Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/12/2009, 4:29 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post Ike's Script Attracts One of Hollywood's Biggest Stars

Thanks to nick for the information.

When you think of Ike Barinholtz you think of MADtv star, master impressionist, and one of the best White sidekicks to a Black/Asian man that ever lived, but now you can also add successful script writer to the list, as Ike has finished a script that has not only been picked up by Universal Studios, but has also nailed down one of today's biggest comedic talents to play the lead role.

For the last few months Ike, along with friend Dave Stassen has been writing a script called Central Intelligence, about an accountant, who after getting in touch with an old friend through the social networking site Facebook is forced into a world of international espionage.

The script and the idea must be very good, as not only was it picked up by Universal Studios but Universal also was able to grab comedy mega star Ed Helms to play the lead role. That's right, former Daily Show correspondent, current Office cast member, and the man who recently played a starring role in The Hangover, the biggest comedy of the year so far, has been nailed down to play the lead, in a movie our very own Ike Barinholtz wrote.

I, like most of you out there, congratulate Ike on this stellar achievement. Let's hope this is the beginning of what could be a great writing career for the former MADtv star. Who knows, maybe if Central Intelligence becomes a box office smash, Ike could pen the script to another future box office smash, MADtv the Movie (A man can dream can't he?).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 08/16/2009, 9:21 PM
Obsessed!

I would kill for a MAD TV movie. Or even a Stuart Movie with other MAD characters in it.

Good for IKE though, I'm glad his career is still going full force!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 08/30/2009, 8:26 PM
Fresh Meat

Some sort of big madtv special or something like that would be cool too. like, a one-off reunion show or something like that.