Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 15 (2016)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of #1501?
Open: Backstage Prayer 0 0%
The CNN Trulywed Game 0 0%
Dora the Explorer Goes to Los Angeles 1 10.00%
#sheandwe 0 0%
Previously on Game of Thrones 1 10.00%
Bachelor 3 30.00%
HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #1-2 0 0%
Lounge Ex 5 50.00%
Ned Stark - Make Westeros Great Again Campaign #1-2 0 0%
Close: Will, Nicole and Cast 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/31/2016, 12:56 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Is it only 8? I thought it was 10.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 07/31/2016, 9:28 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

The restaurant sketch was the best actually.
Old 07/31/2016, 9:30 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Michelle is the star of the show in my opinion.
Old 08/01/2016, 2:14 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't know how I feel about Michelle. The best sketch she had was The Forte Hustle, and that's because she was just acting like a normal person. I didn't like the Dora sketch very much because it felt like it was too old, and she was too annoying, and I didn't like her as Penelope Cruz because I also felt that Penelope Cruz seemed like a really dated impression.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/06/2016, 7:00 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
Michelle is the star of the show in my opinion.
Michelle is, in my opinion, the strongest castmember thus far.

Oh and yes I'm back everyone!!

Here's to a successful Season 15 for MADtv
Old 09/05/2016, 8:58 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I have some time, so I am going to go back through as many of the episodes as I can and give a review in my previous style.

Open: Will and Nicole Introduce the New Cast: This was an interesting opening, but I wish it had more interaction between the new cast and Will and Nicole. Did not think it was a great way to begin the show with Michelle's death chant. It was ok, but I was just expecting more.

The CNN Trulywed Game: This may not have been my choice to start off the new era, but it wasn't bad. Will's Bill Clinton is very solid, and I am alot higher on Piotr's Donald Trump than most people (blackwind). The best part of the sketch was probably Michelle's Melania Trump. It is funny, even if it began Michelle's incessant need to continually have Melania say "Whatever the Donald says" whenever she does the impersonation of her.

Dora the Explorer Visits Downtown Los Angeles: Did not like this sketch. It felt way too dated. Michelle's Dora was kind of annoying. The only thing that made this sketch good was Jeremy's Blackpack. This was probably the worst sketch of the night.

#sheandwe: Very weird sketch. Did not know why they thought people would react with enthusiasm to an Elizabeth Warren based sketch. Also, why was this the only Nicole centric sketch in the episode. I wanted Vancome Lady! Jeremy was the only one who saved this sketch for me. It was just weird, and not very funny.

Previously on Game of Thrones: I don't watch Game of Thrones, but as a person who doesn't I still enjoyed this sketch since it talked about how someone trying to get into it now wouldn't get it. It was as confusing for me as it was for the characters.

Bachelor: Will's Kenny Rogers is so funny, and Will was on form too. Will wrote this sketch so it shows that he is really on the ball of what The Bachelor is all about. It's very much like that. The black woman getting brought a certain way into the game before being eliminated, the winner not wanting to marry because she was just using the game to get herself farther. So much good stuff here. Well done Will.

HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #1: This sketch was a lot like the sketch done with Snow White back in season 8. I get why they did this sketch, as it is a great way to showcase the impressions, especially of a new cast, but I'm not sure if this worked. The animation in the corner looked cheap, and some impressions like Lyric's Nicki Manaj, Michelle's Penelope Cruz, and Adam's Tony Danza just didn't work. The best were Piotr's Steve Buscemi and Jeremy's Tracy Morgan. Overall though, it ended to suddenly, and just didn't carry for me.

The Forte Hustle: Best sketch of the night. This is the kind of sketch I want. On a set, funny concept, and a twist. Best of the night.

HBO First Look: Cinderella Havin' A Ball #2: Not sure if it was needed, but I guess they are really going to be padding out the sketches like they did last season. Meh.

Stark 2016 #1: Again, I don't watch Game of Thrones, so this didn't work entirely, but I did enjoy it. Piotr is what made it work.

Stark 2016 #2: I felt this one was funnier, but not enough to put it ahead of the first one. They are both pretty even for me.

Close: Will, Nicole and Cast Sign Off: I'll give it a 4 star, but only because it did exactly what it needed to do. It just didn't have comedy, which should be in every part of this show.

Overall: Not a great beginning to the shows run in my opinion. They could have done with some better sketches. I don't know if it's because they are on Tuesday's at 9:00, but the show was missing some edge for me. I'll have to hope that the next episodes are better.

As for the evaluation 38 out of 55 stars, which means that this episode would rate at about a B-. I guess that's good. It's a kind grade. We'll see if the episodes get better from here.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/09/2016, 11:08 AM
Fresh Meat

I loved MADtv when it was on FOX. The talent was so good. SNL couldn't hold a candle to it. It was a shame FOX had to drop it and let that cast get away. I guess they know their business better than I do, but it was one of very few shows I followed on TV.

I was very excited to hear about the return of MAD. Using some vintage clips and cameos by previous stars seemed a good way to kick start it. I thought it had a few moments, but to me it just didn't seem like the writing was that good. The new talent was OK. I think Adam Ray is about the best thing they have going for them so far. The writing didn't exactly help anybody shine that brightly, though. Even the old MAD alums couldn't pull some of that off.

I hope the show doesn't get kicked to the curb. As good as it was on FOX, there is no reason it can't get back there again. They just need better writing and at least one more cutting edge personality. We all know what it comes down to, though. Hopefully someone will come up with the money it will take to make it work.