Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 9 (2003-2004)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/09/2004, 8:13 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Mo's farewell is supposed to be aired too..
I wouldn't count on it, someone asked Mo that when I met her and she wasn't even sure if it is going to air. We'll see, though...

A lot of people didn't even know that she left. They said things like "Where have you been these past few episodes?"

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 05/09/2004, 10:39 AM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

I doubt they will aire it, but there is still a possibility....They might just surprise people in season 10 by her not being there....

Old 05/09/2004, 11:07 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by MJB12
[B]

Who is Peter Vogt? Does Paul have a twin that's the same size?

Yup...........Peter is Paul's Twin Brother...........

Old 05/09/2004, 11:23 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Whoopi Goldberg for Slimfast- Oh, this one rocked! It was an awesome parody, better than the regular one. jordan did a hilarious whoopi!!
5/5

Dr. Kylie- This one was very hilarious and quotable... Talcom in the middle... HAHAHA!! Just Great!
5/5

Coach Heinz- Oh, oh, YES! This one ROCKED. Nothing bad about this. That was funny when he said "Who's the 1 whith the gum?" And it was the old lady!! HAHAHA!
5/5

Lillian Verner: Mother's Day- Lilian Verner's NEVER let me down. Awesome sketch. I loved how Simians whole family is so hyper!
5/5

Helenzilla- This is great, as well. I loved how they would talk in sleeps.
5/5

Sexual Harrassment- Choppy was funny... but Jennifer was THE funniest thing I've ever seen! How she was talking was so great... She sounded like Mo when she did that Radio Shack commercial back in the 6th season.
5/5

Drunk Party- At first, I thought that it was DPTTM, but it was better! I loved the different views and when he stumbled and said "I must've tripped over a dog" LMAO!!
5/5

Encore: Dot - Child Genius- These encores lately have been awesome. This one was exceptional. Dot's always great.
5/5

Overall- 5/5 This was the BEST episode ALL season. I was HAPPY that there was no Ron, Aries, Bobby, or Josh. They're nothin' special. I can't wait 'til the download to see it again!!!!

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 05/09/2004, 11:53 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Well, you surely thought very high about this episode.

Old 05/09/2004, 12:19 PM
Totally F****able

This ep had its moments, had its ups and downs. I enjoyed the Sleeptalking sketch, the gym teacher sketch, the encore of course, um, the lilian verner sketch and the whoopi goldberg sketch......those were cool

The dr kylie, alcohol talking, or the sexual harrassment sketches weren't any goood, they just weren't funny.

I did notice that Michael Hitcock and Choppy got a lot of laughs........that tells you something when a writer and some other dude are funnier than the actual talent..........

6/10

Old 05/09/2004, 12:48 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Wasn't that Ron playing Choppy?

Old 05/09/2004, 1:28 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I'm not going to bother doing a review this week (like the one I did last week) because I wasn't really paying much attention to the second half of the episode (not because it sucked -- cause it didn't, but because Best Week Ever was on and Jessi Klein is pretty )

But here are some things I noticed in this week's episode.

1) I never thought I'd hear myself say this -- or rather, read myself post this -- but Jordan's Whoopi was way better than Debra's. If they do not add him to the season ten cast, I'm gonna be so pissed off.

2) Just like last week, Frank did the announcing, but he didn't physically appear in any sketches -- this is getting really annoying because when Frank does the announcing in the opening credits, it usually makes me think he will be in the episode. But in 908 and 920, he was in sketches, but that other guy was the announcer (although, he was in the opening for both of those episodes) I hope he isn't leaving. When Micheal started directing, people thought maybe he would stop acting and start directing. So does this mean Frank will give up acting and become the Don Pardo of MADtv? God, I hope not.

3) It really pissed me off that John Crane -- a writer -- has his own recurring character now. Why the f*ck didn't they give that to Ron?

4) That sketch with Ike and Stephnie was, IMO, the best one of the night, but wouldn't Micheal have been a better choice?

Old 05/09/2004, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004
3) It really pissed me off that John Crane -- a writer -- has his own recurring character now. Why the f*ck didn't they give that to Ron?

4) That sketch with Ike and Stephnie was, IMO, the best one of the night, but wouldn't Michael have been a better choice?
I couldn't agree with you more on those!!
Old 05/09/2004, 4:22 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004

4) That sketch with Ike and Stephnie was, IMO, the best one of the night, but wouldn't Micheal have been a better choice?
Is John Crane the one who plays choppy? They should have given it to ron.....

Yeah, I think that Michael would have been better on the one with the sleep talking...IMO

Old 05/09/2004, 4:26 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
Cast: Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Josh Meyers, Ron Pederson, Aries Spears, Paul Vogt and Stephnie Weir

Featuring: Keegan-Michael Key, Nicole Parker and Jordan Peele

Guest Starring: Frankie Muniz and Jennifer Coolidge

Special Appearance: Alex Borstein, John Crane, Jennifer Joyce, Bruce McCoy and Peter Vogt
  • Whoopi Goldberg For Slimfast (Jordan- Whoopi Goldberg)
  • Dr. Kylie: Chinese Bird Flu (Nicole- Nurse Wendy, Frankie Muniz- Ted, Stephnie- Dr. Kylie)
  • Inappropriate Assembly Behavior (Ike- principal, Keegan- Coach Heinz)
  • The Lillian Verner Game Show: Mother's Day (Michael Hitchcock [MADtv writer]- announcer: Simian, Paul- host: Dale Brisket, Nicole- Simone Dyson, Peter Vogt- Dana Brisket, Stephnie- Gail Cinder)
  • Sleeptalking (Ike- Bill, Stephnie- Helen)
  • Choppy: Sexual Harassment Training (Michael- Dr. Tall???, John Crane [MADtv writer]- Choppy, Jennifer Coolidge- Ms. Lingenhole)
  • Drunk Guy In First Person (Michael- Barry Fuller, Ike- Cliff, Nicole- Lydia, Jordan- police officer)
  • Encore: Child Genius (#614) (Nicole- Pamela, Alex- Karen, Michael- Ronald Goddard, Mo- Leslie Goddard, Stephnie- Dot)
  • Close: Dr. Kylie: Chinese Bird Flu Outtakes (Nicole- Nurse Wendy, Frankie Muniz- Ted, Stephnie- Dr. Kylie)

Jennifer Joyce and Bruce McCoy are both MADtv writer/producers, but I couldn't find any pics of them. Does anyone know what parts they played in this episode?

Old 05/09/2004, 5:08 PM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

I thought this episode was so/so. I wasn't bored, but yet nothing really stood out. To be honest with you, I ended up going to sleep (I had to be up at 4 am for work) because I figured I wasn't going to miss much by judging the first half.

I am really disappointed that they keep leaving some cast members out of the sketches. It seems they keep using the same ones over and over.

I'VE GOT A LITTLE RED BOW / AND I BOUGHT IT FOR YOU / CUZ I KNOW YOU'RE NOT FAIR / I DON'T GET IT / OH WELL / AND YOU COLOR MY SKIN / AND THE COLORS DON'T BLEND / CUZ I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO / THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / CUZ I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / I'VE GOT A SOUTHERN BELLE, TOO / IN HER RUBY-RED SHOES / WITH A BODY OF STRAW / ARE YOU SICK OF IT ALL / THERE'S A MAN MADE OF TIN / WITH AN OIL-CAN GRIN / AND I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO /THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU / LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / CAN I STAND BY YOUR SIDE? / WE CAN MAKE IT ALRIGHT / CUZ I'M HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / THEN ANOTHER ARRIVED / IT'S A COWARDLY LION / WHAT I WANT FROM THIS WORLD / WHAT I WANT TO RESOLVE / WELL I WANT YOU TO STAY / SO I WASH YOU AWAY / I DON'T WANNA BE BOLD / I DON'T WANNA BE COLD / I DON'T WANNA GROW OLD / I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!

< Breaking Benjamin - "Home"
Old 05/09/2004, 6:51 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Something I forgot to mention, and did this happen to anyone else?

After every commercial break, text popped up that read "MADtv will be seen at 10:30 next week." After checking this week's TV guide and the local affiliate's website (www.fox31.com), it said that it was airing at 10:30 instead of 10, and a rerun of Seinfeld will air at ten.

Anyone else know if this is happening in their area, or if there's any reason why? I'm going to try emailing them to get down to the bottom of this.

Old 05/09/2004, 7:14 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

nope. it's 11pm for me. ur lucky.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 05/09/2004, 8:46 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MJB12
Something I forgot to mention, and did this happen to anyone else?

After every commercial break, text popped up that read "MADtv will be seen at 10:30 next week." After checking this week's TV guide and the local affiliate's website (www.fox31.com), it said that it was airing at 10:30 instead of 10, and a rerun of Seinfeld will air at ten.

Anyone else know if this is happening in their area, or if there's any reason why? I'm going to try emailing them to get down to the bottom of this.
Yeah, I watch MadTV through the same station and it said it for me also...I don 't know what they are doing, but I guess that they have something else that is lasting till 10:30...I am still happy just as long as I get to watch it.

Old 05/09/2004, 9:05 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Quote:
Originally posted by newt007
nope. it's 11pm for me. ur lucky.
Actually, that's unlucky, it's starting 30 minutes later than normal. I'm guessing you're on the east coast, where MADtv airs one hour before us in the mountain zone, so next Saturday it'll air 1.5 hrs before we get to see it, and I'm usually an SNL flipper, and SNL starts at 10:30.

Old 05/09/2004, 9:12 PM
0ld sk00l

Default Re: WHO/WHAT 923

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
Cast: Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Josh Meyers, Ron Pederson, Aries Spears, Paul Vogt and Stephnie Weir

Featuring: Keegan-Michael Key, Nicole Parker and Jordan Peele

Guest Starring: Frankie Muniz and Jennifer Coolidge

Special Appearance: Alex Borstein, John Crane, Jennifer Joyce, Bruce McCoy and Peter Vogt
  • Whoopi Goldberg For Slimfast (Jordan- Whoopi Goldberg)
  • Dr. Kylie: Chinese Bird Flu (Nicole- Nurse Wendy, Frankie Muniz- Ted, Stephnie- Dr. Kylie)
  • Inappropriate Assembly Behavior (Ike- principal, Keegan- Coach Heinz)
  • The Lillian Verner Game Show: Mother's Day (Michael Hitchcock [MADtv writer]- announcer: Simian, Paul- host: Dale Brisket, Nicole- Simone Dyson, Peter Vogt- Dana Brisket, Stephnie- Gail Cinder)
  • Sleeptalking (Ike- Bill, Stephnie- Helen)
  • Choppy: Sexual Harassment Training (Michael- Dr. Tall???, John Crane [MADtv writer]- Choppy, Jennifer Coolidge- Ms. Lingenhole)
  • Drunk Guy In First Person (Michael- Barry Fuller, Ike- Cliff, Nicole- Lydia, Jordan- police officer)
  • Encore: Child Genius (#614) (Nicole- Pamela, Alex- Karen, Michael- Ronald Goddard, Mo- Leslie Goddard, Stephnie- Dot)
  • Close: Dr. Kylie: Chinese Bird Flu Outtakes (Nicole- Nurse Wendy, Frankie Muniz- Ted, Stephnie- Dr. Kylie)
Hey under the special appearance thing you missed Nicole Sullivan!

My Fanfics
Old 05/09/2004, 9:22 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Thanks Nik.

...still what sketches were writers Jennifer Joyce and Bruce McCoy in?

Old 05/09/2004, 10:04 PM
Staff Alumnus

what character did peter vogt play? Was it The host dudes' mom?

Old 05/09/2004, 10:50 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by leachc
what character did peter vogt play? Was it The host dudes' mom?

Yup