Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 10 (2004-2005)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/13/2005, 12:06 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

So the Party Girl sketch is a seperate sketch?

Isn't that supposed to be one of Crista's original characters also?

Old 03/13/2005, 12:24 PM
Hardcore Fan

If Aries left mid-season How did they know that Million DOllar Baby won best picture? That's pretty weird if you ask me...
Old 03/13/2005, 12:45 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by edwahg
If Aries left mid-season How did they know that Million DOllar Baby won best picture? That's pretty weird if you ask me...
They could have pre-taped a Million DOllar baby themed sketch before, if you recall, they only said that the movie won best picture in a voiceover, so they could have easily added this later.

Old 03/13/2005, 12:51 PM
.::Shame on you::.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ef_7
[B]
Hi. Welcome to the Forum!

Just a little piece of advice...
You might want to drop the adjective "retarded", you never know who you might be offending

sry about the retarded thing...i didnt mean it that way...the way i meant it was that well i didnt really like it...thanx for the advise though...

"It's not about molding yourself into the person you admire, but rather following their lead in finding and embracing your own unique voice."
~Stephnie Weir
Old 03/13/2005, 12:55 PM
Fresh Meat

I thought this was one of the best episodes in this season!!! Of course, I said that about the last 5 episodes too. I really loved Tank - there are SO many guys JUST LIKE THAT in my hood. They hang at Checkers or the mall with their cars and go "Hey mami!" and "PASS" whenever a girl walks by; Bobby did a great job exaggerating that! I always love the red carpet stuff, but this one was my all time favorite, I must say. I wish I could d/l this episode Dial-up reeks.

Oh yeah, Crista was good in this, especially the stand-up, but not the Tank sketch. Then again, for some reason, I don't care for drunk girls period; not even when Danielle did one an episode or two ago. I'm off to pour fake water in my glass!
Old 03/13/2005, 3:27 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Dr. Phil: Parenting Advice
Pretty Good. I got some good laughs in. The end kinda made me sick though. 3/5

Michael Jackson Trial
Ugh...BORING! This went on too long. I did not like it. 1/5

Rusty: Presidential Questions Forum
This was pretty funny. I expected very little out of this sketch because I HATE Rusty, but he was hardly in it. Frank was awesome, but Daniele was my favorite...she was hilarious! 4/5

Ike & Ron at the American Idol Final 12 Party
I thought this would suck, but I actually enjoyed it. Ike was a bit less of a camera-hog this time around. He was pretty funny, as was Ron. I loved the part where Steph and Mike wouldn't stop and talk to them LMAO! 4/5

Tank
Yes, Bobby, you aren't playing a woman, but this character is WORSE! I hated this character SO much. The only funny thing was him rolling over the hood of the car. If I have to watch anymore crappy characters like "Tank" and "Jake" I'm going to scream. 1/5

Stand-Up Routine
Pretty good stuff. I like Crista already. This makes up for her last two episodes where she hardly appeared at all. 4/5

Peggy Partain the Roller Skating Champ
I LOVED this. Like I said, I like Crista already. This reminded me a lot of something Stephnie would do (physical comedy and all). Everytime she yelled "DANGIT!" a couldn't stop laughing. This was the best part of the episode for me. I can't wait to see more of Crista's work. 5/5

Forty-Million Dollar Baby
NO! I hate Aries's Mike Tyson impression! I liked Mike and Nicole in this sketch, but Aries really ruined it for me. What happened to the Aries from seasons 3-6? I liked him a lot back then. 1/5

Close-Rusty
I didn't really watch this so I can't rate it.

Overall
This episode had it's ups and downs, but it was pretty good overall. I'd give it a 3.5/5
Old 03/13/2005, 4:06 PM
Fresh Meat

Nice episode!
Dr. phil 4/5
american idol 4/5 - ron and Ike are cute together. Better than aries and ike
micheal j trial - hilarious. And a very cool outro 5/5
rusty - 3/5 only for george bush
tank - 3/5 only for christa
roller skating - 3/5 hmmm not really funny but Christa was decent
million dollar baby - 3/5 didn't see the real one so can't really comment

better than last weeks episode for sure and christa looks promising.

HIvolt, do you think you will put the episodes 1012-1015 back online at a certain point for example when there's a repeat? My comp crashed Thanx for this episode though.
Old 03/13/2005, 5:09 PM
Fresh Meat

Default I love 1016

Best episode in quite a while. Aside from the roller-skating and Tank, it was really solid and satisfying. Crista's stand-up comedian is already legendary for me...

Dr. Phil: Parenting In America
Genius, end to end. I loved Dr. Phil's scary tits and belly. Daniele as Fantasia was fantastic!

The Michael Jackson Trial
Amazing. I thought Aries was off the show? Has this one been sitting on the shelf? Were those drag queens playing Liz and Liza?

Rusty: Presidential Questions
It's cool that they do improv stuff on the show. Michael was fantastic; Frank did an awesome impression as always but some of his lines were only fair. Daniele didn't get much play -- I really wanted to see more of her Condoleeza. I hope she does it again.

MADtv At The American Idol Final 12 Party
Ike was on fire -- so quick and sharp. Ron was really good too when he could get a word in.

Tank: Night Club
This didn't work. The characters were too thin to carry the skit. I loved Bobby's falls across the hood though. He looked like he really hurt himself.

Stand Up Comedian
This was SO good. The best thing Mad has done in a while. Really dark and surreal.

Peggy The Roller Skate Champion:
No -- please no more of these SNL-style skits that repeat the same joke over and over. I liked how she would say "dang" though.

Million Dollar Baby II: The Forty Million Dollar Baby Oh my God. Those teeth. That Hilary Swank impression was important. Michael's Clint Eastwood was also fantastic, so dead-on and surprisingly low-key.

Close: Rusty
Really really funny. Frank redeemed the whole skit with this bit.
Old 03/13/2005, 9:55 PM
*Take Back America!*

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King
So the Party Girl sketch is a seperate sketch?

Isn't that supposed to be one of Crista's original characters also?
Yeah, they haven't aired that one yet.

Well, I can finally say I was in an episode of MADtv! I saw myself in the audience during Crista's stand-up routine! Yay! (sorry, I'm just a little excited about that)

Overall, I liked this episode. I really enjoyed everything I saw in it with the exception of the "Michael Jackson Trial" sketch. That went on way too long and wasn't funny.

Entire Episode : 4/5
Old 03/13/2005, 10:01 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Has anyone else noticed that almost every time that there is a Courtroom sketch, the judge is called Judge Reynolds, no matter who is playing the character? Daniele was Judge Reynolds in the sketch with Keegan last year where he was the bankrobber, and in this episode Ron was Judge Reynolds. I'm sure I've seen either Will or Paul play Judge Reynolds too.

Old 03/13/2005, 10:04 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Haha...yeah I noticed that too...they use like the exact stands and everything. Stephnie was Judge Reynolds also...in that one sketch with Debra who cried to get answers out of witnesses.

Old 03/14/2005, 1:29 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I thought that Crista did a pretty good job for her first time out there in a big role. I didn't really care for the stand-up thing and the roller skating girl wasn't great but she had some potential. I don't think we can really judge yet, because we haven't seen too much of what she can do.

I hated Bobby Lee's Tank character. That was awful.

I loved the Million Dollar Baby sketch up until Aries came on. Nicole and Michael sounded exactly like them, I thought it was hysterical. Why did they have to go and ruin it by adding Aries' Mike Tyson impression? Hated his Michael Jackson impression in the courtroom sketch too. I'm glad he's gone.

I loved Frank's Bush impression, as always. Daniele was good as Condoleeza Rice. I don't know why they added Rusty into this sketch, but that was okay.

The Dr. Phil sketch was pretty funny because I saw part of the primetime special and it was EXACTLY like that. Good stuff.

This episode was okay. Next week looks good from the previews.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 03/14/2005, 3:51 PM
i'm an institution

Dr. Phil: Good Parenting
Meh. It was okay. Didnt care for the Ellen part, except the unexpected punch lmao, and the Fantasia part was okay 7.5/10

Jacko's Wacko Trial (whoever i copied this from named it that, i dunno the name)
This made me mis Phil's Michael. He looks + sounds more like Jackson. But parts of this were okay, and one or two of the songs were funny. 8/20

GREAT improv, I really thought Frank did a good job. See Frank, you CAN do the improv fest! NOW GO! lol, but yea, I really liked this 9/10

Ike & Ron at the American Idol Final 12 Party
YES!! Ive been a HUGE American Idol fan all season and havent missed an ep, so this was awesome. I just about DIED when they talked to Bo and Constantine Nadia, too. I wished they had talked to Mikalah, I bet she would have been funny. Lindsay obviously had no idea who she was talking to, lol. 9.5/10

Tank: Nightclub
Not too bad, but nice to see Bobby, he hasnt been in much this season. It had some good lines, but Crista was REALLY annoying in it. 8/10

Stand-Up Routine
Im already annoyed by this chic's voice. But this had a few good lines here and there and had me laughing out loud at parts. 7/10

Okay, Crista wasnt too annoying here. A few funny parts , especially when she addressed Gary ("I DONT KNOW YOU!!") 8/10

Meh, I was never much of a fan of Aries' Mike Tyson, so this wasnt all to great to me. 6.5/10

Close-Rusty
Pretty funny, I miss Rusty. 8/10

oh hey, this place is different

Old 03/14/2005, 5:33 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Quote:
Originally posted by TchaKnowWhat
Jacko's Wacko Trial (whoever i copied this from named it that, i dunno the name)
That was me. I thought that was a fitting name.

Old 03/14/2005, 8:16 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by TchaKnowWhat

Stand-Up Routine
Im already annoyed by this chic's voice. But this had a few good lines here and there and had me laughing out loud at parts. 7/10
Caity... She doesn't have an annoying voice... her character did, because she was nervous!! Obviously!!

lol jk Caity

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 03/15/2005, 2:33 AM
Fresh Meat

Did anyone happen to notice during the Tank sketch, when he was talking to his friend in the trunk, he closed it on that guy's head? Looked incredibly painful.

I noticed Bobby going back to check to make sure he was okay...

Couple that with Bobby getting thrown by the bouncer and tumbling over the car hood twice, and you've got one of the most physically dangerous sketches we've seen in a while. I love danger!
Old 03/15/2005, 3:33 AM
26/07/16!!

Hey guys im back again my internets been playing up for a while so i couldnt stay online for that long let alone download any episodes as of late
But thankfully that issue has since been resolved and i was able to catch ep #1016

I was excited to see this episode with all the buzz surrounding Crista's debut and Bobby's new character to which both seemed to manage a steady offering. Heres the long awaited review:

The Awesome (Rating = 5/5)

N/A

The Good (Rating = 4/5)

Dr. Phil: Good Parenting
In an immature kind of way this was pretty funny and typical of the way the real Dr Phil goes about his "therapy" with quite an arrogant nature to it.

Ike & Ron at the American Idol Final 12
Definitely one of the better segments from the last two seasons, Ike was actually good here with some funny lines thrown in, Ron was good too in a more supporting role it seemed. On the minus side you get the feeling you've been short changed with these segments as they always seem severely edited for time.

The Average (Rating = 3/5)

Started out promising but never really got going to the extent that it should have. Hearing Frank recycle some old lines from his stand up routines and other MADtv sketches didnt help the cause either. Although i did like Daniele's performance in this where she was slightly underused i must say, even Rusty in this felt rushed for time (was he really needed?).

Tank: Nightclub
Has all the markings of a potentially successful recurring character (hell anythings better than Bae Sung right?) with the various trademark lines ("Pass"...etc) and a certain depth in the character that can played off. Im sure there will be more of him to come.

Again as with Tank i can see this character become a recurring one. I hear some of you say that this sketch wasnt so great but i put it to you when thinking about recurring characters that all of MADtv's recurring characters were fairly average to begin with but as they progressed most became alot better (who knows you might lose the "look what i can do!" bumper sticker for one that says "dang it!" in the near future). As for the sketch it was reasonable nothing outstandingly funny but it held its own (did anyone else get a "Angela" type character vibe from this sketch? Maybe it was just the braces).

The Bad (Rating = 2/5)

Stand-Up Routine
I got the fact that she was trying to be unfunny to be funny but it just wasnt all that funny (did you get all that?). I expected better.

Started off ok but soon went downhill from there another lame attempt to use an average impression in a sketch it shouldnt be in.

Jacko's Wacko Trial
To be honest i didnt get very many laughs from this and consequently skipped through it the first time i watched it, enough said.

The Terrible (Rating = 1-/5)

N/A

Overall Rating
Showed alot of promise but with most sketches being fairly average or bad it was tough to rate it much higher than a six (maybe just 0.5 more )
6.5/10

*Interestingly enough all sketch names do not appear courtesy of PlanetMADtv's Ep Guide

Last edited by funny_guy; 03/15/2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03/15/2005, 9:04 AM
I'm watching you.

"This episode was OK. I don't know man, it was just aight for me. The show was a lil pitchy in places, but i thought it was aight. Cmon muh doggg pound! Woo-woo-woo."

You know i like Caity. Thought she was brilliant. When she did the rollerskting sketch, she really reminded me of Steph. It's weird at one glance how they look slightly alike, IMO.

Bobby's character was aight too. But it looks too forcefully done. I thought Crista was really good with her character. ef_7, is she really your cousin? Sweeeet dude.... That's really awesome.
Old 03/15/2005, 11:52 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by lpshean
I thought Crista was really good with her character. ef_7, is she really your cousin? Sweeeet dude.... That's really awesome.
LOL, I honestly have no idea... My mothers maiden name is Flanagan so we could be related... VERY distantly at the least.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 03/15/2005, 12:55 PM
I'm watching you.

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

LOL, I honestly have no idea... My mothers maiden name is Flanagan so we could be related... VERY distantly at the least.
Haha. Do some digging and best of luck at it! Anyway, wouldn't be so cool if someone in the forum is a relative ( close relative ) ..lol, of any of the castmembers! Then he/she can give us inside scoops.