Notices

Old 05/09/2007, 10:42 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
Broadway's Hairspray as Edna Turnblad

Source: broadway.com
wow thats really awesome!! good for paul!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 05/10/2007, 8:17 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

PAUL: I did three years. Which was good, I had an out after my third year because of my brother, I didn't want to be stuck on a show without him because we had always hoped to do something together. And then I left and ended up doing Hairspray in Vegas and I've been doing a lot of stage work since then and he's been in LA working, but we're still working on our thing. It was great, I had a great time. We would do live shows in front of an audience; and the difference between us and Mad TV is our stuff gets edited – I mean between us and Mad TV – between us it's Saturday Night Live. So they're live, and they get to see all of their flubs, which are hysterical and all of their stuff. We filmed in front of a live audience, but if something didn't work we could go back and fix it because it would be edited for air when you saw the show.

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17637

Old 05/10/2007, 8:33 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
PAUL: I did three years. Which was good, I had an out after my third year because of my brother, I didn't want to be stuck on a show without him because we had always hoped to do something together. And then I left and ended up doing Hairspray in Vegas and I've been doing a lot of stage work since then and he's been in LA working, but we're still working on our thing. It was great, I had a great time. We would do live shows in front of an audience; and the difference between us and Mad TV is our stuff gets edited – I mean between us and Mad TV – between us it's Saturday Night Live. So they're live, and they get to see all of their flubs, which are hysterical and all of their stuff. We filmed in front of a live audience, but if something didn't work we could go back and fix it because it would be edited for air when you saw the show.

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17637
"I had an out"...does this mean he WASN'T fired?

Anyway, it's definitley an interesting read. I'm happy for Paul - it seems Broadway is his niche

Old 05/11/2007, 10:36 AM
Hardcore Fan

I was watching MadTV reruns the other day and he was on. I miss Paul. He was awsome...especailly when he played Angela's cousin Natalie.
Old 05/11/2007, 6:33 PM
zlolz

I realize the abuse I'm about to set myself up for, but ok.

Honestly, I liked Paul at first, but re-watching the Season 8/9/10 episodes made me like him a little less. He was always playing a fat guy or a girl and was kind of annoying. He was kinda like Bobby Lee, only with overweight people instead of asians He wasn't bad, but I think he's kinda overrated.

*hides*

Old 07/02/2007, 9:57 AM
Totally F****able

I am watching "Live w/Regis & Kelly" right now and Paul was just on it. He sang a number from the Broadway production of "Hairspray" with Jerry Mathers (aka The Beaver from "Leave It To Beaver")

Old 07/02/2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
I am watching "Live w/Regis & Kelly" right now and Paul was just on it. He sang a number from the Broadway production of "Hairspray" with Jerry Mathers (aka The Beaver from "Leave It To Beaver")
AAAA!If I had known about Paul being on Live With Regis And Kelly today,I would have set my VCR timer to record it!I don't usually watch the show,and don't even know what time it's on in my time zone(I think 9-ish),that's how much I haven't watched it.I bet Paul was fantastic like usual,though!I'm eating my heart out over you having seen it,Scorpiogrrl4405,but in a GOOD way!

Cacilie cacilie@sbcglobal.net

Old 07/02/2007, 1:15 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacilie View Post
AAAA!If I had known about Paul being on Live With Regis And Kelly today,I would have set my VCR timer to record it!I don't usually watch the show,and don't even know what time it's on in my time zone(I think 9-ish),that's how much I haven't watched it.I bet Paul was fantastic like usual,though!I'm eating my heart out over you having seen it,Scorpiogrrl4405,but in a GOOD way!

I don't think anyone really knew he'd be on it. When I saw him I was surprised because He wasn't mentioned in the opening of the show. So it wasn't until Jerry Mathers started singing that I saw Paul.....They sang one song, and it was at the very end of the show, maybe the last 10 minutes of it. Then after the final commercial break Regis held up a headshot of Paul the way he normally looks and he was all like "This is Paul Vogt and this is what he normally looks like" and Paul smiled and posed.

Old 07/02/2007, 1:32 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone really knew he'd be on it. When I saw him I was surprised because He wasn't mentioned in the opening of the show. So it wasn't until Jerry Mathers started singing that I saw Paul.....They sang one song, and it was at the very end of the show, maybe the last 10 minutes of it. Then after the final commercial break Regis held up a headshot of Paul the way he normally looks and he was all like "This is Paul Vogt and this is what he normally looks like" and Paul smiled and posed.
AWWW!I can almost picture that!Again,I say,"AWWWW!"

Old 07/02/2007, 4:28 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I caught it when I was on break at work. It was...weird.
Old 07/02/2007, 8:40 PM
Obsessed!

did they sing: "You're timeless to me"......that song is halarious...I love that show, I would kill to see Paul in it! He would make an amazing Edna.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/02/2007, 8:43 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
did they sing: "You're timeless to me"......that song is halarious...I love that show, I would kill to see Paul in it! He would make an amazing Edna.

I think so......He actually looked kinda like his charlotte rae impresseion except with blonde hair....he looked pretty good and he's got such a good singing voice.

Old 07/02/2007, 8:46 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
I think so......He actually looked kinda like his charlotte rae impresseion except with blonde hair....he looked pretty good and he's got such a good singing voice.

I would of loved to see it......is it on youtube do you know? Does he really have a good singing voice? That makes him just that much more talented!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/02/2007, 9:33 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
I would of loved to see it......is it on youtube do you know? Does he really have a good singing voice? That makes him just that much more talented!
I doubt its on YouTube yet only because they just aired it today...... I think he's got a good singing voice

Old 07/02/2007, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Here's a link to a video I found on You Tube of Paul in a regional production of Hairspray at North Shore Music Theatre.Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qnFfzmSv3o

Old 09/11/2007, 6:13 PM
Totally F****able

Where Are They Now???: Paul is currently on Broadway in New York City playing the role of "Edna Turnblad" in Hairspray

Old 11/03/2007, 9:54 PM
Fresh Meat

I saw Paul in "Hairspray" twice. I saw him the last time few weeks ago. I got him to sign my poster and I got a photo with him:

Old 01/31/2008, 3:25 AM
Saul Rubinek Luvah

I miss Paul on Mad TV. He was so hella funny!!!!

Old 01/31/2008, 3:45 AM
Casual Fan

Same here...Paul rocked on MAD tv!
Old 02/02/2008, 10:44 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

wow.

welcome back paul_vogt_luvah!!!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!