Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/27/2004, 6:21 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

**Note to Mystere for the WHO/WHAT**

Lord of the Bling: Simon played Gollum. There was no other possible part in this episode that he could have played, and he was listed in the opening credits. Bobby played Kazaam's army.

The Jumprope girls are called "The Sky Jumpers". It was in the credits.

Sorority Row: Ron played one of the frat boys who raided Cookie Nakamura's panties drawer.

Last edited by Dartanian; 04/29/2004 at 3:42 AM.

Old 04/28/2004, 12:17 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I have that sketch listed as "Double Dutch: Terror Alert" and I don't want to update all the threads w/ them, remind me when when we do a guide for them in the other thread. Thanks for all the updates. It's nice to have someone come back behind me watching all these eps again.

Old 04/30/2004, 5:35 AM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #809

Ive been a little busy lately but heres my review anyway...... (like anyone cares )

Music Video: Justin Timberlake "Like I Am You"
This was good, seeing Jill as Michael Jackson was funny. EDIT: Maybe it wasnt Jill after all but it was funny nevertheless.
3/5

The Lords of the Bling: The Two Ta-Tas
This was alright, i didnt really enjoy this as much as the first one in season 7 dunno why.
2.5/5

Sears Themed Portrait Studios
Funny stuff, the best part was the celebrities at the end. LMAO little Ozzy Osborne baby!
3/5

Trina: IHOP Job Interview
This was good, not as sharp as the previous sketches, although the ending was funny.
2.5/5

Double Dutch: Terror Alert
Never liked these sketches they seemed pretty stupid to me.
0/5

The O'Reilly Factor: Interview w/ Janeanne Garafolo
I liked this, although i dont find Franks impression to be very convincing he doesnt really sound like her.
3/5

Sorority Row: Cookie
This was funny, you just had to laugh at poor old Cookie even though it was mean to. Mo's character is probably the funniest IMO.
3.5/5

Bunifa: Laker Girl Audition
This was good, it was funny how she was like all angry and then goes quiet.
3/5

Dot: The Good News Forum
Good sketch, as usual Dot's little random comments were the centre piece in this. Thumbs up.
3/5

Backstage: Ike w/ Puddle of Mudd
It was good to see something different in the show, this was pretty good although Ike was running "oh so" close to being annoying.
3/5

Musical Performance: Puddle of Mudd "She Hates Me"
As usual i didnt watch this.......
0/5

Close: Ike Flirts with the Girls
My tape cut out in the previous sketch so i missed this.
-/-

Overall
Not a bad episode and from my calculations it seems we get a fairly decent show (wow that sounded really gay and no...... i am not ).
6/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Last edited by funny_guy; 07/30/2004 at 8:28 PM.
Old 07/08/2004, 4:10 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Sorry guys, it wasn't Jill playing Michael Jackson, it was Edward Moss. He's a professional MJ impersonator, and was in an episode of Nip/Tuck as a boy whose life ironically mirrored Michael Jacksons, and he was also MJ in Scary Movie 3.

Kate Ross played one of the little girls in the Sears Portrait sketch.

2 of the 3 "Skyjumpers" are Erica Hubbard and Karima Westbrook.

Old 07/08/2004, 11:04 AM
Totally F****able

Eh, ok...............

Old 07/08/2004, 11:37 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
Sorry guys, it wasn't Jill playing Michael Jackson, it was Edward Moss. He's a professional MJ impersonator, and was in an episode of Nip/Tuck as a boy whose life ironically mirrored Michael Jacksons, and he was also MJ in Scary Movie 3.

Kate Ross played one of the little girls in the Sears Portrait sketch.

2 of the 3 "Skyjumpers" are Erica Hubbard and Karima Westbrook.

imdb is dumb, they list him as "Michael Jackson Impersonator" when he wasn't, he was playing MJ himself.

Old 02/26/2007, 3:47 PM
zlolz

Music Video: Like I Am You: One of the better Season 8 music videos. It wasn't great, but it was decent, and it had it's moments. Not bad overall.
Lord of the Bling II: The Two Ta-Tas: Not as good as the first one, but still hilarious. Aries's Bill Cosby is one of the few impressions of his that really crack me up.
Sears Portraits: A pretty hilarious sketch, just really funny all-around. Top-notch material.
Trina: IHOP Job Interview: Probably one of the worst Trina sketches, but it was still decent, although pretty gross (aren't all Trina sketches?).
Double Dutch: These sketches are kinda stupid, but this was alright, not horrible, not great.
O'Reily Factor: This was hilarious! Michael's impression flat out sucks, so usually these sketches flat out suck, but Frank saved this. Really good.
Soritory Row: Cookie: This was also hilarious. I loved the Sorority sketches, and this was probably the best one of them all..besides maybe the one with Paul in S9. Thumbs up! Great performance from Bobby.
Bunifa: Laker Girls Audition: This was EXCELLENT and without a doubt a five-star sketch. I love Bunifa, and this sketch just rocked overall, maybe even one of the best Bunifa sketches ever.
Dot: The Good News Forum: Another hilarious sketch. This was awesome, a five-star sketch, as well. Season 8 was Dot's strongest year, IMO. The Jesus photos were the best part.
Ike Backstage with Puddle of Mudd: This was a cool little segment, but not particularlly funny.
Close: Ike and the Girls: Just a close, no rating, but I will say Season 8 was one of Ike's best years, if not his best.

Overall: This episode had a few "meh" sketches (Double Dutch, Ike Backstage), but it was weighed out by the awesome sketces (Bunifa, Dot) so it all comes out to being a pretty strong episode.

8/10