Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/21/2010, 8:10 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ah shut up Washington wastebag!

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 02/21/2010, 8:21 PM
D2F

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 02/21/2010, 8:28 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

That picture with that title doesn't make sense at all.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/22/2010, 3:01 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't know if anyone has been looking towards pairs ice dancing, but honestly I cannot figure out why this is a sport, let alone one in the Olympics. 1 I don't see what fashion and sports have in common. 2 none of the costumes make sense as you have the Russians doing something from Australia (offensive), the French doing something from a Western, the Americans doing something from India (offensive), and the Canadians doing some kind of Brazilian salsa. 3 except for maybe a flip of the girl which they do like 1 time, they are essentially just skating and moving their arms, something that I'm sure someone could do in their third skating lesson.

Well now there is controversy with the Russian team, as they have been doing a routine that is considered offensive to the Aboriginals of Australia. After a performance last month in which they garnered some criticism, they toned down some of the makeup, but despite that, they still turned in one of the most God awful performances I have ever seen. From their stupid moves, to the stupid looks on their faces, to the offensive music, to there not understanding of which Aboriginal culture they were doing (mixing Australian, and Arctic culture at the end), it was just bad. You can all see by the video. Apparently they got blessings from an Aboriginal tribe (which I assume is one of the 4 First Nations, not the Australians) but since it likely wasn't Australian first nations, then it doesn't matter.

Well it doesn't matter anyway, as Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada put in a flawless and beautiful salsa routine that should have basically been the equivalent of Shaun White snowboard routine. It should have been unbeatable. If they don't win the Gold, something is wrong with those judges, but then again, this wouldn't be the first time that judges would have screwed over Canada.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/22/2010, 8:45 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Watching all this Olympics stuff made me realize one thing:

Curling makes no goddamn sense to me.

Also, yay, 3000th post.

Old 02/22/2010, 11:00 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Virtue and Moir! First North American pair to win the gold medal in ice dancing, and the youngest. And best of all, they are Canadian! This might be our best gold of the games. They were placed 3rd in the group, and skated 2 of the best skates of their lives. It was a true thrill to watch.

And curling is a little confusing, but when you learn the game, it is probably the smartest sporting event around. I went to curling on Friday, and it was crazy. Canada wasn't even in it, but the place was packed and wild. This being at 9:00 in the morning. I really liked watching curling yesterday, and seeing the audience serenade the Canadian men with O Canada. It was just great.

Speaking of that curling event. In front of where I was sitting, sat 8 guys in cowboy hats drinking beer. This was again, at 9:00 in the morning. At one point, one of them fell asleep on another ones sholdier, and it was quite a site. I had never seen that before. An actual broakback mountain sighting.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/22/2010, 11:20 PM
D2F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
And curling is a little confusing, but when you learn the game, it is probably the smartest sporting event around. I went to curling on Friday, and it was crazy. Canada wasn't even in it, but the place was packed and wild. This being at 9:00 in the morning. I really liked watching curling yesterday, and seeing the audience serenade the Canadian men with O Canada. It was just great.
Son of a bitch, I am enraged at the fact that you probably got to see Eve Miurhead in person

Yeah, curling is actually fairly fun to watch when you understand how it works, which I mostly do. I was watching it today and yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling#Scoring

Basically the objective is at the end of each End (sorta like an inning) you find the team with a stone closest to the center "button". That team gets a point for each stone they have that's closer to it than the opponent's closest.

Also it's not worth watching men's curling in my opinion because it's nowhere near as entertaining. The women's teams are so much more animated. I was a saaad man when Team Eve (UK) lost to team adorable (Denmark today). On the last rock, Eve almost blasted away all 4 of the opponents rocks in the center which would have tied the game in one fell swoop, but she only managed to move 3 far enough away. Sad Eve makes me sad

Japan is team Yap because they're constantly screaming "YAP YAP YAAAAP".

Anyways, you should check it out once you understand the rules, you might like it.

About the ice dancing thing, I missed almost all of today's ice dancing but I came in and one of the pairs was dancing to Crawling in My Skin by Linkin Park The next group was about the 900th pair to dance to Requiem for a Dream. Not my sport...

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 02/22/2010, 11:37 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Old 02/23/2010, 12:01 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
Son of a bitch, I am enraged at the fact that you probably got to see Eve Miurhead in person
Oh yeah. She was the closest to where I was sitting. They were facing Germany. My row was like her fan section. She even gave a wave up at us. I think we were known as the Eve O's.

I can't believe Denmark beat them. They have been terrible. Watching them against China on Friday morning was just embarrasing.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 12:06 AM
D2F

Quote:
Oh yeah. She was the closest to where I was sitting. They were facing Germany. My row was like her fan section. She even gave a wave up at us. I think we were known as the Eve O's.
RAAAAAGE. You lucky duck.

blackwind: I wish nothing but the worst for your crew of Danish flunkies. They will choke and choke HAAAARRRRD in the days to come....... YAP.

Old 02/23/2010, 12:41 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I just saw myself on the Colbert Report, and it wasn't me in the crowd, or just my arm (although there was that too), the full me! Fuck ya! I made it on to US television! This is fucking awesome!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 12:43 AM
D2F

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 02/23/2010, 12:50 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ohh, that's where I have trouble, because I really don't want my image out there. Call it being overprotective or out of touch, but that's how I feel.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 1:19 AM
D2F

Quote:
Brag about being on national TV. Don't want your image to get out.

Old 02/23/2010, 1:30 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Hmm. I think I may have an idea to prove myself, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow because I will have to record it in the rerun overnight.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 1:20 PM
D2F

Women's curling: Team Eve (UK) is out, Team Adorable (Denmark) is out, Team Choke (USA) is out, Team Yap (Japan) is out. Olympics ruined.

Old 02/23/2010, 1:24 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I am currently typing this from the Heinekin Holland House now, and this has to be the best pavilion at these games! The food, the look, and the beer oh the beer!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 1:29 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

When team Canada is in it that's all you really need Nemesis. I must say though, even though I find scottish accents sound old and a little rough, I think Eve is an exception.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 02/23/2010, 1:58 PM
D2F

I have no interest in Canada's curling team but I'll probably watch it anyways. I don't care about any of the remaining teams as I haven't watched any of their games.

Old 02/23/2010, 9:17 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I see, so you like losers.

Rise from the Dead!