollywood backlot website. I'm biased but Nicole looks really hot.
Old 08/31/2008, 4:38 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
I was at the taping and everyone was in it but Johnny and Matt. Also there are pics up at the LA Times hollywood backlot website. I'm biased but Nicole looks really hot.
I'm so jealous, wish I was in California to go see a taping. Did they do any recurring characters!?!?!?!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 08/31/2008, 5:41 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Confirmed sketches:

So You Think You Can Dance: Presidential Edition (Nicole- Cat Deeley, Keegan- Barack Obama, Erica- Michelle Obama, Bobby- John McCain, Arden- Cindy McCain, Eric- Nigel Lythgoe, Lauren, Crista)

Music Video: John Edwards "Viva La Cheata" (Jerry O'Connell- John Edwards)

Old 08/31/2008, 5:52 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

At least we are getting stars from FOX network and i want to see some Hills Parody happen this year too.
Old 08/31/2008, 5:55 PM
Obsessed!

I'm really excited for the premiere! I just hope Nicole will do another Disney Girl before she leaves! And that Wendy Walker comes back. Also Arden said in an interview during the off season between 12 - 13 that she wasnted to do Victoria Adams.....I really hope she does this season! And with all the old 90's bands doing reunion tours: Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, etc. they could do some great sketches!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/01/2008, 7:14 AM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Confirmed sketches:

So You Think You Can Dance: Presidential Edition (Nicole- Cat Deeley, Keegan- Barack Obama, Erica- Michelle Obama, Bobby- John McCain, Arden- Cindy McCain, Eric- Nigel Lythgoe, Lauren, Crista)

Music Video: John Edwards "Viva La Cheata" (Jerry O'Connell- John Edwards)
LOL! I love "Viva la Vida!" This should be hilarious...and Eric as NIGEL LYTHGOE...this I gotta see! Thanks for the info, Dartanian!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 09/01/2008, 10:52 AM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
Also there are pics up at the LA Times hollywood backlot website.
Thanks! I loved those pics! What was the taping like?

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 09/02/2008, 4:16 PM
n4yr

I wonder what sketch they'll have for the season opener, nothing will ever top Lady MADtv but I'd like to see something just as good that had the entire cast in it and it somehow relates to the show itself, I just hope thay dont open it with the Dancing With the Stars parody. I also want to see the entire cast do a show open on stage with this episode.

I'd also like to see all the feature players make their debut in the premier and then use them in virtually every epsiode throughout the season like they did in season 11.

Old 09/02/2008, 5:21 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I'm guessing Crista is going to be Mary Murphy. They have some similar features, and I could see Crista pulling off a good Mary scream. One of my friends made it to the top four this past summer season, so I sat through a good amount of So You Think You Can Dance watching her perform. I have high hopes for this sketch and the description gives me more hope. Don't be a Season 13, Season 14.
Old 09/03/2008, 12:39 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I have no idea who is Mary Murphy, but for Crista's sake I'll check her out !

Old 09/06/2008, 2:30 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I just saw Jerry O'Connell on Conan. He was pretty funny (a little wild and a troublemaker), I can't wait to see what he is going to do.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/06/2008, 6:40 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Guest stars are always good to watch and look out for. Yow!

Old 09/06/2008, 7:04 AM
Fresh Meat

Here are a couple of pictures of Jerry O'Connell on the show.
http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main...=1z2z2z100z7z6
Old 09/06/2008, 8:41 AM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by valu View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of Jerry O'Connell on the show.
http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main...=1z2z2z100z7z6
Thanks for the link, valu!

Old 09/06/2008, 10:26 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

JERRY O’CONNELL TO GUEST-STAR ON SEASON PREMIERE OF “MADtv” SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, ON FOX

Jerry O’Connell, star of the new FOX comedy DO NOT DISTURB, will make a special appearance on the season premiere of MADtv airing Saturday, Sept. 13 (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT) on FOX. O’Connell will spoof Senator John Edwards in “Viva La Cheata,” a music video parody of Coldplay’s hit song “Viva La Vida.” Also on the 14th season premiere, MADtv cast member Keegan-Michael Key returns as “Fauxbama,” newcomer Erica Ash unveils her “Michelle Obama,” and returning cast members Bobby Lee and Arden Myrin will premiere their own versions of “John and Cindy McCain.”

With an impressive body of work that encompasses film and television, Jerry O’Connell is one of Hollywood’s most versatile and sought-after talents. O’Connell currently stars as “Neal,” the general manager of The Inn, one of New York City’s hottest and hippest hotels on the new FOX comedy DO NOT DISTURB. He recently completed filming the thriller “Obsessed” opposite Beyoncé Knowles and Ali Larter. His other film credits include the comedy “Yours, Mine and Ours” and the independent films “Man About Town” with Ben Affleck and “Room 6” with Christine Taylor. O’Connell starred on the comedy series “Carpoolers” and previously starred on the drama “Crossing Jordan” for six seasons as “Detective Woody Hoyt,” a character that crossed-over to the show “Las Vegas.” His other television credits include the series “Sliders,” the television movie “What the Deaf Man Heard” and the miniseries “The '60s.”

MADtv’s edgy comedy has made this award-winning sketch comedy show a FOX Saturday-night staple. Noted for its signature characters, celebrity impersonations and biting pop-culture commentaries, MADtv welcomes returning cast members Bobby Lee, Nicole Parker, Keegan-Michael Key, Arden Myrin, Crista Flanagan and Johnny Sanchez. The late-night comedy will introduce Erica Ash, Matt Braunger, Eric Price and Lauren Pritchard as featured cast members this season. The returning cast has created such wildly popular characters as Lee’s “Johnny Gan” and “Blind Kung Fu Master,” Parker’s “Hillary Clinton” and “Britney Spears,” Key’s “Coach Hines” and “Fauxbama,” Myrin’s “Jillian Barberie,” Flanagan’s “LuAnn” and Sanchez’s “Nacho.”

MADtv is a production of QDe. The executive producers are David Salzman, Quincy Jones and John Crane.

Old 09/06/2008, 11:45 AM
n4yr

Any info yet on whether John Crane is still head writer and if Bruce Leddy is still the head director?? Just curious is all

Old 09/06/2008, 2:57 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planned Disaster View Post
Any info yet on whether John Crane is still head writer and if Bruce Leddy is still the head director?? Just curious is all
On the fact's sheet on the FoxFlash site, John Crane is still mentioned, so I am pretty sure he's still there.
I am really angry because I am going to have to miss the first episode due to planned events that I have no control of. I can tape it, but still it won't be the same as watching it moment by moment.

Rise from the Dead!