Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/15/2007, 10:13 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVolt View Post
Ohh, I see. When is that gonna air?
October 6th, I think? Somewhere around there. Next week is TV shows, the week after is pop culture, then characters.

Old 09/15/2007, 10:19 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I think that's the "Best of..." episode Susan Surandon is hosting in a few weeks because on their site it said something about MADtv's Most Wanted featuring Ms. Swan and Lorraine.

I don't know I was slightly entertained by this compilation of course they could have picked stronger sketches, like Oprah or Dr. Phil: we all know lives were ruined on their shows haha. And yeah the only one that I thought was truly worthy of being considered a best of was the flashlight sketch from S11. I will say this much though; I was very happy to see that they included footage with the more recent cast like Keegan Jordan (even though in a bigbird costume) and Crista and not just dedicating an entire episode to footage of Alex Will Mo and Nicole Sullivan (even though I love them, the newer cast members needs some love too).
Old 09/15/2007, 10:20 PM
zlolz

I agree it was a nice mix cast-wise, but I hardly saw any Nicole Sullivan, and the earliest they went was Season 5.

Anyway, here's the sketches that they showed tonight...let me know if i'm missing anything.

The Wizard of Oz Lost Footage (#519)
Flashlights/No Batteries Included (#1119)
UPS: What Brown Can Do For You (#91_(?) )
RU486 Pill (#1206)
Zaraputer Home Movies (#523)
Music Video: Hot In Here (#803)
Sesame Street: Bird Flu (#1108)
John Madden's Birdhouse (#1013)
A Football Thing (#905(?) )
Brian's Secret Skill (#702)

Old 09/15/2007, 10:22 PM
Hardcore Fan

Best Sketch of the first episode was easily the "Wizard Of Oz" parody and the worse was easily the one with Ike and Seth from Season 8.

I'm also gonna see the Schindler List's sketch from MADtv.com. It's probaly better than most of the sketches from Season 7 to Season 12
Old 09/15/2007, 10:25 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
Best Sketch of the first episode was easily the "Wizard Of Oz" parody and the worse was easily the one with Ike and Seth from Season 8.
Actually, it's Ike and Josh, and it's from Season 9.

Old 09/15/2007, 10:26 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Yeah, WTF is Seth?

Old 09/15/2007, 10:28 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Yeah, WTF is Seth?
Seth Meyers, Josh's brothers. Cartman is seeing SNL behind our backs!

Old 09/15/2007, 10:29 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

MADtv.S13E01.PDTV.XViD-STFU

That was quick.

Old 09/15/2007, 11:31 PM
Obsessed!

I disagree with a lot of you...I loved the sketches that they picked, they were all funny. I really loved the one with Nicole and her daughter.....that was halarious. It was a great show....of course they could of have picked better sketches, but I thought they did a pretty good job! I can't wait to see the next ones! And they did advertize during the show about the new season! That seems like a good sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/15/2007, 11:52 PM
Bender: still great

Alright, in addition to the sketches that appeared (Rurry, your letter bomb is coming in the mail), I also put the episode numbers each sketch appeared in, simply as a "reference guide", of sorts.

Old 09/16/2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Good thinking, Cag. In fact, while you're at it, link the episode numbers back to their corresponding threads as well. Hover your mouse over one of the "Recent Episodes" links on the sidebar to see our easy episode linking format.

On another note, don't forget to use the thread rating feature to rate each episode.

Old 09/16/2007, 12:20 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Sorry, I really don't have much to say about this episode. The wraparound stuff with Nicole was all right, but I was hardly jumping out of my seat. O.K., well, when Nicole danced on the pole, Mr. Happy jumped out of his seat...or my crotch...or fly...or....Anyway, nothing before S5...booooooooo. (And the award for most unnecessary trailing periods in a sentence goes to....) Still, I'm glad that the "Flashlights" sketch was included. I know that everyone and his Uncle Ant loves the "Wizard of Oz" sketch, but I for one want to land a house on it. It's bad enough that it's so highly overrated to begin with; and after the googolplexth airing, I suddenly feel the urge to strangle a sweet, old lady.

"We can dig it!"
Old 09/16/2007, 12:37 AM

Are these "best of" clip shows really gonna be counted as part of season 13? That seems kind of odd. Is FOX officially calling this the premiere of season 13? IMO I wouldn't start calling it season 13 until November when the actual episodes start. (why are the REAL episodes starting so late this year anyway?)
Old 09/16/2007, 10:30 AM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
I know that everyone and his Uncle Ant loves the "Wizard of Oz" sketch, but I for one want to land a house on it. It's bad enough that it's so highly overrated to begin with;
I like that one...but I wish they would of shown "The Wizard of Odd" or "The Wizard of Oz Alternate Ending"

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/16/2007, 11:19 AM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I like that one...but I wish they would of shown "The Wizard of Odd" or "The Wizard of Oz Alternate Ending"
Well, as badly overplayed as the lost footage sketch is (this makes the 4th time it has appeared, plus the clip they showed on the 200th episode), it IS also one of the most influential MAD sketches ever made.

Old 09/16/2007, 11:19 AM
zlolz

Am I the only one who wanted to throw up when they saw a "Best of MADtv" icon on that god-awful Ike and Josh sketch? -_-

Anyway, even if the Wizard of Oz Lost Footage has only been shown about four thousand times, it definitely is Best-Of material IMO. That and the Bird Flu sketch, and maybe the Flashlights sketch, were, like I said, the only ones that deserve to be on a Best-Of line-up.

Old 09/16/2007, 11:49 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Yeah the Josh & Ike sketch made me wanna heave when I origianlly saw it, and no different this time...

Old 09/16/2007, 1:06 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVolt View Post
Yeah the Josh & Ike sketch made me wanna heave when I origianlly saw it, and no different this time...
Homophobia!

Anyway, I don't know what to think about this. It was cool how they incorporated Nicole into this (and she was lookin hot, too ), but I wish they would have added some of the other cast members too. Maybe they'll do it in the next episodes (I could see Arden in the Perez Hilton one, and maybe Micheal in the Susan Surandon one).

Old 09/16/2007, 6:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
I know that everyone and his Uncle Ant loves the "Wizard of Oz" sketch, but I for one want to land a house on it. It's bad enough that it's so highly overrated to begin with; and after the googolplexth airing, I suddenly feel the urge to strangle a sweet, old lady.
For possibly the first time ever (where's cartman's history thread when you need it?), I'm actually going to agree with you here. "Who's the wizard!?" cracks me up every time, but the rest of the sketch hardly qualifies as "best of" material. In fact, of everything that aired last night, Sesame Street was the only worthwhile inclusion in my books, and even then, I would've chosen the "MyPlace" one instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperQ View Post
Are these "best of" clip shows really gonna be counted as part of season 13? That seems kind of odd. Is FOX officially calling this the premiere of season 13?
http://fox.com/schedule/showinfo/madtv/md_1301.htm

Seems silly to me as well, but what can you do?

Quote:
(why are the REAL episodes starting so late this year anyway?)
Budget constraints. Starting later in the year cuts down on studio rental fees, and the cost benefits of taping fewer episodes are obvious.

Old 09/16/2007, 7:21 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
For possibly the first time ever (where's cartman's history thread when you need it?), I'm actually going to agree with you here.
You too, huh? I knew I wasn't the only person who thought he was wrong all the time!