Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #161  
Old 05/09/2007, 10:42 PM
ef_7's Avatar
ef_7 Male ef_7 is offline
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
Broadway's Hairspray as Edna Turnblad

Source: broadway.com
wow thats really awesome!! good for paul!

__________________


"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
__________________
Reply With Quote




  #162  
Old 05/10/2007, 8:17 PM
Dartanian's Avatar
Dartanian Male Dartanian is offline
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,606
PAUL: I did three years. Which was good, I had an out after my third year because of my brother, I didn't want to be stuck on a show without him because we had always hoped to do something together. And then I left and ended up doing Hairspray in Vegas and I've been doing a lot of stage work since then and he's been in LA working, but we're still working on our thing. It was great, I had a great time. We would do live shows in front of an audience; and the difference between us and Mad TV is our stuff gets edited – I mean between us and Mad TV – between us it's Saturday Night Live. So they're live, and they get to see all of their flubs, which are hysterical and all of their stuff. We filmed in front of a live audience, but if something didn't work we could go back and fix it because it would be edited for air when you saw the show.

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17637

__________________
What happened to Andrae?
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 05/10/2007, 8:33 PM
Rurry's Avatar
Rurry Male Rurry is offline
zlolz
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Yerk
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
PAUL: I did three years. Which was good, I had an out after my third year because of my brother, I didn't want to be stuck on a show without him because we had always hoped to do something together. And then I left and ended up doing Hairspray in Vegas and I've been doing a lot of stage work since then and he's been in LA working, but we're still working on our thing. It was great, I had a great time. We would do live shows in front of an audience; and the difference between us and Mad TV is our stuff gets edited – I mean between us and Mad TV – between us it's Saturday Night Live. So they're live, and they get to see all of their flubs, which are hysterical and all of their stuff. We filmed in front of a live audience, but if something didn't work we could go back and fix it because it would be edited for air when you saw the show.

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17637
"I had an out"...does this mean he WASN'T fired?


Anyway, it's definitley an interesting read. I'm happy for Paul - it seems Broadway is his niche

__________________
:doctor:
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 05/11/2007, 10:36 AM
Debrafan's Avatar
Debrafan Male Debrafan is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 572
I was watching MadTV reruns the other day and he was on. I miss Paul. He was awsome...especailly when he played Angela's cousin Natalie.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 05/11/2007, 6:33 PM
Rurry's Avatar
Rurry Male Rurry is offline
zlolz
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Yerk
Posts: 2,732
I realize the abuse I'm about to set myself up for, but ok.

Honestly, I liked Paul at first, but re-watching the Season 8/9/10 episodes made me like him a little less. He was always playing a fat guy or a girl and was kind of annoying. He was kinda like Bobby Lee, only with overweight people instead of asians He wasn't bad, but I think he's kinda overrated.

*hides*

__________________
:doctor:
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 07/02/2007, 9:57 AM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
I am watching "Live w/Regis & Kelly" right now and Paul was just on it. He sang a number from the Broadway production of "Hairspray" with Jerry Mathers (aka The Beaver from "Leave It To Beaver")

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 07/02/2007, 12:53 PM
Cacilie's Avatar
Cacilie Female Cacilie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grass Valley,California
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
I am watching "Live w/Regis & Kelly" right now and Paul was just on it. He sang a number from the Broadway production of "Hairspray" with Jerry Mathers (aka The Beaver from "Leave It To Beaver")
AAAA!If I had known about Paul being on Live With Regis And Kelly today,I would have set my VCR timer to record it!I don't usually watch the show,and don't even know what time it's on in my time zone(I think 9-ish),that's how much I haven't watched it.I bet Paul was fantastic like usual,though!I'm eating my heart out over you having seen it,Scorpiogrrl4405,but in a GOOD way!

Cacilie cacilie@sbcglobal.net

__________________
I think Paul Vogt is very cute,very talented,and very nice!
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 07/02/2007, 1:15 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacilie View Post
AAAA!If I had known about Paul being on Live With Regis And Kelly today,I would have set my VCR timer to record it!I don't usually watch the show,and don't even know what time it's on in my time zone(I think 9-ish),that's how much I haven't watched it.I bet Paul was fantastic like usual,though!I'm eating my heart out over you having seen it,Scorpiogrrl4405,but in a GOOD way!

Cacilie cacilie@sbcglobal.net


I don't think anyone really knew he'd be on it. When I saw him I was surprised because He wasn't mentioned in the opening of the show. So it wasn't until Jerry Mathers started singing that I saw Paul.....They sang one song, and it was at the very end of the show, maybe the last 10 minutes of it. Then after the final commercial break Regis held up a headshot of Paul the way he normally looks and he was all like "This is Paul Vogt and this is what he normally looks like" and Paul smiled and posed.

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 07/02/2007, 1:32 PM
Cacilie's Avatar
Cacilie Female Cacilie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grass Valley,California
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
I don't think anyone really knew he'd be on it. When I saw him I was surprised because He wasn't mentioned in the opening of the show. So it wasn't until Jerry Mathers started singing that I saw Paul.....They sang one song, and it was at the very end of the show, maybe the last 10 minutes of it. Then after the final commercial break Regis held up a headshot of Paul the way he normally looks and he was all like "This is Paul Vogt and this is what he normally looks like" and Paul smiled and posed.
AWWW!I can almost picture that!Again,I say,"AWWWW!"

Cacilie cacilie@sbcglobal.net

__________________
I think Paul Vogt is very cute,very talented,and very nice!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 07/02/2007, 4:28 PM
elscorcho Male elscorcho is offline
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,232
I caught it when I was on break at work. It was...weird.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 07/02/2007, 8:40 PM
potroastpig's Avatar
potroastpig Male potroastpig is offline
Obsessed!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,415
did they sing: "You're timeless to me"......that song is halarious...I love that show, I would kill to see Paul in it! He would make an amazing Edna.

__________________
I love Nicole Sullivan, Alex Borestien, Mo Collins, Debra Wilson, Nicole Parker, Danielle Gaither, Paul Vogt, and Mary Scheer.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 07/02/2007, 8:43 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
did they sing: "You're timeless to me"......that song is halarious...I love that show, I would kill to see Paul in it! He would make an amazing Edna.

I think so......He actually looked kinda like his charlotte rae impresseion except with blonde hair....he looked pretty good and he's got such a good singing voice.

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 07/02/2007, 8:46 PM
potroastpig's Avatar
potroastpig Male potroastpig is offline
Obsessed!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
I think so......He actually looked kinda like his charlotte rae impresseion except with blonde hair....he looked pretty good and he's got such a good singing voice.

I would of loved to see it......is it on youtube do you know? Does he really have a good singing voice? That makes him just that much more talented!

__________________
I love Nicole Sullivan, Alex Borestien, Mo Collins, Debra Wilson, Nicole Parker, Danielle Gaither, Paul Vogt, and Mary Scheer.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 07/02/2007, 9:33 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I would of loved to see it......is it on youtube do you know? Does he really have a good singing voice? That makes him just that much more talented!
I doubt its on YouTube yet only because they just aired it today...... I think he's got a good singing voice

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 07/02/2007, 9:34 PM
Cacilie's Avatar
Cacilie Female Cacilie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grass Valley,California
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I would of loved to see it......is it on youtube do you know? Does he really have a good singing voice? That makes him just that much more talented!
Here's a link to a video I found on You Tube of Paul in a regional production of Hairspray at North Shore Music Theatre.Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qnFfzmSv3o



Cacilie cacilie@sbcglobal.net

__________________
I think Paul Vogt is very cute,very talented,and very nice!
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 09/11/2007, 6:13 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Where Are They Now???: Paul is currently on Broadway in New York City playing the role of "Edna Turnblad" in Hairspray

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11/03/2007, 9:54 PM
DotFan Male DotFan is offline
Fresh Meat
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4
I saw Paul in "Hairspray" twice. I saw him the last time few weeks ago. I got him to sign my poster and I got a photo with him:


__________________
"In the cafeteria, the ladies have to wear gloves. I wish the whole world was like that."
-Dot
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 01/31/2008, 3:25 AM
Paul_Vogt_Luvah's Avatar
Paul_Vogt_Luvah Female Paul_Vogt_Luvah is offline
Saul Rubinek Luvah
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 620
I miss Paul on Mad TV. He was so hella funny!!!!

__________________
Originally a Paul luvah. Now a Saul luvah
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 01/31/2008, 3:45 AM
Bad Habit Male Bad Habit is offline
Casual Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 41
Same here...Paul rocked on MAD tv!
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 02/02/2008, 10:44 PM
ef_7's Avatar
ef_7 Male ef_7 is offline
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,133
wow.

welcome back paul_vogt_luvah!!!

__________________


"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[MADtv] The Paul Vogt Timeline tvmanismadformad General Discussion 4 08/03/2008 12:11 PM
[MADtv] Paul Vogt joins up blackwind Front Page News 6 08/09/2005 2:26 PM
[MADtv] Paul Vogt on the big screen! Cat_Named_CeCe Front Page News 2 10/09/2003 7:02 PM
[MADtv] Paul Vogt alert! dumbguy General Discussion 9 10/03/2003 5:30 PM
[MADtv] Paul Vogt Mad Dog General Discussion 2 12/06/2002 6:07 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.