Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 9 (2003-2004)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/03/2004, 10:51 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Mo's son is in quite a few too. I also noticed they've cut down on a lot of extras including the use of kid extras in sketches.

Old 03/03/2004, 9:59 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Wow, is MADtv starting a trend of using its writing staff as extras? Cheap labour, I guess, hehehehe...
Do you know what I noticed? After watching a lot of the older MADtv episodes over again I realized that Alex's husband Jackson is an extra in SO many skits. It's crazy. I spot him randomly throughout various seasons, but he's been on the show a lot.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 03/03/2004, 8:19 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MADtv Watcher

That would be the Family Feud one because he looked like the person that played Richard Karn.
Wow, is MADtv starting a trend of using its writing staff as extras? Cheap labour, I guess, hehehehe...

Old 03/02/2004, 11:30 PM
Mr. Egoist

I really enjoyed that episode of MAD. The ending to the Colgate commercial was worth a laugh, the Olsen Twins sketch was a PERFECT satire of absolutely EVERY aspect of their stupid films, from them randomly bursting into song, awkwardly using slang (the funniest thing was that I don't think there was a single black student in the sketch), and the other young actors just sort of delivering their lines and not really acting. I should know, I've seen a bunch of those movies because my sister used to watch them all the time.

The Family Feud thing, while a total disaster in terms of actual flow (it was just joke-joke-joke-joke), was redeemed by the Samwise/Gollum bit where Gollum gave him the wrong answer, and the Gimli guy saying "WE BATTLE FOR HOT LIPS HOULIHAN!"

American Political Idol was cringeworthy but O'Reilly, who I'll admit to hating, did a decent job and it's always fun to see Ron's Clay Aiken return.

Rusty at the Oscars was amusing. While Nicole's Renee didn't do too much for me this time, Rusty's reactions were PRICELESS. And I loved the interplay between Stephanie's Diane Keaton and Rusty.

Dot at the Spelling Bee was funny, but it wasn't entirely due to Stephanie. Jordan, while his delivery wasn't the best, was amusing, and Bobby was GREAT. You could see him screwing the word up coming once they played that clip, but it was still great. The montage of people blowing their words was hilariously spot-on, and Keegan... Wow.

Keegan Michael-Key stole this show. From start to finish he made every real role he had completely hilarious (other than Al Roker, who I actually thought was Aries). His delivery in the Olsen Twins sketch was great, his deadpan in the Dot sketch was funny, he did a fine straight man when talking to Rusty also, and then, when given his shot at carrying a sketch with the Court Room thing, he blew it out of the water. I'm officially going on record (if we have a record) as saying that Keegan is the future of MADtv.

Great show, this exemplifies why MADtv is an incredibly unerrated sketch comedy show (not by US, of course).

Old 03/02/2004, 4:56 PM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
**Note** Michael directed the Colgate commercial
Wow, I never noticed that

Old 03/02/2004, 4:46 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

**Note** Michael directed the Colgate commercial

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 03/02/2004, 4:43 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Colgate Toothpaste : This sketch wasn't THAT funny, but it got better when the insults got crazy.

Dot @ The Spelling Bee Championship : I was insane w/ joy when this popped on. Dot's questions about the judge's ears and misconceptions of the "bee" were funny. This sketch proved the point that Dot is not stupid, but she is seven and says crazy stuff.

Rusty @ The Academy Awards : Pretty funny. The celeberty impressions were really good too.

American Political Idol : A little boring, didn't really stick out or anything.

Family Feud : Makeup/costume job was great! Sketch was just ok tho.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen : Funny! I liked how the facalty kept track of the minutes untill they became 18.

Criminal : This was really funny. "But I am no bank robber!"

MADtv ENCORE : Good Spishak commercial. I just love how everything is "off" like sound effects and lines.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------

Old 03/02/2004, 3:40 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Im so happy the forums back.

This episode was funny.
Olsen Twins and Dot were halarious.
Rusty at the ( ah whatever award show...theres like 387459458997t of them) was funny. I didn't enjoy Nicoles Renee Zelwegger in this, but I enjoyed Stephnie's Diane Keaton. When she puther turtleneck over her face..LOL.
The Family Feud Sketch was sipmly..dumb. The only thing funny was when Nicole said "Your never gonna get cold mountain." But I dont really get WHY I found it funny.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/02/2004, 3:33 PM
0ld sk00l

The writer dude was in the family feud sketch Mystere.

My Fanfics

Old 03/02/2004, 3:33 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystere

What sketch did MADtv Writer Rich Talarico have his special appearance in?
That would be the Family Feud one because he looked like the person that played Richard Karn.

Bunifa: Yo, Yo, Yo. Who you callin' a bitch? Do I look like yo momma?

Old 03/02/2004, 2:46 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Colgate- Wow! For the first time in history, MADtv does a parody before I actually see the real thing!!! I saw the actual commercial the next day and started laughing so hard!!! My family thought i was on crack
Other Hilights: Encore, Olsen Twins, Oscars (not as good as last years!!! lol @ Stephnie) and DOT!!!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Last edited by ef_7; 03/09/2004 at 2:36 PM.

Old 03/02/2004, 2:24 PM
Regular

Awesome episode. I loved it, every sketch. I never saw Excuses Excuses before, and holy crap... it was hilarious! Even better than the bug zapper. Spishak sketches are a lot different now... but in a good way.

Old 03/02/2004, 9:10 AM

First off...it's great to be back on the site again!! I thought my computer was having problems!!

Anyway, I thought this episode was definitly a "Stephnie Weir" episode. She did a great job and was almost in every sketch. She was hilarious!! However, this was another Mo-less one too!!

Dot at the spelling bee was so hilarious!! OMG....I couldn't believe how much I missed seeing Dot. She was great. It was funny when Bobby loses and Dot feels bad for him and gives him her gum...right out of her mouth...LOL!! However, this proved to me that Dot really is smart on the inside...I mean she spelled a word(I don't remember which one but it was a hard word)and won the championship!! Maybe she's smarter than we think. LOL!!

Rusty at the Oscars was funny....especially when he asked Diane Keaton(Stephnie) if he can kiss her on the neck and she's all "Yes".....that was cute!!

The Olsen twins was so funny!! Stephnie once again does a great job as Mary-Kate and Ashley.

The encore was funny...it was good to see Debra again!!

The other sketches were okay....But I really enjoyed these three...to me, they were the highlight of the whole show!!

Old 03/02/2004, 8:25 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Dot rocked this time around. We had a group of people over and they were all in hysterics throughout the whole Dot sketch. This proves that she can still be a very funny character even without her mother and sister.

The rest of the material was ok. I never remembered that Season 8 Spishak sketch as being so funny, but I thought it was hysterical after watching it for the second time. The highlights of this episode all included Stephnie, who is by far this season's strongest cast member after Mo's departure.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 03/02/2004, 7:25 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by ashcan05
does anybody else have the capability to capture episodes, in case hivolt cant recover #917? i figure that the community as a whole has all the other season 9 ones...
I captured the episode. I'll have to edit it and hopefully I'll post it later on tonight.

Old 03/02/2004, 6:36 AM
Regular

does anybody else have the capability to capture episodes, in case hivolt cant recover #917? i figure that the community as a whole has all the other season 9 ones...

Old 03/01/2004, 6:31 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

I had this review done by Sunday morning 2:30 AM. So I'll just paste what I typed up in Word.

Colgate Toothpaste: Stephnie’s character is one that can’t keep a commitment. She uses Crest White Strips, only to be put down by Nicole, Gillian, and Daniele about not keeping commitments. Comments such as “institutionalizing your mom and not visiting her,” as well as “adopting a dog and letting it die in the woods” were thrown about, but I like the ending of this sketch about having white teeth because of brushing them. An interesting starter sketch. 4.5/5

Dot Competes At The National Spelling Bee Championships!: ESPN hosts the National Spelling Bee. There are only 3 contestants left and Dot ends up winning the spelling bee. I liked how they showed the clips of other people losing, with Nicole’s reaction being the best out of all of them. Everyone did well in this sketch. Dot seems to be put in the most awkward situations, but it’s working. 5/5

Rusty- Official Seat Filler At The Academy Awards: Rusty is at the Academy Awards when he keeps getting seated next to celebrities- Charlise Theron (Gillian), Renee Zellweger (Nicole) and Diane Keaton (Stephnie). When Diane Keaton came on, I thought it was Martha Stewart, because of her trial cases lately and how she was always wearing sunglasses. My favorite part was Rusty telling Diane Keaton that she had “filth-constipation”. I’m surprised that Rusty hasn’t been on for a while, but it was good to see him back. This sketch was better than his other Rusty sketches. 4/5

American Political Idol w/ Bill O’Reily: The weird thing about this sketch was that when Howard Dean (Ike) started singing a remake of She Bangs, the ad on the bottom of the screen showed that American Idol: Uncut, Uncensored & Untalented showed up and that William Hung’s face showed. I doubt this was planned, but maybe by accident. Hillary Clinton (Nicole) also wants the Democrats to lose so she can run for the presidential election in 2008, because Bush won’t be able to serve a third term. Clinton had evil eyes, and that was funny. Other than that, the rest of the sketch was only okay. Anyone notice that Keegan-Michael Key played Al Roker in this sketch? 2.5/5

Cold Mountain v. Lord of The Rings Family Feud: The only thing that I liked about this sketch was that they did a great make-up job on both families. The person playing Richard Karn didn’t even look like him. This sketch felt incomplete and repetitive. 1/5

MADtv Is Brought To You By…: BET Films sponsors the second half of MADtv. I like these interruptors and I wasn’t even expecting one before a sketch. Apparently this was recently put together, because they mention the new movie “The Passion of The Christ: This Bus Is Crowded.” Other sponsors were “Seabiscuit & Waffles,” “Finding Negro,” and “American Paper Company.” I started cracking up when they mentioned Finding Negro, but they directly attacked SNL when they said that “American Paper Company” was responsible for recycling their cue cards for the last 29 years. 4.5/5

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s Hip Hop Sock Hop: This targeted the fact that the twins are turning 18. Everyone seems to think that they are the hottest item around in this sketch. The funny thing was that Mary-Kate was always better than Ashley in this sketch. I thought this sketch was only okay. I think that Kathryn Fiore did a better Olsen Twins. 2.5/5

Self-Incrimination: I’m not sure if Keegan’s character was the same character from a couple of episodes ago, because he did mention about the arson. Anyways, the point of the sketch was to get out of a bank robbery charge, but then Keegan denies this charge and gives reasons for not doing it, and all the reasons are because of a different criminal offense. Not the best sketch but definitely watchable. 3/5

MADtv ENCORE- Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! ‘98 (#814): At least they chose another decent encore. It was great to see Debra again, and I liked the mess-ups that were apparent, like black line splitting screen, and Debra picking up the phone before it even rings. 3.5/5

Clay Aiken on American Political Idol: I like the American National Anthem. It was great to hear it again tonight, because I went to my college’s basketball games. But I think they could have used a better closing. 3/5

This episode started out really good. This episode wasn’t as bad as the last two. It was a decent episode. I think the new women’s cast gel pretty well together (Stephnie, Daniele, Nicole and Gillian). Also the make-up department seems to do a good job when it comes to making people look young. I liked the Spelling Bee Championship sketch the best. I am going to give this episode a 6.5/10.

Bunifa: Yo, Yo, Yo. Who you callin' a bitch? Do I look like yo momma?

Old 03/01/2004, 5:46 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

This episode was pretty good. I loved the Dot sketch, the Olsen twins thing was great, Stephnie was amazing. I forgot what was the rest by now, I'll have to watch it again lol... It was not a very pleasant weekend for me.

Old 03/01/2004, 4:59 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by MJB12
Why is Mo Collins still credited although she is no longer a cast member? Debra Wilson was removed after she left even though she still appeared in some episodes this season.

Debra's appearances this season have been in Encored sketches from Last Season. If you look at the credits at the end of the show you'll notice that her name appears under "Special Appearance By"

Mo however is still technically a castmember because they have yet to air her final two sketch appearances, so therefore she is still listed in the credits.

Old 03/01/2004, 4:47 PM
0ld sk00l

....That's because she's in encores...that were from last season's episodes...

My Fanfics