Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/06/2008, 9:05 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Any fans here over 30 years old?

I came from an older generation of madtv fans and I’m a little out of touch with today’s pop culture. Back in those days the kids at school did impressions of “Stan the java man”, the UBS guy, the Eracists and we also watched “In living color” before Madtv replaced it.

In the past couple of seasons, I don’t know half the shows they’re doing parodies of along with most of the music videos. After watching an episode I had to go look up who “Hannah Montana” is and “Amy Winehouse.” The last reality tv show I’ve seen was the very first American Idol. I don’t know what Girlicious is, I’ve never seen High School Musical or the Kardashians and I hardly recognize any of the people Arden interviews during those red carpet segments.

I haven’t been keeping up with pop culture trends since the day I left college. Is there anyone else here in the same situation?

I’m not complaining about the quality of the show but it might be time for people my age to move on. After 13 years I don’t think I’m in Madtv’s demographic anymore. The reason why I stuck with the show for so long is because I still like some of the character sketches.

Old 10/06/2008, 9:45 PM
Totally F****able

Not really.I mean im almost 31 and I am fairly in the know when it comes to current pop culture. It also helps that I have 7 nieces and nephews who can tell me whats what.

Old 10/06/2008, 9:48 PM
Hardcore Fan

I'm over 30 years old, and I'm a fan of the original cast of MADtv
Old 10/20/2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I'm 30 and I was an original fan of the show since 1995... Several years ago the show just started going in a different direction and as much as I tried, I couldnt keep interest...