Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1219?
Bobby Wins the Asian-American Hope with Dignity Award in Entertainment 0 0%
Dr. Phil: HD Truth Cam 1 14.29%
Date Grape 1 14.29%
Inside Couples Therapy 1 14.29%
24 with Bobby Lee and Jamie Kennedy #1 1 14.29%
Larry Fellner: Comedy is not Dead 1 14.29%
Deal or No Deal, Honey 0 0%
Celebrity Pets: David Blaine's Dog, Houdini 0 0%
Silver Fox: Speed Dating 1 14.29%
Coffee Twins: More Laughter 1 14.29%
24 with Bobby Lee and Jaime Kennedy #2 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/09/2007, 3:05 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S12E19 (Aired 2007-04-14)

Bobby Wins the Asian-American Hope with Dignity Award in Entertainment
Bobby Lee and Ike Barinholtz open the show. As Bobby gets ready to do the bit they came out to do, Ike stops him saying that MADtv has a very special guest on the show with a very special surprise for Bobby. The guest is David Yu, who is on the show to give Bobby the Bobby Wins the Asian-American Hope with Dignity Award for Entertainment, for his acting, and for being a role model for Asian-American's in an industry lacking Asian-American role models. Because of his award, MADtv had put together a montage of clips to show Bobby's greatest achievements on the show. Unfortunately, the video is filled with Bobby's racially insensitive characters and impressions. After the video David Yu, seeing that Bobby is in no way a role model for Asian-Americans, asks for the award back.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself), Ike Barinholtz (Himself), David Yu (Himself)

Dr. Phil: HD Truth Cam
Dr. Phil (Michael McDonald) is talking to liars, and is using an HD Truth Camera to get through their lies. The first people they talk to are a woman (Arden Myrin) who thinks that she is not old, and a man (Ike Barinholtz) who is sure that he is not gay. Both prove to be lying. As Dr. Phil is about to introduce the next guest, Oprah Winfrey (Nicole Randall Johnson) comes on to see how Dr. Phil is doing. As she sits down and starts to tell Dr. Phil a story she looks over at the HD camera which is showing the devil. When she looks at the picture and sees that the devils mouth is moving like hers, she realizes it is an HD camera. Dr. Phil apologizes saying that he never got a chance to tell her. Oprah tells the cameraman to turn the camera on Dr. Phil to reveal that Dr. Phil is Adolf Hitler.

Credits: Michael McDonald (Phil McGraw), Arden Myrin (Janice), Ike Barinholtz (Barry), Nicole Randall Johnson (Oprah Winfrey)

Date Grape
Crams, who brought you apple lime, and raspberry mango drinks introduce a new drink called Date Grape. The flavour of date and grape juice put together against their will to create an addictive new juice. The drink that comes on sweet and then takes over you with intense flavour that won't let go until the last drop is gone.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Girl #1), Crista Flanagan (Girl #2), Ike Barinholtz (Guy #1), Jordan Peele (Guy #2), Nicole Randall Johnson (Girl #3), Brian Pollack (Duke Lacrosse Captain)

Inside Couples Therapy
Dontel LaMontrose (Jordan Peele), and Pat-Beth LaMontrose (Nicole Parker) go to therapy as a learning experience. This is what Pat-Beth thinks, while Dontel drops hints to the therapist Dr. Wolf (Keegan-Michael Key) that he wants her to do something about Pat-Beth. Dr. Wolf first shows Pat-Beth a bunch of ink blots, but all Pat-Beth can see is Dontel robbing a liquor store, and Dontel killing a white hostage. Dr. Wolf then decides to try some hypnotherapy, which is something he is not licensed to do. He hypnotizes her into seeing everyone and everything as equal by the ring of a bell. He rings the bell and shows Pat-Beth the ink blots again. Now she sees a sunset, and a whale. Dontel, seeing this decides to test Pat-Beth by singing their theme song in order to try and lure Pat-Beth into saying something racist. She does not respond, instead saying nice things about him. Dontel frantically tries to leave the office before Dr. Wolf can do anything else, but in Dontel's haste he knocks over the bell and breaks it, causing Pat-Beth to return to her old self. As they leave the office, Dr. Wolf gives Dontel directions to a bell shop.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Dr. Wolf), Nicole Parker (Pat-Beth LaMontrose), Jordan Peele (Dontel LaMontrose)

24 with Bobby Lee and Jamie Kennedy #1
Jamie Kennedy comes over to Bobby Lee's apartment to see him and promote their new movie "Kinkin it Old Skool", but Bobby is nervous because he is not a movie star and feels nobody likes him. Jamie intends to relieve that stress by doing relaxing meditation with Bobby. He first tests his inner peace by relaxing Bobby, and then spraying him with pepper spray, and breaking a bottle over his head. Jamie then gives Bobby a rough massage, so rough that it takes off part of Bobby's skin. Jamie then asks Bobby to give him a massage, but only the happy ending. Bobby says that he was only going to do it for 5 minutes, but that turns into the entire day.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself), Jamie Kennedy (Himself)

Larry Fellner: Comedy is Not Dead
Larry Fellner (Michael McDonald) is taking a class to learn how to excel in television comedy, but is befuddled by the disrespect the other students are showing towards shows like 2 and a Half Men and According to Jim. When a female student (Crista Flanagan) insults the show My Name is Earl, Larry leaves the class to go home, get a gun and kill everyone in the class. The students mistake this for deadpan humour. When Larry comes back with his gun, mystified on why the students didn't leave, he is about to kill everyone, but has to leave to watch an episode of How I Met your Mother.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Ms. Lobosdayousrios), Jordan Peele (Man #1), Crista Flanagan (Woman), Keegan-Michael Key (Man #2), Michael McDonald (Larry Fellner)

Deal or No Deal, Honey
A man named Jerry (Ike Barinholtz) is playing Deal or No Deal. He is close to the million dollars, but his wife Suzie (Crista Flanagan) is badgering him to take the deal and not go for the million, because they have had some troubles due to Jerry buying in on a failed pyramid scheme. Jerry ignores his wife and keeps going. When Jerry gets closer to the final 2 cases with the million still on the board, Jerry's wife is yelling at him to take the deal, which is for $92,000. Jerry does not take the deal and will either get $5, or $1 million. Unfortunately Jerry has the $5 case and loses.

Credits: Ike Barinholtz (Jerry), Michael McDonald (Howie Mandel), Crista Flanagan (Suzie)

Celebrity Pets: David Blaine's Dog, Houdini *Claymation*
David Blaine's Dog Houdini (Keegan-Michael Key) explains that all of David Blaine's tricks are not tricks at all while splitting his body in half and cutting his head off with a guillotine with David Blaine’s apparatuses.

Silver Fox: Speed Dating
Isador Kruskal (Michael McDonald) wanders into a senior speed dating service to find that he is the only guy there. The first woman Isador sees is a woman named Eloise (Crista Flanagan) who just complains about everything. The next woman Isador sees is named Cora (Nicole Randall Johnson) who spends the entire time telling Isador about how horrible her life has been. The third woman is a woman named Ida (Nicole Parker), who can't seem to say anything else but hello. When Isador asks her what she would do if he showed her his wiener and her response is hello, Isador leaves the service with her.

Credits: Jordan Peele (Speed Dating Timer), Michael McDonald (Isador Kruskal), Crista Flanagan (Eloise), Nicole Randall Johnson (Cora), Nicole Parker (Ida)

Office Comedian: More Laughter
Susan Hale (Arden Myrin) and Karen (Crista Flanagan) are drinking coffee when a fellow worker comes by asking to see a report. Susan takes it too literally and just shows him the report. She and Karen then begin to laugh at the joke even though it is really not that funny.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Karen), Arden Myrin (Susan Hale), Jordan Peele (David), Keegan-Michael Key (Jason)

24 with Bobby Lee and Jamie Kennedy #2
An Alternate scene from when Jamie Kennedy was teaching Bobby how to relax by telling him not to think about things like work, or the fact that he doesn't have a girlfriend and if he did she is probably cheating on him right now.

Credits: Jamie Kennedy (Himself), Bobby Lee (Himself)
---

Starring:
  • Ike Barinholtz (3A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Frank Caeti (0A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Crista Flanagan (4A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Randall Johnson (3A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (3A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Bobby Lee (0A/3S/0W/0AF)
  • Michael McDonald (1A/3S/2W/0AF)
  • Arden Myrin (1A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Parker (2A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Jordan Peele (4A/1S/1W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring
  • Jamie Kennedy (2A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearances:
  • David Yu (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Brian Pollack (1A/0S/0W/0AF)
---

Legend
  • (A)cting Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage Credit
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/20/2016 at 1:55 AM. Reason: Properly Formatted

Old 04/11/2007, 7:32 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

First!

Damn, Miss Info is getting lazy.

Old 04/11/2007, 7:43 PM
zlolz

I cant wait for the Date Grape sketch.

Old 04/13/2007, 7:46 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

From last week's previews...

George & Laura - The Early Years

Old 04/13/2007, 7:58 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
From last week's previews...

George & Laura - The Early Years
I didn't see that one...I just saw the Deal or No Deal parody, 24 with Bobby Lee, and the Date Grape sketch. Unless it was a different preview?

Old 04/13/2007, 8:46 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

George and Laura? Is this a new one-off or something?

Old 04/13/2007, 8:50 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
George and Laura? Is this a new one-off or something?
I'm pretty sure it's George and Laura Bush.

Old 04/13/2007, 8:54 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Oh... I knew that; I just wanted to see if YOU knew it.

Old 04/14/2007, 5:04 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
I didn't see that one...I just saw the Deal or No Deal parody, 24 with Bobby Lee, and the Date Grape sketch. Unless it was a different preview?
Whoops! That was a preview from another ep. I grabbed the wrong notes.

Old 04/14/2007, 9:58 PM
zlolz

Open: Bobby's Award: Hmm...I'm probably wrong, but maybe...just maybe..this is a goodbye to Bobby? Meh, I'm probably wrong. Anyway, after the great S12 opens, this was a step down.
Dr Phil: Liars: This was short, and I actually kind of liked it. I guess the 2-year break from him helped. The "Oprah is the devil" thing got old in erm...Season 8, though. I have to say Nicole RJ's Oprah is actually decent, though.
Commercial: Date Grape: This was pretty good, but it really could've/should've been longer. Still, it was a nice little play on words.
Inside Looking Out: Therapy: This was great! This was the first one where it wasn't actually an episode of the show. It was also really funny....the civil rights movements and the ink blots LOL. I really enjoyed this one. It'll be interesting to see where this sketch goes now that Dontell reliazes the remarks.
24 with Bobby Lee: Jamie Kennedy: This sketch is really coming on to its own. This wasn't as good as the Mary Lynn and physical ones, but it was still a heck of a lot better then the pathetic Season 11 attempts.
Celebrity Obsessed: Comedy: This was good...but I'm kinda sad they didn't mention MADtv or SNL. Still, I liked this...this character is impressive.
Deal or No Deal: I liked this. It was short and sweet, but bizarre. Imagine something like that actually happening on Deal or No Deal...
The Silver Fox: Speed Dating: I did enjoy this one. It's not 7AM Condo Report, but I guess it's the closest they're going to get. Nicole's part was the best. "What would you say if i showed you my weiner?" "Hello!".
Celebrity Pets: This was cute, but not really funny...like I said, they need to add something to this sketch to keep it fresh. This has officially been overexposed, IMO.
The Laughing Duo: Nebraska Report (aka Coffee Twins II): (I dont know what to call them so there ya go). Call me crazy, but I really didn't except this to make it past a one-off. I liked this, though, but if they wanna use it again, they'll need to add something to it. Still, Arden and Crista worked quite well together (like the 1st one) so it worked.

Overall: This was a pretty good episode...I would've liked less recurring characters, but nothing was terrible...and I found myself laughing a lot, so I guess that makes for a good episode. Sadly, this was a Frank-less episode...but at least now we know why (he was only signed on for 13 eps).

7.5/10

Next Week: We get a repeat (a delayed repeat at that), of 1211, all thanks to Nascar.

Last edited by Rurry; 04/14/2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04/14/2007, 10:41 PM
zlolz

*ahem* I now present...my (now) weekly cast report.

Crista - 5 (Date Grape, Celebrity Obsessed, DOND, Silver Fox, LD)
Jordan - 5 (Date Grape, ILO, Celebrity Obsessed, Silver Fox, LD)
Michael - 4 (Dr. Phil, Celebrity Obsessed, Silver Fox, DOND)
Ike - 4 (Open, Dr. Phil, Date Grape, DOND)
Keegan - 3 (ILO, Celebrity Obsessed, LD)
Nicole P - 3 (ILO, Celebrity Obsessed, Silver Fox)
Arden - 3 (Dr. Phil, Date Grape, LD)
Nicole RJ - 3 (Dr. Phil, Date Grape, Silver Fox)
Bobby - 2 (Open, 24 with Bobby Lee)
Frank - 0 (didn't appear)

The only thing I'm not sure of is if Nicole P appeared in the Date Grape sketch as the guy who Ike was "date graping". It kind of looks like her...but it kind of...doesn't.

Old 04/15/2007, 11:01 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Who was the guy that gave Bobby Lee his award?

I am trying to find out the name of the actor that gave Bobby Lee his award?

Help!
Old 04/15/2007, 11:30 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontvydas View Post
I am trying to find out the name of the actor that gave Bobby Lee his award?

Help!
They announce him as David Yew...I have no idea who he is.

Old 04/15/2007, 2:52 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

There aren't any torrents out for this episode yet, so I'll hold off on making the Coffee Twins character page. If it's not up by Tuesday, I'll make a stab at it and put something up.

Overall though, it sounds like a good episode.
Old 04/15/2007, 6:55 PM
zlolz

Wow, no one has reviewed this episode but me. It seems Planet MADtv has gotten LAZY.

Old 04/15/2007, 7:05 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Damn straight. But I'll give a few random thoughts about it...

-Dr. Phil was stupid, Oprah impression sucked.
-24 with Bobby Lee was awesome, as usual.
-Celebrity Pets was good, but it's starting to get old now. It seems like now it's just the "default" animation sketch they do when they can't think of anything else (if they're gonna have a "default" animation sketch, it should be Weekly News with Toby, which we haven't seen since 1211).
-Date Grape was awesome, but the Duke reference made it so much better.
-Ugh, I can't believe they're recurring Coffee Twins.

Old 04/15/2007, 7:21 PM
zlolz

I think Toby is gone And they do need a default recurring animation sketch, but I think Celebrity Pets should've had 4 appearences this season at the most. They need to find a new default one. I'd suggest doing a recurring parody of a cartoon (anything from Nick Jr or Disney Channel would work. SNL did a parody of Dora the Explorer this season that was actually hilarious, i'd like MAD to try something like that, too.)

Oh, and as for Coffee Twins, I agree it should've been left a one-off, but I don't think recurring it was such a bad idea. Then again, I liked the first sketch (as did nearly everyone else...except for MADfan). I have to say, the current batch of characters is very unique, and isn't just crazy characters blurting out catchphrases (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it did get old).

Old 04/15/2007, 7:50 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Who are Coffee Twins?
  • Open: Bobby Wins the Asian American Hope with Dignity Award
  • Dr. Phil's HD Truth Cam
  • Date Grape
  • Inside Couples Therapy
  • 24 with Bobby Lee and Jaimie Kennedy
  • Celebrity Obsessed: Television Comedy
  • Deal or No Deal
  • Celebrity Pets: David Blaine's Dog, Houdini
  • Senior Speed Dating
  • Office Comedian
  • Close: 24 with Bobby Lee and Jaimie Kennedy

Old 04/15/2007, 7:51 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
Who are Coffee Twins?
  • Open: Bobby Wins the Asian American Hope with Dignity Award.
  • Dr. Phil's HD Truth Cam
  • Date Grape
  • Inside Couples Therapy
  • 24 with Bobby Lee and Jaimie Kennedy
  • Celebrity Obsessed: Television Comedy
  • Deal or No Deal
  • Celebrity Pets: David Blaine's Dog, Houdini
  • Senior Speed Dating
  • Office Comedian
  • Close: Bobby Wins the Asian American Hope with Dignity Award
"Office Comedian" Their first sketch was in 1211.

Old 04/17/2007, 10:14 PM
Fresh Meat

i thought this whole episode was great. every skit was very funny, except for the "laughing duo" skit.. in my opinion, those are just a waste of time =)