Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/14/2003, 6:06 PM
Totally F****able

Exclamation EPISODE THAT AIRED ON 11/23/02

Does anyone have an extra copy of this episode on video???

I missed this one! (was eating dinner with brothers girlfriends family...........i dont really know why.......she's not my gf!)

I read another thread that said that during one of the sketches, Mo was major drunk! I would've given my left lung to see that I bet it was cool!.............

So now I wanna see it...........anyone with an extra copy who'd be willing to send it to me, drop me a line or message me on yahoo.

THANKS

Old 02/14/2003, 6:59 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Umm... There's a separate sketch request thread in this forum. You should post there if you're asking for tapes of MADtv.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 02/14/2003, 7:04 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Actually, the Red Carpet sketch in that episode (#807) was pretty lame IMO, a real disappointment to me, considering how impressed I was by the one in #803.
Debra had some funny lines, but not anywhere near as much as she did at the Emmys; but still, most of the humor was supplied from her. Other than this weird face she did, Mo wasn't very funny, probably because she WAS so drunk. The people they interviewed weren't funny at all, unlike the Emmys, where celebrities such as Bryan Cranston were actually pretty funny.
Old 02/14/2003, 7:05 PM

Oh, and I don't know if you should seek for the whole episode. It wasn't that special, it was just okay. Instead I would rather just look out for good individual sketches (like the 7th Heaven one).. you can ask HiVolt if by chance he has any vidcaps from the episode.
Old 02/14/2003, 7:11 PM
Totally F****able

ahhh...............thanks guys............i'm actually new at this so i dont exactly know where to go for what..........

I'm sure Mo's being hell@ drunk had a lot of effect on her performance............Who in their right mind let her get so drunk anyway............
Old 02/14/2003, 7:13 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
ahhh...............thanks guys............i'm actually new at this so i dont exactly know where to go for what..........

I'm sure Mo's being hell@ drunk had a lot of effect on her performance............Who in their right mind let her get so drunk anyway............
#807 wasn't that good, so I suggest that you wait until sweeps arrive so that you can catch a rerun. But if you really want to see it, maybe you should send a PM to HiVolt.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 02/14/2003, 7:27 PM

Well, she wasn't drunk enough where she couldn't even stand up... she just said a lot of stupid stuff that wasn't funny. Yeah, it definitely had an effect.
Old 02/14/2003, 10:08 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Personally, I thought that Mo and Debra at the Die Another Day premiere was pretty funny. The best parts were when Mo had something stuffed in her upper lip (forget what it was) and when they started dragging away the sign for the movie. It wasn't as good as the Emmy one with Debra & Michael, but it was still good. In general, I like the red carpet stuff.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson