Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/18/2003, 5:50 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

I don't know if there's much more to say on the episode..

Old 02/18/2003, 6:27 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Yup. And every thread somehow manages to get off-topic anyhow...

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 02/18/2003, 8:14 PM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

yea, i understand there's nothing else to say about the episode but you guys should take the conversations about school and other things elsewhere..like the Off Topic Forum. :p
Old 02/18/2003, 8:38 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Ok, but it's hard not to change the subject, lol...

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Old 04/03/2003, 7:15 PM
Christina Aguilera

Thumbs Up

Any pictures or lyrics on "Virginal". Thanks!!!
Old 04/17/2003, 11:11 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by GeckoDirect
Any pictures or lyrics on "Virginal". Thanks!!!
Hey, you even ended up creating a transcript yourself. Great work!

--Reality Check

Old 04/26/2003, 1:58 PM
Christina Aguilera

Quote:
Originally posted by MADMADMAD
Hey, you even ended up creating a transcript yourself. Great work!
THANKS!

"Well Hello!"
"Oh great, a talking gecko!"
Old 07/05/2003, 1:59 PM
0ld sk00l

Umm I think Aries was the voice of Chucky Brown- So he was absent but his voice was still in a sketch..

My Fanfics
Old 07/05/2003, 4:52 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Yeah, you're right. I didn't see this episode , but I believe they're showing the rerun soon.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 07/05/2003, 6:08 PM
0ld sk00l

Yeah I need to retape this one.. First of all, I missed the Virginal video.. then after the Connie Chung sketch, My tape ran out of room so I didn't get to tape the other stuff!! GRRRrr! And I really want Ep. #811.. I know you probably thought it was crap, But i liked it heh..

My Fanfics
Old 07/13/2003, 7:04 PM
I'm Content With Losing

saw it for the first time last night. Nice episode, asked my mom to tape it while I was in New York.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 06/01/2004, 5:14 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #815

Music Video: Christina Aguleira "Virginal"
This was good, i liked this. But for Christina Moore's only appearance in the episode i would have rather seen her in a sketch where it's more reflective of her comedic talents and not so much her looks.
3.5/5

Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: Marital Breakdown
It actually surprises me how many different insults they can come up with in these sketches as he always talks about the same topics (mostly his wife). Still this was pretty good, as good as most installments.
3.5/5

Sponsor: How To Lose Eight Bucks In Two Hours
I'm kinda sick of these after seeing all the ones in season 9 but you've gotta laugh at the title which is most probably true for this movie.
3/5

Happy V.D. Chucky Brown
It's always interesting when they do these crossover segments, they should do them more like they did in the earlier seasons. This sketch was funny, it was better than the first attempt earlier in the season.
3/5

Joe Millionaire II
This sketch seemed a little up and down, but for the most part it was funny. Although i don't know why they are persisting with Bunifa screaming at the end of sketches like the last one (not funny the second time).
3/5

O'Reilly Factor: Self-Debate
This wasn't that great, i liked the other ones in this season better than this. The funny thing is about these sketches is they make Michael look different every time which is weird plus the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen is always funny to read.
2.5/5

Dare Devil Premier
I liked this, probably cause i've had more time to get used to Ike after seeing season 9 episodes which wasn't the case when this first aired, judging by the comments in the other reviews.
4/5

Connie Chung Tonight: Fond Memories
This was alright nothing hugely funny about this, i liked the part when Frank messed up his line that was good. Mo was good also.
3/5

Encore: Trina's Valentine (#615)
This was good, the first appearance of Jim Cockhurtz on the show was interesting i didn't really think he was that funny when he first appeared but i think he got better in later sketches.
3/5

Dot: Nursing Home
This had a different sort of idea to it where Dot wasn't portrayed so much as an annoying character but more like hyperactive child. It was funny when it showed Dot driving on the footpath with the electric wheelchair.
3/5

Close: Connie Chung Tonight
This was funny it was good to see someone else screw up besides Mo.
5/5

Overall
While this wasn't an awesome episode i still found it pretty entertaining and enjoyable on the whole.
6.5/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Old 06/01/2004, 8:57 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

This episode was pretty good, IMO. I loved the Christina video, so funny. DPTTM was bad, although I thought Josh and Stephnie both were great in their roles, but I just don't like this character at all. The Chuckie Brown sketch was pretty much exactly the same as the last one, but not as funny.

Stephnie was so funny in the Joe Millionaire sketch, but that's about where it ends. Looking at Lorraines stretch marks and scabs and scratches was gross, and Bunifa was a screaming banshee. It sucks major ass that Bunifa's last sketch was this one, and it was a total burnout. She deserved better.

I hate the O'Reilly segments, probably because I don't know who Bill O'Reilly is, but I did notice that the sketches keep changing, like his hair, makeup, audience applause and theme song. Still, this sucked.

Ike and Debra at the DareDevil premiere was... weird. His teeth were yellow, and hers were so white... LMAO, disgusting. He probably smokes way too much and drinks too much coffee . I guess he did get some good one liners in, but the whole Jennifer Garner thing was just so weird... I didn't know what she was thinking. Probably that he was a total loser. I was seriously laughing when Debra started screaming and throwing Candy to the audience. THAT was hilarious!

Connie Chung: This was allright, all the performances were good, although it didn't really stand out or anything.

Encore: Trina's Valentine: This started out annoying, but I liked it by the end of the sketch... awww cute. LOL.

Dot: This was weird, it felt like Stephnie was off or something. It didn't really feel like a Dot sketch, because she seemed subdued or something. It was still pretty funny though, especially the wheelchair thing.

Overall: I'll agree with funny_guy here and give it a 6.5/10. I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on an episode. LOL

Old 08/23/2005, 3:08 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

TVGuide.com: What's the secret to being Christina Aguilera?
Moore: Well, I can say it to you and you can find a way to print it: Her f---pants. Her red leather f---pants. [Laughs] My favorite spoof was the video for Beautiful, but it was, "Now I'm virginal/I've changed my slutty ways...." It was all soulful and thoughtful and then we just busted out into the outfit from Dirty with the f---pants.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/.../03insider.htm

Old 02/14/2007, 1:59 PM
zlolz

Music Video: Virginal: An awesome music video! Christina Moore's first sketch and also her best sketch. Considering most S8 music videos sucked (IMO) this was a hilarious exception. 5-star sketch.
Mofaz: Newlywed Couple: Best Mofaz...ever. I really liked this one, like I said, the best Mofaz ever.
Fake Sponser: How to Lose Eight Dollars in an Hour: This only lasted about 3 seconds and the joke in it wasn't really funny. But no rating.
Chucky Brown: Valentine's Day: This was funny. Not amazing, but funny.
Bill O'Reily: This was pretty awful and pointless. It got old really fast. Not good.
Joe Millionare II: Ok, it was REALLY weird to see the Anna Nicole Smith impression considering what happened, but I still liked this sketch, though they could've done a little bit more with it. Besides, Lorraine stole the sketch, IMO.
Dare Devil Red Carpet: I think Ike is good at the red carpet as well as Debra. Kind of an odd paring, but still good...so
Connie Chung Tonight: Great sketch! All 3 castmembers did great. Bobby's Connie Chung impression is hilarious no matter what anyone says.
Dot: Nursing Home: An AWESOME Dot, one of my favorites. Stephnie is a GENUIS.
Encore: Trina: They didn't even say this was an encore. Anyway, this was good, definitley one of the best Trina sketches. (4 stars originally)
Closing: I don't rate closings, but I loved this, because bloopers rule.
Overall: I really liked this episode. Only one sketch bombed (Bill O'Reily) and the rest ranged from decent to awesome. Good episode.

8/10