Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/18/2004, 10:49 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

From what I have read, nobody has asked this. So, here my question: What are you going to miss most about MADtv?

PS: you rock mo!

Old 05/19/2004, 7:36 PM
Totally F****able

OK I just got back from spending the last 2 days with my mom and while I was gone, Mo wrote me a message answering some more of your questions.

Here goes: She's 5'9" tall. She lives one block away from Paul, so she knows he is doing well. She was supposed to have dinner with Stephnie and Gillian, but couldn't due to family issues. Michael is well. Everyone is well.

She doesn't know much about Jill and Debra's show but hopes it does well.

She said she doesn't have any regrets in her career. She said she makes choices in her career so that she won't ever have any regrets.

And she said that in regards to teh "many left bitter" comment, that a couple of people left with a bad taste in their mouth. Other just got sick of doing sketches. It's a very tough job, pitching new ideas every week, and hoping your sketches get picked at the table reads. It can wear a person down.

Um.........that's pretty much it. Keep the questions coming.

Old 05/19/2004, 8:50 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Well agiain, before Saturday is here. What skits are left of hers and does she think they'll do her farewell?

Old 05/19/2004, 9:10 PM
Totally F****able

She doesn't think they'll do her farewell, and she doesnt know what sketches of hers are left.

AS far as the previous question about what she misses most about Mad her answer came in one word...........EVERYTHING!

she misses working on a great show, with a great cast and crew, where she spent her time laughing her ass off!

Old 05/19/2004, 9:13 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Do you think it would be possible to have mo send an autographed picture to scorpio and have her post it on her? I think that would be so awesome. LOL

--Just an idea....doesn't have to come true. LOL

Old 05/19/2004, 9:55 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Did she get our autographed picture and letter scorp?

oh and what advice can she offer to someone like me who might want to end up on MADtv... or does she encourage people to steer away from that type of career?

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 05/19/2004, 10:33 PM
Totally F****able

She hadn't gotten our autographed pic and letter, BUT she did see it in the forum and was very touched by it, it made her feel very special.

She told me that there won't be a farewell in this Sat's ep. The farewell, was only for her and the crew gave her a DVD of it.

I asked her to send me a pic of herself holding a "hi scorpio" sign and she said when she took one she would send it. LOL

She isnt sure when or if Detective Fiction will come out on DVD.

I'm not sure about a lot of things myself at the moment

Old 05/20/2004, 12:00 AM
Totally F****able

I found out some information about "Plan B" the show with Caroline Rhea that Mo filmed the pilot. Mo played Caroline's Weight Watchers leader. I got this off of a message board for the show from someone who was there. Unfortunately Plan B was not picked up for the fall season. However there is talk that it may be used as a mid season replacement if another show fails. Below is the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. I just wanted to leave a quick post this morning before Don and I go enjoy our last day here in LA.

We went to the pilot taping last night and had a really good time. The studio provided us with water and sandwiches. We got there pretty early to make sure we could sit together, but it turned out that our seats were assigned for us. The whole Rheaville group was split up into two groups.

After the studio filled up, Caroline came out into the audience and walked through the crowd prior to introducing the rest of the cast. I got a hug which made my night!!!!

There were some pre-taped scenes that we watched on the monitor so we could add some laughter to the recording. Mo Collins (MAD TV) plays her Weight Watchers group leader - those scenes were really funny.

The whole show was really funny. We got to see them do most of the scenes twice and sometimes three times. Also, retakes of little blurbs of scenes in order to get it just right.

Caroline was great and she seems so much more relaxed back in this environment. The supporting cast is really good and they all seem to have fun together on the set.

It was really interesting to see things change between takes. The writers, actors and the director would have little conversations between takes and then they would do the scene over again with some changes. Very interesting how things work on the set.

Some other celebs that were there were Camryn Manheim (The Practice), Richard Kind (Mad About You/Spin City) and Steve Howey (Reba). I took a picture of Maya with Camryn in the parking lot after everything was ove - so Maya get that picture up there!!!! Also, Caroline's dad and one of her sisters (not Cynthia - the other one) were in the audience.

We didn't take our camera in the studio because they told us that we couldn't. So, I have no pictures from the show itself. However, we did take several pictures of Rheaville on our little excursions to the beach and out to dinner. So, I will post them eventually.

Well, we are off to do something outside before it's time to go get on our plane back to Chicago.

Caroline told us that she was making plans to meet up with the group either today or tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be today because we won't be here tomorrow!!!

D.R.

Old 05/20/2004, 1:30 PM
DeRf

another question i have is what would she say if she met Carol Burnett?

Amen to that!

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.
Old 05/20/2004, 1:46 PM
Totally F****able

Mo is out of town til next Tuesday, I'll ask her when she gets back.

Old 05/20/2004, 2:07 PM
DeRf

okie dokie

Amen to that!

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.
Old 05/20/2004, 9:19 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Have you asked her my other question?
Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
oh and what advice can she offer to someone like me who might want to end up on MADtv... or does she encourage people to steer away from that type of career?

Old 05/20/2004, 9:27 PM
Totally F****able

When she gets back I'll ask.........I promise

Old 05/20/2004, 9:28 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
When she gets back I'll ask.........I promise
thanx scorp... u rock!

Old 05/20/2004, 9:31 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Ooooh and scorp, tell mo that if she ever thinks of it while in contact with debra, to tell her that i'm debras biggest fan!!! lol

Old 05/20/2004, 9:31 PM
Totally F****able

I try

Old 05/20/2004, 11:37 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Ask her if she'd ever be up for a chat session w/her biggest fans, the members of this forum. She could use any name if she sets up the irc from an outside source and then the mods wouldn't be able to see her isp. I'm pretty sure anyways. Maybe not right away since we have this thread, but maybe sometime in the future?....just a suggestion if she would like to do that, it'd rock.

Old 05/20/2004, 11:39 PM
Totally F****able

I'll see what I can do...........

Old 05/22/2004, 12:34 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

but, what ur doing isnt cool. we've all been lied to.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 05/22/2004, 12:37 PM
Totally F****able

Do you know that for sure that we've been lied to? Do you have proof that we've been lied to.........

I don't think we've been lied to at all.......

And until I see proof that we've been lied to then I stand by my Claim that the person I am talking to is in fact Mo Collins.