Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1222?
Open: Season Ending Cliffhangers 3 18.75%
Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl 0 0%
King Henry: Fast Food 2 12.50%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #1 3 18.75%
Church Roast 3 18.75%
Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song 5 31.25%
I Shouldn't Be Alive 0 0%
Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership 0 0%
Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong Il's Dog, Kim Jong Gae 0 0%
Crafty Gals: Video Store 2 0 0%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #2 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/14/2007, 3:15 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S12E22 (Aired 2007-05-19)

Season-Ending Cliffhangers
Jordan Peele opens the show and tells everyone that it is the last episode of the season and that MADtv will not have any cliffhangers or reveals to end the season. Jordan then turns to Crista Flanagan next to him who is crying. Crista then tells Jordan that she is pregnant with one of the cast memberís babies and says that she can't reveal whose baby it is until the paternity test comes back next season. Ike Barinholtz then comes running in bloody and screaming saying that he killed a cast member in a fit of rage and due to the injuries they will not know who it is until next season. Frank Caeti then comes in and says that there is something under the stage and he is going to look for it next season. When Jordan says that he has had enough, Nicole Randall Johnson comes in and says that isn't something the real Jordan would say. Crista then demands to know where Jordan is, before a voice over goes through all there situations and says all will be revealed next season on MADtv.

Credits: Jordan Peele (himself), Crista Flanagan (herself), Ike Barinholtz (Himself), Frank Caeti (Himself), Nicole Randall Johnson (herself)

Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl
The evil wizard Galvadahl (Keegan-Michael Key) is looking for the Necklace of Omnipotence, and with the capture of the princess Myleen (Arden Myrin) he is now closer. When the princess tells Galvadahl of a warrior that will come to save her, the Blind King Fu Master (Bobby Lee) enters with the necklace, but falls down the spiral staircase. He then pulls out what he believes to be a sword to defeat Galvadahl but in truth is a Swiffer Duster. He then uses the necklace to become invisible, but it doesn't work, and he just makes a fool out of himself. When he realizes that he is not invisible he uses his staff to attack him, but instead attacks the princess. When she says she is a woman he goes to inspect and starts feeling her up. Before he can get down her shirt, Galvadahl stops him saying that he is creeping him out. The princess then tells the Blind Kung Fu Master to just throw the necklace into the lava. Galvadahl does nothing to stop him as he is sure he will never find it, but as he gets closer, fear strikes Galvadahl and he runs to stop him, but it is too late. The Blind Kung Fu Master drops the necklace in and Galvadahl melts away.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Galvadahl), Arden Myrin (Myleen), Bobby Lee (the Blind Kung Fu Master)

King Henry: Fast Food
King Henry (Michael McDonald) is now working at Burger King so he can have some extra spending money. When the manager (Ike Barinholtz) says he is going for a smoke, Henry's friend Jennifer (Nicole Parker) offers to do food prep, Henry thinks it is hilarious that women would get to use knifes. When Jennifer reminds him that women can do anything men can do these days, the manager says that they still can't write their own name in snow with their own pee. Henry gets a chuckle out of that and the manager tells Henry to cut the chicken up by the time he gets back or he will be in trouble. He then tells Henry that his papers didn't go through so he cannot be paid for the work he has been doing. Henry then cuts off the managerís arm. When he puts Henry on probation, Henry cuts off his other arm. The manager then moves it up to fired before dying. Henry and Jennifer now have to get rid of the body. The next scene shows a customer (Frank Caeti) eating a burger with fingers sticking out. When he asks what's in the special sauce, Henry says that if he told him, he would have to kill him.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (customer #1), Michael McDonald (King Henry), Nicole Parker (Jennifer), Ike Barinholtz (Weekend Part Time Assistant Manager), Frank Caeti (customer #2)

Coach Hines: High School Prom #1
Coach Hines (Keegan-Michael Key) is chaperoning the high school dance. Another teacher Ms. David (Nicole Randall Johnson) is also chaperoning. As Coach Hines talks to her, he starts downing the punch next to him unknowing that it has been spiked. As she tells Coach Hines stories about her youth he is slowly becoming attracted to her as he continues to drink. She is surprised by this as the only time Coach Hines has ever talked to her was when she parked in his space and he said that she was going to strip her skin off and wear it as a "lady skin" for Halloween. When he goes over to the dj floor where Yaminashi (Bobby Lee) is djing, he trips on the step due to the fact that he is drunk. He then gets mad at Yaminashi and then starts to hug Yaminashi and tell everyone that he loves them. He then tells Yaminashi to play a good song that he is going to dedicate to his new wife Ms. Davis. After dancing he does a stage dive off the platform and passes out on the floor.

Credits: Nicole Randall Johnson (Ms. Davis), Bobby Lee (Joseph Yaminashi), Keegan-Michael Key (Coach Hines Sandebal)

Church Roast
A church decides to put on a roast, but they need to do it to someone who can take it, so they decide to roast Jesus Christ. Reverend Paul (Fred Willard) steps up and makes fun of Ms. Detriech (Nicole Parker), a worker for the church, and then makes fun of the cooks in the kitchen because of their heavy pancakes. He then introduces John Lavender (Keegan-Michael Key) a supply worker for a lumber shop. He comes up and says that if Jesus was alive today he would be a frequent customer due to the fact that he was a carpenter. He then says that in Jesus's honour, all lumber and nails will be 20% off. Reverend Paul then introduces father Kevin Fitzpatrick who is surprised to see a rabbi at the ceremony. Not because it's a roast of Jesus but because it costs $1.50 to get in. When Paul comes up and tells Kevin to stop picking on the Jews, they start roasting each other with Kevin saying that the commandment thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife includes Ms. Detriech, and how Paul asked for the Junior High Swim Team Calendar, and Paul saying that the commandment also includes the neighbours son and how Kevin's church is gay because every other man kneels. They then bring out the celebrity roaster Dane Cook (Ike Barinholtz) who says that if he was Jesus, he would do miracles that people like banana splits and smote his enemies. He then makes everyone his MySpace friends and leaves. Reverend Paul then says that they will be roasting Adam and Eve next week so everyone should come naked, and ashamed of their bodies.

Credits: Michael McDonald (Kevin Fitzpatrick), Nicole Parker (Gwen Detriech), Fred Willard (Paul), Keegan-Michael Key (John Lavender), Ike Barinholtz (Dane Cook)

Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song
Arden Myrin brings up a bunch of graduating students for a song by Tori McLachlan who tells them of how life is going to be outside of high school which includes being broke, hung over, and that they should just live off their mom and dad. She then sings of banging frat boys and roommates who practice wicca. Tori then focuses on the valedictorian in the group and says that even with all her potential, she will most likely be spending her days eating lean pockets and watching Will and Grace. She then ends by saying that they will all lose their jobs at Kinko's and move back with mom and dad again like she did.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Herself), Nicole Parker (Tori McLachlan), Emily Wilson (High School Graduate)

I Shouldn't be Alive
Survivors Wyatt Gasser (Michael McDonald), and Isaiah Franks (Keegan-Michael Key) tell their story about how they were caught in a landslide. The event is captivating but there is an even more captivating story about the reenactment as while shooting it the reenacters were caught in a landslide and were forced to eat the camera crew. The event was so bad that it influenced a re-re-enactment, but once again, tragedy struck as the crew was attacked by a cougar. In an ironic twist the re-re-re-enactors for the event were Wyatt and Isaiah who took the job because they thought it was safe due to the fact that it was all done in a studio. They fell into another horrible accident as while filming they were struck by stage object. Wyatt and Isaiah were then married months later, and no longer do re-enactments.

Credits: Michael McDonald (Wyatt Gasser), Keegan-Michael Key (Isaiah Franks), Jordan Peele (Jamar Toso), Frank Caeti (Chance Jakabowski), Nicole Randall Johnson (Rubin Laprise), Ike Barinholtz (Reenactor)

Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership
Astroman (Ike Barinholtz) is looking for a new car when the salesman (Frank Caeti) he is talking to begins to choke. It is revealed to just be acid reflux, but it comes from Astroman's nemesis Killbrane the Fury (Jordan Peele). Kilbrane says that he will eventually be able to cause heart attacks. When Astroman asks why Killbrane would kill one of his own salesman he says it's because they work on commission. As Astroman gets into the car and turns it on, Killbrane makes the car go berserk. When he gets out of the car the dealership owner (Bobby Lee) asks Killbrane if he has a sale, when Astroman interrupts him saying that they don't because he forgot that he can fly. The owner fires Killbrane and says that even though he is fired he still has applications at Barns and Nobel, Urban Outfitters, and Cinn-a-bon.

Credits: Frank Caeti (Car Salesman), Bobby Lee (Dealership Owner), Ike Barinholtz (Astroman), Jordan Peele (Killbrane the Fury)

Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong-Il's Dog, Kim-Jong Gae *Claymation*
Kim Jong-Il's dog (Bobby Lee) tells the world that Kim Jong-Il isn't that bad because even though he treats his people like animals he is an animal and he has 20 rooms all to himself. When the interviewer asks why he has so much security he says that it's because he is head of the navy, and internal security. He then says that if the people didn't love him then why would they have parades in his honour? As he stops to lick himself the guards walk away and the people try to eat him.

Crafty Gals: Video Store 2
Crafty Gals Denise (Crista Flanagan) and Kendra (Arden Myrin) set up a booth at the video store again with the most of the money they make going to girls without boyfriends. The movie Epic Movie is playing in the store and they are laughing about it with Terrance (Jordan Peele) an employee at the movie. They try to sell Terrance things like toilet paper covers and boom boxes with Biggie and Tupac on it. Terrance then asks if they can get to know each other better, which reminds Kendra of the time she and Denise lesed out on each other. Terrance wants to recreate that moment in the Rob Schneider isle. When Kendra asks what will happen when someone sees them, he tells her not to worry because it is the Rob Schneider isle.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Denise), Arden Myrin (Kendra), Jordan Peele (Terrance)

Coach Hines: High School Prom #2
Coach Hines (Keegan-Michael Key) is threatening to take a student, put him on a slab, and do something to him involving a chain saw, chase his torso less legs around with a lawnmower and launch his eyelids in a bottle rocket.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Coach Hines Sandebal), Bobby Lee (Joseph Yaminashi)

---

Starring:
  • Ike Barinholtz (4A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Frank Caeti (4A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Crista Flanagan (1A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Randall Johnson (2A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (4A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Bobby Lee (3A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Michael McDonald (2A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Arden Myrin (1A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Parker (2A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Jordan Peele (3A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring:
  • Fred Willard (0A/1S/1W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances
  • Emily Wilson (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Transcripts:---

Legend:
  • (A)cting Credits
  • (S)tarring Credits
  • (W)riting Credits
  • Non-Speaking Credits
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage Credits
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/19/2016 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Properly Formatted

Old 05/14/2007, 8:11 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

First!

I must say, I'm a little dissappointed that Fred Willard won't be doing his Duke Flickman character. And I was kind of hoping there'd be a different animation sketch than "Celebrity Pets." Then again, they might have two like in 1208/1209. Plus, another fake musical guest!

Old 05/14/2007, 12:51 PM
zlolz

Apparently, there's also a new Blind Kung Fu Master. Coach Hines, Tori McLacheon, The King Henry Show, and a couple of one-offs were reported from the tapings and haven't aired yet, so i'm guessing they'll be in this episode, too.

Old 05/16/2007, 12:08 PM
zlolz

The only info MADtv.com gives is the new Blind Kung Fu Master (eh, the last one was decent, but I still don't like him) and a new Coach Hines (woo!).

Old 05/18/2007, 4:49 AM
Obsessed!

I don't like Coach Hines......and if the Blind Kon Fu or however you spell it master is the character I'm thinking of, i don't like him either. I hope the rest of the episode is good.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 05/18/2007, 10:09 AM
His senses were dimmed

Well I have to tape this one because I am going to the US of A for the long weekend! I have to remember because I missed the last new episode

I hope Aries closes this episode though...

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 05/18/2007, 12:42 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooseGoblin View Post
Well I have to tape this one because I am going to the US of A for the long weekend! I have to remember because I missed the last new episode

I hope Aries closes this episode though...
Aries hasn't been in the cast since Season 10, lol...and Michael is closing it.

Old 05/18/2007, 8:23 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Aries hasn't been in the cast since Season 10, lol...and Michael is closing it.
I have a feeling that's where TJ was going with the Aries reference since, after all, he did close the season nearly every year he was on. Yeeeeeeah, Blind Kung Fu Master--who's with me? Slap me five! Come on, now! Yeah, whatev, bastards. Actually, I'm more excited about Fred Willard's return; he's funnier than a dog chasing its own tail.

"We can dig it!"
Old 05/18/2007, 10:42 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Don't worry, Teej, I got the Aries joke
Old 05/18/2007, 11:01 PM
zlolz

Oh, I thought he was serious, and he thought Aries was gonna come guest star and close it or something...lol...

Old 05/19/2007, 1:52 AM
26/07/16!!

Why wouldn't they invite Aries back to guest star just to close the season when we would be left with such memorable statements, such as: "Um, so um, in, in parting to all the people here in the studio audience and all the people at home, we'll see ya next year, same time, same channel, we out, one"

Or even: "So i wanna thank y'all first for a great season and i also wanna thank all these people here, people at home for letting us come to your living rooms every saturday night and do the damn thing. So thank you, see ya next year."

Thats memorable stuff right there

Old 05/19/2007, 9:57 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny_guy View Post
Why wouldn't they invite Aries back to guest star just to close the season when we would be left with such memorable statements, such as: "Um, so um, in, in parting to all the people here in the studio audience and all the people at home, we'll see ya next year, same time, same channel, we out, one"

Or even: "So i wanna thank y'all first for a great season and i also wanna thank all these people here, people at home for letting us come to your living rooms every saturday night and do the damn thing. So thank you, see ya next year."

Thats memorable stuff right there
Aries is so creative!

Old 05/19/2007, 10:01 PM
zlolz

Well I don't really feel like reviewing right now (I will tomorrow), but WTF, no cast closing to close out the season?! Was a frikin Coach Hines blooper REALLY that important?

All in all an ok episode, but it didn't really have the season finale "feel". Probably due to no cast closing. Oh well, a lot of the time (or ALL of the time), MADtv doesn't put a whole lot of effort into the finales - but this one still wound up being decent...ish.

Anyway, a few who/what things - first of all, any corrections = greatly appreciated. Second of all, for the Celebrity Pets sketch...this one wasn't claymation, but it wasn't animation, or live-action obviously...so what do I put it as? Stop-motion?

Anyways, I'll do my cast listing/review tomorrow - I spent most of the time on the Who/What tonight.

Last edited by Rurry; 05/19/2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05/20/2007, 9:04 AM
zlolz

Kayz. And now for my final review of Season 12.

Open: Season-Ending Cliffhangers: Well, this was the closest thing that we came to a "season wrap-up", and I must say it was satisfactory. It was a little simular to 1220's "Bad Girls Ratings Stunt" (and not as good, for obvious reasons) but it still was a funny, clever show open, as most of the show opens have been.
Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl: This was ok. It ran on too long, but it wasn't as unbearable as the Season 11 ones were. It was extremley simular to the last one though.
The King Henry Show: Fast Food: I still like the idea behind these. This one wasn't carried out to it's full potential and it wasn't quite as good as the first one, but I liked it. It gave me a few laughs. They capture the feel of sitcoms well and then add the ridiculous King Henry plotline to them.
Coach Hines: High School Prom: Out of the 4 Coach Hines sketches we've had this year, this was probably the weakest, but it was still pretty good. They could've done a lot more with the whole "Coach Hines is wasted" thing, though - Keegan was not a very believable drunk
Church Roast: Now THIS was really funny. The show starts to pick up some steam here. This was hilarious until Dane Cook was brought in, which wasn't necessary, no matter how great Ike's impression is. Anyway, this was really good, I'd say this might be the best use AND performance of a guest star this season.
Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song: YAAAAAAAY! Nicole P = amazing. Not as good as the last one, but still hilarious, and amazing. I give this one a biased
I Shouldn't be Alive: The best sketch of the night after Tori. A very clever, interesting concept, and it was brought out well.
Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership: I never cared for these two that much, although the one in Season 11 was pretty good. This one wasn't... although it was decent. Glad to see no Yaris placement! Or was that a Yaris?
Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong-Il's Dog, Kim-Jong Gae: Celebrity Pets + Kim Jong-Il = major unfunniness.
Crafty Gals: Movie Edition: Obviously product placement for movies, but it had a few good lines. Especially when Crista said she loved who played Hermione...and she did, LOL. Overall this was probably one of the strongest from these characters.
Close: Coach Hines: MADTV YOU CAN GO JUMP OFF A CLIFF FOR NOT PUTTING A CAST CLOSING KTHX This gets -38048902389023 stars.

Overall: A pretty good finale. But like mizzimad sad in the Buy or Sell thread, besides the show open, it didn't end out the season in any way, like previous finales have. Overall thought a pretty good episode. 10000000000000x better then crappy, unwatchable SNL finale with Zach Braff - god that SUCKED.

7.5/10

Well, another season has come and gone. We now enter week after week of no new MADtv.

See you in September!

Last edited by Rurry; 05/22/2007 at 1:19 PM.
Old 05/20/2007, 11:20 AM
Hardcore Fan

Maybe Frank Caeti will tell us why there wasn't a season 12 cast closings finale.
Old 05/20/2007, 1:10 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I don't see what the big deal is about not having a cast closing. Yes, I was definitely disappointed by it, but you've gotta realize that when they shot the finale, they didn't know for certain if they were coming back. So they couldn't say, "We'll see you in the fall for Season 13," in the off chance it DIDN'T come back, and they couldn't say, "This is our last episode, thanks for 12 seasons," just in case they DID.

Old 05/20/2007, 2:06 PM
zlolz

^That's true, I didn't think about that. I have a feeling something like that is the reason.

Old 05/20/2007, 4:08 PM
D2F

Coach Hines f'ing rules.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 05/20/2007, 4:41 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Post Sketch List

Open: MADtv Season-Ending Cliffhangers
Blind Kung Fu Master vs Galvadahl the Wicked Wizard
The King Henry Show: Burger King
Coach Hines: High School Prom
Church Roasts Jesus
Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song
I Shouldn't Be Alive
Astroman vs Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership
Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong-Il's Dog, Kim Jong-Gae
Crafty Gals: Video Store
Close: Coach Hines: High School Prom

Old 05/20/2007, 4:53 PM
zlolz

Whoa, I actually got a lot of the sketch names right! 1217's Crafty Gals is also called Crafty Gals: Video Store though...