Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1222?
Open: Season Ending Cliffhangers 3 18.75%
Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl 0 0%
King Henry: Fast Food 2 12.50%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #1 3 18.75%
Church Roast 3 18.75%
Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song 5 31.25%
I Shouldn't Be Alive 0 0%
Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership 0 0%
Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong Il's Dog, Kim Jong Gae 0 0%
Crafty Gals: Video Store 2 0 0%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #2 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06/04/2007, 7:17 PM
Fresh Meat

It was a good finale. My favorite sketch opener because it was smart.

Old 06/22/2007, 7:25 PM
Obsessed!

think we'll ever see the cast closing...ever??? Any chance of it getting leaked out into youtube.....or will it prob. be something that we will just have to imagine how good it was?

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 06/22/2007, 8:54 PM
zlolz

Probably not. I don't really care about seeing it anymore because it's really only worth it right when the season ends. But it would be nice to see it.

Old 02/07/2008, 12:56 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

For those of you who are interested, the sketch poll option has been added to this thread, if there is enough discussion (or even interest) generated, expect further additions.

Old 02/07/2008, 2:32 PM
zlolz

TORI MCLACHLAN FTW! That sketch rules.

Old 12/26/2008, 2:54 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

As of now I am going to be doing major summaries for all of the season 12 episodes over time, so I figure while I'm doing this I can also give reviews for the episode as I go along. That way people will at least see the fruits of my labour. For any of you who get mad at me for opening old threads, give me a break, I'm doing this for all of you and the good of the site! All of my reviews will be as if I had just seen the episode the week it aired.

Season Ending Cliffhangers: It was very in touch with what many television shows were doing at the time. Not bad. The highlight was Crista's "casual" pregnancy, which I feel she acted really well.

Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl: I felt that they were pushing it a little with this one. It wasn't very funny and Blind Kung Fu Master seemed to have overstayed it's welcome as a character. I think this should be the end for the character. The highlight of the sketch was when Galvadahl did the wind spell which wasn't good since the Blind Kung Fu Master can't see.

The King Henry Show: Burger King: This was funny. I love the King Henry idea so the continuation of it is much appreciated. The highlight was when Henry killed the manager and they turned him into burgers. If I told you, I'd have to kill you!

Coach Hines: High School Prom #1-2: Not the best Coach Hines sketch. Not enough confrontation between Yaminashi and Coach Hines, and it just felt a little off. The closing shouldn't have been there. It should have been the cast closing for season 12. They broke tradition, and this was a tradition they never should have broke! The highlight of the sketch was Keegan's dancing. It was pretty talented but that doesn't make up for the sketch. (out of 10)

Church Roast: Not very good. There were very few jokes, and the sketch was a bit flat. It was real SNLish. The highlight was Dane Cook. Ike's Dane I honestly feel is his best impressions.

Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song: Not as good as Marry Xmas. Maybe it's because this one seems a little more cheery than the last one. Not much more, but a little bit more. The highlight was... well, there is really no large highlight here. Still not too bad.

I Shouldn't Be Alive: Creative, but a little confusing. The highlight was the re-re-re-enacting. Set attack!

Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership: It seems like this was to give Ike a showing of one of the few characters he played. I hope this doesn't mean that this is the end for him. Not bad, but a little obscure. The highlight was Killbrane's trap in the car for Astroman.

Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong Il's Dog, Kim Jong Gae: Good concept, but I am not really that much of a fan of the animated stuff. The highlight is when the dog stops to lick itself and he is hunted for food by 2 North Koreans.

Crafty Gals: Video Store 2: I hate Crafty Gals! I don't see why people think that they are so hot. This is getting old! The highlight was when Crista said that she liked the girl who played Hermione, mostly because that was her!

Out of 55 stars, this episode got 291/2 stars. A C- rating, and not that great a way to end the season, but if MADtv continues on the path that it is on in season 13, MADtv could be getting into a golden time.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)